register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #1

Atomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 38 Times in 26 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rebuild - Info

Hi !

I had done a leak down test yesterday and finally I have a lost of 40% on my cylinder #3 here the number :

cyl 1 : 95%
cyl 2 : 94%
cyl 3 : 60%
cyl 4 : 94%

So a rebuild is needed ...

I want to know what should I modified to avoid another problem in my cylinder 3 ... here the stuff I will order :

- GTX2867 + Tuned
- JBR Tru-3.0 Wide Path Full Aluminum Intake System
- Corksport Injector Seal
- JBR Under Piping + TR8
- JMF Intake Manifold
- Upgrade Boost Controller
- Supertech P4-MAS88-10H13 - Pistons
- Supertech CR-MZR23T-H150.7 - Rods
- Multiple parts : Stage 3 MZR Motor Build Kit MS3/MS6 2006-2013

If you have suggestion about parts ... or something else (I'm here to learn)

I want to build something solid for a long time ...

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Atomic41; 05-27-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Atomic41 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2017, 05:18 AM   #2

Atomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nobody know Why our cylinder #3 dead more than the other ???

Is it the exhaust manifold wrong balance or the intake manifold ...

Nobody Can help me With that ??
 Old 05-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #3

speed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There was a huge thread on here where I think both were tested extensively to answer that question. I want o say that maybe user phate or Djouinstein (sp) did it if that helps your search.
speed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have the link to this thread ???
 Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #5

mach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond reputemach69 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't forget the balance shaft is beneath cylinder #3 . Which (IMO) leads to oil starvation. I dont have a thread link for this. But, I have remove my balance shaft.

The BSD is your choice. As I suggest researching it to make your own decision.

Also, the intake manifold provides more air (leaner) in cyl #2 and #3 .
Source:
Your Intake Manifold and You

If you are going through all this effort, i would strongly suggest porting the IM (as I have).
Engine: CPE Nano, CPE TIP, CPE TMIC, CPE HPFP, CS BeCuse Injector Seals, SU Boost Tubes, Forge BPV V1, ITV-22, AQ Motorsports DP, Dashhawk, Spin-on Oil filter conversion, Saikou Michi OCC, Cobb AP Self-tuned, VTCS Delete, EGR Delete, TB Coolant Bypass, DFDD VVT, 3 bar map
Drivetrain: Southbend Clutch Stage 3 DD, JBR Short Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, CPE Stage 2 RMM, CPE TMM
Suspension: Koni Yellows, Eibach Springs, Cobb RSB, MOOG Swaybar Endlinks, Energy Suspension FSB Bushings
mach69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mach69 View Post
Don't forget the balance shaft is beneath cylinder #3 . Which (IMO) leads to oil starvation. I dont have a thread link for this. But, I have remove my balance shaft.

Source:

If you are going through all this effort, i would strongly suggest porting the IM (as I have).
I'm thinking JMF IM ... better than just a Ported stock IM
 Old 05-29-2017, 06:06 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Source:

so maybe if I go with these :

XS Exhaust Manifold
JMF Intake Manifold
BSD

I have modz that will help my rebuild engine to avoid the problem I got on my cylinder #3 ???
 Old 05-30-2017, 05:24 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

is it true if I go with these modification :

FullRace Exhaust Manifold
JMF Intake Manifold
BSD

I have modz that will help my rebuild engine to avoid the problem I got on my cylinder #3 in stock form engine???
 Old 05-30-2017, 06:45 AM   #9

pwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Source:

The BSD mod has not proved to do anything for the MZR engine other than increasing oil capacity which helps the oil cool better because their is more of it to disperse the heat.

Cylinder 3 suffers a lot due to the flow imbalance from the exhaust and intake manifolds.

Good luck with your build. You can keep the the balance shaft if you want, I did with my build. I did change the exhaust manifold and port out my intake to help the flow. The next step would be to for the Focus ST manifold.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f542/pwdunmore-s-2012-a-150456/
pwdunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pwdunmore View Post
The BSD mod has not proved to do anything for the MZR engine other than increasing oil capacity which helps the oil cool better because their is more of it to disperse the heat.

Cylinder 3 suffers a lot due to the flow imbalance from the exhaust and intake manifolds.

