register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree36Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #241

Blackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the worldBlackrider is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just did mine at 88,000KM and there is less than a 5 PSI difference between cylinders. I did it coldish, so my numbers were a bit lower but I was more concerned about the variance.
Tuning - Auto Tech Internals, Cobb Accessport, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
Suspention - Koni FSD's, RX-8 Rims, Potenza RE - 11's 235 / 40 / 18's
Drivetrain - J-Speed Shifter Plate, Sure Anchors, SU RMM
Random - Pontiac G8 Horns

2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD, the family car...
Blackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackrider For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (08-30-2011), Lex (08-31-2011)
 Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #242
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,006 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just did mine again at ~60k miles and i had 170's across the board.

20k of which were BT
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Dano (08-23-2011), djuosnteisn (08-30-2011), Lex (08-31-2011), Tokay444 (08-23-2011)
 Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #243
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,245 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn...do I have to re-do mine again?

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #244

Sneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did mine today (warm).

2008 MS3
108,000 mi (stock for first 60k, then stage 2)

(Passenger)

750 ASL - 75*, sunny.

Really surprised.
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sneak For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (08-30-2011), frivolous_rob (09-14-2011), laxplayermjd (09-04-2011), Lex (08-31-2011), MPSdriver (10-05-2011), Nliiitend1 (08-30-2011)
 Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #245

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,081 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did a compression test on a fellow Gen 1 Speed owner in Toronto.

The car has 56,000KMs on it with the majority of it being highway. Odd that cylinder 1 is showing signs of wear so quickly.
 Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #246

thomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did a compression test last week, all cylinders are sitting at about 175! lol
The Money Pit: 2011 MS3 - Mica Black - Tech Package - Cobb SRI, TIH, AP, Hella horns, CP-E Stage II RMM, JBR OCC, SSB, ATP Catless DP, UR catback exhaust, Autotech HPFP Internals, Turbo Smart Kompact bpv, Sure Shortcut, DIY clutch travel mod, DMM tuning HID 4300K fogs, & Freek tuned!

2010 FZ1, ZG double bubble, Yoshi carbon slip on exhaust, Pro Grips super bike grips & tank pad, fender eliminator, OES Frame/swing arm sliders, BMC Race Filter, Ram Mount, R6 throttle tube mod, heated grip inserts, PCIII with Duken map.

zoom zoom bitches...
thomas_cory2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #247

dkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond reputedkapetansky has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did a compression test last week, all cylinders are sitting at about 190! lol (This '07 MS3 has 30k miles on it.)
dkapetansky is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #248

thomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Johnny Carruthers View Post

2008 MS3

(Passenger)

750 ASL - 75*, sunny.

Really surprised.
SERIOUS QUESTION,

I have an 07 MS3 74k miles on it, cars in mint cond, but was giving some very serious consideration on trading it in or seeling it for anther 1 with lower miles, since ur well over 100k have u noticed anything start 2 fall apart &/or what al have u replaced that has worn out since new?????

Originally Posted by dkapetansky View Post
Just did a compression test last week, all cylinders are sitting at about 190! lol (This '07 MS3 has 30k miles on it.)
Arent u getting rid of your car lol
Sneak likes this.
The Money Pit: 2011 MS3 - Mica Black - Tech Package - Cobb SRI, TIH, AP, Hella horns, CP-E Stage II RMM, JBR OCC, SSB, ATP Catless DP, UR catback exhaust, Autotech HPFP Internals, Turbo Smart Kompact bpv, Sure Shortcut, DIY clutch travel mod, DMM tuning HID 4300K fogs, & Freek tuned!

2010 FZ1, ZG double bubble, Yoshi carbon slip on exhaust, Pro Grips super bike grips & tank pad, fender eliminator, OES Frame/swing arm sliders, BMC Race Filter, Ram Mount, R6 throttle tube mod, heated grip inserts, PCIII with Duken map.

zoom zoom bitches...

