register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree36Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #721

Black Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,307 Times in 422 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Threw P0302 CEL which is cylinder 2 misfire. Pulled and replaced plugs, swapped coil packs and did a compression test. Got the following

I'm looking for a used block to build I knew it was coming just thought it would take a little longer.
- GS EBCS - H&R Springs - Sure TIG's - PNP'D Intake Manifold - EGR Delete -

12.89 @ 104.9 1.82 60' 4500' ASL on K04 20 PSI E30
12.01 @ 113.9 1.80 60' 4500' ASL on 3071 22 PSI E20

- 2004 Silver Sunlight Metallic RX-8 -
- 6MT - Stock -
Black Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #722

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,735 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CosmicArkie View Post
I'd be interested in an explanation for that....

Unless ya'll cranked it longer/harder.
He told me that he didn't know why it was higher....but that the procedure clearly states to pull the relay and let it die before performing the test. Makes no sense to me either. I don't understand how it would be higher, but he said it was.
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
CosmicArkie (08-19-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #723

CosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,467 Times in 687 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post
Threw P0302 CEL which is cylinder 2 misfire. Pulled and replaced plugs, swapped coil packs and did a compression test. Got the following

I'm looking for a used block to build I knew it was coming just thought it would take a little longer.

Just doesn't seem right to hit the "like" or "thank" button. Kinda that awkward situation. We feels for ya, butt, ya gotta pay when you wanna play.

"I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell her to tell me to do"
CosmicArkie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #724

MPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the worldMPS_Fan is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 17 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would say its better to have low compression than a hole in the block and messed up head much less $$$ needed for rebuild
MPS_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #725

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,735 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CosmicArkie View Post
I'd be interested in an explanation for that....

Unless ya'll cranked it longer/harder.
I plan on trying to reproduce his results when I get a chance. I also can't see what the purpose is, or how it would produce higher compression. The only thing I can think of is that it prevents fuel from entering the combustion chamber, but so does putting the pedal to the floor.
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #726

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,472 Times in 970 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post

Do a leak test because you also COULD have a leaking injector seal that causes compression lose... If you hear air coming from under the intake then that might be your issue and not a blown motor...
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//dnp manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport

Last edited by qtrmile beast; 08-20-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtrmile beast For This Useful Post:
Black Metal (08-20-2013), Tokay444 (08-20-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #727
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,370 Times in 7,865 Posts
Groans: 791
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

take it from me guys. ALWAYS pair a leak down test withy our compression tests. that way you know you're seeing the big picture.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Black Metal (08-20-2013), btstarcher (08-20-2013), qtrmile beast (08-20-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #728

Mandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
take it from me guys. ALWAYS pair a leak down test withy our compression tests. that way you know you're seeing the big picture.
We tried to on my MS6 this weekend but for some reason we couldn't get it working. I'm planning on trying again with another tester.
Mandinca is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #729

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,644 Times in 841 Posts
Groans: 95
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

"We don't pull no stinking relays." Just hold the go pedal all the way down to the floor and it cuts off fuel flow to the cylinders.
Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods:TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (08-20-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #730

Dizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,039 Times in 850 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
"We don't pull no stinking relays."
What's the name of that movie? Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Edit: blazing saddles haha love it
Dizzy Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy Turbo For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (08-20-2013), qtrmile beast (08-20-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #731

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,472 Times in 970 Posts
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

MSMS3 and Dizzy Turbo like this.
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//dnp manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtrmile beast For This Useful Post:
Dizzy Turbo (08-21-2013), MSMS3 (08-20-2013)
 Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #732

Black Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,307 Times in 422 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by qtrmile beast View Post
Do a leak test because you also COULD have a leaking injector seal that causes compression lose... If you hear air coming from under the intake then that might be your issue and not a blown motor...
A little more back story. The car idles fine, fresh oil (rotella) smells like fuel after less than 200 miles, No smoke unless I load the engine up. I am going to buy a leak down tester tomorrow. I was thinking maybe my head gasket cracked between the 1 & 2 Cylinders?
- GS EBCS - H&R Springs - Sure TIG's - PNP'D Intake Manifold - EGR Delete -

12.89 @ 104.9 1.82 60' 4500' ASL on K04 20 PSI E30
12.01 @ 113.9 1.80 60' 4500' ASL on 3071 22 PSI E20

- 2004 Silver Sunlight Metallic RX-8 -
- 6MT - Stock -
Black Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Metal For This Useful Post:
snailD (08-20-2013)
 Old 09-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #733

Pseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just got mine back from the shop with these results...

opinions? im looking to tune the car asap but want things running as well as i can get it before.

