register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree36Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #601

ABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,377 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post
12 hours if you have no suspension to remove and if lots of fail is involved, haha. Just have someone buy oil filters and oil while you are gone every few months. Its doable but arrangements need to be made before bringing it in.;-)

Sent via blown passenger side speakers.
Hmmm, that actually might work. While it's parked, just buy oil/filter every two/three months. And would it matter if I'm on coils? I have stock springs and front struts but I don't have rear shocks. What about motor mounts? I feel like no matter what I do, they'll find something to void the warranty.

2008 Chevy Colorado. The only truck that comes with a lifetime guarantee...
ABolewski is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #602

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,867 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ABolewski View Post
Hmmm, that actually might work. While it's parked, just buy oil/filter every two/three months. And would it matter if I'm on coils? I have stock springs and front struts but I don't have rear shocks. What about motor mounts? I feel like no matter what I do, they'll find something to void the warranty.
The last time I stocked someone out, we took off his coils because he was selling. I really hate doing suspension work. I highly doubt they can deny you for having suspension work. I am sure you can find a stock intake mani on the for sale threads.

The mounts have to be swapped. The only thing that can stay is the fuel pump internals.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to himurax13 For This Useful Post:
ABolewski (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #603

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,654 Times in 5,042 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd pull the internals anyways. They may replace the pump for some unknown reason, and then you're out $300+. It only takes 15 minutes to swap internals.
ABolewski (06-03-2013), Easter Bunny (06-03-2013), Micha (06-03-2013), Tokay444 (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #604

Micha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,777 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 73 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a stock fuel pump you can use and I know someone that might buy your intake mani from you and give you his stock one.

@Spoc;
Micha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post:
ABolewski (06-03-2013), himurax13 (06-03-2013), Little John (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #605

ABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the worldABolewski is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,377 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd definitely throw stock internals in there, exactly why silvapain said.

Also, this isn't the thread for this, I'll PM you @himurax13;
This might work out better then I thought.

EDIT: @Micha; I'll sext you. Swapping mani's would work perfect, I'd give him my JBR gasket too and use his stock one. I have my on internals still.

2008 Chevy Colorado. The only truck that comes with a lifetime guarantee...
ABolewski is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #606

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ABolewski View Post
I'd definitely throw stock internals in there, exactly why silvapain said.

Also, this isn't the thread for this, I'll PM you @himurax13;
This might work out better then I thought.

EDIT: @Micha; I'll sext you. Swapping mani's would work perfect, I'd give him my JBR gasket too and use his stock one. I have my on internals still.
All you have to do is get the Stock Catback from @lilred; and you are set.
ABolewski likes this.

Pickles Tune in progress

ABolewski (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #607

DTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me know what you guys think please. I started to smoke about 2 weeks ago since then I've added a JBR OCC with VTA kit (still waiting on Check Valve), a BNOON Bolt, and Rotella 5w-40. The other mods are in my Sig. So after these modifications I'm still smoking so i decided to do a compression test.

08 MS3 60,500 miles 862ft ASL
#1 191
#2 172
#3 171
#4 171

I think if it was 170's across the board I would be ok with these results but with cylinder 1 being so much higher I don't know what to think? I'm hoping the check valve will help maybe my PCV valve is junk which is causing me to smoke. If not then I hope its just the turbo. Do you guys think it might be something else with the compression results above? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by DTKII; 06-03-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Updated results after another test
DTKII is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #608

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How warm was your engine when you did the test and did you crank until the needle stopped?
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #609

DTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the worldDTKII is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by theurgy View Post
How warm was your engine when you did the test and did you crank until the needle stopped?
Engine was up to Temp, I cranked it until i heard about 4 pumps of air.
 Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #610
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,378 Times in 7,868 Posts
Groans: 792
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's your problem.
Crank till gauge doesn't move.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
DTKII (06-04-2013), Lex (06-03-2013), ms3blackmica (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #611

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
That's your problem.
Crank till gauge doesn't move.
Shit just got it all back together Thank you i will update after i test it again.
 Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #612

Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay, after re testing the compression it is higher but there is still a 20psi difference in cylinder1 and the rest of them. Other info a couple posts above. Thanks.

#1 192
#2 172
#3 171
#4 171

Thanks for the tip, now what are your thoughts?

Last edited by DTKII; 06-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
 Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #613

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DTKII View Post
Okay, after re testing the compression it is higher but there is still a 20psi difference in cylinder1 and the rest of them. Other info a couple posts above. Thanks.

#1 192
#2 172
#3 171
#4 171

Thanks for the tiip, now what are thoughts?
The prognosis is not good. It is a 10% difference. A little more and I would be getting ready to take some action.