Last edited by thomas_cory2000; 09-14-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 09-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #249

frivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,340 Times in 743 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 44 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2008 MS3

(Passenger)

750 ASL - 75*, sunny.

Really surprised.
You give me hope good sir!
Mine was stock till 60k and then I went to town. Now big turbo at 71k and car is loving every bit of it. Glad your numbers are good =]
Sneak (09-15-2011)
 Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #250

Sneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond reputeSneak has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

@thomas_cory2000 - I know this isn't the thread for this...I was also considering dumping mine because of miles. It's my DD so I haven't really beat the hell out of it, but it's fun to surprise the dick driving the S4 every now and then. (I keep it as stock looking as possible). I just bought a used 3076 turbo and am putting it on in the next few weeks. I'm seeing mostly salt corrosion on bolts and stuff. This doesn't include mods or related repairs.

44k - tensioner pulley
45k - rear shocks
60k - Mazda replaced the wiring harness (driver air bag light came on for the 4th time)
80k - brakes
93k - replaced driver CV boot 2x in a week, caused me to replace FSB endlinks (shitty mechanic the first time, I did it myself the 2nd)
109k - timing chain's really loose and I'm waiting for the parts to come in (DCR VVT actuator, timing chain, tensioner, etc).

Not too bad though.

Originally Posted by letsfightrobbb View Post
You give me hope good sir!
Mine was stock till 60k and then I went to town. Now big turbo at 71k and car is loving every bit of it. Glad your numbers are good =]
Thanks man - I figured I should do it after some trolling. I'm definitely not the most experienced here, so I research a lot before posting. I've gotta ditch my K04 before I hit 110k...too bad my wife doesn't know enough to give me shit over it.

Last edited by Sneak; 09-14-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #251

frivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ youll love driving with big turbo. no more boosting around town uncontrollably. Car feels way more solid.
Sneak (09-15-2011)
 Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #252

Not Ranked  0 score     

@thomas_cory2000 - I know this isn't the thread for this...I was also considering dumping mine because of miles. It's my DD so I haven't really beat the hell out of it, but it's fun to surprise the dick driving the S4 every now and then. (I keep it as stock looking as possible). I just bought a used 3076 turbo and am putting it on in the next few weeks. I'm seeing mostly salt corrosion on bolts and stuff. This doesn't include mods or related repairs.

44k - tensioner pulley
45k - rear shocks
60k - Mazda replaced the wiring harness (driver air bag light came on for the 4th time)
80k - brakes
93k - replaced driver CV boot 2x in a week, caused me to replace FSB endlinks (shitty mechanic the first time, I did it myself the 2nd)
109k - timing chain's really loose and I'm waiting for the parts to come in (DCR VVT actuator, timing chain, tensioner, etc).

Not too bad though.

Thanks man - I figured I should do it after some trolling. I'm definitely not the most experienced here, so I research a lot before posting. I've gotta ditch my K04 before I hit 110k...too bad my wife doesn't know enough to give me shit over it.
Ive replaced my brakes and pads all the way around and the tires, I alo have to go to the dealer friday to get (DCR VVT actuator, timing chain, tensioner, etc). <--- replaced as well $850-900

zoom zoom bitches...
 Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #253

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thomas_cory2000 View Post
Ive replaced my brakes and pads all the way around and the tires, I alo have to go to the dealer friday to get (DCR VVT actuator, timing chain, tensioner, etc). <--- replaced as well $850-900
That's why I'm doing it myself. Just need the timing tools. Total upgraded parts will be $450 and a day or 2 labor. And I'll get to know my car a little better. If I fail, then I'll take it to Mazda.
 Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #254

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Now that I know why my engine went sour, here's the info.

150-160 (due to a cracked ringland)

Car has around 85,000KMs and has been raced in autocross and time attack over the last 3 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (01-18-2012)
 Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #255
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn that sucks. Time for a build? Or get a 2012 Focus ST. Lol

Tappin

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
The Following User Says Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (09-15-2011)
 Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #256

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Damn that sucks. Time for a build? Or get a 2012 Focus ST. Lol

Tappin
Time To Go Forged
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
Dano (09-15-2011)
 Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #257

Not Ranked  0 score     

150,150,150,151. 07 ms3 72k miles. 3076r for 1k miles. 4000ft elevation. At least its consistent
 Old 11-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #258
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,014 Times in 2,280 Posts
Groaned at 33 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2009 MS3
40K miles - spraying meth for about 20K
Ambient Temp about 68 deg.
Sealevel

Hey Lex,
What do you say about the marks on the piston crowns. Are those from the Injectors spraying? I am assuming this is normal for DI engines. Looks a little as if there was brass on the crowns. The blots are sort of golden looking. Spark Plugs look perfect.

