register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree18Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 AM   #1

JimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  -1 score     
Exclamation MazdaSpeed 2.3L DISI Turbo Blown Engine Resource Thread

Hello!

We are starting a Resource thread for blown engines on both Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 2.3L DISI Turbo engines. This is to help gather info so we can try and get down to what is really happening to these engines. Maybe we can find some consistencies and inconsistencies. Things posted will be Mods on the car (piggy back, big turbo, fmic, cai, etc, etc). What cylinder rod (or other damage) blew out. Situation when it happened (miss~shift, low rpm boost creep going up hill in 4th gear, etc, etc). Car build/year. Stuff like that.
So if you have any info. Or if you know of anyone that has blown an engine, please post up here and let me know. If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me. I can respect that and will post you up as John Doe 1, John Doe 2, etc.
We can even post up pics too. Pics are always cool to look at.. hehe. Any and all advice is welcome. Give me time to get all this setup. And feel free to help out. Thanks in advance....

~JimmyMac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:
Demi (11-15-2008), gtarman77787 (05-14-2010), Kennosuke (04-22-2009), Smoke_31 (07-07-2009), Speed3FTW (04-28-2009), steven88 (08-19-2009)
 Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 AM   #2

JimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Currently updating!
If you have info on which Rod # goes with what cylinder, please let me know. I'm listing cylinder 1 as passenger side. through cylinder 4 as drivers side. If you have any other idea's on what else to add, let me know. Thanks.
  1. bmman93 Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 with 8100 miles.
    Cylinder; #1
    Damage; Tossed Rod. Holes in block front and rear. Cracked oil pan. Rod #1
    RPM; ??
    Mods; MS Intake
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock??
    Situation; It blew just driving down the street.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  2. palerider Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 with 29,000 total miles and 4500 on the current setup.
    Cylinder; #2?
    Damage; Tossed rod. Hole up front. Rod #4?
    RPM; 4000-4500
    Mods; gt3071r turbo @ 18 psi, ms cai, inlet, fmic, turbo mani, bpv, cdfp, catted tbe, semi tuned standback.
    Exhaust Manifold; Brand??
    Situation; Car blew partial throttle into boost, third gear around 4000-4500 rpms, going up a hill.
    Warranty; ? No
    Oil; ?
  3. CMESCOOT Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
    Cylinder; #1
    Damage; Tossed rod. Hole at the bottom front passenger side.
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    Mods; FMIC, CAI, CDFP, PG manifold, Downpipe and race pipe, 3" straight exhaust, Hybrid BOV, Reworked stock turbo.
    Exhaust Manifold; PG
    Situation; 6th gear cruising at 75 on a flat highway.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  4. desertrat Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
    Cylinder; #2 & #4 most water. #1 & #4 little water.
    Damage; Hydrolock. Water in cylinders. Water in intercooler. Broken crank. Cracked block.
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    Mods; MS CAI
    Situation; I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, on a two way street and in a down pour of rain. I was going about 25 mph and through about 12" deep gully. I had cars behind me and on the other side I had no choice but to risk it. I did the initial inspection, water in the intercooler and the cylinders mostly in 2 and 4 I think and a little in 1 and 3. I suck out the water and tried to start it nothing. I ended up at the dealer to find out I broke the crank and it imbeded its self into the block causing it to crack.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  5. paulfitipauldi Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 200? Mazdaspeed 3 2000miles.
    Cylinder; #1 & #4?
    Damage; Bent two rods , the #1 and #4.
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    Mods; Stock
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock.
    Situation; Cruising at 60mph in 6th gear, I hit the breaks for a bump in the highway. When I accelerated again at partial throttle I heard that psshh noise and later that, a knock noise.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  6. 08ms3bm Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2008? Mazdaspeed 3?
    Cylinder; ?
    Damage; Bad 3rd injector. Spun a bearing. Snapped rod. Snapped wrist-pin. Bent 1 valve.
    RPM; ??
    Mods; Stock
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock.
    Situation; Bad 3rd injector went lean.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  7. mrlilguy157 Mazdaspeedforums
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 14000 miles.
    Cylinder; ?
    Damage; ?
    RPM; 8000
    Mods; ATP 3071r bolt on turbo, mrlilguyCDFP, custom inlet and intake, txs downpipe/racepipe/hybrid bov, no ems. boost level set at 15psi.
    Situation; Downshift to 2nd and 8000rpms = boom.
    Warranty; ? No?
    Oil; ?
  8. k2white Mazda24/7
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 15000 miles first time.
    Cylinder; #2 and #3
    Damage; 1st time: Blown rod(s).
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    2nd time: Starter blew.
    3rd time: Cam/Engine damage.
    Mods; Stock
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock.
    Situation; 1st time: I blew a rod in 6th gear doing 60mph on the way home from work, there was no warning.
    2nd time: I got the car back and the next day the starter blew, another tow and a day later I got it back again and went about my business.
    3rd time: Three weeks later, the car died again, in the same manner, driving along and it just dies. This time it was the timing in the cam which caused damage to the engine.
    Additional info; Here it is word for word off the R. O.:

Customer states that the car had no heat and check engine light and traction control lights came on, within next mile vehicle engine and all power quit.
    Check ECU for codes and found code P0117 stored. Checked for coolant temp issue and found car to be low on coolant. Road tested the car and found the engine to run at hot and overheat. Talked to Mazda and they advised us to replace theromostat. Replaced thermostat and road tested the car again. Then the temp guage read 1/2 and had good heat. rechecked cooling system and found contious bubbles flowing into overflow jug Tried to bleed system several 10 times but there wer still bubbles. Performed cylinder pressure test and #2 and #3 clinders to be blowing back through cooling system. Inspected plugs and found tiny metal flakes on spark plugs. Removed and replaced engine as per Mazda. Roadtested car thouroughly and no bubbles in coolant. All ok.
    END
    Warranty; Yes.
    Oil; ?
  9. TENCms3
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 41,218 miles.
    Cylinder; #2 and #3
    Damage; Cylinder 3's piston is scrap, nicked 2's a lil bit. No holes in the block.
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    Mods; MS CAI, corksport TP, rear motor mount(awr).
    Situation; Turbo was going bad. Waited to long to take it in. Was leaving work going about 5 to 10mph. Jumped timing.
    Warranty; No
    Oil; ?
  10. occschemguy
    Car; 200? Mazdaspeed 6 20,000 miles.
    Cylinder; #4
    Damage; Holes on both sides of the block#4 piston
    RPM; 3500
    Mods; Magna flow eghaust, MS cai, HKS bov.
    Situation; Mine blew during miss 3500 rpm 5 gear
    Warranty; No
    Oil; ?
  11. ms3guy22
    Car; 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 13,000 miles.
    Cylinder; #3 and #4
    Damage; Blown motor. Slipped a bearing a put a couple really big holes in my block cyclinder 4 and 3
    RPM; ?? See speed.
    Mods; fmic, tbe, pg manifold, mrlilguy cdfp,sri, cpe standback kinda tuned, 19 psi, reworked turbo.
    Exhaust Manifold; PG
    Situation; I was slowly accelerating at 5 mph on my way to my garage, and kaboom!
    Warranty; No
    Oil; ?
  12. kraz3y
    Car; 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 23,xxx miles.
    Cylinder; ? passenger side
    Damage; Chunk of my engine on the under tray and a bolt missing the thread part and a clip...looked around theres a hole up near the starter...guessing thats the front of the engine.
    RPM; 4500rpm drivng around 40-50mph.
    Mods; stock boost, mbc, map clamp, cs dp/mp, cobb sf, trz mount, modified stock exhaust, hks bov
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock?
    Situation; (4:30pm) driving home from picking up my lady and daughter my engine blew.... My guess i was heatsoakin like a mofo and i gunned it it bit ( 4.5k ) was drivng around 40-50 and then booommm ughhh (boost temps at 110-120ish, 90 ambient temp)
    Warranty; Unknown
    Oil; ?
  13. tvissues
    Car; 2007 MazdaSpeed 3 GT
    Cylinder; #2
    Damage; researching
    RPM; researching
    Mods; researching
    Exhaust Manifold; researching
    Situation; researching
    Warranty; none
    Oil; researching
  14. IDRVSLO
    Car; MazdaSpeed 3
    Cylinder; 3
    Damage; Blown engine. Hole in block #3 cylinder.
    RPM; about 3000rpms
    Mods; Cobb AP, COBB SRI, IDRVSLO custom Water to Air IC, PG V2 Manifold, HDFP, H&R springs, 17x8.5 RPF1s ET40 w/235/45/17s, Prosport boost gauge, TWM Bushings and Short Shifter, Turbosmart Hybrid Valve, Corksport DP and RP, DENSO ITV22 plugs, custom catback full 3" mandrel bent w/ Apexi N1 muffler and N2MB WOT Box w/ 2 step
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation; It was raining and I wasnt in boost. This is one day after picking up my car from the shop with what was suspected as a clutch/flywheel issue. It had brand new oil in it.....I just checked the levels 10 days ago....same day as it started having problems.
    Previous situation that could of led up to this situation (cut and paste).
    "Well here it goes. I was accelerating onto the freeway in 3rd gear last night. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I did not over rev the motor or miss a shift! Boost hit 19psi as normal but when I went to shift into 4th I felt a vibration through my clutch pedal. It immediately reminded me of MS3guy22's post. I pulled over and shut the car off. Went to start it again and if fired right up. Car is in neutral and I press in the clutch. As soon as I begin to press it in I feel the vibration. When its all the way depressed the vibration is gone. I then got out and listened to the engine. I can here a clicking noise...definitely not a normal noise. It grows more audible at lower RPMs and less at higher. Any ideas? The car is currently up on jackstands right now. I have drained the oil and am about to take off the oil pan. I checked spark plugs there is nothing abnormal there. I can not find any holes in the block....yet. HELP.....so much for my dyno day today."
    Warranty;
    Oil;
  15. JimmyMac
    Car; 2007 MazdaSpeed 3
    Cylinder; #4
    Damage; Bent connecting rod. No other damage so far.
    RPM; 4000-6000rpms
    Mods; ATP GT2871R (20psi), ATP 3" Inlet pipe, CPe CAI, CPe FMIC, CPe catted DP, CPe Standback, CorkSport CB, Forge BPV, Saikou Michi Co OCC, Mrlilguy CDFP, BC Racing CoilOvers, Gram Lights Bronze 57C, Dunlap Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, N2MB WOT Box, Street Unit rear MM, TWM shift bushings, PG manifold
    Exhaust Manifold; PG
    Situation; 2nd gear at 4000rpms went WOT, shift point around 6000rpms through 4th gear. Max psi recorded at 19.8. Slowed car down. Clutch pedal was vibrating when slightly touched. Engine sound ticking. Ticking speeds up when rpms increase. Car parked time problem is resolved.
    Warranty; None
    Oil; 5w30 Mobile 1.
  16. Anonymous
    Car; MazdaSpeed 3
    Cylinder; unknown
    Damage; tossed rod.
    RPM; unknown