Pickles Tune in progress

Last edited by himurax13; 06-03-2013 at 10:13 PM.
 Old 06-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #614

timjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

#1 192
#2 172
#3 171
#4 171

How does the car behave, aside from smoking turbo syndrome?
You're technically still in specs. I wouldn't worry too much if the engine is running fine.
Sorry if I missed some information somewhere.
atvfreek (06-04-2013), DTKII (06-03-2013), smoogs12 (06-06-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #615

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by timjs View Post
How does the car behave, aside from smoking turbo syndrome?
You're technically still in specs. I wouldn't worry too much if the engine is running fine.
Sorry if I missed some information somewhere.
The car runs fine other than the smoking, I figured I would run a compression test to make sure the rings were ok. It seems to have good compression just a big variance from 1 and the rest of cylinders. I hope your right bc a turbo is much easier to replace than internals. Thanks
 Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #616

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Leak down test should be your next step.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (06-04-2013), DTKII (06-04-2013)
 Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #617
Resident Baus

duappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the world
Groans: 34
Groaned at 56 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well i just did my first compression test. Car is a 2011 genpu with 57,000 miles. Basically fully bolted around 20,000 and BT at ~52,000. Results are as follows.

(Passenger Side)
Cylinder 1: 174
Cylinder 2: 183
Cylinder 3: 184
Cylinder 4: 184
(Driver Side)

I was going to test cylinder one again to confirm the slightly lower reading but after the engine cranked a few times I blew the hose on the tester kit apart. It was a rented autozone kit though so w/e. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about at the moment?

FREEKTUNE (On hold 'til EWG) ATP GTX3071R IWG (soon to be EWG) Full Race exhaust manifold CP-e whale peen + 3.25 in. intake
COBB EBCS + Downpipe + BPV + AP Stage 2 Corksport CBE + Brake Pads Ultimate FMIC NGK Iridium IX @ .28 DDM HID 6000k
Autotech CDFP Internals JBarone EGR delete, TB + IM gaskets, SSP + Shift Anchors, 88D RMM, 70D passenger + tranny mount, RSB, and OCC
HTP battery box TSW Nurburgrings 18x8.5 MBR w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235x40x18 +45 Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Installation TBD: H&R springs + Koni yellow shocks + struts
duappleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #618

Tyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the worldTyhackman15 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,283 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by duappleganger View Post
Well i just did my first compression test. Car is a 2011 genpu with 57,000 miles. Basically fully bolted around 20,000 and BT at ~52,000. Results are as follows.

(Passenger Side)
Cylinder 1: 174
Cylinder 2: 183
Cylinder 3: 184
Cylinder 4: 184
(Driver Side)

I was going to test cylinder one again to confirm the slightly lower reading but after the engine cranked a few times I blew the hose on the tester kit apart. It was a rented autozone kit though so w/e. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about at the moment?
5% difference, and the gauge is probably only accurate +/- like 3-5% so I wouldn't worry about it IMO
1995 Miata 1.8L w/ FMII GT2560R @11psi, FM stage 2 clutch/flywheel, FM Frame rail braces, FM high capacity radiator/fans, RB Sway bars, Racing beat exhaust, Fat cat Coilovers, Jongbloed 15x9, Wilwood 4 wheel BBK, Rollbar, Hardtop, TDR Racing seat
2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen 2.3T Stage 3+ bro, SRI, 3" DP, ETS FMIC, 17x8 BBS RK2's, Full chassis bracing / sway bars, Forge BPV, Winter/DD
Tyhackman15 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyhackman15 For This Useful Post:
duappleganger (06-04-2013)
 Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #619
Resident Baus

duappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the world
Groans: 34
Groaned at 56 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nonetheless, I am pretty excited that cylinder 3 isn't being a little bitch.

FREEKTUNE (On hold 'til EWG) ATP GTX3071R IWG (soon to be EWG) Full Race exhaust manifold CP-e whale peen + 3.25 in. intake
COBB EBCS + Downpipe + BPV + AP Stage 2 Corksport CBE + Brake Pads Ultimate FMIC NGK Iridium IX @ .28 DDM HID 6000k
Autotech CDFP Internals JBarone EGR delete, TB + IM gaskets, SSP + Shift Anchors, 88D RMM, 70D passenger + tranny mount, RSB, and OCC
HTP battery box TSW Nurburgrings 18x8.5 MBR w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235x40x18 +45 Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Installation TBD: H&R springs + Koni yellow shocks + struts
duappleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to duappleganger For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (06-04-2013)
 Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #620

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by duappleganger View Post
Nonetheless, I am pretty excited that cylinder 3 isn't being a little bitch.
Those results look great!
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atvfreek For This Useful Post:
duappleganger (06-04-2013), himurax13 (06-04-2013)
 Old 06-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #621

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,695 Times in 1,061 Posts
Groans: 66
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did my MS6 and CX7 last night while changing oil in both.
My car has 40k and got 190s on all cylinders
CX-7 has 70k and got
1:180psi
2:180psi
3:150psi
4:180psi

Weird that oil level was perfect in CX-7 but I was down a couple of quarts in mine a week or so ago. I started a job that is a 100mi/day commute so I figured it would be a good time to make sure my car was up to the job.

GUess I need to sell the cx7
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #622

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
did my MS6 and CX7 last night while changing oil in both.
My car has 40k and got 190s on all cylinders
CX-7 has 70k and got
1:180psi
2:180psi
3:150psi
4:180psi

Weird that oil level was perfect in CX-7 but I was down a couple of quarts in mine a week or so ago. I started a job that is a 100mi/day commute so I figured it would be a good time to make sure my car was up to the job.

