register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree37Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #881

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,153 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

177/125/109/155. Tested today. No leak down. There's still absolutely no trace of smoke when accelerating hard and the car still pulls pretty good.
When the oil consumption started suddenly in May/June I said that if I have to open up the engine even only for replacing some valve seals, I will rebuild it completely. This is going to be a costly word keeping.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #882

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 62
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I posted a while back. Two of my cylinders were around 180. 3 was at 155 and 4 was slightly higher. Additionally, 3 leaked over 30% on leakdown. Engine ran ok but smoked real bad. It appears that the smoke was caused by the cylinder and the turbo. I've built the motor and get very little smoke, however, the turbo smokes here and there just not as bad as before. Also, I can smell burning oil out of the exhaust. I've pulled the turbo yesterday and it did in fact leak. I am replacing the CHRA with a rotomaster part and will report results. I haven't seen anyone use that CHRA yet.

However, when I've pulled the old motor apart the rings looked fine. I think I could have probably gotten a little more out of it.
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, DogBone Mounts, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #883

dinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the worlddinoxor is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

2008.5 with 72K miles
I think the only mod is an ebay test pipe from the previous owner

CS SRI+TIP • AT HPFP • TP
dinoxor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #884

HawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 23 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2010 MS3
54k miles
Running beaner for about 4k miles, always @rfinkle2; tuned.

190 across the board. Dry.

Sent while granny shiftin' and not double clutching like I should
BackRoads and rfinkle2 like this.
HawkeyeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HawkeyeGeoff For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (11-06-2014)
 Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #885

BackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
2010 MS3
54k miles
Running beaner for about 4k miles, always @rfinkle2; tuned.

190 across the board. Dry.

What kind of power are you making these days? Any E85 or meth?
2007 Sunlight Silver MazdaSpeed3 Sport | BNR S3v2 | Autotech Internals | Cobb TIH | 3BAR MAP Sensor | Denso itv-22's | MSCAI | ETS 3.5" TMIC | Synchronic DV | Stratified EBCS | Guardian Angel | UR Test Pipe | Cobb AP | Koni Yellows | JBR RMM | CORN YEAH! | 246,000m | Tuned by STRATIFIED!!!
To install: CPE SafeSeals
2012 Velocity Red MazdaSpeed3 w/Tech | Sure Aeros V2 | 80,000m
BackRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #886

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

tried to do a comp test, tester from vatozone was shit and broken. regardless pulled the plugs and they look healthy at least. 81k miles, gtx2867r went in at 50k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (20).JPG (109.9 KB, 36 views)
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (11-06-2014)
 Old 11-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #887

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
177/125/109/155. Tested today. No leak down. There's still absolutely no trace of smoke when accelerating hard and the car still pulls pretty good.
When the oil consumption started suddenly in May/June I said that if I have to open up the engine even only for replacing some valve seals, I will rebuild it completely. This is going to be a costly word keeping.
This is how my spark plugs were looking like. All the same, no signs of oil fooling, just the electrode a bit melted and the gap to about 0.8mm instead of 0.65mm (.65mm=0.026").

Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #888

HawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BackRoads View Post
What kind of power are you making these days? Any E85 or meth?
About 340 on pump, 370 or so on a 4 gallon mix.

I am still planning on doing meth once the spring comes!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #889

BackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

About 340 on pump, 370 or so on a 4 gallon mix.

I am still planning on doing meth once the spring comes!

Sweet! You're about 10whp ahead of me on both counts. Interested to hear how your meth project turns out.
2007 Sunlight Silver MazdaSpeed3 Sport | BNR S3v2 | Autotech Internals | Cobb TIH | 3BAR MAP Sensor | Denso itv-22's | MSCAI | ETS 3.5" TMIC | Synchronic DV | Stratified EBCS | Guardian Angel | UR Test Pipe | Cobb AP | Koni Yellows | JBR RMM | CORN YEAH! | 246,000m | Tuned by STRATIFIED!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BackRoads For This Useful Post:
HawkeyeGeoff (11-06-2014)
 Old 11-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #890

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet! You're about 10whp ahead of me on both counts. Interested to hear how your meth project turns out.
Ha! All relative man

And I will for sure. @maisonvi; and myself are going to try a meth throttle body spacer and see how it turns out...it's just such an easy option.
The Following User Says Thank You to HawkeyeGeoff For This Useful Post:
BackRoads (11-06-2014)
 Old 11-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #891

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ha! All relative man

And I will for sure. @maisonvi; and myself are going to try a meth throttle body spacer and see how it turns out...it's just such an easy option.

My next mod is my clutch. I guess 154,000 miles was all the abuse she could take. Still trying to finalize my tune with Lex, but the clutch can't handle WOT in 4th anymore.
 Old 11-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #892

Not Ranked  0 score     

My next mod is my clutch. I guess 154,000 miles was all the abuse she could take. Still trying to finalize my tune with Lex, but the clutch can't handle WOT in 4th anymore.
Oh man that's a hell of a life for a clutch on a high performance car!

