register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree22Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #41

SNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sailnaked6842 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but SP63 doesn't recommend their 4032 in builds over 450 hp since you can start cracking ring lands, which sounds like that may be a deal breaker for you? On the plus side it doesn't get cold in Las Vegas and from what I've read most people, if they get piston slap (which I think they were running Wiseco's OTS 2618), get it at under 50*F.
Can someone confirm this, or provide a link where this is stated? This is the first I've heard this. The ring lands on my 4032s are pretty frickin beefy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 Old 04-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #42

sailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, just checked their website and it's a lot different than when I ordered mine, which was back in July. Back then they only had 1 option for the pistons which was the SP63 Pro Series Piston they have on their site and I had to ask if they could make it in 4032 which was a custom order and took, no joke, 16 weeks to receive. During the process I remember they specifically said not to use it in a build exceeding 450 hp but that may have changed now. My engine builder assembled the short block so I never saw the ring lands. They may have said it just to cover themselves at the time
sailnaked6842 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #43

SNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the worldSNOW_QN is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, just checked their website and it's a lot different than when I ordered mine, which was back in July. Back then they only had 1 option for the pistons which was the SP63 Pro Series Piston they have on their site and I had to ask if they could make it in 4032 which was a custom order and took, no joke, 16 weeks to receive. During the process I remember they specifically said not to use it in a build exceeding 450 hp but that may have changed now. My engine builder assembled the short block so I never saw the ring lands. They may have said it just to cover themselves at the time
ATTACH]223774[/ATTACH]

Attached Images
File Type: png uploadfromtaptalk1459881735775.png (3.03 MB, 44 views)
 Old 04-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #44

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's what it looks like. I would think 500whp wouldn't be a problem. At least that was my hope :/

Old 04-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #45

sailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond reputesailnaked6842 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those ring lands are pretty huge but I found a link. Looking back at it, it doesn't directly state the pistons are the limiting factor here, but it seems to imply it and it likely wouldn't be the rods. Built Engines - Mazda MZR-DISI - Short Blocks - SPEED PERF6RMANC3 I sent them an e-mail to confirm but you may want to call them to see what they say about the pistons since their website isn't stating much anymore and this is kind of a backwards way of confirming it

Slightly off topic but are those pistons coated?
SNOW_QN likes this.
 Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

They are wpc treated. I posted some info in here a little earlier on them.

I see that the stage one has the 4032 pistons, but it also has oem main studs also. Would the pistons or the studs be the limiting factor?

Last edited by SNOW_QN; 04-05-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
SNOW_QN is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #47

Not Ranked  0 score     

They just responded to the email and looks like you're just gonna squeak by. They're rated at 500hp and 25psi, sorry to scare you earlier lol but it's probably a good thing for us to know

On the other hand that coating looks pretty good. Mine were moly coated which I guess only helps with break in
SNOW_QN likes this.
 Old 04-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's good to know. Thanks for getting clarification on it.

I was planning on running maybe just a tad more boost than that. I guess I should factor that in now lol Although, the wpc treatment is supposed to strengthen the pistons too, so maybe I'll stick with the original plan and shoot for 27-28lbs. Maybe daily map on 25psi, and balls-to-the-wall map with a little more umph

Old 04-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #49

HaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Correct me if I'm wrong but SP63 doesn't recommend their 4032 in builds over 450 hp since you can start cracking ring lands, which sounds like that may be a deal breaker for you? On the plus side it doesn't get cold in Las Vegas and from what I've read most people, if they get piston slap (which I think they were running Wiseco's OTS 2618), get it at under 50*F.
Interesting, I was un-aware of the 450hp max point of damaging rings on those pistons. I may just end up going with the 2816's...
2008 Ms3 Black Mica R.I.P. March 2008 - March 2016. MODS: HTP 3" intake, CX Racing FMIC with TR8 core, BNR S3, AP V3, Kozmic EGR delete, Matt Damond OCC, JBR short shift plate with bushings, HIDS, CP-E injector seals, TIG, 1 step colder plugs, Grimspeed EBCS, CS RMM, JBR passenger MM, motor craft tranny fluid, Autotech Internals

