register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree36Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #81

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,862 Times in 739 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 28 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
cpolly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #82

shpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So if I'm understanding you guys right, I should be smoking pretty bad? I mean, if my rings are so worn or whatever that I can only produce 130 psi in each cylinder, would that mean a lot of oil blowby and therefore smoking?

Which if that's the case, then I'm really stumped as I have VERY minimal smoking only at idle and it's actually pretty hard to see. Most times I can't see it, but can smell it some. The thing is though, even that smoke didn't start until I installed the OCC just recently. Other than that I have never smoked and even with that, it's so light you can't really see it most of the time.

Also if I'm understanding you right, I should be consuming oil? That is something I can say definitively that doesn't happen. I do not use a single drop of oil! I also use very high quality synthetics. Currently have a fill of Redline 10w40 synthetic in it.

Knowing all of this, anyone have any ideas what might be causing me the super low 130psi [150 wet] compression on all cylinders?
 Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #83

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,441 Times in 2,588 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just am still surprised as to why my cylinder 3 was the highest compression- if I labeled cylinders 1/4 the way other way around, then 3 would be my lowest... just double checking.
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #84
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,335 Times in 6,952 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

shpankey, yours is a very odd case. Do you have a catless exhaust? Do you have oil residue in the valvacover vent going to your intake?
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #85

shpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did put a test pipe in, which removed one cat. But that's as far as I've changed the exhaust. No other changes to it other than that.

I'll check again but I haven't noticed any oil there Lex.
 Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #86
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have an 08.5 and I've had a test pipe for .... well ever ... and it has never smoked with 16k miles on the clock now.

Also never had any oil in the intake but the motor's still young. Only bolt-on I don't have is the DP and I plan on keeping it that way on the stock turbo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-13-2010)
 Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #87

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

meh get a catted full dp - you will be ok - i went 2 times around and have this now - i'm happy with it and no smoke.... and that's still on the same turbo that was smoking before from the extreme pcv imbalance

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
 Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #88

Not Ranked  0 score     

My car doesn't always smoke and when it does it's barely. I have to bend down to the pipe and get real close to tell if it even is. But I can smell it sometimes when in the garage. But it didn't even start smoking like that until I put on the OCC. I've had the test pipe on since the beginning and it never caused any smoke issues.

p.s. I meant to mention this earlier. But my oil dipstick smells like gas BAD BAD. Like I'm sniffing straight fuel. I just put this oil in last weekend. Redline 10w40. Should it smell like fuel this bad already? Maybe this has something to do with my cars issues.

Last edited by shpankey; 04-13-2010 at 01:10 PM.
shpankey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #89

Not Ranked  0 score     

unfortunately you are describing compression leaking from the combustion chamber into the other areas of the engine that hold oil - when compression gases are getting mixed in with the oil the oil will change colors very quickly after a change & can smell like gas..
what strikes me as odd about your situation is the way that you have low numbers across the board - usually when it's fail it's just 1 that is much lower then the rest.... that's usually what happens when you have a head gasket leak...

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
 Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #90
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my post from 12/19/09
car at the time had 22k fully bolted, meth and stock ecu

Originally Posted by jwdp54 View Post
i got mine checked on sat. not sure what to think about the results..

1-145
2-145
3-140
4-145
i had mine done again today

car now has 27k, have been stock since 23k

145 145 140 145

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #91

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you have them do a wet test too?
 Old 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #92
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

all i did was warm up the car then pulled the plugs and came up with the same numbers from 4 months ago. not sure what you mean by wet test.

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #93

Not Ranked  0 score     

After you do your test like you did normally. Add a teaspoon of some 30 weight oil into the plug hole and restest. If you are having leakdown issues, your number will go up a fair amount (for instance my normal test was 130, when I added the oil it was 150, which indicates a real problem).
 Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #94

turboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Re: DISI Compression Results

just did mine and it was 185 for all 4.... and thats with 21k hard miles.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
turboneil is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #95
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,006 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what kind of compression loss should one see from a leaking injector seal? just how much is missing?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #96
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
what kind of compression loss should one see from a leaking injector seal? just how much is missing?
Probably not much. Combustion pressure is MUCH higher than just compression. If the seal was leaking under just compression, you'd hear/feel it all the time with the motor on. Did you ever get around to testing your motor?
 Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #97
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,006 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Probably not much. Combustion pressure is MUCH higher than just compression. If the seal was leaking under just compression, you'd hear/feel it all the time with the motor on. Did you ever get around to testing your motor?
right before i went BT i tested 180's across the board. i thought my friends injector seals were done but his compression was low on all cylinders so i wasent sure exactly how that would be affected by injector seals. doesent the piston rise up above the injector or no?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #98
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nope, piston is always below the injector.
 Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #99
aspiring turbo guru

