register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
k0m

k0m has a spectacular aura aboutk0m has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default shaking apart the car

has anyone else with the cp-e MM noticed that after a little while the car feels like it starts to get really rattly? the first few days i had it it wasnt that bad but it feels like its shaking the whole car loose...it only happens when starting out once im goin i dont feel the vibes anymore...is this normal? i have the softer of the 2 durometers.
k0m is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #2

BoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the world
Groans: 32
Groaned at 31 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not sure about this car, but on my friend's mini, once he went steel mounts (yeah, solid steel mounts), the car vibrated like crazy cause it was a track beast. When he went to trade it in, he put the OEM mounts back in and the car felt like a piece of shit. Of course over time, the engine vibrations will make the plastic connections loose over time and then metal screws. It's what comes with solid mounts. As to the seriousness of your rattles, I'm not sure. If you can isolate where the rattling is coming from, it could be quite serious as in engine/exhaust things, or more minor aesthetics to the car getting looser.
BoostIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #3

numbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,190 Times in 249 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You may want to go uninstall the mount and see if it still looks okay.
I know CPE had a bad batch a while back, and I dunno if yours could have been in part of that batch. It doesnt seem likely, because that was a long time ago, but its worth checking it out.
The CPE mm shouldnt make it rattle nearly that much...
numbnuts22715 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i had the trz rear dogbone mount and my rattles actually lessened once i installed the trz tranny mount.

vibes moved from the dash to all three pedals.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yah ima re-check it...i took the car to mazda the other day for an issue and after that it felt sluggish..not sure if they messed with that at all...one other thing...i never user to experience any kind of KR - after putting on the MM ive seen as high as 6 degrees sometimes? weird?
 Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #6

TurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes, wierd

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
TurboDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #7

zumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nice
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whay is KR?
zumanback is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by k0m View Post
yah ima re-check it...i took the car to mazda the other day for an issue and after that it felt sluggish..not sure if they messed with that at all...one other thing...i never user to experience any kind of KR - after putting on the MM ive seen as high as 6 degrees sometimes? weird?
could be false kr
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 05:04 AM   #9
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by glocK23 View Post
could be false kr
how do i know if its false? i got more of it this morning while accelerating onto the highway as high as 4
 Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #10

jhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,666 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 86 Times in 65 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

could be a bad tank of gas. a motor mount will not cause knock haha.
 Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #11

BoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the world
Groans: 32
Groaned at 31 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

absolutely ridiculous theory here, but LETS say that all these motors are blowing up because a Motor Mount is amplifying the knock retard sensors voltage readings. and somehow in the process everything is going boom boom boom after that. I know this is absolutely rubbish, but just some food for thought, haha.
BoostIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jhershorin View Post
could be a bad tank of gas. a motor mount will not cause knock haha.
what are the other things i can check? ive checked for leaks found none...tune has stayed the same for the last month or so. this morning when i checked under the hood i did hear a metal on metal sound for a quick second or so. not sure what that would of been.
 Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 AM   #13
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BoostIsBetter View Post
absolutely ridiculous theory here, but LETS say that all these motors are blowing up because a Motor Mount is amplifying the knock retard sensors voltage readings. and somehow in the process everything is going boom boom boom after that. I know this is absolutely rubbish, but just some food for thought, haha.
im pretty sure ur being sarcastic here...but thats what i would assume would be happening...that the mm is amplifying the vibrations...guess i was stupid for thinkin that...i just cant see how i wasnt getting any knock whatsoever before i put it on and its the only thing thats been changed.
 Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #14

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

has anyone else with the cp-e MM noticed that after a little while the car feels like it starts to get really rattly? the first few days i had it it wasnt that bad but it feels like its shaking the whole car loose...it only happens when starting out once im goin i dont feel the vibes anymore...is this normal? i have the softer of the 2 durometers.
whats up, im the guy that was at mazda same time as you.(red speed)

My car vibes alot when im idle or with the ac on and when i take off in 1st, its pretty normal and will only settle down a little after you put some miles on the mount. (breaks in) too bad you didnt get a chance to sit in my car, i have the delrin trz mount.
7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
clos561 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by clos561 View Post
whats up, im the guy that was at mazda same time as you.(red speed)

My car vibes alot when im idle or with the ac on and when i take off in 1st, its pretty normal and will only settle down a little after you put some miles on the mount. (breaks in) too bad you didnt get a chance to sit in my car, i have the delrin trz mount.
hey yah i wanted to see how urs felt but your oil change was takin longer than my foglight issues lol...
 Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
Team Überfrazn

labikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have installed the soft cpe mount about a month ago. rattles in door panels and other places have been developing ever since. some at certain rpm/load. it drives me nuts.
- Mitch Hedberg
labikesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #17

paradigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really nice
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I thought that the 60 duro contributed to minimal vibrations....Broken in yet?

I'm looking to get the CPE mount when they become available again and hope that they don't "shake apart the car"
paradigmshift is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #18

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

hey yah i wanted to see how urs felt but your oil change was takin longer than my foglight issues lol...
that shit was really gay...its usually 1 hour tops, bad timing or something
7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
 Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
Team Überfrazn

labikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post

I'm looking to get the CPE mount when they become available again and hope that they don't "shake apart the car"
it's my first aftermarket motor mount so i don't know what to compare it to.but i've had it on for like 4000 miles and it's definitively more vibrations than stock even with the ac off.
- Mitch Hedberg
labikesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #20
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post

ill sell ya mine cuz im goin back to stock
 Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

why are you going back to stock?
 Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #22
k0m

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by clos561 View Post
why are you going back to stock?
cant stand the added vibes...especially when the AC's on
 Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol its so worth it tho, the whole no wheel hop and more power to the ground thing.