    Mods; Anonymous
    Exhaust Manifold; stock
    Situation; researching
    Warranty; unknown
    Oil; unknown
  17. Unknown
    Car; 200x MazdaSpeed 3 (x3)
    Cylinder; unknown
    Damage; hole in block
    RPM; unknown
    Mods; unknown
    Exhaust Manifold; unknown
    Situation; unknown Random stories, 1 in WA, 2 in NC.
    Warranty; unknown
    Oil; unknown
  18. cageyvet
    Car; MazdaSpeed 3
    Cylinder; ?
    Damage; Shot a rod through the block.
    RPM; ? 50mph
    Mods; ? Stock
    Exhaust Manifold; ? Stock
    Situation; I got my car back from the dealer a few weeks ago (11-22-08) after they rebuilt the transmission and replaced the clutch(this is a story of frustration all in itself). Last week the motor shot a rod through the block at aprprox. 50mph and out of boost. The car had 38 miles on it from the time i picked it up from the dealer(keep in mind it passed their complete "free" full circle service card inspection) until the motor blew in addition to being STOCK.I finally got around to having the car towed to the dealer, and the first thing i was told was i need to provide them with the history of the car's oil maintenance. I hope they warranty this without the drama that happened with the tranny. BTW, it appears this is nothing new considering the reaction i got @ the dealer when i took it to the service department. I am so pissed, 3 months of car note payments for less than an hour worth of driving. Im selling the car when i get it back.
    Warranty; ? Maybe
    Oil; ?
  19. blackmica08
    Car; 2008 MazdaSpeed 3 5000 miles?
    Cylinder; #2?
    Damage; Blown engine/rod.
    RPM; researching
    Mods; gt3071r , fmic, rp, dp , hks custom exhaust, greedy rs bov, fuel pump. 18 psi
    Exhaust Manifold; researching
    Situation; researching
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; researching
  20. Unknown
    Car; MazdaSpeed?
    Cylinder; ?
    Damage; ?(ticking)
    RPM; ? 4th gear
    Mods; CPe Catted DP, Cobb Intake, Dual Port BOV, 18psi.
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation; Got on the on ramp and guns it in 2nd then shifts to 3rd then goes into 4th and the car turns off, no noise no shaking nothing so we pull off to the side of the freeway and the first thin i do is look on the ground for oil and there wasnt any so told him turn it on and the famous loud ticking noise was there.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  21. Duy215
    Car; MazdaSpeed 3?
    Cylinder; ?
    Damage; Blown Motor?
    RPM; See situation.
    Mods; I/TBE/AP/MM/BOV (Cobb Sri, TBE, AWR Motor mount, HKS BOV)?
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation; He hammered down on second from 3k to the top of the gear, shifted and the motor popped as soon as he let the clutch out.
    Warranty; ?
    Oil; ?
  22. s-retire
    Car; 2008 MazdaSpeed 3 3607
    Cylinder; #3?
    Damage; Hole in block about the size of a rod end, engine compartment fire
    RPM; 3,000 to 3,500 (5th gear, 70 mph, down grade load)
    Mods; Bone Stock
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock
    Situation; Highway speed (I5 in California) Cruise Control set, down grade.
    Other: There was no indication of low oil condition prior to engine failure. The low oil pressure indicator light did not illuminate until after the motor quit. There was no increase in operating temp.
    The oil was last changed at an authorized Mazda Dealer, so if you think using the dealer will protect you, think again.
    I have written a letter to Mazda North American Operations to appeal the denial of warranty coverage. We’ll see what happens.
    With the large number of denied warranty claims, has there been any thought to injured class action?
    Has anyone else filed a NHTSA complaint?
    Warranty; Denied – Inspecting dealer claims that servicing Mazda dealer left drain plug loose and cause was it fell out allowing oil to drain out.
    Oil; Dealer supplied 5w/30 stock # 103050. Oil changed @2300 miles.
  23. mlassek
    Car; 200x MazdaSpeed 3
    Cylinder; #3
    Damage; Bent Rod
    RPM; 3000-4000rpms
    Mods; TurboXS FMIC,ATP turbo inlet,PG CAI w/ AEM DryFlow filer,Turbosmart VTA BOV,NGK step colder iridiums,PG CDFP kit,TWM SS w/ bushings,Cobb shifter weight,TRZ dogbone,Corksport DP,Corksport RP,Mazdaspeed CBE,Hayden P/S cooler,CP-E PnP,CP-E Standback v2,CP-E Re-flash,Grounding kit,Prosport premium boost in ATI pod,Smoked Sidemarkers,20% tint,JDM window visors,Speedline mirrors,GV front lip,GV Eyelids,RE-A wing lip,CP-E TowPlate w/ "MS3 FTW"tags
    Exhaust Manifold; Stock?
    Situation; bent #3 rod while shifting into 3rd at 3-4k rpms mid boost.
    Warranty; unknown
    Oil; Only seen mobil 1 oil until i put royal purple in last week (5-30)
  24. tazman34685
    Car; MS3
    Cylinder;
    Damage; Hole in block
    RPM;
    Mods;
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation;
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
  25. Breakthestatic
    Car;
    Cylinder; 4
    Damage;
    RPM;
    Mods;
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation;
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
  26. buildabong
    Car;
    Cylinder; 4
    Damage;
    RPM;
    Mods;
    Exhaust Manifold;
    Situation;
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
  27. JerseySpeed
    Car;
    Cylinder; 4
    Damage;
    RPM;
    Mods;
    full bolt on;
    Situation; Light load daily driving. shifting from 2nd to 3rd and boom.
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
    Signs: None
  28. griffeyfan25
    Car;
    Cylinder; 4
    Damage;
    RPM;
    Mods;
    full bolt on, GT2871 with EWG;
    Situation; WG line popped off and car boosted 30 Psi
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
    Signs: Vibrations in clutch
  29. Jarods7920
    Car;
    Cylinder; 4
    Damage;
    RPM;
    Mods;
    Cobb ap 93 oct map rp, intake
    Warranty; Nope
    Oil;
    Signs: none

