register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mituc

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Russell141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default HPFP Data Logs

Right now in my 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, I'm running a Corksport induction system (same MAF size as stock) and a cobb stage 1+ tune. I wanted to check my HPFP's psi through peak boost, and I read on cobbs webpage to do a 2k-6k rpm WOT 3rd gear pull. I did multiple logs and my psi stayed above 1600. I recently logged a WOT 2k-6k rpm 2nd gear pull and saw my fuel pressure dropped to 1450 psi (I then went back and did a 3rd gear log and everything seemed peachy). Should this 2nd gear pull be a cause for concern or is it normal because it's a lower gear?

2nd Gear WOT.csv

3rd Gear WOT.xlsx
Russell141 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your fuel pressure doesn't drop during WOT (Throttle Position (%) =74) - I'm not sure what your looking at.

It's never a bad idea to upgrade your HPFP, especially in a gen2 though.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #3

Russell141 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I am defentally pushing my throttle as far it can go, so what does this mean?
Russell141 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #4

LenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to beholdLenSpeed6 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would say that you should one, acquire either a corksport or auto tech HPFP that way you'd know that you will be safe and B, get a proper tune from Freektune, Nishan or other reputable mazda shop. A tuner would be able to tell you if anything funky is going on and have your car run the best that it can, OTS tunes are not the best but good to get you from home to a dyno if need be IMO.

I can look but I don't think that in any of my logs the TP was at 100% which I do agree is weird but I have no knowledge on how the computer reads that sensor in terms of WOT if there is anything different from other makes.
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump, vented oil cap with baffle
Soon: CS HPFP line, fix oil leak from turbo return line and some more stuff....

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far

'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #5

Bertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud ofBertospeed3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

even in the 2nd gear log, every thing looks fine to me.
Cobb SF Intake & TIH w. Blitz Filter
CP-e TMIC
Corksport Dual VTA BPV
JBR 88 Duro RMM
Bertospeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2019, 04:10 AM   #6

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,235 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Russell141 View Post
Well I am defentally pushing my throttle as far it can go, so what does this mean?
It means that even if the acceleration pedal (APP) is close to or 100%, the actual throttle plate in the throttle plate will not go over 74-78% (depending on the car) because it doesn't make any more gap past that.
LenSpeed6 likes this.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI

Last edited by mituc; 01-14-2019 at 01:21 AM.
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote