register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree37Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #321

Snotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,071 Times in 327 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

30,000 km

I also have oil going into my IM.....

2010 MS3 Black
395whp/386wtq
| Molnar Rods | CP-e Stage 2 Pistons | Much Head Work | ATP GTX3076 | Tial 38mm EWG | HTP 4 Inch Intake | BSD | Passenger and Rear MM | Denso ITV22's | OCC | Ultimate Racing TBE | Tredstone TR8C FMIC | Tial BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed ECBS 3 port | Te37 Volks| 245/45/17 Dunlop zzi tires| Cobb AP Self Street Tuned | Sonic Tuning Coilovers | Stoptech breaks and slotted roters
Snotrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #322

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Snotrocket View Post
30,000 km

I also have oil going into my IM.....
How much? Light oil? That's normal from the valvecover vent.

If you see a whole lot of oil in your intake tract (like in my build thread, first picture), it might be indicative of a problem.

You can have good compression results but a bad leakdown.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (05-01-2013)
 Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #323

Snotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
How much? Light oil? That's normal from the valvecover vent.

If you see a whole lot of oil in your intake tract (like in my build thread, first picture), it might be indicative of a problem.

You can have good compression results but a bad leakdown.
My boost tube looked like yours on the cold side of the TMIC

Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

2010 MS3 Black
395whp/386wtq
| Molnar Rods | CP-e Stage 2 Pistons | Much Head Work | ATP GTX3076 | Tial 38mm EWG | HTP 4 Inch Intake | BSD | Passenger and Rear MM | Denso ITV22's | OCC | Ultimate Racing TBE | Tredstone TR8C FMIC | Tial BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed ECBS 3 port | Te37 Volks| 245/45/17 Dunlop zzi tires| Cobb AP Self Street Tuned | Sonic Tuning Coilovers | Stoptech breaks and slotted roters
 Old 04-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #324

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm.

Any oil consumption?

EDIT: It could also be a bad crankcase PCV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.
BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #325

Not Ranked  0 score     

i just put a new PCV valve and OCC in this weekend.

2010 MS3 Black
395whp/386wtq
 Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #326

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,449 Times in 2,592 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you're a real man when yours looks like this:

aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronc7 For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (04-05-2012), Mizzle (04-06-2012), tddvrrn (07-05-2012)
 Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #327

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,622 Times in 3,119 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's more or less what mine looked like right before I got my OCC...

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (04-06-2012)
 Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #328

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
you're a real man when yours looks like this...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
aaronc7 (04-06-2012)
 Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #329

RUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the worldRUMBLEFISH is the leader of the world
Groans: 32
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

8.5 98,000 miles. Just an intake tip and race pipe. I took the compression test while I was cleaning out the egr valve. Not real happy about the results but it is what it is. I wonder if leaving in the Balance shaft starves the middle cylinders over time.

1-195
2-180
3-185
4-208

Have run rotella 5-40 since about 10,000 miles and change every 3 to 4 thousand and have a spin on conversion. I know the valves must be filthy and plan on doing the self clean soon which I hope will help.
 Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #330

WaterlooDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

First of all: Awesome thread. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

2007 MS3, GT25 turbo is the only engine mod. 100,000 miles.

Recently had TSB 01-004/10 done (valve cover) because oil was burning like crazy. Lots of oil in the intake tract like Snotrocket (per my mechanic, I'm not as handy as the rest of you). Did a valve/engine flush, replaced plugs (totally fouled) as well.

Added 6 fresh quarts of 5w 40 synthetic.....and 500 miles later 75% of it was gone. Not a drip on the garage floor, and the remaining oil was BLACK.

Unbelievable.

Compression Test Results:

CYL #1 - 180
CYL #2 - 170
CYL #3 - 160
CYL #4 - 180

Leakdown Test Results:

CYL #1 - 18%
CYL #2 - 7%
CYL #3 - 14%
CYL #4 - 18%

Mechanic cited "very little leakage past the valves, air is coming out the valve cover breather pipe by getting past the piston rings and into the crank case."

I'm no mechanic, but to me, that says engine rebuild b/c the rings are fried.

The part that gets me is that the compression / leak test dont seem THAT bad given what else I've seen on the thread....but the dip stick doesn't lie; I think this engine is pooched.

Also, I have no idea if my guy did the compression test warm or cold....and not sure that matters from what the rest of you have said since it's the relative compression that is more relevant.

Thanks again for the awesome thread, if you can share any more wisdom, please do!

Last edited by WaterlooDrew; 05-09-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
WaterlooDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #331
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,379 Times in 7,868 Posts
Groans: 792
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update.
My compression results have gotten...
...better?!?
I had my wife do the cranking this time so I could watch the gauge.
180-180-175-190.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #332

theschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1-182
2-182
3-182
4-185

2k on built motor. Wiseco pistons.
 Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #333
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,341 Times in 6,955 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WaterlooDrew View Post
First of all: Awesome thread. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

2007 MS3, GT25 turbo is the only engine mod. 100,000 miles.

Recently had TSB 01-004/10 done (valve cover) because oil was burning like crazy. Lots of oil in the intake tract like Snotrocket (per my mechanic, I'm not as handy as the rest of you). Did a valve/engine flush, replaced plugs (totally fouled) as well.