Last edited by Darksun280; 03-28-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Updating list.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:
badams118 (04-27-2009), Dozer (12-30-2009), efispeed (07-25-2011), Ferdball (03-19-2009), Kennosuke (04-22-2009), kgb (07-19-2009), mike8748 (03-06-2009), MZR165 (11-13-2011), s-retire (12-10-2009), skipunk11 (03-21-2010), spike589 (03-24-2010), toprock (12-22-2009)
 Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 AM   #3

bmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to all
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

ill be number one!!!! sweet it was the one all the way to the right(passenger side) holes in both sides and a cracked oil pan!

stock with a ms intake
bmman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Banned

phailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,323 Times in 966 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 179 Times in 125 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

gt3071r turbo @ 18 psi, ms cai, inlet, fmic, turbo mani, bpv, cdfp, catted tbe, semi tuned standback.

engine blew with 29,000 total miles and 4500 on the current setup.

car blew partial throttle into boost, third gear around 4000-4500 rpms, going up a hill. block cracked up front, hole apperars for now at cylinder 2(4).
phailerider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #5

CMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,902 Times in 94 Posts
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bigger and Better in the very near future.

Well, allow me to start it off with my 07 MS3. Was running FMIC, CAI, CDFP, PG manifold, Downpipe and race pipe, 3" straight exhaust, Hybrid BOV, Reworked stock turbo, and a really sweet smelling air freshner. #2 cylinder popped out the bottom front passenger side while in 6th gear cruising at 75 on a flat highway. Was 110 miles into a 112 mile road trip to our lake house when she popped. Thank god for great friends to help me get the car back home for free!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taking it very well.JPG (37.5 KB, 889 views)
File Type: jpg pouting.JPG (35.6 KB, 871 views)
File Type: jpg crap 2.jpg (30.8 KB, 698 views)
youngsqad187 and youngsqad187 like this.

Making the world a safer place one Taliban at a time.