Good luck with your build. You can keep the the balance shaft if you want, I did with my build. I did change the exhaust manifold and port out my intake to help the flow. The next step would be to for the Focus ST manifold.
Which one you choose for your EM ???
 Old 05-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #11

pwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the worldpwdunmore is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

XS Power V3 - Not the best but it will do for my power goals and it doesn't have the neck down of the stocker

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f542/pwdunmore-s-2012-a-150456/
pwdunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

- GTX2867 + Tuned = MazdaSpeed 3/6 Garrett ATP Big Turbo + Custom Tune Package [MZSPD_ATP_Package] - $1,750.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls
- JBR Tru-3.0 Wide Path Full Aluminum Intake System
- Bosch 3MAP sensor
- CPE Injector Seal
- JBR Under Piping + TR8 Intercooler
- JMF Intake Manifold
- Grimmspeed boost controller
- Full Race ProStock Turbo Manifold : Full Race Prostock Turbo Manifold MZR DISI Turbo Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6
- gasket + etc : Stage 3 MZR Motor Build Kit MS3/MS6 2006-2013

a good setup with this parts ???
 Old 06-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I order a brand new 2.3L Turbo DISI engine from Mazda Canada ... they will take it from Chicago USA (I will have it 5 to 8 days) but I want to know ... do you think this engine will have the new VTT revision ?? or this engine is built since 2007 and wait ???
 Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #14

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,167 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

They should have the new VVT and the new chain.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
They should have the new VVT and the new chain.
Is it a Good move ???

Or a rebuild is a better option ???
 Old 06-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #16

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 70
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

New motor you will have oem components for oem power and oem longevity. A rebuilt motor gives you an option for an upgrade to handle more power.
What are your goals?????????
What is your favorite color???????
Do you like hairy or shaved pussy????????
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2017, 02:41 AM   #17

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Atomic41 View Post
Is it a Good move ???

Or a rebuild is a better option ???
Rebuild. Here is why:
1. the factory engines come with a very narrow ring end gap. This is part of the cracked ringlands issue that haunts this platform since ages;
2. done right, a rebuilt engine will drive on the street like any factory engine and will be able to withstand significantly more power when you want to without running into mechanical issues when you throw more torque at it;
3. it may take more time but it's at least $2k cheaper (well, in my case a new engine is 10k EUR or about $11k, and rebuilding an engine including new OEM parts and labour is about half of that. Int he US/CAN the engines are cheaper and the labour is at least 50% more expensive, so you'll have to do the math yourself.

If you can't find a reputable engine builder in your area just go to a dealer, even if the labour will be a bit more expensive. I rebuilt the original engine twice at the dealer (which now is a spare) + another one which is now on the car.
Find a dealer who has a mechanic who knows how to build engines. I asked to build them to factory specs except for the piston ring gap, which they wanted to be 0.12-0.16mm and I asked for 0.4mm.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PSS 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend ENduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #18

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,298 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Btw I spoke with my engine builder and he said the balance shaft has nothing to do with oil starvation. The oil squirters still push out the same amount of oil, the balance shaft only adds extra oil capacity which is nice for track days.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So this part with a rebuild engine is a good way to go :

- CPE Injector Seal
- JBR Under Piping + TR8 Intercooler
- JMF Intake Manifold
- gasket + etc : Stage 3 MZR Motor Build Kit MS3/MS6 2006-2013
 Old 06-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #20

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

As I've said before, I'd look into Pistons and rods that are known to do well on our platform.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want 4032 allow pistons ... so which one do you recommend ?
 Old 06-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well that brand is not 4032 just an FYI. SP are good.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Atomic41 View Post
I want 4032 allow pistons ... so which one do you recommend ?
The ones from SP63.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 06-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you check the part number supertech made 4032 allow piston for our engine
 Old 06-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have any experience with the Supertech pistons, but the SP63 4032 pistons are doing very well in my engine and one of my friend's engine which I ordered all the rebuild parts for.
I'm not saying it's not a good part, you asked what we recommend and re recommended the SP63 pistons based on our previous experience, that's all.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Atomic41 (06-18-2017)
 Old 06-18-2017, 06:23 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have any experience with the Supertech pistons, but the SP63 4032 pistons are doing very well in my engine and one of my friend's engine which I ordered all the rebuild parts for.
I'm not saying it's not a good part, you asked what we recommend and re recommended the SP63 pistons based on our previous experience, that's all.
the stage 1 engine from SP63 is it a good option ???
 Old 06-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

I only have experience with them as a parts vendor but I've heard mostly good things about them. So yes, a stage1 engine from them ready to use may be a good idea.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I only have experience with them as a parts vendor but I've heard mostly good things about them. So yes, a stage1 engine from them ready to use may be a good idea.
I wrote them 2 emails ... no news ... they are suppose to answer to their email ???

if not there is a way from a email address I could have comeback from them ?