GL man, make sure to post up how it all goes!
 Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #893

Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh man that's a hell of a life for a clutch on a high performance car!

GL man, make sure to post up how it all goes!

Fer sher!!
 Old 11-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #894

JayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to beholdJayBeeL is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did a compression test at the dealership yesterday as I had other things to do,

results all accross the board was 205.

He suspects the engine needs a good cleaning but it's in good shape.

2010 with 74 000 miles
JayBeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #895

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JayBeeL View Post
I did a compression test at the dealership yesterday as I had other things to do,

results all accross the board was 205.

He suspects the engine needs a good cleaning but it's in good shape.

2010 with 74 000 miles

That's way too high. You need to take that car out and drive it hard RIGHT NOW! It's like blood pressure - your car needs more exertion!
The Following User Says Thank You to BackRoads For This Useful Post:
HawkeyeGeoff (11-08-2014)
 Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #896

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just tested 180's across the board. 100k on the clock. Self tuned since about 50k. 3071 has only been on for about 2k.
HawkeyeGeoff likes this.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #897

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,247 Times in 818 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did a quick compression test last night after I noticed the clamp on my turbo inlet had lost the tightening nut. The turbo had some dirt on one of the corners from a big air leak .

Luckily no damage done to the turbo or the motor, compression still sitting at a perfect 180 across the board @53600 miles.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #898

djones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond reputedjones128 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

My compression was 180-180-180-zero.

138,XXX on motor. stage 1 93 ots for 20K. Burnt valve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141111_131926769.jpg (3.36 MB, 104 views)
djones128 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djones128 For This Useful Post:
aviator79 (06-09-2015), Ferdball (06-14-2015)
 Old 11-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #899
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,379 Times in 7,868 Posts
Groans: 792
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a good one.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #900

mrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what caused it?
mrQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #901

Not Ranked  0 score     

too much boost and too low timing.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 12-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #902

meicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Not Ranked  0 score     

back in may, after I hydrolocked, I got these numbers with HF gauge
160/165/140/160 dry
175/170/150/165 wet

wood dowel and sharp pencil showed no badly bent rod
no vibes in clutch
been driven relatively easy for 3K since then

I have some fresh plugs on the way, I plan to use my caliper to get more exact with the rod check, and redo comp test and do the leakdown thing.

might be I popped ringlands?
 Old 12-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #903
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do a leak down.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #904

meicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Do a leak down.
buying the HF tester today
dry, and warm for the test?
 Old 12-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #905
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dry for sure.
I would give it about 20 minutes after shut down.
I usually let it sit for ten, and then start tearing it down.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 12-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #906

Not Ranked  0 score     

done,

well done friday, after the plugs show up
 Old 04-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #907

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,247 Times in 818 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had a bit of time this weekend so I did some boost leak testing and a compression test. Car has 57300 and was completely cold.

1-180
2-180
3-179
4-179

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [R]usty For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (04-27-2015), Justin@Freektune (04-30-2015)
 Old 04-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #908

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i did a comp test in utah (roughly 4500ft asl) at 90,000 miles

every cylinder was 162. ill take it
The Following User Says Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
Justin@Freektune (04-30-2015)
 Old 05-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #909

Cevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Two months ago I did a compression test with a autozone gauge... I got 165 in all 4 Cylinders, 14K on a new engine, Needless to say I was dissapointed, but hey at least numbers were consistent, so finally today i got a brand new gauge and decided to try this again... really happy with the new results, Numbers are DRY on a somewhat warm engine, didn't do a wet test
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150508_214220.jpg (2.69 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20150508_214355.jpg (2.37 MB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20150508_214516.jpg (2.64 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20150508_214649.jpg (2.74 MB, 35 views)
dale_gribble (05-08-2015)
 Old 05-16-2015, 08:41 PM   #910

myspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I did mine after I experience a cylinder 2 misfire. Did compression test and it said fuck off. 150,30,150,150 tested warm .
myspeed90 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #911

FreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the roughFreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the roughFreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did the test on Sunday. Been wanting to do it for future references. Have almost 90k miles on the slow thing. Did the test about 10 minutes after I parked, drove around for about 20 minutes before. I want to believe the numbers but not sure, I might get another tester and see what it reads. Should I maybe consider a cold test? Only got to page 13, going to read rest later.

Top left: passenger
Top right: passenger middle
Bottom left: driver middle
Bottom right: driver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1099.JPG (1.51 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 1100.JPG (1.48 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1101.JPG (1.53 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 1102.JPG (1.26 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1103.JPG (1.16 MB, 22 views)

08.5 Crystal White Pearl MS3
Rotors StopTech Drilled and Slotted / Pads EBC Reds / ISC coilovers
Cobb AP / Cobb SRI / Cobb TIH / Cobb FMIC / Corksport Downpipe / HPFP Internals / Forge BPV V3
FreshAsWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #912

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FreshAsWoodie View Post
Did the test on Sunday. Been wanting to do it for future references. Have almost 90k miles on the slow thing. Did the test about 10 minutes after I parked, drove around for about 20 minutes before. I want to believe the numbers but not sure, I might get another tester and see what it reads. Should I maybe consider a cold test? Only got to page 13, going to read rest later.