Arias 8.8:1 Pistons - Pauter rods - Balance Shaft Delete - ARP Head Studs - Street Unit Rear Motor Mount - TurboXS Hybrid BOV - TurboXS Downpipe - - TurboXS FMIC - CP-E CAI - Custom Built/ported and polished Turbo and Wastegate - CP-E Engine Management - Upgraded high pressure fuel pump - PG Turbo Exhaust manifold - PG Dash mount gauge pod - Cooling Mist Progressive Methanol Injection - Apexi TT - VEI gauges (oil pressure, boost ) - Dashhawk -LaminX Fog lights - H&R Sport Springs - Cobb Rear Sway Bar - Tenzo DC-s wrapped in Nitto InVo's - TWM short throw shifter and bushings
CMESCOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #6

desertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant future
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hydrolocked my 07' MS3 in July of last year, I had an MS CAI on. Does that count.
desertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Banned

phailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,323 Times in 966 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 179 Times in 125 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
I hydrolocked my 07' MS3 in July of last year, I had an MS CAI on. Does that count.
sure why not. we need to know how deep the water was and how fast you were going though...lol details ftw!!
phailerider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #8

desertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant futuredesertrat has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, on a two way street and in a down pour of rain. I was going about 25 mph and through about 12" deep gully. I had cars behind me and on the other side I had no choice but to risk it. I did the initial inspection, water in the intercooler and the cylinders mostly in 2 and 4 I think and a little in 1 and 3. I suck out the water and tried to start it nothing. I ended up at the dealer to find out I broke the crank and it imbeded its self into the block causing it to crack.
desertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #9

paulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud ofpaulfitipauldi has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hello

My MS3 was stock at 2k miles, crussing at 60mph in 6th gear, I hit the breaks for a bump in the highway , when I accelerated again at partial trotle I heard that psshh noise and later that, a knock noise, In the dealership told me that it bend two rods , the #1 and #4. I'm from Puerto Rico, hope that helps a little
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #10

mexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the world
Groans: 147
Groaned at 34 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My dads had a bad 3rd injector. Went lean and spun a bearing, snapped rod, snapped wrist-pin, bent 1 valve and still had a great idle. He was bone stock.
mexicant is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #11
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,910 Times in 8,156 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 328 Times in 242 Posts

I guess jimmy isnt going to update his thread? Im tired of making these things! Im not doing it!

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #12

mrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2007 mazdaspeed 3, 14kmiles

mods include: atp 3071r bolt on turbo, mrlilguyCDFP, custom inlet and intake, txs downpipe/racepipe/hybrid bov, no ems. boost level set at 15psi.

downshift to 2nd and 8000rpms = boom.
Mods:CP-E FMIC - ProtegeGarage Tubular Exhaust Manifold - TurboXS Hybrid BOV, Downpipe, and Custom Catted Racepipe - mrlilguyCDFP - ATP 3" Turbo Inlet - ATP Boost Cut Killer Module - CP-E Rear MM - WelderWerkz Short Shifter - AEM UEGO Wideband - ProSport Blue Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure Gauges - GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer - PimpWheels Black/Red Edition - Falken Azenis RT-615 - Yakima Roof Rack w/ Fairing

Reppin' ProtegeGarage for life!
mrlilguy157 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha, I told you to give me a few days!! I'm in the middle of a Turbo, FMIC, Catback, etc, etc install!! That and work schedule too! Man I tell ya... engine coolant doesn't taste too good!!

But give me some time, I'll Get Er Done!
 Old 06-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #14
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,910 Times in 8,156 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 328 Times in 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Haha, I told you to give me a few days!! I'm in the middle of a Turbo, FMIC, Catback, etc, etc install!! That and work schedule too! Man I tell ya... engine coolant doesn't taste too good!!

But give me some time, I'll Get Er Done!
Good man!

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just letting yall know I'm still here and haven't forgotten this. Installed my CPe fmic without taking off my bumper today! Went to the dealer yesterday to do 3 recalls I never went in to do. Gotta go back tomorrow and get my engine mount bolt replaced. But I still have more work to do to the car.....

Anyways, I'll start laying out the failures this weekend. I'm off of work. And we'll get this going soon. I'll start researching other mazda forums. If anyone has any info of other failures on the web, please link me up to the website. Thanks....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:
Haltech (06-04-2008), socks (12-08-2008)
 Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay, it's been updated. If there is something you wish to see let me know. If you have links to other blown MS3/6 engines, post them up or PM them to me. This is a work in progress. Thanks.
 Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #17

CMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

hey guys, I got a call late last night from my shop. He has sourced a mazdaspeed3 engine with less than 5K on it for a kick ass price,...right at 2K!!! Unfortunately, I have already purchased my new one or I would have snatched it up. Hell, if it had some extra cash, Id snatch it up for a spare. His name is Thomas and owns a shop called, Modified Imports. 931-645-9007
Give him a shout and grab this quick!

