register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline Discussion of engine, tranny and drivelines.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #1

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,132 Times in 261 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Where is the front jack point in these pictures?

It's noob question time. Okay, I'm doing my first oil change. I managed to get the car jacked up, but I wasn't using the proper jack point, because I don't know where it is. There was some slight bending. I'm posting these pictures I took of the general area. Can someone please use photoshop or something to circle where the front, center jack point is?

Maybe by the time I'm done with the oil change, someone will have responded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0686.jpg (2.59 MB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0688.jpg (2.34 MB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0687.jpg (2.71 MB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (2.42 MB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0690.jpg (2.13 MB, 147 views)
shiweiluan likes this.
Zeya is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #2

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh and for the record, it doesn't say in the owner's manual. The OM only shows the side jack points (which I'm using for the jack stand points).
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
skeeter149@hotmail.com
Lurkers

dont see it in the pics but it is under the door sill under the front doors. look under the car about mid to front of the door(front door) and you will see the metal has a little indention in it. if my brother gives me my memory card back anytime soon i will take a pic but i will have one for you in a moment.
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skeeter149@hotmail.com View Post
dont see it in the pics but it is under the door sill under the front doors. look under the car about mid to front of the door(front door) and you will see the metal has a little indention in it. if my brother gives me my memory card back anytime soon i will take a pic but i will have one for you in a moment.
I know about the side indentations for the jack placement. Those ones are used for jacking up for changing a single tire, and in my case I'm jacking up the entire front of the car. I've put my jack stands in the indents you mention. I'm talking about the front cross member jack point under the front of the car. Thanks though.
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #5

aaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,755 Times in 2,351 Posts
Groans: 363
Groaned at 154 Times in 128 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Drive the car up onto some wood (I have 2x6s) and Jack the car up from the front at the circled point... For me it takes a good 30 seconds to a minute of pumping the jack to even get it going (no range of motion) but it works. I think this is what the service manual tells you to do too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0692 (Large).jpg (140.5 KB, 805 views)
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 - Sold
aaronC5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm talking about this jack point (see pic). That picture is from a service manual for the regular 3. Ours is a little different down there, and I'd like it if someone could pinpoint the jack point on one of my pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1100001.JPG (50.6 KB, 590 views)
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #7

aaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,755 Times in 2,351 Posts
Groans: 363
Groaned at 154 Times in 128 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

btw, get a motor mount or some inserts
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 - Sold
aaronC5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
Drive the car up onto some wood (I have 2x6s) and Jack the car up from the front at the circled point... For me it takes a good 30 seconds to a minute of pumping the jack to even get it going (no range of motion) but it works. I think this is what the service manual tells you to do too.
Awesome! Thanks aaronc7.
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
btw, get a motor mount or some inserts
Heh, yeah pretty soon. Thanks again.
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
skeeter149@hotmail.com
Lurkers

ok these are for the stock jack so if your using a jack other then i dont know how it will fair for you but they are the oem front well the passenger side one at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Crossbow (05-07-2008)
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #11

NYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,972 Times in 477 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i would also slip a board between the crossmember and the jack platform at the xmember
NYpest is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
skeeter149@hotmail.com
Lurkers

well since you already found them i usually use the a arm or around it if you find better post it for me
 Old 05-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NYpest View Post
i would also slip a board between the crossmember and the jack platform at the xmember
Yeah I think I'll do that when I go to jack it down. I bent the cross member a little.
 Old 05-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #14

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how much did it bend? thats not good sounding it shouldnt do that if proper positioning of the jack is used, wherever thats supposed to be..damn mazda
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #15

08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute08 SSM MS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A little late but WTH.

http://home.houston.rr.com/mach1must...ing%20Info.pdf
08 SSM MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bykeryder4life View Post
how much did it bend? thats not good sounding it shouldnt do that if proper positioning of the jack is used, wherever thats supposed to be..damn mazda
It didn't bend much at all. Really it was just some indents from the teeth on the top of the jack.

Mazda... yeah. I wish there was a bit more information in the owner's manual for this type of thing. The only jacking information in there is about changing a tire using the side jack points. I'd really like to get my hands on the service manual for the car to avoid these types of problems in the future.
 Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #17

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 for sure. we all would like to get our hands on a good manual thats actually useful at times like that. at least you didnt bend the shit outta your x-member
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #18

Hank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any more info or better pics of where the jacking point is?
Hank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #19

soul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can tell you with absolute certainty not to put the jack anywhere near the engine mount. I replaced my sway bars this weekend and my cross member is flat as a pancake now. I hope it doesn't screw anything major up or I'm gonna have to buy a new cross member and have in installed at the dealership. I think if you put it near the back of the cross member right in front of the exhaust hangers it works best. I think that's what the shop manual says. Definitely use a board to distribute the force.
soul.survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #20

dandydaniel will become famous soon enough
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

so I tried to jack it up at the spot on the cross member but I stopped cause my floor jack was making little indents where it was placed. I hope I didn't mess anything up did I? I've given up on trying to get this damn car on jack stands. this is ridiculous
dandydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #21

kingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the world
Thanked 15,316 Times in 599 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 48 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's suppose to be setup like your jack with that little slot. Get a chunk of rubber or don't worry about it.
 Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #22

Meder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the world
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have indention on my x member aswell, jacking this car up sucks.