Current:
08.5 Ms3 cwp GT: Built block (sp63 4032 pistons, eagle h beams, CA625+ rod bolts/head studs, arp main studs, key'd crank, supertech 55lb valve springs, bsd delete, Block/pistons/rings/bearings WPC treated), HTP 4" intake, bnr S5 turbo (when it comes out), HTP hotside under route pipes, TR8 core, custom made cold pipes, ST intake mani, TIG, CP-E downpipe, CNT CBE, autotech hpfp, AP V3, grimmspeed ebcs, GA v3, TWM short shift assembly, JBR short shift plate, HFS-4 Meth kit, HTP front mount custom meth tank, damond motor mount trilogy, damond 3 port pcv plate, dual damond catch cans (one vented), step colder plugs, corksport injector seals, GFB bov, 51r battery, Bilstein B8 shocks, OZ ultralegga rims, custom oem clutch with Kevlar, Gen 2 trans.

2003 Mazdaspeed protégé (spicy orange); pope E manifold and DP, injen cai, PoS fmic kit, Twisted motion gt2871 turbo, aem fic-6.
HaXiR is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #50

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wanted to clarify/elaborate on my earlier 2618 post. If you use a set of OTS 2618s I can almost guarantee you you will experience cold start noise/slap and wear that are common characteristics of this metal regardless of vehicle type. I would never DD a set of ots 2618s. They are finicky about properly warming up the car and just not conducive to daily commutes IMHO. Prior to aforementioned technology/process advances 4032s were the perfect compromise between increase HP capability and streetability, hence why they were/are so popular. 80-90% of the 2618 strength benefits, with 90% of the stocker/cast driving characteristics.

However, I have zero issues running a properly researched/made set of 2618s. In the case of the SP63s, Mahle would have specifically designed & engineered the 2618s for the MZR engine. This includes both the physical measurements/clearances as well as the operating conditions/characteristics of the engines(take for example cylinder temps and expansion). This allows for a much better fit by revisiting things such as skirt length, squirter reliefs, top design, etc.

The second important part of this is to have the pistons installed by a shop that is familiar with the MZR engine or at the very least import turbo setups. This allows them to fine tune the hone and pwc when assembling for the unique environment created by small displacement forced induction engines. The local Chevy/Ford machine shop down the road might not be the best pick. I've built tons of engines street/race and would have been perfectly capable of assembling my own shortblock, but I am of the opinion that having the block prepped and assembled by the guys who helped develop the piston would yield the best results.

Reader's Digest Summary:

OTS 2618s:
*Great Strength
*Annoying for DD - Cold start slap/noise, proper engine warm-up essential for good wear
*Highly recommend treatment or consider them a consumable item on the level of a timing belt cycle.
*Can we say blow-by and oil consumption, not horrible but you'll need to consistently check oil level as they burn oil until they seal fully
*Usually fairly cheap as far as forged goes
*Readily available hence Off The Shelf

4032s:
*Good strength capable of handling 80% of DD builds out there. If you want to go big verify the HP ratings first
*Not the best for full boat track/racing where engine is under high/constant load - They shatter yo. HPDE/Autocross is fine 99% of the time
*Fantastic choice for moderate DD builds as there few if any drawbacks drive characteristic wise and good reliability/power handling upgrade vs. cast. HPDE style tracking is fine
*Generally more pricey than 2618
*Usually good availability

Custom 2618s:
*Great Strength
*Much improved driving characteristics. In most cases little to no piston slap and good(read half way decent) seal from cold start.
*Usually the most expensive of the 3 options
*Usually long wait/order times
*Best results will be when assembled/block prepped by a builder familiar with the piston and/or engine

This is solely regarding the pistons. I am not even getting into treatments, rod combos, etc. Over the next few months I'll be breaking in my own 2618 build so you'll have oil analysis results and my DD feedback to make your own educated decision.
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #51