Arias 8.8:1 Pistons - Pauter rods - Balance Shaft Delete - ARP Head Studs - Street Unit Rear Motor Mount - TurboXS Hybrid BOV - TurboXS Downpipe - - TurboXS FMIC - CP-E CAI - Custom Built/ported and polished Turbo and Wastegate - CP-E Engine Management - Upgraded high pressure fuel pump - PG Turbo Exhaust manifold - PG Dash mount gauge pod - Cooling Mist Progressive Methanol Injection - Apexi TT - VEI gauges (oil pressure, boost ) - Dashhawk -LaminX Fog lights - H&R Sport Springs - Cobb Rear Sway Bar - Tenzo DC-s wrapped in Nitto InVo's - TWM short throw shifter and bushings
 Old 06-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #18

TENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

2007 mazdaspeed 3, 41,218 miles. Mods: MS CAI, corksport TP, rear motor mount(awr). Turbo was going bad waited to long to take it in. Was leaving work going about 5 to 10mph. Jumped timing. Cylinder 3's piston is scrap, nicked 2's a lil bit. No holes in the block but still f***ed Mazda didn't cover any of it. Been 3 months still no car for me.
TENCms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #19

occschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the worldoccschemguy is the leader of the world
Thanked 46,553 Times in 661 Posts
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

mine blew during miss 3500 rpm 5 gear, holes on both sides of the block#4 piston
at the time i was running stock boost,cpu ect only performance mods, magna flow eghaust, ms cai, hks bov were on at the time had 20,000 miles and the car is early build ms6.the warrenty was already gone 6 months prior do to to many mods mazda branded car w1.

occschemguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #20

ms3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

BLEW MINE fmic, tbe, pg manifold, mrlilguy cdfp,sri, cpe standback kinda tuned, 19 psi, reworked turbo, 13k on motor, and what warranty?
sliped a bearing a put a couple really big holes in my block cyclinder 4 and 3
I was slowly acclerating at 5 mph on my way to my garage, and kaboom
 Old 06-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #21

ms3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats oil all over the fire wall, its a shame too!! brand new syn oil
 Old 06-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, that sucks. Makes me scared to punch mine now!! Maybe I'll just keep my boost low..... haha right...

Thanks for the info guys. I'll update the page tomorrow when I get home from work.
 Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #23

TENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond reputeTENCms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

My main question is what is the main problem. My case is simple but, forthose of you guys simply doing 60mph at low rpms and then *BOOM!* its gotte be something. For the guys who are modded a buddy of mine work on at Shop and has a pretty good background with mazdas(and performance imports period.) What he says, and you guys tell me if this is something you agree with or not, is that tuning is the key. Or stock ECU's can adapt to Intake and Exhaust(they must when mazda sells them anyway) but when you go anyfurther than that(FMIC, TB Exhaust, bigger turbo, up the boost, etc you need to re-tune. It's too drastic of a change for it.ts just one possibility of what could be going wrong with the modded cars. I dont know about stock cars its gotta be something that we're just mising.

I'm only going off what I am told and he should know. If anybody feels like arguing I don't have the got time for it. I'm Just trowing it out there hoping it sparks ideas of why.
TENCms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

hey mines a 2007, and yes tuning is important. but at the same time if your a/f are good and safe, why bother. especially for those waiting on a fuel pump!! tuning these cars with out a pump is useless, i tried months ago to get my car tuned. The tuner said he would not even attempt untill he could add fuel when he wanted.
 Old 06-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #25
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 75 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would like to know what manifold and what RPM the motors let go at. It looks like my speculation on the cyl 1 and 2 have been confirmed by the motors that have blown. I have another idea on the RPM, I think there is a bad resonant spot in our motors that seems to be an issue with guys loosing there motors are low RPM non boosted applications. If you could add these to the list it might help narrow down the problem. Thanks.
ptperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotcha....
 Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #27
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 75 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank you. The non boost applications are landing in the area that the bad spot is. 3k to 3.4k is where we are seeing issues. I have to borrow some testing equipment but if I fiind anything that jumps out at me I will post it up.
ptperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been kind of slack on researching the other boards for more blown motors. I'm sure there's plenty more out there. But I should be on it soon once a few things are finished around here. Good to see you are looking into this issue. Thanks. I'm kinda scared to turn the boost up on my GT28. So far I'm just keeping it from boost cut. But I think this weekend I'm gonna install my map clamp and let her rip.... Not R.I.P. I hope haha. But I take my normal precaustions when driving. Stay out of low rpm boost. And only get on it at 4000rpms. We got 6 gears, so why not use them to their efficiency. No need for power through the whole rpm band. I also prefer to shift around 4000 rpms or more under normal driving. I dunno if that'll help any.

But let's see what you come up with.
 Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

DAMN! how bout this....I purchased a speed3 motor the tuesday after memorial day and the guy just called me this week and said that when they pulled it from the original car that they found a damn crack in the block!!!! He's refunding me, but NOW i have to find another block somewhere! UGGGGGGGGGGGGg

Old 08-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #30

thanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hate to dig up something without any action in a while, but has there been any other blown engines lately?

I'm kind of curious because i have pretty much the same mods as a couple of guys up there and i guess that i am more than a little concerned about this problem...

Thanks...
thanotosq is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #31

Ghetto Mods is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

This whole deal has me scratching my head esp. with guys breaking rods under normal use conditions.