08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

did a compression test tonight;

2008.5 mazdaspeed3, 35,000 miles (literally)

cylinder pressures:

(pass side)
cyl 1 - 182psi
cyl 2 - 177psi
cyl 3 - 175psi
cyl 4 - 178psi
(driver side)

b/c i was doing the test alone, i'm actually pretty sure all of the pressures were around 180-185. the reading was declining before i even got from the inside of the car to the engine.
[sold - 90 Miata - summer/project car, turbo w/ goodies, DIYPNP, springs/struts, etc.]
[sold - 08 MS3 GT - intake/downpipe/tuning/fuel pump/TMIC/springs/struts/etc.]

Last edited by 08_ms3_gt; 04-17-2010 at 10:08 PM.
08_ms3_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 08_ms3_gt For This Useful Post:
FreeFlyFreak (04-18-2010), Lex (04-17-2010)
 Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #100

Qwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
Pull all plugs... connect gauge to one cylinder. turn car on. push ghes and clutch all the way in...crank until the gauge is not rising anymore. you can have a friend check it or set it so you can see it from inside the car, then read the number, release the pressure in the gauge to reset it...and repeat.

My battery sucks so I hooked up jumper cables to another run that was idling while I did it. Or hook up a battery charger or something.
Thanks. trying this tomorrow

2006 MAZDASPEED6

FREEKTUNED @ 20PSI // COBB AP V3 // CPE TMIC // COBB SF // PG TIH // DENSO ITV22s // AUTOTECH INTERNALS // SURE TP // MAGNAFLOW CATBACK // JBR OCC // JBR IM SPACER // JBR PASSENGER & TRANNY MOUNT // SURE RMM // H&R SPRINGS // XXR 530 18X8.75 +35 // CAR LED TAILS // CPE REAR DIF MOUNT // TURBINE TECH FRONT DIF MOUNT // CPE TOW HOOK // 35% TINT // 3M DINOC WRAPPED ROOF // AUTOEXE CARBON FIBER BADGELESS GRILL
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Qwik6 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-18-2010)
 Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #101
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 08_ms3_gt View Post
did a compression test tonight:

pass side
cyl 1 - 182psi
cyl 2 - 177psi
cyl 3 - 175psi
cyl 4 - 178psi
driver side

b/c i was doing the test alone, i'm actually pretty sure all of the pressures were around 180-185. the reading was declining before i even got from the inside of the car to the engine.
Post year of car and miles as well.
 Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #102
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,284 Times in 1,251 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Post year of car.
Apparently Lex's detective skillz are not as sharp as I may have thought.......
Let me give a clue:

08_ms3_gt

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
FreeFlyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #103
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FreeFlyFail View Post
Apparently Lex's detective skillz are not as sharp as I may have thought.......
Let me give a clue:

08_ms3_gt
Still no mileage and could be an 08.5 Mr. FreeFly

This was also a general comment as I think there's value in knowing the age of the motor when looking at compression.
FreeFlyFreak (04-18-2010)
 Old 04-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #104
aspiring turbo guru

08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for noting that - i've updated it. see above.
[sold - 90 Miata - summer/project car, turbo w/ goodies, DIYPNP, springs/struts, etc.]
[sold - 08 MS3 GT - intake/downpipe/tuning/fuel pump/TMIC/springs/struts/etc.]
08_ms3_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 08_ms3_gt For This Useful Post:
FreeFlyFreak (04-18-2010), Lex (04-17-2010)
 Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #105

DaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,496 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for the OT, but what is this COBB fix for the PCV? Are you talking about installing an OCC? Or did Cobb come up with something else?
Gay car #1: 2001 Miata (Gay White)

Gay car #2: 2011 Mazda 2 (Gay Blue)
DaleNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #106

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,183 Times in 2,324 Posts
Groans: 326
Groaned at 53 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mikey95hd View Post
That's not good...zoom-zoom boom...
go away, he was sarcastic and is pushing almost 400 on the stock bottom end

8.5MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #107
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You really have no idea what you're talking about. So just do everyone a favor and move on or stop posting before you do some reading.