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,057 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't get all the stuff I see on the forums here about 4032 pistons cracking ringlands above whatever horsepower level. Are they forged or not?? They shouldn't just crack.
 Old 04-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
I don't get all the stuff I see on the forums here about 4032 pistons cracking ringlands above whatever horsepower level. Are they forged or not?? They shouldn't just crack.
Forged simply means that in the manufacturing process it was produced using a forging process instead being cast, and the materials used in either process are still going limited by their material properties. Some materials you can't cast do to poor castability (such as titanium), some materials can't be forged due to low forgeability (such as beryllium) where they get brittle and crack. Generally parts that cannot be forged due to their low forgeability can be cast, and vise versa. But regardless of the process you use to produce the parts they're still limited by their material properties which means that just because a metal is forged does not mean that it's going to be indestructable. Once these material properties become exceeded they inevitably fail <--- there's a lot of science behind this but it's generally easier to accept it as fact. In this case (forged 4032) the ring lands are too thin to handle the force generated by high hp so the force of the combustion on the rings causes the ring lands to crack. This is why they suggest the (forged) 2618 alloy because of it's slightly higher yield strength.

Last edited by sailnaked6842; 04-06-2016 at 01:46 PM.
 Old 04-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #53

HaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to beholdHaXiR is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

This thread is changing my mind every new post basically on the SP63 4032's or 2816's.... I want longevity and DD but handling of higher whp, say around 450-500 ish. I intend to WPC treat my block, pistons, rings etc anyways for some added security/strength, but I'm torn on these damn pistons lol.
I love this thread, it's giving great info on this subject where not much info is readily available, keep it up!
2008 Ms3 Black Mica R.I.P. March 2008 - March 2016. MODS: HTP 3" intake, CX Racing FMIC with TR8 core, BNR S3, AP V3, Kozmic EGR delete, Matt Damond OCC, JBR short shift plate with bushings, HIDS, CP-E injector seals, TIG, 1 step colder plugs, Grimspeed EBCS, CS RMM, JBR passenger MM, motor craft tranny fluid, Autotech Internals

Current:
08.5 Ms3 cwp GT: Built block (sp63 4032 pistons, eagle h beams, CA625+ rod bolts/head studs, arp main studs, key'd crank, supertech 55lb valve springs, bsd delete, Block/pistons/rings/bearings WPC treated), HTP 4" intake, bnr S5 turbo (when it comes out), HTP hotside under route pipes, TR8 core, custom made cold pipes, ST intake mani, TIG, CP-E downpipe, CNT CBE, autotech hpfp, AP V3, grimmspeed ebcs, GA v3, TWM short shift assembly, JBR short shift plate, HFS-4 Meth kit, HTP front mount custom meth tank, damond motor mount trilogy, damond 3 port pcv plate, dual damond catch cans (one vented), step colder plugs, corksport injector seals, GFB bov, 51r battery, Bilstein B8 shocks, OZ ultralegga rims, custom oem clutch with Kevlar, Gen 2 trans.

2003 Mazdaspeed protégé (spicy orange); pope E manifold and DP, injen cai, PoS fmic kit, Twisted motion gt2871 turbo, aem fic-6.

Last edited by HaXiR; 04-08-2016 at 03:07 PM.
 Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
I wanted to clarify/elaborate on my earlier 2618 post. If you use a set of OTS 2618s I can almost guarantee you you will experience cold start noise/slap and wear that are common characteristics of this metal regardless of vehicle type. I would never DD a set of ots 2618s. They are finicky about properly warming up the car and just not conducive to daily commutes IMHO. Prior to aforementioned technology/process advances 4032s were the perfect compromise between increase HP capability and streetability, hence why they were/are so popular. 80-90% of the 2618 strength benefits, with 90% of the stocker/cast driving characteristics.