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
AWR PMM/RMM Autotech Internals
Sonic Tuning Coilovers ETS TMIC
HTP 3 Incher Forge V2 BPV
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #734

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,867 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
just got mine back from the shop with these results...

opinions? im looking to tune the car asap but want things running as well as i can get it before.
I would do another test with the engine hot and do a wet test to see if that 150 goes back up, especially if it is #3 . 27 PSI difference is more than 10% and is cause for concern.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to himurax13 For This Useful Post:
shopety2012 (09-19-2013)
 Old 09-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #735

Pseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the worldPseudonym is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
 Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #736

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I highly reccomend a proper leakdown test as well.

Sent via blown passenger side speakers.

Pickles Tune in progress

Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #737

xtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 98
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Compression test last year was 180 on all 4 cylinders. Did anyone 2 days ago and got

Add a teaspoon of oil in cylinder 3 and it popped back up to 180.
That's pretty much a sign of cylinder ring right? I'm guessing theres no way it's the injector seal =\
Mazdaspeed6 #10018 TiGrey
Forged Internals, PTE5858.
2015' Freektuned on 93Octane 322/337 (stock top mount and BPV)
2016' Freektuned on e85/93 480/444 (maxed out 3bar map sensor)
Mazda CX-5 AWD Daily
xtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #738

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xtasy View Post
Compression test last year was 180 on all 4 cylinders. Did anyone 2 days ago and got

That's pretty much a sign of cylinder ring right? I'm guessing theres no way it's the injector seal =\
That does appear to be a fried ring or cracked ringland.

Sent via blown passenger side speakers.

Pickles Tune in progress

Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #739
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stop doing comp tests without leak downs!

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-18-2013), jdmage_mx5 (09-19-2013), phate (09-18-2013)
 Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #740

JTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,311 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since we did one on my PU this weekend as it has burned a qt of 5w 30 in 2500 miles I figured I throw up our findings. Compression test was done with two different testers for accuracy and right after driving 100+ miles to @silvapain;s house so plenty warm.

First test:
Cyl 1= 192
Cyl 2= 192
Cyl 3= 195
Cyl 4= 195

Second test: (within 5 mins of first test)
Cyl 1= 190
Cyl 2= 186
Cyl 3= 190
Cyl 4= 190

So my concerns went down somewhat but when i went to put the hotpipe (fmic) back oil residue was present with the finger test but not visible at first glance. Poor ko4.... Also after spending some time yesterday looking at shit underneath I found a small amount of buildup at the crankcase but nothing on the undertray. RMS leaking was the diagnoses from my fellow Nator IL gearheads.

Figured data is data, whether good or bad but internals seem healthy with just under 47K of miles put on them.

Sent using stupid fucking Swype!

4/15/12 dynojet results: 305whp / 355 tq

JTMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTMS3 For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (09-18-2013), silvapain (09-18-2013)
 Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #741
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,333 Times in 6,952 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xtasy View Post

Do you have oil in your intake from the valve cover vent tube?

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #742

Not Ranked  0 score     

id originally took the car in to get a leak down test but they didnt do it saying it was pointless since i had a compression test done. fuuuuuuuuuu

also, the car was running very lean according to the mechanic after inspecting the spark plug. they found that the gasket around the bpv was fucked and replaced it. could any of this help in me getting that 150 in cyl 3?

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
 Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #743
OG Prostitute

shopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 68 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

id originally took the car in to get a leak down test but they didnt do it saying it was pointless since i had a compression test done. fuuuuuuuuuu

also, the car was running very lean according to the mechanic after inspecting the spark plug. they found that the gasket around the bpv was fucked and replaced it. could any of this help in me getting that 150 in cyl 3?
Who is "they"?

currently forging a monster sr20det LS swap killer... brb

used to be the "best looking life partner blue ive seen" - Voltron

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
TEAM Dad -- FYCN
shopety2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #744

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shopety2012 View Post
Who is "they"?
the shop i took it to to have the tests done.

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
 Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #745
OG Prostitute

shopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the worldshopety2012 is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 68 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the shop i took it to to have the tests done.
like your average mechanic? or a performance shop? or like service department of a dealer?

currently forging a monster sr20det LS swap killer... brb

used to be the "best looking life partner blue ive seen" - Voltron

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
TEAM Dad -- FYCN
shopety2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #746

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shopety2012 View Post
like your average mechanic? or a performance shop? or like service department of a dealer?
efi logics. performance shop that caters to subarus mostly.