Added 6 fresh quarts of 5w 40 synthetic.....and 500 miles later 75% of it was gone. Not a drip on the garage floor, and the remaining oil was BLACK.

Unbelievable.

Compression Test Results:

CYL #1 - 180
CYL #2 - 170
CYL #3 - 160
CYL #4 - 180

Leakdown Test Results:

CYL #1 - 18%
CYL #2 - 7%
CYL #3 - 14%
CYL #4 - 18%

Mechanic cited "very little leakage past the valves, air is coming out the valve cover breather pipe by getting past the piston rings and into the crank case."

I'm no mechanic, but to me, that says engine rebuild b/c the rings are fried.

The part that gets me is that the compression / leak test dont seem THAT bad given what else I've seen on the thread....but the dip stick doesn't lie; I think this engine is pooched.

Also, I have no idea if my guy did the compression test warm or cold....and not sure that matters from what the rest of you have said since it's the relative compression that is more relevant.

Thanks again for the awesome thread, if you can share any more wisdom, please do!
How often did you change the oil and what oil did you use?

A lot of these low compression numbers coming from the bottom end could very well be the result of fuel washing oil off cylinder walls ... oil thinning ... carbon seized rings. It's a dirty motor.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #334

Not Ranked  0 score     

Bought the car lightly used (2000 miles) and have changed the oil at regular intervals since then. Used 5w 30 until about 80k, then switched to 5w 40, always synthetic.

Anyone have a good motor for sale?

Last edited by WaterlooDrew; 05-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.
 Old 05-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #335

breakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the worldbreakfasteatre is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

8k kms, waited for car to cool down so i could do the DP

all 4 cylinders around 180
 Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #336

kimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

checked my compression 2 weeks ago.

#1 ~185
#2 ~185
#3 ~185
#4 ~190

I'm about to hit 66K on the motor, been running the mods in my sig for ~2 years. I've never seen oil in my TMIC or boost tubes or throttle body. motor likes Rotella T6.
Lex (05-09-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #337
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,914 Times in 7,769 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WaterlooDrew View Post
Anyone have a good motor for sale?
IMHO, i don't think your motor is anywhere near needing to be replaced. Use a catch can, replace the PCV valve, and drive the car

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
Lex (05-09-2012), WaterlooDrew (05-09-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #338

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
IMHO, i don't think your motor is anywhere near needing to be replaced. Use a catch can, replace the PCV valve, and drive the car
Thanks man, I didn't think it was that bad. The oil consumption did slow down dramatically after a little more driving with the new PCV....mechanic did say it could take time for the flush chemicals to do their job.

It starts, drives, sounds fine and has good power.
 Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #339

fredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did my compression test today out of curiosity. The car is a '11 with about 28500 miles on it.
Cyl 1 - 191
Cyl 2 - 191
Cyl 3 - 190
Cyl 4 - 190
Been running on a modified stage 1 map
fredricktsang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #340

Speed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the worldSpeed_j23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Decided to do a compression test yesterday on my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6; I'm currently at 102K. Results are as follow:

Cyl 1-180
Cyl 2-180
Cyl 3-180
Cyl 4-180
Currently on Dizzy 50/50 E-mix tune, and I've been using Rotella T6 for past 40k miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120530_150140.jpg (2.82 MB, 12 views)

Old: 06 LPM MS6
Speed_j23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed_j23 For This Useful Post:
EdgeAutosport.com (05-30-2012), phate (05-30-2012), Tokay444 (05-30-2012)
 Old 05-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #341

radbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just check my compression today. 61k miles

1: 161
2: 159
3:150
4:160

2007 speed3
I bought the car used with 45K, previous owner had intake, dp, no ap, no fp internals, and ran royal purple.

I bought the car after it was stocked out, got new turbo from Mazda, then I put on intake, ap, tip, fmic, internals, catted dp, rotella t6, 2 occ because there was oil in the intake.
TWM STS || Forge BPVv1 || Sure RMM || Cobb SRI || CNT DP || AP || Autotech || ITV22 || COBB/TR8L FMIC || JBR TB&IM TIG || HTP TIP || JBR PMM&TMM || JBR EGR DELETE || Cobb CBE || SONIC COs || Perm Plate & OCC || JBR OCC || PnP IM || DO Meth Inj. ||
radbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #342
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,246 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I might do a leakdown on #3 and one of the other "good" cyls for comparison.