However, I have zero issues running a properly researched/made set of 2618s. In the case of the SP63s, Mahle would have specifically designed & engineered the 2618s for the MZR engine. This includes both the physical measurements/clearances as well as the operating conditions/characteristics of the engines(take for example cylinder temps and expansion). This allows for a much better fit by revisiting things such as skirt length, squirter reliefs, top design, etc.

The second important part of this is to have the pistons installed by a shop that is familiar with the MZR engine or at the very least import turbo setups. This allows them to fine tune the hone and pwc when assembling for the unique environment created by small displacement forced induction engines. The local Chevy/Ford machine shop down the road might not be the best pick. I've built tons of engines street/race and would have been perfectly capable of assembling my own shortblock, but I am of the opinion that having the block prepped and assembled by the guys who helped develop the piston would yield the best results.

Reader's Digest Summary:

OTS 2618s:
*Great Strength
*Annoying for DD - Cold start slap/noise, proper engine warm-up essential for good wear
*Highly recommend treatment or consider them a consumable item on the level of a timing belt cycle.
*Can we say blow-by and oil consumption, not horrible but you'll need to consistently check oil level as they burn oil until they seal fully
*Usually fairly cheap as far as forged goes
*Readily available hence Off The Shelf

4032s:
*Good strength capable of handling 80% of DD builds out there. If you want to go big verify the HP ratings first
*Not the best for full boat track/racing where engine is under high/constant load - They shatter yo. HPDE/Autocross is fine 99% of the time
*Fantastic choice for moderate DD builds as there few if any drawbacks drive characteristic wise and good reliability/power handling upgrade vs. cast. HPDE style tracking is fine
*Generally more pricey than 2618
*Usually good availability

Custom 2618s:
*Great Strength
*Much improved driving characteristics. In most cases little to no piston slap and good(read half way decent) seal from cold start.
*Usually the most expensive of the 3 options
*Usually long wait/order times
*Best results will be when assembled/block prepped by a builder familiar with the piston and/or engine

This is solely regarding the pistons. I am not even getting into treatments, rod combos, etc. Over the next few months I'll be breaking in my own 2618 build so you'll have oil analysis results and my DD feedback to make your own educated decision.
I'll be anxious to see your reviews on these pistons to help aid my decision..

Current:

Old 04-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #55

Not Ranked  0 score     

So FINALLY after ~8 months without my speed6 it's alive. I went with the SP63 4032 pistons and I have nothing negative to say about them...although the shop that built my short block may. First off the pistons are awesome, no noise (as to be expected) and they feel really torquey, although a downpipe is on there that was not on before... But they're performing well and your butt dyno will thank you for going that route. Should also mention that these pistons were moly coated which should aid in the initial break in.

That being said there are some things you should watch out for that had I assembled this motor I would have not have caught, so hopefully this makes you guys aware and on the look out. I was one of the first people to order the 4032 pistons back in July and aside from taking forever there were some issues with the specs. Apparently the ring land width was too narrow on the pistons causing sticky rings. Spec was .048 and supply was .0470. Rings were measured at .047 so to maintain manufacturers suggested clearance they were ground to .0460 and .0458. Luckily the shop/machine shop caught this and fixed it. Had I assembled it I can't say I would have, so if you do assemble this yourself make sure you measure. Secondly if you have trouble getting the spec sheet Wiseco is able to provide it if you ask. Hopefully SP63 fixed these issues, but this was my experience and although I really like the end product I hope it helps you guys to be aware.

@HaXiR; if you don't plan on making anymore than 500 hp then you should be good to go on the 4032 pistons, personally I think they're great and it would be hard to handle knowing every time you start your car you're taking life away from it
SNOW_QN likes this.
 Old 04-11-2016, 02:55 PM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

So FINALLY after ~8 months without my speed6 it's alive. I went with the SP63 4032 pistons and I have nothing negative to say about them...although the shop that built my short block may. First off the pistons are awesome, no noise (as to be expected) and they feel really torquey, although a downpipe is on there that was not on before... But they're performing well and your butt dyno will thank you for going that route. Should also mention that these pistons were moly coated which should aid in the initial break in.