Boroscope pics:

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Cataphract_40 (01-18-2012), Dano (11-05-2011), djuosnteisn (11-07-2011), evidence (11-05-2011), IshiKage (01-18-2012), Lex (01-16-2012)
 Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #259

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just ran a compression test this weekend as I was changing out my sparkplugs for Denso ITV-22's.

Looks all good to me!
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (11-07-2011)
 Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #260
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
did this a few weeks ago when I thought I heard a knock at idle but it turned out to be nothing.

Cold motor-none of the suggestions used like cluth and accl pedal depressed. Just cranked her over with injector fuze pulled until PSI hit max...took about 4 compression strokes.

28K miles

1=175
2=174
3=175
4=175

Edit: 400 ASL
updated numbers at 50K. Car was very warm to hot for this test so I guess that's why I got some 180's

1=180
2=175
3=180
4=178

The Following User Says Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (12-28-2011)
 Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #261

xtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 98
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Car bought stock @ 23,400 miles, All basic bolt on except downpipe till 36k miles.

30k-36k miles tuned @ 20 psi

Passenger side to driver side ->
1.) 184
2.) 182
3.) 182
4.) 182

test done twice.. same result.
Mazdaspeed6 #10018 TiGrey
Forged Internals, PTE5858.
2015' Freektuned on 93Octane 322/337 (stock top mount and BPV)
2016' Freektuned on e85/93 480/444 (maxed out 3bar map sensor)
Mazda CX-5 AWD Daily
xtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #262
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,373 Times in 7,867 Posts
Groans: 792
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice!

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #263
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,335 Times in 6,952 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
2009 MS3
40K miles - spraying meth for about 20K
Ambient Temp about 68 deg.
Sealevel

Hey Lex,
What do you say about the marks on the piston crowns. Are those from the Injectors spraying? I am assuming this is normal for DI engines. Looks a little as if there was brass on the crowns. The blots are sort of golden looking. Spark Plugs look perfect.

Boroscope pics:

I'm so late to this party but the spray pattern from teh injector just cleans the carbon from the crowns so you're seeing that triangular shape - in the first pic especially. Any shiny stuff is generally not so hot - it can be pitting from detonation or just an unclear image. The crowns are very clean however.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (01-18-2012), Tomas (01-16-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #264
Master of Hard Parts

Evan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,236 Times in 198 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like most everyone has been having some really nice readings. Unfortuneately, that trend does not apply to me.

Test 1 @ 30,000 miles:

Cylinder 1 - 160
Cylinder 2 - 167
Cylinder 3 - 187
Cylinder 4 - 200

Test 2 @ 33,000 miles

Cylinder 1 - 159 w/ 21% leakage
Cylinder 2 - 162 w/ 28% leakage
Cylinder 3 - 175 w/ 13% leakage
Cylinder 4 - 191 w/ 3% leakage

Air is coming through dipstick.

Been trying to figure out which direction I'd like to go with a rebuild.

Hard Parts Engineer - Mazda Expert Group
2009 MS3 Sport - Built Motor//Twinscroll 35R//Everything Else - SOLD!
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 - Current Daily Until Next Turbo Car
Evan@COBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evan@COBB For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012), rfinkle2 (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #265
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Evan@COBB View Post
Looks like most everyone has been having some really nice readings. Unfortuneately, that trend does not apply to me.

Test 1 @ 30,000 miles:

Cylinder 1 - 160
Cylinder 2 - 167
Cylinder 3 - 187
Cylinder 4 - 200

Test 2 @ 33,000 miles

Cylinder 1 - 159 w/ 21% leakage
Cylinder 2 - 162 w/ 28% leakage
Cylinder 3 - 175 w/ 13% leakage
Cylinder 4 - 191 w/ 3% leakage

Air is coming through dipstick.

Been trying to figure out which direction I'd like to go with a rebuild.
Look into mazda's new high pressure valve flush.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #266
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,914 Times in 7,769 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Is this some cleaning technique?

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #267
Master of Hard Parts

Evan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I've never heard of this.

However, I cleaned my intake valves last weekend (for the second time)

The Following User Says Thank You to Evan@COBB For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #268
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

It is.
It's crazy how well it works.
I've seen it cure a 20% leak down and restore factory compression accross the board.