Tappin

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #343

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,251 Times in 3,181 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

71500 miles tests 1 & 2 were done about a week before test 3.

test #1
cyl 1: 182
cyl 2: 182
cyl 3: 165
cyl 4: 185

test #2
cyl 1: 190
cyl 2: 185
cyl 3: 172
cyl 4: 190

test #3
1 - 185
2 - 182
3 - 170
4 - 187

low comp + leaky leak down = inj seals?
Lex (06-04-2012)
 Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #344
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,455 Times in 5,773 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did a compression test on the 6 for kicks:

1: 165
2: 156
3: 153
4: 180

96k miles and this car came with a BUNCH of aftermarket parts on it, but no fuel pump internals. I'm betting it wasn't ever tuned, either. Good thing I planned on building!

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Lex (06-07-2012), Speed_j23 (06-07-2012), Tokay444 (06-07-2012)
 Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #345
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phate View Post
Did a compression test on the 6 for kicks:

1: 165
2: 156
3: 153
4: 180

96k miles and this car came with a BUNCH of aftermarket parts on it, but no fuel pump internals. I'm betting it wasn't ever tuned, either. Good thing I planned on building!
Cranked until the needle stopped rising? Also does it have lots of blowby (oil in the intake)?

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
 Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #346
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,455 Times in 5,773 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Cranked until the needle stopped rising? Also does it have lots of blowby (oil in the intake)?
Yeah, cranked until she stopped. Did it twice on each cylinder and came up with no more than ~2psi difference each time.

It has a little bit of oil residue in the intake system, but nothing terrible. Piston height checks out, as well. Figured I should check while I had the plugs out. The car runs well, but I'm not going to risk pushing this engine. It's seen a max of ~3psi of boost since I got it. It's been SOOOOO hard to restrain myself!!!

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #347
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

congrats on the new 6 phate!

I need to resume my search for one.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
phate (06-07-2012), Speed_j23 (06-07-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #348
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did another test 65k km or 40k miles.

Cyl 1: 195
Cyl 2: 195
Cyl 3: 185
Cyl 4: 195

These seems to be a slight increase in compression - perhaps carbon buildup on the rings. Cyl 3 has always been the lowest and continues to be so - been checking compression for the last 20k miles on the motor. Vacuum readings at idle have always been the same.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #349

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey Lex, do you know of anywhere local that I can get a leakdown test performed?
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #350

KusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the worldKusteLokal is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,347 Posts
Groans: 124
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did a Compression test yesterday on my MS6
1- 190
2- 190
3- 190
4 - 195

It was like 85 degrees out. Car has 70k miles

1995 Miata 1.8
2006 MS6 Sold
KusteLokal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #351
Lex
Engineered Tuning

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by theurgy View Post
Hey Lex, do you know of anywhere local that I can get a leakdown test performed?
Any mechanic shop will do it. It's a pretty basic test and the tester is not too expensive as long as you have an air compressor. I work with a local shop that is pretty good - send me a PM and I get you his info.

www.stratifiedauto.com
 Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #352

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I really need to get around to checking mine again... I still haven't confirmed with a second gauge that I'm not running ~130 psi in all cylinders.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #353
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine has also gotten. Better.
190-180-180-190.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 07-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #354

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,524 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 219
Groaned at 70 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did a test about 3 weeks back

I'm sitting at ~169 in cyl. 1-3, cyl. 4 is ~166

I'm satisfied!
 Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #355
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
I really need to get around to checking mine again... I still haven't confirmed with a second gauge that I'm not running ~130 psi in all cylinders.
There is no way that's possible. Lol

ESP if they are all that even.

Tappin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (07-05-2012), Tokay444 (07-06-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #356

Not Ranked  0 score     

...hence my sloth with respect to checking it again.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Dano (07-06-2012), Tokay444 (07-06-2012)
 Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #357
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Tappin

Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #358

mazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond reputemazspeedshiz has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have a nasty knock when i accelerate( i dont drive it anymore) but i had it towed to mazda and they dont even open em up to diagnose. they do not perform deep engine work. the tech said it sounded like a spun bearing and compression was; Cyl 1 180 Cyl 2 175 Cyl 3 180 and Cyl 4 was 140 im taking her to another shop wed. to further inspect. this guy will actually let me help. my vvt is bad also.
mazspeedshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #359
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

That sucks.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #360

nextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 27 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did a test, my car is still young, 19k
180 across the board.
50/50 mix since 5k, tuned by @phate
KMD internals, CPE safe seals, GFB turbo fuse, Turbosmart 50/50

JBR tranny mount, AWR dogbone, Turbine Tech front/rear diff mount, Whiteline Rsb,
AWR rear adjustable endlinks, BC coils (suckie), OZ Ultraleggeras,

waiting to install Devils own meth kit,

ATVFREEK tuned!

PS: Forever BT slow
nextgenerationx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nextgenerationx1 For This Useful Post:
phate (07-31-2012), Tokay444 (07-31-2012)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/disi-compression-results-43395/
Posted By For Type Date
Random MS3 Chat Thread - Page 171 This thread Refback 04-20-2013 04:45 PM
Anyone measure compression on stock motor? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum Post #12 Pingback 03-12-2010 08:06 AM