That being said there are some things you should watch out for that had I assembled this motor I would have not have caught, so hopefully this makes you guys aware and on the look out. I was one of the first people to order the 4032 pistons back in July and aside from taking forever there were some issues with the specs. Apparently the ring land width was too narrow on the pistons causing sticky rings. Spec was .048 and supply was .0470. Rings were measured at .047 so to maintain manufacturers suggested clearance they were ground to .0460 and .0458. Luckily the shop/machine shop caught this and fixed it. Had I assembled it I can't say I would have, so if you do assemble this yourself make sure you measure. Secondly if you have trouble getting the spec sheet Wiseco is able to provide it if you ask. Hopefully SP63 fixed these issues, but this was my experience and although I really like the end product I hope it helps you guys to be aware.

@HaXiR; if you don't plan on making anymore than 500 hp then you should be good to go on the 4032 pistons, personally I think they're great and it would be hard to handle knowing every time you start your car you're taking life away from it
Awesome! Thanks for the insight. Have you talked to SP63 about the piston issue so they could address it? I will have my stuff wpc treated, but it sounds like the 4032's are going to be what I go with

Current:

Old 04-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, no problem, I spent a solid 80 hours researching pistons and options trying to make the right decision...and then another 5 months researching more wondering if I made the right decision. At this point I'm pretty confident I did. Just ran it past SP63 the other day and Pablo said they will add it to the quality checks. On the other hand you'll probably want to double check the ring lands and piston rings to be sure the clearance is there.

Also just checked out WPC treatments and that's going to be way better than the moly coating I got that will be gone in a few thousand miles. But just so you're aware the pistons dimensions might change with the WPC so don't give your pistons and block to the machinists until after they're treated.

Last edited by sailnaked6842; 04-13-2016 at 09:03 AM.
 Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #58
sho

sho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the worldsho is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have 32k+ miles on my Manley pistons (2618) since September 2015. They do not slap when cold, and I live in Ohio and see sub zero temps in the winter. I do bypass cold start usually, and let the car warm up til coolant temp is 160+ before I drive, though
wes3id likes this.
Engine/exhaust goodies:
-Built bottom end -Manley H-Beams, Manley 88mm platinum series pistons, stock head, stock head studs, ACT 6puck w/ prolite flywheel, cp-e exhaust mani, PTE5862, 6th port w/ Bosch 2200's and aeromotive 325 stealth pump, tr1235 fmic w/ 3" cold side

Tuned by Realgib3
sho is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #59

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,669 Times in 1,831 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just to clear the air on some things, you can't rate pistons by boost pressure. Cylinder pressure maybe, but that's not easy to calculate.

IMO 4032 is perfectly fine for 500whp. The material itself is stronger than 2618 at operating temp, but it is much less knock tolerant because its elasticity is a good deal lower. My recommendation would be if you are going to make a lot of power on 4032 pistons then advance power very slowly to avoid knock.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
MD1032 (04-29-2016), mituc (04-29-2016), wes3id (04-29-2016)
 Old 05-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

well I went with the 4032's, probably be a while before I get them installed, but ill come back with some reviews later

Current:

The Following User Says Thank You to HaXiR For This Useful Post:
Mazdazilla6 (05-16-2016)
 Old 05-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #61

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 62
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sho View Post
I have 32k+ miles on my Manley pistons (2618) since September 2015. They do not slap when cold, and I live in Ohio and see sub zero temps in the winter. I do bypass cold start usually, and let the car warm up til coolant temp is 160+ before I drive, though
I'm running wiseco 2618 no slap at all. I have talked to someone at wiseco and in their opinion the pistons should last a long time. I think longevity depends on the ptw clearance. I believe they recommend different ptw for different power levels.
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, DogBone Mounts, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2016, 05:12 AM   #62

Yamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond reputeYamahafreak has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good info here, just subscribing now as I am planning a built.

