register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Banned

holeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the world
Groans: 37
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rebuilding Motor

Ok well I have recently purchased another motor (Head, Shortblock, Crank & Stock Internals)I blew rod #1 through my block in my car. What things will I need to sucessfully get a running motor again?

This is what I have as of right now for the things that I will need.

1. New oil pump
2. New main bearings
3. New rod bearings
4. Cometic head gasket
5. Machine cyclinder walls on shortblock (what are the specs?)
6. New crank bolt
7. Injector seals
8. Thrust washer

please suggest or add things to my list if i am missing something

Last edited by holeinmypocket; 03-10-2010 at 02:28 PM.
holeinmypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #2

JumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thrust washer, chain, crank bolt, a whole engine gasket set, injector seals. Just call mark @ Street unit.
JumpingJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JumpingJackson For This Useful Post:
holeinmypocket (03-09-2010), SpeedSixxx (03-10-2010)
 Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #3

mtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How many miles are on this motor you bought? I dont see the need to freshen up a motor with stock parts given how low miles are on all of the motors. I could see putting rods in the motor especially since you already threw one rod out of a motor.
 Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,111 Times in 6,614 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A little offtopic but how did your first motor blow? I sent you a PM asking for some details if you get a minute.
Lex is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

holeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mtnrunner View Post
How many miles are on this motor you bought? I dont see the need to freshen up a motor with stock parts given how low miles are on all of the motors. I could see putting rods in the motor especially since you already threw one rod out of a motor.

The motor that I bought has roughly 28,xxx miles on it. I have a blown motor also if I didn't make that clear. The cylinder walls look like they could be machined again. All the internals with the motor that I bought came disassembled. So I don't know what rod and piston goes into what cylinder which is why I want to machine the block. So that I don't lose compression from not knowing what internals came from which cylinder etc.

Originally Posted by JumpingJackson View Post
thrust washer, chain, crank bolt, a whole engine gasket set, injector seals. Just call mark @ Street unit.
Can't i use the chain from my old block?

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
A little offtopic but how did your first motor blow? I sent you a PM asking for some details if you get a minute.
I don't exactly know it overboosted the day before a couple times. And also smoked horribly the day that it blew up. But I did take my fuel rail off and saw that my third injector seal was fucked. My guess is that it was because of a shitty stock tune with CPE reflashes running just about fully bolted. I had a upgraded CDHPFP and a 255 walboro.

Last edited by holeinmypocket; 03-09-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holeinmypocket For This Useful Post:
Lex (03-09-2010), SpeedSixxx (03-10-2010)
 Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #6

mtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, i get what your saying. would you consider getting forged rods to put in there? It seems too easy to do right now, although i do understand its another 800 bucks.
 Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by holeinmypocket View Post
The motor that I bought has roughly 28,xxx miles on it. I have a blown motor also if I didn't make that clear. The cylinder walls look like they could be machined again. All the internals with the motor that I bought came disassembled. So I don't know what rod and piston goes into what cylinder which is why I want to machine the block. So that I don't lose compression from not knowing what internals came from which cylinder etc.

Can't i use the chain from my old block?

I don't exactly know it overboosted the day before a couple times. And also smoked horribly the day that it blew up. But I did take my fuel rail off and saw that my third injector seal was fucked. My guess is that it was because of a shitty stock tune with CPE reflashes running just about fully bolted. I had a upgraded CDHPFP and a 255 walboro.
When it was smoking, the rod that broke was already bent.

Good luck with the new motor. Too bad it's not together because all the car needs are some new rods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
holeinmypocket (03-10-2010)
 Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #8

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,778 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lex I have always had some questions about rebuilding an engine.
an engine that hasn't blown up does replacing the rods and pistons avoid it from blowing or is there more then just that to engine rebuilding?
manelscout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #9
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mtnrunner View Post
Ok, i get what your saying. would you consider getting forged rods to put in there? It seems too easy to do right now, although i do understand its another 800 bucks.
The only rods that I could afford right now are the k1 rods. I don't know if I want to get the arias pistons/pauter rod combo. I might decide but i don't know for sure.
 Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manelscout4life View Post
lex I have always had some questions about rebuilding an engine.
an engine that hasn't blown up does replacing the rods and pistons avoid it from blowing or is there more then just that to engine rebuilding?
engine rebuilding can include/exclude certain items depending on the wear of the motor and what is weak. If the motor is new and holds good compression, replacing just rods will prevent the blow-ups we see here and is the cheapest alternative.
 Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #11