Cobb AP JBR SSP/SSB's
eBay Test Pipe

SCUBA TUNED
 Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #747
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

So in others words they've never done a compression test before, since those subby guys never take their plugs out.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (09-27-2013), himurax13 (09-22-2013), Realgib3 (09-25-2013), shopety2012 (09-19-2013)
 Old 09-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #748

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,226 Times in 804 Posts
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did my first compression test with a brand new craftsman compression tester (old one doesn't seal). I beat the shit out of this car and I currently have 42000 hard earned miles. I've been wanting to do one for a while now but I've been busy.

Car was not 100% warm so I'm expecting slightly higher numbers on a warmer car.
Dry only
1 - 175
2 - 174
3 - 175
4 - 172

Very happy with the results. Car runs perfect so I expected no less. Also checked the plugs (they have 10K on them) and they're very clean and gap is spot on.

I gotta say this MZR engine is holding up damn well.
SpeedThrizzle likes this.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #749

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,558 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got out of class and did a compression test after going to get gas and back to my dorm. Pretty satisfied with my numbers at 15k running Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30.

1= 180
2= 175
3= 179
4= 180

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = EGR Delete - PS Cooler - RMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (09-28-2013)
 Old 09-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #750

Little John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the worldLittle John is the leader of the world
Groans: 55
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did a test on my motor after finishing my break in.(1000) miles!

It wasnt very warm.
1=180
2=180
3=180
4=180

Will do another test when i have the motor warm
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little John For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (09-28-2013)
 Old 09-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #751
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Got out of class and did a compression test after going to get gas and back to my dorm. Pretty satisfied with my numbers at 15k running Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30.

1= 180
2= 175
3= 179
4= 180
What did the leak down say?

Originally Posted by Little John View Post
Just did a test on my motor after finishing my break in.(1000) miles!

It wasnt very warm.
1=180
2=180
3=180
4=180

Will do another test when i have the motor warm

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-28-2013), Realgib3 (09-27-2013)
 Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #752

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,558 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have a leak down tester but I'll try to go somewhere this week to get a test done.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = EGR Delete - PS Cooler - RMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings

Last edited by Mazdazilla6; 09-27-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Mazdazilla6 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #753
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,333 Times in 6,952 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If the compression numbers are good, there is no oil in the intake and no smoking/oil consumption on startup, accel, decel then I wouldn't jump on a leakdown.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
mazdas4me (04-22-2014), Mazdazilla6 (09-27-2013), slikr (09-27-2013)
 Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #754
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

knowing what i know now, with my motor, i honestly would only do a compression test SECONDARY to a leak down from now on. So much more vital information to be had from a leak test.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-28-2013)
 Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #755

mtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the worldmtosofsky is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Figure i'd throw in my numbers. Did a test yesterday just to see how healthy the car is. Car is a 2008 with 60200 miles and fully bolted with e85 and meth. Car has been raced a bunch of times and driven aggressively sometimes but i baby it plenty and maintain it well. Numbers were 188-183-183-190.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mtosofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #756

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,995 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
If the compression numbers are good, there is no oil in the intake and no smoking/oil consumption on startup, accel, decel then I wouldn't jump on a leakdown.
I agree with this. Leak down does tell a lot, but of the car isn't using oil or blowing oil out the dipstick, valve cover etc, you can trust the compression test is accurate.
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #757

nycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the worldnycMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,811 Times in 423 Posts
Groans: 129
Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

09 MS3 with 50k miles

195 - 192 - 190 - 190

Mods:
SRI, OCC, EGR Delete, Injector Seals, AP + Nishan tune

09 MS3 tuned by Nishan
nycMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #758

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,226 Times in 804 Posts
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Swapped plugs this morning so I decided to do a compression test while I'm at it. Car was at operating temperature.

1 - 182
2 - 180
3 - 181
4 - 180

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #759

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice numbers!
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
[R]usty (10-11-2013)
 Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #760

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,962 Times in 1,843 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

08.5 MS3 with 84K on the clock.

Thinking the gauge was off. (cheap one I borrowed) Car runs like a champ, so I figure its ok. I would like to do a leak down at some point.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maisonvi For This Useful Post:
Turbo4banger (01-08-2014)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 04:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 08:06 AM