register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #1

Jessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default engine build with stock compression

Hey guys, just looking to see who out there has done an engine rebuild with the stock 9.5:1 compression ratio, and what kind of power are you making? I want to do a full rebuild and turbo swap but the 8000 bucks for everything at once is on the pricey side, so id like to just do pistons rods and bearings right now and wait a while and then do the turbo, standback, FMIC, etc. This would require stock compression for the reason that I cant run the stock turbo without a tune or with the AP with lower than stock compression (as far as I know.) Feel free to chime in with info or ideas and what not.

Edit: Also just to make sure, with new pistons and rods (with stock compression), bearings and a cosmic head gasket, it will be okay to run a stock or cobb map right? I see no reason why it wouldnt work. Just until I save some more cash for the turbo setup. thanks!

Last edited by Jessed87; 06-07-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Jessed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Banned

quickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant futurequickspeed6 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

8000 might be a little much for just a engine build unless you are doing some head work. Then i will get up to that much. Also most ARE just doing the rods and pistons..... We have the highest hp to date with 385 on our mustang dyno with 9.5:1 pistons in the car with 23 psi..
quickspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #3

Jessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to beholdJessed87 is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thank you for the response, exciting to know that much power can be made with stock compression. Anyone else feel free to chime in!
 Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #4

martyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the worldmartyxattack is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 37 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by quickspeed6 View Post
8000 might be a little much for just a engine build unless you are doing some head work. Then i will get up to that much. Also most ARE just doing the rods and pistons..... We have the highest hp to date with 385 on our mustang dyno with 9.5:1 pistons in the car with 23 psi..
I want to do a full rebuild and turbo swap but the 8000 bucks for everything at once is on the pricey side, so id like to just do pistons rods and bearings right now and wait a while and then do the turbo, standback, FMIC, etc
 Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #5

SharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was told its best to stick with the stock compression unless you are going to do head work.My new motor is running 9.5:1 with no head work done at this time.I am running a re-built PG turbo for alittle more flow.
Pauter rods,Cp pistons 9.5:1 @ .020 over,ARP head & main studs,DNP ceramic coated exhaust mani.,TXS Dp,TXS Tp with high flow cat,PG reworked turbo,Cobb sri,Cobb fmic,Cobb Ap,Cobb inlet,HPFP,BSD,ACT street disk with light flywheel,TWM shifter bushing,rear MM,Oil CC and 1 step colder plugs and more

http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/SharkDiver.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/sharkdiverjohn
SharkDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #6

ms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SharkDiver View Post
I was told its best to stick with the stock compression unless you are going to do head work.My new motor is running 9.5:1 with no head work done at this time.I am running a re-built PG turbo for alittle more flow.
have you got your build motor in?
2008 TR MS3 Sport[/B]:Cobb Sri,AP/Corksport Dp/Vibrant Dp Back/Pg HF CDFP/SU Boost Tubes/TRZ Poly MM/TWM STS, Shifter bushings/DashHawk/Turbosmart DualPort BOV/15,35% Tints/AutoExe Shift Knob/ Redline Shifter,E-brake Boot
Future Mods[/B]auter Rods/CP pistons/PTP SST K04/PG Tubular Manifold EWG/Turbo XS Dp/Cobb TIP/HKS Plugs/Perrin OCC/Devils Own WM Injection/BC Racing Coilovers/Hotchkis H&R Sway Bars/Rotora F&R slotted Rotors/EBC Red stuff Pads/Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines/ACT Street clutch and flywheel/Cobb FMIC/Tial 38mm v-band and screamer pipe/SU Side Mounts/8000k HIDs/PTP BS delete,WT/rx8 wheels/samco silicone hoses/235-40-18 Falken Azenis RT-615/P&L Motorsports ATP or ATR tune we will see though although 350whp is the goal!
ms3boost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #7

SharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the worldSharkDiver is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3boost View Post
have you got your build motor in?
Not yet..It should be all done and installed by the end of this month.
Pauter rods,Cp pistons 9.5:1 @ .020 over,ARP head & main studs,DNP ceramic coated exhaust mani.,TXS Dp,TXS Tp with high flow cat,PG reworked turbo,Cobb sri,Cobb fmic,Cobb Ap,Cobb inlet,HPFP,BSD,ACT street disk with light flywheel,TWM shifter bushing,rear MM,Oil CC and 1 step colder plugs and more

http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/SharkDiver.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/sharkdiverjohn
SharkDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #8

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

this guy is running lower compression with stock ecu. his mods on in the description of the video.

I dont know the status on the car.

7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
clos561 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

cool, I'm excited now. I'm already saving good money so we will see where it takes me! I think I will go with a GT3076R after the build because I don't think I'll be able to reach the limits of that turbo, nevermind the 35R. random thought.