It's proprietary for the disi I believe.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals

Last edited by Tokay444; 01-18-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (01-18-2012), Cataphract_40 (01-18-2012), Dano (01-18-2012), djuosnteisn (01-18-2012), rfinkle2 (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #269
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It is.
It's crazy how well it works.
I've seen it cure a 20% leak down and restore factory compression accross the board.

It's proprietary for the disi I believe.
If he's leaking through into the crankcase - ie it's leaking past the rings, flushing the valves won't help with anything.

Yeah, I've never heard of this.

However, I cleaned my intake valves last weekend (for the second time)
@Evan@COBB
Evan, what are your vacuum readings at warm idle with A/C turned off?

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.

Last edited by Lex; 01-18-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
BlueStreak (01-18-2012), djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #270
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

I know what you're saying, but it cleans the combustion chambers as well and removes deposits from the ring lands which can cause blow by.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #271
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know what you're saying, but it cleans the combustion chambers as well and removes deposits from the ring lands which can cause blow by.
Aight ... does any dealer do this? Just phone in and book it?

www.stratifiedauto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #272
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

The system is knew, so not ALL dealers have it, and the tech go away for special training on it.
It's about $300 and was developed just for the problem us disi guys have with buildup on the valves.

The chemicals are extremely harsh and an oil change is done immediately post service.
They'll scope the valves prior and post for an extra fee.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals

Last edited by Tokay444; 01-18-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Dano (01-18-2012), daztdMS6 (02-14-2012), djuosnteisn (01-18-2012), rfinkle2 (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #273
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The system is knew, so not ALL dealers have it, and the tech go away for special training on it.
It's about $300 and was developed just for the problem us disi guys have with buildup on the valves.

The chemicals are extremely harsh and an oil change is done immediately post service.
They'll scope the valves prior and post for an extra fee.
You've got some concrete evidence of this? Know someone who's done it first hand? Certainly beats removing the intake manifold and scrubbing.

www.stratifiedauto.com
Dano (01-18-2012), djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #274
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. He's on the forum. Kris"cwp" something or other.

He was/having extreme fuel dilution issues (+10% after 1500kms) that Mazda is turning a blind eye to.
He had bad leak down over 20%. Brought it back to less than 2%, and resorted his compression to perfect spec.
He is still having fuel dilution issues however. Brand new genpu.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012), Nliiitend1 (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #275

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting.
Lex, I'll inquire with some of our local dealers here.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
Lex (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #276
Master of Hard Parts

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Lex

Vacuum shows -10 on the AP.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #277
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
If he's leaking through into the crankcase - ie it's leaking past the rings, flushing the valves won't help with anything.
Could also be a leaky PCV i suppose...

The valve cleaning service sounds awesome.

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.

www.permtuning.com
 Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #278

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm guessing with the new SkyActiv engines being introduced to the broader scale of vehicles and not just limited to the Mazdaspeeds, dealing with the pitfalls of direct injection is going to be a concern for Mazda.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
Dano (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #279
Master of Hard Parts

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
Could also be a leaky PCV i suppose...

The valve cleaning service sounds awesome.

Haven't performed a compression/leakage test since I've installed a new PCV and installed the OCC.

At the same time as I did those installs, I installed a reworked K04 from Forced Performance.

I then had a smoking turbo which I cured with a bnoon bolt.

Now, it seems, that if I get into high boost, as soon as I let off, I get a cloud of white smoke that puffs out.

It's never ending..

Oh yeah, I'm still getting oil coming through the valve cover vent and into the SF intake.

FML.

The Following User Says Thank You to Evan@COBB For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (01-18-2012)
 Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #280
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

Haven't performed a compression/leakage test since I've installed a new PCV and installed the OCC.

At the same time as I did those installs, I installed a reworked K04 from Forced Performance.

I then had a smoking turbo which I cured with a bnoon bolt.

Now, it seems, that if I get into high boost, as soon as I let off, I get a cloud of white smoke that puffs out.

It's never ending..

Oh yeah, I'm still getting oil coming through the valve cover vent and into the SF intake.

FML.
Hahahahaha. And you have check valves with the OCC? Seems unlikely the that's the cause of low compression then.

www.permtuning.com

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 04:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 08:06 AM