Thanks for your help
 Old 06-20-2017, 07:18 AM   #29

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Porting the stock IM for flow balance is worthless because it is the way it is designed. The TB is installed past #4 , it cannot flow correctly. Keep looking for a custom IM.

Let us know what you will find at cyl #3 ...(good chances for a ringland....) You can increase ring gap to help but don't over do it because you will get engine blow-by.
You can also check if you can get knock from the tune or if it is from fatigue.

Edge rebuild kit has everything you need and sometimes a bit more...you pay for that ''little more'' too. It isn't bad to replace everything but oil strainer, fw bolts aren't mandatory. Often chain guides are fine too. If the crank isn't shot and the engine isn't 300 000miles, you may keep the used oil pump and go for a stage2. Gen2 probably don't need a new VVT either.
You should get a timing tool kit if you plan to do it yourself. You would need one and read about timing/vvt how to...
I personally got my crank and pulley keyed for peace of mind.

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
2006 Mazda3 Gs for winter
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
you may keep the used oil pump and go for a stage2.
What you mean by stage 2 for the oil pump ???
 Old 06-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #31

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Edge makes 3 rebuild kit. The stage 3 include oil pump but the stage 2 just don't...

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
2006 Mazda3 Gs for winter
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update :

- CPE Injector Seal
- HTP Hot Side Under Piping + TR8 Intercooler
- FOST IM + Adapter
- SP63 4032 Pistons => SP63 4032 Series Pistons For Mazda MZR-DISI - SPEED PERF6RMANC3
- Manley H-Beams Rods
- Edge Stage3 Parts : Stage 3 MZR Motor Build Kit MS3/MS6 2006-2013
 Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want to know what is the best core for a FMIC on our car ??? I want the best possibility core for the MAX cooling solution ...

I look to a TR8 but maybe there is something better with more fin and best cooling solution possible

I need to change my flywheel + clutch I want to know which flywheel do you suggest to me ? I think I will go with OEM Clutch ... but I don't which type of flywheel to have the same feeling of the OEM but the price because this LUK is way to high I know it's a dual mass ... do we have other option for a dual mass on the market ...

THanks for your help
 Old 07-30-2017, 11:43 PM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

There is no "best FMIC core", it's the best for your setup. TR8 has a decent volume and a decent cooling capacity which I think you can use up to like 500bhp.

If you want to stick with the factory clutch then get a Fidanza FW. Otherwise SouthBend is the answer.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 07-31-2017, 05:28 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so all the FMIC core on the market for our car are the same and offering the same performance in term of cooling option ... if I look like Spearco, Precision ... their core aren't better than Treadstone ?
 Old 07-31-2017, 05:43 AM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is no "best FMIC core", it's the best for your setup. TR8 has a decent volume and a decent cooling capacity which I think you can use up to like 500bhp.

If you want to stick with the factory clutch then get a Fidanza FW. Otherwise SouthBend is the answer.
Sounbend will I have more torque support ?

The flywheel that come with the STAGE2 will I have the same chatter like the fidanza ? if I want a chatter less flywheel which one I must choose ?
 Old 07-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't tell about the chatter of the Fidanza, but the chatter of the SB FW is bearable and not annoying at all. It's louder when you're outside the car, like on a side, when you move to the front of the idling car you can't notice it. Inside the car it's also audible at low RPMs but once above like 1800-2000 it's gone. And yes, SB have quite a bit of torque support.
StratiVersaTuned FTW
 Old 08-01-2017, 06:27 AM   #38

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Which type of BPV I can use for my Cold Section piping with my DM FoST IM ?

I got right now a TurboSmart BPV and I want to know if I can reuse it ?

Thanks
 Old 08-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #39

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Could I get better cooling with this unit : https://turboneticsinc.com/store/ind...product_id=104
 Old 08-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #40

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nobody can help about this ... any idea ...

Nobody can help ... any idea

Treadstone < Precision < Spearco

or

treadstone = Precision = Spearco

Last edited by Atomic41; 08-02-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Atomic41 is offline   Reply With Quote