Where is the rear jack point?
Meder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #23

redspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant futureredspeed has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

LOl, this thread has come a long way! I use a section of the front suspension that has a load bearing tube on top. I haven't looked at the rear, but any load bearing point will do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0690.jpg (1.58 MB, 894 views)
Autronic PNP StandAlone, 264 BC Cams, Unorthodox Cam Gears, 720cc Injectors, AEM short intake, GReddy IC, HKS IC pipes, HKS Boost controller, TB exhaust, DNP DP, DNP 02 pipe, Megan exhaust manifold, Ported Turbo, Light Flywheel, Triple Carbon clutch, TorqueSoutions engine mounts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #24
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,268 Times in 4,347 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just to set things straight here. You CAN jack up the car from the front cross member. It's a beefy cross member connecting to the front suspension and the engine. Trust me, you'd have to be The Hulk to bend that thing with a jack. Just be sure to use a piece of wood between the jack and the cross member. I've been doing my car this way since day one, it works well.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,286 Times in 588 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the x on the subframe behind the rear motor mount is listed as the front jack point in the shop manual.

the rear is just in the center of the rear subframe... there's a some sort of weight attached near the jack point.

Last edited by xcoldricex; 02-15-2009 at 11:30 AM.
xcoldricex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #26

phantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Neutral  +1 score     

Originally Posted by xcoldricex View Post
the x on the subframe behind the rear motor mount is listed as the front jack point in the shop manual.

the rear is just in the center of the rear subframe... there's a some sort of weight attached near the jack point.
Pictures for those visually inclined... this is from the '07 MS3 service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: png front_jack_position.png (20.8 KB, 1169 views)
File Type: png rear_jack_position.png (21.0 KB, 875 views)
phantom6294 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to phantom6294 For This Useful Post:
Dash08 (02-22-2009), EdMazdaMan (06-17-2012), Fenris (04-21-2011), Joshvar (05-15-2009), LatinKraze (03-03-2011), Night Wolf (03-08-2010), pixelNate (03-02-2013), The Frush (07-03-2009), treyclash (07-22-2010), Zeya (02-16-2009)
 Old 02-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #27

KeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the worldKeysMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

im visually inclined and a little nervous so thanks phantom. just got a jack and jacksatands from my co worker jacking her up for the motor mount should be a breeze now
KeysMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 AM   #28

116 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phantom6294 View Post
Pictures for those visually inclined... this is from the '07 MS3 service manual.
ahhh thanks, I was looking for these
116 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
Team Überfrazn

labikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

also if you look "X" marks the spot on the car. it's literally stamped right in.
- Mitch Hedberg
labikesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #30

The Frush will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phantom6294 View Post
Those are exactly the correct spots on the focus, so i will agree to use those points. then use the pinch weld area for the jack stands.... or use a lift like i get to at work lol
Some say he urinates 98 RON petrol, and that he can smell corners. No one knows when he was born, or how. But we do know why he was placed upon the Earth. To drive quickly. He has a penchant for prog rock, and rumour has it, likes his eggs sunny side up.......
All we know is he's called The STIG!!
The Frush is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #31

TegRacer324 is just really niceTegRacer324 is just really niceTegRacer324 is just really niceTegRacer324 is just really niceTegRacer324 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah don't jack up on the pinch welds where there's no indent. I did this and found out the hardway that it bends
TegRacer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #32

shpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the worldshpankey is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use the area just past the x-members on each side, just past them, towards the side of the car. It's hard to explain actually, but you'll see a 3 inch wide hunk of metal that is part of the frame. It won't bend or disform in any way shape or form. It's just past the front wheels, a few inches in from the body itself. I'll take a pic later. But I too bent the x-member when trying to use it and I just don't like using it at all anymore.

Last edited by shpankey; 12-30-2009 at 12:42 PM.
shpankey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #33

iNfEk is a jewel in the roughiNfEk is a jewel in the roughiNfEk is a jewel in the rough
Neutral  -1 score     

from what I've seen on the MS3 there isn't a viable jacking point on the frame that you can use. However... NORMALLY, YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS due to the risks. I have tried it and it works fine with no damage.