Specs: @ xxx wHp, xxxNm at wheels
Wiseco, Manley H beam Rods, ARP Head studs, ARP Main studs, JBR Balance shaft removal, Total-MPS injector seals.
CS hpfp internals, CS TIP, CS Rear Diff Mount, CS 3.5bar MAP, JBR SRI, JBR EGR Delete, 3" Downpipe (De-Cat) Custom build by local shop, Custom built FMIC, PERM PVC, 3 port JBR EBCS, ACT HD Clutch 6-Pad Solid w/ Streetlite Flywheel, NGK LTR7IX-11, JBR Oil Pan Baffle.
Custom tuned/build K04 turbo by https://www.turbochargers.nl/
Saving for additional bolt ons (aux fuel, intake mani)
RX-8 Wheels 225/40-R18 Toyo T1R, 3cm lowerd Eibach kit.
initial dyno tuned by BR-performance. new tune by ????? versatuner

Hope to reach 400whp in the future, first goal is to get my car driving again

insta: @sp_shiningdreams
www.shiningdreams.nl
Yamahafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #63

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,113 Times in 932 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

6 months later, how are all those built engines doing?

I'm honestly still torn on which to go with.
everton99 (11-28-2016), MS3Shadow (11-28-2016), WetzMS3 (11-28-2016)
 Old 11-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #64

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 62
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm running wiseco it's 2618. Car gets rarely driven, since I had issues with brakes. However, every time I start no slap at all, even on cold mornings. I called wiseco to ask about using this alloy in a daily and they reassured me it will be just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, DogBone Mounts, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stockms3 For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (11-28-2016)
 Old 11-28-2016, 03:49 PM   #65

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,167 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
6 months later, how are all those built engines doing?

I'm honestly still torn on which to go with.
In my case I was using a set of custom SP63 pistons made of 2618 alloy. Looks like these mofos expand a lot longitudinally and they finally came in contact with the oil squirters, even though when we built the engine they were like 3-4mm away from them.

Because I was already at 88mm I had to source a new block and paired it with the 87.5mm 4032 custom pistons from SP63.
I'm going to rebuild the old block as well after I will find a set of good sleeves (looks like I found the LA sleeves) and have a spare engine with the old 88mm pistons, fresh rings, and BS Delete because one of the squirters managed to fuck up the crank gear for the BS as well as the BS gears.

In my case I'm still using the factory intake and exhaust manifolds, so I can't simply exceed about 400-420whp because I'm flow limited by these. Believe me with 400+hp anywhere between like 4200 and 7000rpm there are very few supercars keeping up in straight line (I have a few nice victims around here, all of them have words like "GT-R", "GTS"," Hammann", "AMG", "63", and so on in their fancy names). Also with street tires there's no practical reason to go above 400-430bhp and like 620-650Nm/450-480lb*ft on a FWD chassis.

So yeah, this is where one of the builds went. Probably if we were paying more attention to the squirters clearance and would have known that 3mm is not enough right now the custom SP63 machined out of Wisecos (mine were the first gen of Sp63 custom pistons) would have probably kicked some nice supercar ass from September 'till now as well.
rocknrolla47 likes this.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (01-05-2017), g00s3y (11-28-2016), MD1032 (11-29-2016)
 Old 12-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm on the 4032 pistons from SP63 and they're holding up pretty well as far as I can tell. As to be expected there's no noises or anything on start up however it's getting cold as balls out and kinda feels like it's lacking a little until it warms up. All in all I'm glad I went this route over 2618 because of the cold weather. As far as my build I didn't have any of the issues mituc had but I couldn't tell you how far out of the way the oil squirters were placed since I had a shop assemble the shortblock.