I'll give you a hint. In DI applications, the gas does not come into contact with the back of the valves where the "deposits" form as is the case with your 1997 T-bird. If you hate this car so much, go back to driving your T-bird because right now you're really starting things on the wrong foot.

Try running Chevron gas, it has a cleaner techtron that will help get rid of deposits on the valves, my old 97 T-Bird, passes smog with 130,000 miles, don't run ARCO gas, that stuff is crap, and COSTCO gas is good too, love that sweet crude...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
8.5MS3 (04-21-2010), djuosnteisn (04-21-2010), FreeFlyFreak (04-21-2010)
 Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #108

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^wow^^
 Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #109
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you can't figure it out do some reading. It's one of the most documented issues here. Now GTFO of my thread.

Just seems the gas you use cause deposits, I love my MS3 just can't figure out why my 2007 smoked for 6,000 mile before they finally replaced my TURBO, isn't this a known problem on the first model year? A friend had his replaced at 18,000 miles, and now has 68,000 with a cam problem, he and a few others work for Lexus.
djuosnteisn (04-21-2010)
 Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #110
Doc

Doc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the world
Groans: 35
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

go and have a read mate, and stop cluttering up this thread........
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #111

Not Ranked  0 score     

sigh, go read some fuckin threads and stop clogging up good ones.

POWERTRAIN is 5yrs/60k

you cant clean the back of the valves with fuel injector cleaner if theres no fuel in the air when it goes past. please stop bitching and go do some reading.
 Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #112
Doc

Doc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the worldDoc is the leader of the world
Groans: 35
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thread cleaned up...
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-21-2010), Lex (04-21-2010)
 Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #113
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,914 Times in 7,769 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com

Last edited by djuosnteisn; 04-21-2010 at 08:56 AM.
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #114

JumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How big of an effect would popped injector seals have on a compression test / leak down test?
JumpingJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #115

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,441 Times in 2,588 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

probably not much since mine only leaked at 15psi or above... it depends on bad the leak is i guess, but unless its a huge leak, its probably not enough pressure to affect results.
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #116
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JumpingJackson View Post
How big of an effect would popped injector seals have on a compression test / leak down test?
If they leak under dry compression they will definitely give you issues while driving.
 Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #117

Qwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got around to testing mine this morning when I changed spark plugs.

2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Close to sea level. 30 feet I believe.

72,000 miles

19psi daily driver. Damn near fully bolted. Synthetic oil since 32k miles.

Cyl 1 - 192psi
Cyl 2 - 192psi
Cyl 3 - 192psi
Cyl 4 - 192psi

All were 192psi dead on. Engine was heated up. Actually drove the car 10 miles before I came home to pull it apart.

2006 MAZDASPEED6

FREEKTUNED @ 20PSI // COBB AP V3 // CPE TMIC // COBB SF // PG TIH // DENSO ITV22s // AUTOTECH INTERNALS // SURE TP // MAGNAFLOW CATBACK // JBR OCC // JBR IM SPACER // JBR PASSENGER & TRANNY MOUNT // SURE RMM // H&R SPRINGS // XXR 530 18X8.75 +35 // CAR LED TAILS // CPE REAR DIF MOUNT // TURBINE TECH FRONT DIF MOUNT // CPE TOW HOOK // 35% TINT // 3M DINOC WRAPPED ROOF // AUTOEXE CARBON FIBER BADGELESS GRILL
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qwik6 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-29-2010), Lex (04-29-2010)
 Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #118

Not Ranked  0 score     

wow. lucky dogs!!
 Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #119
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great compression for the mileage. Must take care of it well!

Originally Posted by Qwik6 View Post
Got around to testing mine this morning when I changed spark plugs.

2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Close to sea level. 30 feet I believe.

72,000 miles

19psi daily driver. Damn near fully bolted. Synthetic oil since 32k miles.

Cyl 1 - 192psi
Cyl 2 - 192psi
Cyl 3 - 192psi
Cyl 4 - 192psi

All were 192psi dead on. Engine was heated up. Actually drove the car 10 miles before I came home to pull it apart.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-29-2010), Qwik6 (04-29-2010)
 Old 04-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #120

Jarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 26 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

11k built engine. Minor boltons for another week. 440 ASL. Engine was warm.
Jarods7920 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jarods7920 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (04-29-2010)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 04:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 08:06 AM