register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #1

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,670 Times in 704 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Anybody know where the solenoid purge valve is located?

I think my gas stublme rich issue witch now is a cosatant problem is caused by a leaky solenoid purge valve, this valve leaks fumes into the intake(in an controlled manner) if its messed up youll get an extreme rich condition. The valve is $90 bucks I think it might be just to the left of the tmic but im not sure what it looks like or if its close to the gas tank?
 Old 10-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,575 Posts
Groans: 46
Groaned at 16 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

HERE:
Attached Images
File Type: gif 135191520.gif (29.5 KB, 314 views)
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks
SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
gsrtype1 (10-15-2009), msalva2 (03-12-2012)
 Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #3

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
HERE:
thanks bro!
 Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

All the symptoms pointed to the purge valve, im randomly super rich at idle witch is causing my problems. Its not though switched it out and my problem remains
 Old 10-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #5

skeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,326 Times in 803 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn and thats a expensive little guy. sorry man

2008 Speed 3 GT- Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, AQ Motorsports DP (Turboxs Adapter Plate), TurboXS FMIC, GReddy CBE, GReddy BPV, 3P Flange, GReddy TT, GReddy Boost Gauge, Vent Pod, GReddy Shift Knob, SU Shifter Bushings, AWR RMM, Cobb RSB, Cobb AP, Cobb Shifter Weight, Autotech FP Internals, Corksport Exhaust Hangers. "rolling on"

1996 200sx SE-R- Injen CAI, GReddy SP2 CBE, Progress FSB, Progress RSB, Cusco FSTB, Progress LCAB, Prothane MM, JWT POP Program, JWT S4 Cams, Mishimoto Radiator, GoodRidge SS Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Nismo CF Shift Knob. "tranny woes"
skeeter149 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter149 For This Useful Post:
gsrtype1 (10-16-2009)
 Old 10-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skeeter149 View Post
damn and thats a expensive little guy. sorry man
Yeah bro $90 bucks... I may try to see if I can return it on monday but prob not cause its electrical.
 Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

skeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,326 Times in 803 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hope they take it back cause thats a oil change and a tank of gas. man, good luck finding this little gremlin

2008 Speed 3 GT- Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, AQ Motorsports DP (Turboxs Adapter Plate), TurboXS FMIC, GReddy CBE, GReddy BPV, 3P Flange, GReddy TT, GReddy Boost Gauge, Vent Pod, GReddy Shift Knob, SU Shifter Bushings, AWR RMM, Cobb RSB, Cobb AP, Cobb Shifter Weight, Autotech FP Internals, Corksport Exhaust Hangers. "rolling on"

1996 200sx SE-R- Injen CAI, GReddy SP2 CBE, Progress FSB, Progress RSB, Cusco FSTB, Progress LCAB, Prothane MM, JWT POP Program, JWT S4 Cams, Mishimoto Radiator, GoodRidge SS Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Nismo CF Shift Knob. "tranny woes"
skeeter149 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #8

robspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 58
Groaned at 286 Times in 281 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok look at this diagram i have a cpe cai and the wire going from the vavle to the fire wall i dont have that any anymore im assuming because i got a cai do i just need to cap that end piece off or.....???? Im lost i think this is the reason of why i keep getting a check engine light or gross leak dectect evap system or some crap like that!!

ok after reviewing some engine pics it seems i may have a vacuum leak from this vavle because my vavel doesnt connect to and hose that runs to the firewall i have a cpe cai can anyone tell me if there cpe cai is like this???

bump for help!!

Last edited by robspeed3; 10-21-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
robspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to robspeed3 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #9

robspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputerobspeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

bump
 Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #10

YammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to beholdYammerR1 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had a leaking fuel injector which caused the same symptom you're experiencing. Mine was way too rich at idle and would happen randomly. Fuel trims would go into the minus 20's. If you have a leaking injector (when the injector is supposed to be off) you might want to get it replaced asap as you'll f*k up your rings due to cylinder wash down.... speaking from experience.

The affected cyinlinder's spark plug will be completely carbon fouled so a quick check of the plugs will tell you which cylinder has the problem. Your dealership can diagnose a leaking fuel injector with their diagnostic system.
YammerR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

well at idle im sitting at 14.9 14.8
 Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #12

MS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,372 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 56 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my fail...

dead thread is dead

cobb ap // RICHTUNE // msd dh // autotech fpi // cp-e nano // htp tip // nator dc fmic // nator dc PnP intake mani // hks ssqv *vta* // cs dp // su tp
jbr rmm(88duro) // jbr pmm(80duro) // jbr tm(88duro) // act 6-puck // act streetlite fw // jbr egr delete // md occ // sure ssb // nator dc sts // jbr hw shift knob
ebc red // rx-8s wrapped in conti dws 235/40s www.sonictuning.com

311 whp - 345 lb/ft : Dynojet @ Moore Automotive *93 pump [4/13/13 MNM]
13.85 @ 106.68 @ Mason-Dixon Dragway *550' ASL [4/14/13 MNM]
Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
I would wear a pink unicorn shirt, and still call someone a faggot. Since when did MSFers begin to give fucks?...

Last edited by MS3inDC; 01-03-2012 at 06:50 PM.
MS3inDC is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/anybody-know-where-solenoid-purge-valve-located-40076/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazdaspeed 6 Purge Solenoid Valave .doc MSWord Document Download This thread Refback 09-25-2011 09:25 PM