@mituc; you're positive that the piston made contact with the squirter and, I'm assuming, broke the squirter off? For the piston to expand 3~4mm and and seize up in the engine is pretty...remarkable. Maybe the heat from the engine helped the steel squirter to relax and creep back towards it's position?
 Old 12-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #67

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@mituc; you're positive that the piston made contact with the squirter and, I'm assuming, broke the squirter off? For the piston to expand 3~4mm and and seize up in the engine is pretty...remarkable. Maybe the heat from the engine helped the steel squirter to relax and creep back towards it's position?
Man, to be honest I can't really tell.
However, the custom 2618 pistons I have were machined out from some wisecos. And we know that with the wisecos, OTS or otherwise, we need to bend the squirters away a little bit more which I did not thinking that the clearance was fine (even though the mechanic working on the engine mentioned that they look pretty close).
So these being said I'm inclined to believe that I simply made a mistake during this build because I simply believed that these pistons have the squirters clearance issue resolved by the custom machining.

If your pistons are the Manley 4032 or if they're like mine but you took care of the squirters clearance you'll be probably good for a long time, until mine hit the squirters they had 0 issues, the -20C/-5Fwinter and also driving in -10C/15F weather didn't seem to have upset them in any way (piston slap, cylinder wear or anything). SP63 does an awesome job with these custom pistons.
rocknrolla47 likes this.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW

Last edited by mituc; 03-06-2017 at 10:41 PM.
 Old 12-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #68

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm still a happy camper with my sp63 2618s(Mahles). Pretty much zero piston slap and thus far very little blow by. Granted you need to mind your warm ups and cool downs with this material in order to give them time to expand and seal properly. I generally idle for 10min or until I get up too a coolant temp of 100. If you are the get in and go type then 4032 is a better choice, but as long as you aren't in a rush to start up and drive I see no reason not to DD 2618s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #69

everton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
I'm still a happy camper with my sp63 2618s(Mahles). Pretty much zero piston slap and thus far very little blow by. Granted you need to mind your warm ups and cool downs with this material in order to give them time to expand and seal properly. I generally idle for 10min or until I get up too a coolant temp of 100. If you are the get in and go type then 4032 is a better choice, but as long as you aren't in a rush to start up and drive I see no reason not to DD 2618s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely the reason I'd get 4032s. I wake up 3 minutes before I need to be on the road. I generally have to wake up at 1:45 AM and I have an hour drive before I get to my plant. I try and get every minute of sleep possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
everton99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #70

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've got about 20K on the Wiseco's and no problems. I'm still running the stock K04, but I run it around 30 psi as far as I can and still no problems.

PS. It's my daily driver
 Old 12-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #71

zjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the worldzjnspeed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I've got about 20K on the Wiseco's and no problems. I'm still running the stock K04, but I run it around 30 psi as far as I can and still no problems.

PS. It's my daily driver

I'm in the same boat as you. I daily drive my built motor stock turbo with the 2816 Mahle pistons that SP63 sells or used to sell and I haven't had any issues in the cold weather. Even in temps like -10 there is still no noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07 Black Mica MS3: Built motor- SP63 Pro Series 88mm 9.5CR pistons, Manley H-beam rods, Clevite Main/Rod bearings, ARP main studs, L19 head studs, ACT 6-puck sprung clutch w/ Prolite Flywheel, AP V3, Stratified E85 tune/EBCS, NGK plugs, Autotech internals, Corksport injector seals/short shift plate/shifter bushings/LED kit, Cp-e FMIC/catless down pipe, Damond RMM/TMM, Mazdaspeed CBE, JBR SRI/TIP/recirc hose/BSD/oil pan baffle/EGR delete/51r battery box, Forge V2 BPV, Koni yellows, and Cobb springs, Gold Enkei RPF1 w/ 245/45/17 sport comp 2's
zjnspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #72

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,422 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

PS. It's my daily driver
Are those the 2816's?