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,778 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

o alright thanks alot
manelscout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so far this is what we have came up with

1. New oil pump
2. New main bearings
3. New rod bearings
4. Cometic head gasket
5. Machine cyclinder walls on shortblock (what are the specs?)
6. New crank bolt
7. Injector seals
8. Thrust washer
----------------------
So my next question what forged rods can you use with stock pistons. Besides expensive ass carillo rods?
 Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would stick to OEM parts if they work well. I would keep the OEM headgasket.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (03-13-2010), djuosnteisn (03-10-2010)
 Old 03-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #14

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,653 Times in 1,395 Posts
Groans: 778
Groaned at 443 Times in 239 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'd go with the PTP head gasket.

PTP injector seals and rods and pistons combo then you shouldnt have a worry.

really makes no sense at all to replace just the rods for forged rods and not pistons as well.

I've seen many thread of blown motors not from just the rods bending but pistons cracking and melting as well.

SpeedSixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I read somewhere that K1 rods are doable with stock pistons. Might look into it.
 Old 03-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #16
Miembro

nighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lex, if u plan on changing the rods/pistons do u need to change the oil pump and change the bearings? sorry for the noob question
 Old 03-12-2010, 03:39 AM   #17
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nighthawk358 View Post
lex, if u plan on changing the rods/pistons do u need to change the oil pump and change the bearings? sorry for the noob question
Not if ur engine is blown if it's blown then you will need a new oil pump and bearings. But if your engine is fine then I don't see the need to replace either.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to holeinmypocket For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,711 Times in 7,757 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

IMO you need to do new bearings if your doing the rods. Oil pump is safe to reuse though if it's not damaged.

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #19
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Not Ranked  0 score     

Bearings are a must. Don't cheap out here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (03-12-2010)
 Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #20

jracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the worldjracer is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,910 Times in 655 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

could you take the head off in the car and change the rods and use the stock pistons ?? ( put back in the same cylinders of course ) can it be done.. can you tighten the rod bolts from below ? was just wondering..

2013 EVO X GSR Wicked White w/Areo
H&R springs/H&R 15mm spacers
MAP modified 3" Magna Flow cat back
MAP catless testpipe
MAP UICP
Grimmspeed 3 port
Cosworth filter
SSP relay kit
TWM Desert Eagle shift knob
AEM wideband gauge
Prosport boost gauge
EvoX piller pod
30%Tint
Slowpoke Tuned 339hp/336tq

**** SOLD *****
2006 speed6

" A woman's asshole is like a 9-volt battery..U know its wrong, but sooner or later ur gonna put ur tongue on it !! "
jracer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #21
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,711 Times in 7,757 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think whether or not it can be done in the car is still up in the air. You can definitely take the head off in the car, and supposedly you can time it in the car.

Just no body has done it yet. And IMO it would be much much easier to just pull the motor and make life easy.

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #22
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well just bought a atp 3071r. So forged internals are next lol.
 Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
Banned

i <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud of
Groans: 19
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cancel that order for the atp turbo.. unless they fixed the problem with them creepin..
i <3 bitches is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #24
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gonna run EWG on it, so it shouldn't be a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to holeinmypocket For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-12-2010)
 Old 03-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #25

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by i <3 bitches View Post
cancel that order for the atp turbo.. unless they fixed the problem with them creepin..
anyone buying a 3071 or bigger should not run IWG..otherwise they are fuckin stupid

The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedSixxx For This Useful Post:
holeinmypocket (03-12-2010)
 Old 03-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #26
Banned

i <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud ofi <3 bitches has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SpeedSixxx View Post
anyone buying a 3071 or bigger should not run IWG..otherwise they are fuckin stupid
why? if the IWG bleeds off the exhaust ok, what is the need for EWG?
 Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

think about it....

the more boost u make the less efficient ur tiny lil ATP fail IWG will bleed exhaust gasses off..