GUess I need to sell the cx7
How many miles? Warranty? Was engine hot? Did you do a wet test?

Pickles Tune in progress

Old 06-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #623

Not Ranked  0 score     

TL: DR Which relay do I pull to do the compression test?
Injector or Fuel Pump?

Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #624

Not Ranked  0 score     

Injector or Fuel Pump?
I don't pull anything. I just keep the clutch and gas floored while cranking.

Pickles Tune in progress

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to himurax13 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (06-09-2013), btstarcher (06-09-2013)
 Old 06-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #625
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^that

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 06-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #626

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Injector or Fuel Pump?
As these guys just stated. I just mash my gas pedal to the floor. That shuts the injectors off, as its a factory "clear flood" mode
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #627

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds good, I jest remember the last time I did a compression test I had pulled a relay of sorts.
Isn't this similar to the procedure to pressurize the fuel rail?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #628

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds good, I jest remember the last time I did a compression test I had pulled a relay of sorts.
Isn't this similar to the procedure to pressurize the fuel rail?
Yes. I also don't pull fuses for fuel internal installs either.

Pickles Tune in progress

theurgy (06-09-2013)
 Old 06-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #629

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well my results should be posted later today.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #630

Not Ranked  0 score     

Results:
1-4 (left to right)

1: 165
2: 170
3: 160
4: 165

The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-09-2013)
 Old 06-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #631

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

How many miles? Warranty? Was engine hot? Did you do a wet test?

As I stated CX7 has 70k so it is out of Mazda warranty. I have a 100k warranty we bought with it when I got it from carmax but doubt they will do anything for me.
Engine was warm, but it is clear cyl 3 is fucked. Wet test as in with fuel on? no pulled INJ relay. Or wet as in spray oil in and see if numbers go up to determine if rings bad? I guess I can do that. I just cleaned intake valves at 60k so I doubt there is a problem with them sealing but who know. Could do a leakdown test but not sure what this will tell me also. Car gets 14mpgs so have been wanting to get something new but owe 11k so its not like I could sell it and buy a new car with the profits. Wife wants a minivan but they dont get great mileage either. But either way I think we should get rid of the CX7 soon...
 Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #632

Not Ranked  0 score     

As I stated CX7 has 70k so it is out of Mazda warranty. I have a 100k warranty we bought with it when I got it from carmax but doubt they will do anything for me.
Engine was warm, but it is clear cyl 3 is fucked. Wet test as in with fuel on? no pulled INJ relay. Or wet as in spray oil in and see if numbers go up to determine if rings bad? I guess I can do that. I just cleaned intake valves at 60k so I doubt there is a problem with them sealing but who know. Could do a leakdown test but not sure what this will tell me also. Car gets 14mpgs so have been wanting to get something new but owe 11k so its not like I could sell it and buy a new car with the profits. Wife wants a minivan but they dont get great mileage either. But either way I think we should get rid of the CX7 soon...
Sounds like a plan.

Pickles Tune in progress

Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #633
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

cleaning the backs/stems of the valves won't do much for the seats.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 06-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #634

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
cleaning the backs/stems of the valves won't do much for the seats.
So your saying there could just be a piece of gunk on the seat causing it not to seal? I guess adding oil and retesting compression and doing a leakdown will tell me what it is better?

When I cleaned my intake valves on another engine I could not get one of the valves to seal as the B12 would always drain out overnight. However it obviously did get clean after I ran it as it now has 180psi... so it is def possible that its just gunk.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviator79 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-11-2013)
 Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #635

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So your saying there could just be a piece of gunk on the seat causing it not to seal? I guess adding oil and retesting compression and doing a leakdown will tell me what it is better?

When I cleaned my intake valves on another engine I could not get one of the valves to seal as the B12 would always drain out overnight. However it obviously did get clean after I ran it as it now has 180psi... so it is def possible that its just gunk.
It could be, but keep in mind that valves rotate during normal operation and that helps keep the seat clear of debris like that. It is always possible though.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #636

Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright I did a leak down test and pushed oil out of the dipstick while testing cylinder 2 so it looks like I'm gonna have to build the motor?

Last edited by DTKII; 06-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.
 Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #637

Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright I did a leak down test and pushed oil out of the dipstick on cylinder 2 so it looks like I'm gonna have to build the motor?
Huh?

Pickles Tune in progress

btstarcher (06-12-2013)
 Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #638

Not Ranked  0 score     

Huh?

While performing a leak down test on cylinder 2 oil started coming out of the dip stick tube. I'm pretty sure it did that bc I put my finger over the valve cover vent so the air had no where else to go so it pushed oil out.

Here is my post from a couple of days ago.....

#1 192
#2 172
#3 171
#4 171

Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #639

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,743 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Soooooooo dipstick was removed from tube?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #640

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Soooooooo dipstick was removed from tube?
Yes to see if I could hear air coming out of it while doing a leak down test.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 04:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 08:06 AM