3rd rebuild on the way...maybe...
Cheapspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #73

msfastashell is just really nicemsfastashell is just really nicemsfastashell is just really nicemsfastashell is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

@cheapspeed To answer your question, yes those Wiseco OTS are 2618 alloy pistons. I have 6k on my 2618 SP63 pro series (stock comp, stock bore, and I have stock turbo at 20psi) but not sure if they sell the same ones anymore. Mine had a coating on them (moly coating?) And I still have no noise and perfect comp on all cylinders. Sucks that Mahle stopped making them for sp63.
Stock turbo , Corksport TMIC, catless dp, Cobb tip and intake, autotech internals, pnp stock IM, SURE rmm, stock tmm w/ corksport inserts, whiteline rsb, RPM Street springs
msfastashell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to msfastashell For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (01-05-2017)
 Old 01-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #74

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Cheapspeed; I looked on the Wiseco and Edge websites, but can't find what material they are. Maybe @msfastashell; is right? But they do say that they coat the skirts in ArmorGlide to reduce noise, friction and allow a tighter fit.

Got them from Edge K640M875, the stock bore size - still loving them
 Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #75

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,422 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Cheapspeed; I looked on the Wiseco and Edge websites, but can't find what material they are. Maybe @msfastashell; is right? But they do say that they coat the skirts in ArmorGlide to reduce noise, friction and allow a tighter fit.

Got them from Edge K640M875, the stock bore size - still loving them
What type of rods? I know you're running some crazy torque and I'm trying to get specifics to make it easier to quote.

3rd rebuild on the way...maybe...
Cheapspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #76

Not Ranked  0 score     

[MENTION=30947]I looked on the Wiseco and Edge websites, but can't find what material they are.
All forged pistons you can find on any web stores are from 2618 aluminium alloy. I think the only ones that are from 4032 can be found at SP63.

The KM640M wisecos are 2618 as well.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 01-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #77

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Cheapspeed; I'm running Manley rods. So far so good. Best I can tell, they are good for more than 500 ft-lbs down low
Cheapspeed (01-07-2017)
 Old 01-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #78

bdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to beholdbdm665 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im running Cp-e stage 2's DD. I let her sit during start up until rpms drop to at least 1k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2007 ms3 gt w/ 23000mi. New timing assembly and Rebuilt trans. With brass pads and new syncros and luk clutch at 22000. Mazdaspeed intake, ported intake manifold, vtcs delete, egr delete, fmic, ported and rebuilt k04 turbo, forge bpv w/ yellow spring, corksport hpfp, jbr 88 duro rmm, jbr balance shaft delete, oil pan baffle, catless dp, xt-m5-qs trans oil, mobile 1 full synthetic motor oil. Coming soon: cs injector seals, manley h beam connecting rods, a/c delete, alternator relocation, main egr delete, forged pistons...
bdm665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bdm665 For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (01-07-2017)
 Old 01-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #79

pwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

@mituc;

I am using SP63 custom pistons with 88mm bored... when did you find out about the piston making contact with the oil squirter? During engine break-in? I have put 2000kms on the engine so far, with all the break in oil changes being done to keep the sparkles in the oil at bay.

2618 alloy pistons should come have a piston skirt coating on it to help with wear and piston slap. Not sure how many people cheap out on that option.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f542/pwdunmore-s-2012-a-150456/
pwdunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #80

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pwdunmore View Post
@mituc;

I am using SP63 custom pistons with 88mm bored... when did you find out about the piston making contact with the oil squirter? During engine break-in? I have put 2000kms on the engine so far, with all the break in oil changes being done to keep the sparkles in the oil at bay.

2618 alloy pistons should come have a piston skirt coating on it to help with wear and piston slap. Not sure how many people cheap out on that option.
On my engine the squirters broke free after about 36k kms. I rebuilt the engine at exactly 163500kms and then rebuilt it again at 199965kms, 12kms after squirters on cyls #2 and #3 fell off and one of them shaved away 3 teeth from the balance shaft gear and from the crank gear for the BS.

Occasionally I noticed that after warming up or driving hard the engine was a bit louder, but I was blaming the forged internals and "because racecar".

Those are good pistons. I'm going to reuse them in the second engine I'm going to build (with new piston rings, ofc) and we will pay more attention to the oil squirter clearance this time (at the time when we built it we thought about 3mm was tight but enough). The contact between the skirt and the cylinder wall was minimal and within acceptable limits.
StratiVersaTuned FTW