and if ur argument is ur not making big power or dont want to..then umm why even go with a BT..

go with a tiny lil gt28 or a SST

holeinmypocket (03-12-2010)
 Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #28
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Like what speedsixx said EWG is the way to go with the ATP turbos. They suck cuz they are stock flanged but that is the way I want to go. I just want something that is going to bolt straight up to my CS DP and PG Mani, with no hassle or custom route. Flame me if you want but I already am spending a shit on this build. Ne ways back on topic.
SpeedSixxx (03-12-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #29
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,422 Times in 2,755 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You need to add head and main studs, flywheel bolts, and a balance shaft delete kit. If you have taken the cam sprocket bolts off, apparently they need to be replaced as well since I am hearing that they are stretch to yield type bolts. If you are reusing the stock pistons, I would get new rings and new .... .. .... . .. lock things for the pins... im drawing a blank on what they are called.

You can delete the oil pump from the list.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
holeinmypocket (03-13-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #30
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
You need to add head and main studs, flywheel bolts, and a balance shaft delete kit. If you have taken the cam sprocket bolts off, apparently they need to be replaced as well since I am hearing that they are stretch to yield type bolts. If you are reusing the stock pistons, I would get new rings and new .... .. .... . .. lock things for the pins... im drawing a blank on what they are called.

You can delete the oil pump from the list.
I can't use my oil pump from my blown motor. So yes I will need a new one for the motor that I am having installed. I am taking my BSD kit from my old motor it's still good. New rings yes of course, I didn't know about the cam sprocket bolts I will have to look into that one. Thanks for the info! This is a list that I have came up with but isn't finalized.

ARP Head Studs- $200
Main Bearings- $71.02
Rod Bearings- $68.41
Cometic Head Gasket (or use oem)- $83.50
Carillo Rods- $400-$900
K1 Rods - $405
Pauter Rods- $800
Arias Pistons/Pauter Rods - $1200
MT90-$14.00 X 3
Oil Pump-$170+
Thrust Washer- $64.05
Arp Main Studs- $126.14
OEM Crank Pulley Bolt- $14.90
Clevite Main Bearing/Thrust Washer Set- $85.00
Labor or DIY = SHOP???? - DIY-I have my mechanic doing it all for $500 with my help also.
 Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 AM   #31

mdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the worldmdd5148 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

A car with the BSD done that blew up ZOMG....

2007 Mazdaspeed6 GT - #10318 - Sold
AWR Passenger Side Mount | AWR Transmission Mount | CPE RMM | CPE Intake | CPE Inlet | CPE Downpipe | CPE Catback | CPE Fuel Pump | CPE Manifold | TIAL 44mm Wastegate | Grimmspeed EBCS | Custom FMIC | HKS BOV | GT3076 | Cobb AP | Labonte Stage 2 meth | TWM Stage 2 Short Shifter | VEI boost gauge | CPE Tow Plate | LED Tail Lights | LED Mirrors | CX7 Antenna | 18x8.5 Rays Gram Light 57F

2006 Miata Sport - She took it...
Stock For Now...
mdd5148 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdd5148 For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-13-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mdd5148 View Post
A car with the BSD done that blew up ZOMG....
lol....

BSD doesnt exempt you from blowing.

it's better for high rpm fluid circulation and it helps prevent rods hitting a huge chunk of bull shit metel in the oil pan. plus what? 5 chp? =)

In my opinion blowing is mainly due to 2 things...low rpm, high trq weakening rods over time and then hydro locking by pooled up oil getting sucked into combustion chamber and bending a rizod.

OP good luck with you build..

please just do yourself a fav and buy a piston and rod combo...

Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #33
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol....

BSD doesnt exempt you from blowing.

it's better for high rpm fluid circulation and it helps prevent rods hitting a huge chunk of bull shit metel in the oil pan. plus what? 5 chp? =)

In my opinion blowing is mainly due to 2 things...low rpm, high trq weakening rods over time and then hydro locking by pooled up oil getting sucked into combustion chamber and bending a rizod.

OP good luck with you build..

please just do yourself a fav and buy a piston and rod combo...