I wonder if there's some fatigue mechanism at work where the rods get stressed, cracks form, and the cracks grow even under normal loads until suddenly poof!

Any engineer types want to weigh in on the fracture mechanics of connecting rods?
 Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

There has been a Speed6 that has blown with a GT35 turbo (I believe) recently. And there are many more that I haven't listed yet or found (a lot of hearsay). Finding time to research and post info up is hard for me right now. I think there are many factors in why these motors are blowing. Or I should say, each case is a different story. I'm currently running a GT2871R at 20psi and no issues (watch, I'll blow my motor tomorrow for saying this haha). But then again, I just started running at 20psi a few weeks ago. So only time will tell in my case.

Anyways, so far it seems that the majority of blown engines is from the rods. But why??? We can only speculate.

If anyone has any info on this, please post up. If you know someone who has blown a motor, let me know so I can post it. Thanks....
 Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #33

thanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

well, i think that when i get back to st. louis i am just going to have to get new pistons and rods... thanks for the excuse!
 Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #34

diepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

could it be becuase some people dont let there engine sit for 30 sec or so to cool down the turbo and the oil burns and turn into slush? then when the car trys to pass the thick burnt oil it brakes the rod. i read a lot of people saying that they had no oil when they checked after blown engine. cuz oil can not just vanish from your car.
diepanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've also read that when people blow their engine, they leave behind a trail of oil because they have holes in their block......
 Old 08-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
I've also read that when people blow their engine, they leave behind a trail of oil because they have holes in their block......
 Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #37

4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute4thStroke has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 6
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyways, so far it seems that the majority of blown engines is from the rods. But why??? We can only speculate.
Pre ignition will kill a rod in no time. As for why these motors would experience pre ignition so often, I have no clue, other than Mazda's poor tune that they issued the TSB for. If this is addressed, it shouldnt be a problem.

There is a local speed3 that has seen a lot of testing and dyno tuning with the AP and has yet to have an issue. Cobb's car has been pounded on and has yet to blow a motor.

I think a proper reflash is key. Some may get away with a piggyback, but a reflash is the way to go, IMO.

It would be nice to know if the blown motors had the TSB issued for their car and whether or not it was performed, whether it be the reflash, pump, or both.

Discouraging to read, nonetheless.

Corksport downpipe, race pipe, and motor mount inserts. Cobb AP tuned by Surgeline, SRI, STS. TWM shifter bushings. Forge BPV. WOT box w/ 2 step. CP-E FMIC. CDFPI. H&R coilovers. SPC camber links. -Long gone, sold to some punk bitch

1991 Galant VR4 - Garrett FP HTA3076R @ 557awhp on ethanol. Full weight and daily driven at 440awhp on 92.
4thStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #38

boost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the worldboost_me is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i know i'm late to the thread.. but i blew my motor back in oct. of 07 with 11k miles and just an MSCAI... dealer stated that because it was hydrolock my insurance will have to cover it... even tho i brought the car with the CAI, i felt it should have been covered under warranty... statefarm did... with no charge..

the has car has got 21k miles on it now about 10k on the new block, and some mods and an AP later, after reading this thread i'm very concerned to why our bottom ends keep giving way so frequently....??? scary !

cobb ap stage 2+ maps-mscai-h&r race springs-katz hidkit-forge bpv(blue/2shims)-turbo xs dp/tp-autometer c/f boost guage-235/40/18 falken azenis-ngk colder step plugs-just getting started...
boost_me is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #39

ztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the worldztuner is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On most cars rod bearings die before the rods themselves. I don't hear of anyone that has actually lost bearings, only rods. Any thoughts ?

Harry

07 Sport
Cobb AP - V103f map
Cobb Sri
ETS 3.25 TMIC
Vibrant Catted midpipeback exhaust
Forge BPV
CS inserts
Dashhawk logger

Soon to follow
SSR Wheels and wider tires
CS downpipe

Check out

http://ztuner.com/newdyno.htm
ztuner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #40

Betelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant futureBetelgeuse has a brilliant future
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not sure it's a good idea for people to be posting about hydro lock. That will kill any engine. That deserves it's own thread imo.