Top left: passenger
Top right: passenger middle
Bottom left: driver middle
Bottom right: driver

You're golden.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BackRoads For This Useful Post:
FreshAsWoodie (06-09-2015), MD1032 (06-11-2015)
 Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #913

FreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the roughFreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the roughFreshAsWoodie is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I hope so haha. Kind of a dead thread too. But I still wanted to post my info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08.5 Crystal White Pearl MS3
Rotors StopTech Drilled and Slotted / Pads EBC Reds / ISC coilovers
Cobb AP / Cobb SRI / Cobb TIH / Cobb FMIC / Corksport Downpipe / HPFP Internals / Forge BPV V3
FreshAsWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #914

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FreshAsWoodie View Post
Yeah I hope so haha. Kind of a dead thread too. But I still wanted to post my info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this thread is never dead. it just slowly accumulates info
 Old 06-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #915

myspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default MY 30PSI CYLINDER 2

Well I've gotten the block and head back from the machine shop now I'm just waiting on my bearings to come in the mail then i'll begin the assembly process. I never got around to showing the problem with cylinder 2 but the picture below will explain all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PISTON.jpg (290.2 KB, 49 views)
88mm Wiseco pistons_Manley H- beam rods_CPE Injector seals_Clevite Bearings_Autotech Internals_HKS SSQV_Cobb SRI/TIP_COBB V3_JBR 88 duro pmm_JBR rmm_Turbine Tech FMM_CxRacing FMIC_TurboXs Catless DP/TP_South Bend Stage 3 DD_That Corn Shit_FREEKTUNE!
myspeed90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myspeed90 For This Useful Post:
MD1032 (06-11-2015)
 Old 06-10-2015, 11:59 PM   #916

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah... same cylinders (2, 3 or both), same spot (the end towards the exhaust valves).
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 06-11-2015, 03:14 AM   #917

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cyl one 195
cyl two 198
cyl three 195
cyl four 200

Test was last month at 96,000 mi. Used Craftsman tester. This was prior to installing FMIC and going from stage 2 to stage 3 cobb OTS map. See sig for other mods. Live in Florida. Drive it like I stole it almost every day, but always take it easy on warm up and cool down. Change oil every 5K mi, always synthetic, 5w-40 Rotella T as of late.

I was absolutely thrilled! Especially since I'd like to get at least another 100K mi and/or five more glorious years out of this wonderful car.
Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.
GregScuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GregScuba For This Useful Post:
BackRoads (06-11-2015)
 Old 06-11-2015, 03:17 AM   #918

Hammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the worldHammology is the leader of the world
Groans: 36
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you wanna keep that compression the way it is, I suggest you get a real tune.

Built motor
GTX3071
Meth
6th Port

Hammology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hammology For This Useful Post:
GregScuba (06-11-2015)
 Old 06-11-2015, 04:26 AM   #919

GregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the worldGregScuba is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Hammology View Post
If you wanna keep that compression the way it is, I suggest you get a real tune.
That is the next thing I plan on doing. Don't want to take any chances. Plan on going with Stratified @Lex;. Def won't do any track days or anything too crazy until then. Been trying to keep the revs below ~5K in the mean time.

Edit: Just wonder if I should clean the intake valves before getting a tune? Perhaps @Lex; can chime in? 100K miles, and never cleaned the valves. Already have an air compressor, just would need the walnut media and the blaster tool.
Cobb AP v3, tuning by Stratified Automotive Controls, Autotech HPFP internals, one step colder NGK Iridium plugs, Cobb DP, Magnaflow 3" CBE, Corksport SRI/TIP, Corksport Race RMM 80A, Synapse Synchronic DV in push mode A+B, Treadstone TR6 FMIC, JBR FMIC piping kit, JBR Silicone recirc hose, JBR rear sway bar, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Stoptech SS brake lines and brake pads, 17x9" et+45mm Enkei Racing RPF1's, 245/40/17 Hankook RS3's, JBR 5mm hub/wheel spacers in front.

Last edited by GregScuba; 06-11-2015 at 04:42 AM.
GregScuba is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2015, 07:54 AM   #920

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GregScuba View Post
That is the next thing I plan on doing. Don't want to take any chances. Plan on going with Stratified @Lex;. Def won't do any track days or anything too crazy until then. Been trying to keep the revs below ~5K in the mean time.

Edit: Just wonder if I should clean the intake valves before getting a tune? Perhaps @Lex; can chime in? 100K miles, and never cleaned the valves. Already have an air compressor, just would need the walnut media and the blaster tool.
if you are able to do it then you should. mine at 50k were pretty horrible

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 05:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 09:06 AM