I am looking into them just gotta save for a month here
SpeedSixxx (03-13-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #34
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

think about it....

the more boost u make the less efficient ur tiny lil ATP fail IWG will bleed exhaust gasses off..

and if ur argument is ur not making big power or dont want to..then umm why even go with a BT..

um... the more boost you make, the less your tiny atp iwg has to bleed off boost... so higher boost would be better for the IWG. but i agree, with atp turbos you need to go ewg, since they don't know how to design a turbine housing, and they constantly creep...
 Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,422 Times in 2,755 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you need a oil pump, the Cosworth duratec/mzr oil pump APPEARS to be the same pump, except a high flow version, for about half the price. Modern Automotive Performance, which is a vendor here, can order Cosworth stuff and sell it for less than the MSRP on the Cosworth web page.

Y2k has a set of new ARP head and main studs for sale on mazda6club for $145

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
 Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

um... the more boost you make, the less your tiny atp iwg has to bleed off boost... so higher boost would be better for the IWG. but i agree, with atp turbos you need to go ewg, since they don't know how to design a turbine housing, and they constantly creep...
donate

Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #37

JumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by holeinmypocket View Post
Like what speedsixx said EWG is the way to go with the ATP turbos. They suck cuz they are stock flanged but that is the way I want to go. I just want something that is going to bolt straight up to my CS DP and PG Mani, with no hassle or custom route. Flame me if you want but I already am spending a shit on this build. Ne ways back on topic.
You do realize you are gimping your self with that CS DP and not using an IWG dont you? The corksport is designed for the stock flange and with the divorced wastegate design its intended to be used with a internal wastegate. So you have 3 options

1. Trade the CS DP for another true 3" stock fitment downpipe like Cobb or CPE (or any other 3" dp). have you PG manifiold modified for EWG, have your IWG welded shut (this will probably kill its resale value btw)

2. Or you get a T3 flanged external wastegate exhaust manifold,turbo without IWG, and downpipe.

3. Keep your CS DP and PG Mani and have your stock mazda flanged ATP turbo's IWG ported so it doesnt boost creep. Some have had more luck with this than others. I know it solved my boost creep problems on a GT2871r before i moved to a completely different setup. There is a huge obstruction in the hole that leads up to the puck for the IWG that if you remove will help alot. Also can enlarge the hole for the IWG, and port the area around the entrance that leads to hole to promote the exhaust gases to go down the hole. Also you want to bevel the wall that is around the outside of the puck so that when it opens the exhaust gases dont run into a straight wall.

Basically what im saying is if your going to go to EWG do it right (option 2) Your going to have to modify your PG manifold to add an exwg flange onto it anyways, and your downpipe isnt suited for EWG.. Id say either go with option 2 and do EWG the right way with parts designed for T3 from the ground up and sell your old stuff, or if your commited to keeping your PG mani + CS DP, have your ATP turbo's IWG ported.

think about it....

This is wrong, the more boost you run the less your wastegate has to work because its not trying to hold it back from creating more boost as much. The lower amount of boost you want to run the more efficient your wastegate has to be at venting exhaust gases away from the turbo's exhaust turbine to keep the boost at your desired level.

Last edited by JumpingJackson; 03-13-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
JumpingJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JumpingJackson For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-13-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #38
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol
The Following User Says Thank You to i <3 bitches For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-13-2010)
 Old 03-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JumpingJackson View Post
This is wrong, the more boost you run the less your wastegate has to work because its not trying to hold it back from creating more boost as much. The lower amount of boost you want to run the more efficient your wastegate has to be at venting exhaust gases away from the turbo's exhaust turbine to keep the boost at your desired level.
I is feel stupid right about nizow...ty for being the second to call me out...

see what I get for typing dumb shit =)...

that part of my statement is false obviously but the second is not..go EWG for 3071 or higher....more efficient.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #40
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
If you need a oil pump, the Cosworth duratec/mzr oil pump APPEARS to be the same pump, except a high flow version, for about half the price. Modern Automotive Performance, which is a vendor here, can order Cosworth stuff and sell it for less than the MSRP on the Cosworth web page.

Y2k has a set of new ARP head and main studs for sale on mazda6club for $145
I will look into it next week when i get paid next.