TENCms3, when you say your turbo was going bad, did you hear it or was it because of smoke?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/mazdaspeed-2-3l-disi-turbo-blown-engine-6113/
Posted By For Type Date
Blown engine theory This thread Refback 12-21-2015 04:13 AM
Mazda 8 Owners - Page 145 - Mazda Mall - Autoworld Forum This thread Refback 10-25-2015 07:17 PM
What are your guys thoughts on the Mazdaspeed 3 or 6? : cars This thread Refback 07-20-2015 06:18 AM
The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - Page 890 - Off Topic - Linus Tech Tips This thread Refback 07-19-2015 11:49 AM
Si to Mazdaspeed 3? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum This thread Refback 05-13-2015 02:22 PM
2016 Mazdaspeed 3 - Page 3 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums This thread Refback 04-27-2015 04:10 PM
MazdaSpeed 2.3L DISI Turbo Blown Engine Resource Thread - Mazdaspeed Forums This thread Refback 03-19-2015 04:29 AM
2.3 duratec engine upgrades? This thread Refback 03-17-2015 04:34 PM
Problem/Noise/Rattle *Video* This thread Refback 10-06-2014 04:45 AM
2015 WRX 2.0 FA20DIT Cobb AccessPort Available Now! - Page 7 - NASIOC This thread Refback 07-31-2014 12:48 PM
BOSS and a Mazdaspeed 3 that would not leave me alone... - Page 2 This thread Refback 04-10-2014 05:29 PM
Drove my first 350z (revised) - Page 13 - MY350Z.COM Forums This thread Refback 03-31-2014 05:30 PM
Problem/Noise/Rattle *Video* This thread Refback 03-02-2014 10:40 AM
Mazda 6 MPS blow engine ? This thread Refback 02-14-2014 12:16 AM
Cheerio after brief ownership This thread Refback 01-27-2014 09:31 AM
Mazda esitleb - Mazda 3 MPS : Mazda mudelid - Page 13 This thread Refback 01-09-2014 03:18 PM
Mazda 8 Owners - Autoworld Forum This thread Refback 12-22-2013 07:02 AM
Mazdaspeed 3 Why it's a PITA! This thread Refback 11-05-2013 08:55 PM
VWVortex.com - New (to me) Car - Or, let's see if buying a second hand, modded DD is a good idea... This thread Refback 10-30-2013 05:01 PM
High mileage club for ss 9-3? - Page 3 - SaabCentral Forums This thread Refback 09-12-2013 06:39 PM
Czy jeste? zadowolony ze swojego MPS'a? (2/6) This thread Refback 04-19-2013 11:21 AM
Quality Control/Production Issue Checklist Upon Delivery This thread Refback 04-12-2013 10:21 AM
Mazdaspeed 3 Why it's a PITA! - Page 2 This thread Refback 03-19-2013 03:18 AM
Mazda 6 MPS blow engine ? ? Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 03-04-2013 04:42 AM
coup en wot - Mazda 3 Quebec This thread Refback 01-27-2013 12:24 PM
Problem/Noise/Rattle *Video* ? Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 01-17-2013 11:52 AM
Cheerio after brief ownership ? Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 01-14-2013 03:04 PM
Mazda 6 MPS blow engine ? ? Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 01-14-2013 12:57 AM
Quality Control/Production Issue Checklist Upon Delivery - Page 6 This thread Pingback 12-05-2012 10:48 PM
Random Thread - Page 8734 - StanceWorks This thread Refback 11-08-2012 09:46 PM
mazdaspeed3 engine kablooie - Miata Turbo Forum - It's the Cat's Meow This thread Refback 10-17-2012 08:13 AM
A noob's guide to issues with the 6 • Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 10-12-2012 12:26 PM
Mazda 6 MPS blow engine ? • Mazda MPS Owners Club This thread Refback 10-12-2012 11:20 AM
Mazda Speed3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Home of the Boostin' Bangers. This thread Refback 09-25-2012 06:59 PM
BOSS and a Mazdaspeed 3 that would not leave me alone... - Page 2 - SVTPerformance This thread Refback 09-11-2012 05:37 AM
mazdaspeed3 engine kablooie - Miata Turbo Forum - Home to the Turbo Miata This thread Refback 08-28-2012 09:52 AM
I love my SI but test drove a mazdaspeed 3 whiile with my wife! - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum This thread Pingback 08-24-2012 08:30 AM
Mazdaspeed 3 Why it's a PITA! - Page 3 This thread Refback 08-12-2012 12:34 AM
Adios amigos'.... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback 08-03-2012 09:09 AM
Adios amigos'.... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback 08-03-2012 08:01 AM
The Forum Wars: Season 2 - Page 111 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum This thread Refback 07-31-2012 08:33 AM
RX-8 with Mazdaspeed3/6 Motor Swap plan - Page 2 - TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast This thread Refback 07-03-2012 03:15 AM
Why doesn't the MazdaSpeed3 get more love? This thread Refback 06-27-2012 05:56 AM
VWVortex.com - Why doesn't the MazdaSpeed3 get more love? This thread Refback 06-27-2012 05:39 AM
Mazda MPS Owners Club • View topic - Mazda 6 MPS blow engine ? This thread Refback 06-06-2012 06:55 PM
Subaru's confirms new FA20 turbo motor - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com This thread Refback 05-22-2012 09:56 PM
Blown engine theory - Page 15 This thread Refback 04-12-2012 02:08 PM
VersaTuner: ????????, ??????????, ????? ?????? This thread Refback 03-30-2012 05:26 AM
Mazda MPS Owners Club • View topic - Cheerio after brief ownership This thread Refback 03-28-2012 12:47 PM
6Y MAZDA's 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 This thread Refback 03-25-2012 06:43 PM