On the 08 MS3 oil pan (yes I did say oil pan)... ok breathe and let me explain.

there is a reinforced area that protrudes beyond the the level area of the pan. If you have a standard size jack (we used a 3 ton) and the jacking plate clears this area completely (circumference wise), the lowest part of the oil pan (the protruded area) will hit the bottom of the jacking plate and you can left the car there. I looked it over thoroughly before even attempting it and there is no reason why it's there other than that. The oil pan isn't thin walled either and it's quite heavy without oil.

The car will jack up slightly off balance (meaning not equally) due to it's location. Have a friend jack up the car and be ready to back off if something happens. We had the car suspended up in the area for a little while before lowering it down on to 3 ton jack stands at the location that "skeeter149@hotmail.com" pictured.

The only safe way to jack up the front of your car safely (without damage to the stock jacking points) would be with two separate stock jacks and have two people raise it at the same time. If you're solo you'll be constantly running back and forth to evenly raise the car safely. If you jack up one side with a jack then put the stand on then run to the other side and do the same thing you run the risk of the jack slipping out and causing more damage than an oil pan.

We didn't use the rubber fill piece that comes with some jacks on the jacking plate.

If you're scared... if you distribute the weight on a thing walled aluminum pan with a piece of wood that is another way you can jack up the car with the pan but you'd need to watch it carefully and make sure the wood doesn't hit anything or move out of place.

Hopes this helps...

I know I'm going to get a few comments back on this post but if you've ever taken off the oil pan or even disassembled the MZR 2.3L Turbo engine you'd know what I mean about the oil pan being reinforce and not thin walled.
iNfEk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to iNfEk For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #34

felt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,088 Times in 512 Posts
Groans: 1,364
Groaned at 589 Times in 386 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol @ jacking up from oil pan.
felt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #35

Bucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the worldBucker is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,615 Times in 1,494 Posts
Groans: 444
Groaned at 88 Times in 44 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Uhh, no, dont do that!
Bucker is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #36
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,243 Times in 752 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

this car has the most retarded jack points ive ever seen
forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #37

HLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,960 Times in 574 Posts
Groans: 109
Not Ranked  0 score     

i don't think that guy understands that, alright, so the oil pan won't get a hole through it... what about the engine mounts? i mean, i'm pretty sure engines aren't one piece with the frame... such a stupid idea lol
2008speed3 (11-09-2010)
 Old 11-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #38
Team Überfrazn

labikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by iNfEk View Post
from what I've seen on the MS3 there isn't a viable jacking point on the frame that you can use. However... NORMALLY, YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS due to the risks. I have tried it and it works fine with no damage.

On the 08 MS3 oil pan (yes I did say oil pan)... ok breathe and let me explain.

there is a reinforced area that protrudes beyond the the level area of the pan. If you have a standard size jack (we used a 3 ton) and the jacking plate clears this area completely (circumference wise), the lowest part of the oil pan (the protruded area) will hit the bottom of the jacking plate and you can left the car there. I looked it over thoroughly before even attempting it and there is no reason why it's there other than that. The oil pan isn't thin walled either and it's quite heavy without oil.

The car will jack up slightly off balance (meaning not equally) due to it's location. Have a friend jack up the car and be ready to back off if something happens. We had the car suspended up in the area for a little while before lowering it down on to 3 ton jack stands at the location that "skeeter149@hotmail.com" pictured.

The only safe way to jack up the front of your car safely (without damage to the stock jacking points) would be with two separate stock jacks and have two people raise it at the same time. If you're solo you'll be constantly running back and forth to evenly raise the car safely. If you jack up one side with a jack then put the stand on then run to the other side and do the same thing you run the risk of the jack slipping out and causing more damage than an oil pan.

We didn't use the rubber fill piece that comes with some jacks on the jacking plate.

If you're scared... if you distribute the weight on a thing walled aluminum pan with a piece of wood that is another way you can jack up the car with the pan but you'd need to watch it carefully and make sure the wood doesn't hit anything or move out of place.

Hopes this helps...

I know I'm going to get a few comments back on this post but if you've ever taken off the oil pan or even disassembled the MZR 2.3L Turbo engine you'd know what I mean about the oil pan being reinforce and not thin walled.
our engine/transmission mounts have enough problems keeping the engine where it is without having to deal with lifting the entire 60% of our car. this is advice that could result in fail only measurable by the philly-phailometer.

there is a jack point right by the rear engine mount. it's literally marked with an X.
- Mitch Hedberg
labikesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to labikesrcool For This Useful Post:
2008speed3 (11-09-2010)
 Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #39

kunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the world
Groans: 56
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hate to revive a dead thread, but whats the consensus on the best place to jack up and then place the jack stands on this car? Im about to do my first oil change on this car and im still not sure what the best procedure for getting this car up is?

Is the best place for the jack stands just medial to the pinch welds?
 Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #40
Approved MSF Vendor

predapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the world
Thanked 43,211 Times in 5,899 Posts
Groans: 177
Groaned at 162 Times in 105 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Medial to the pinch welds? What language is that?

Right behind the front tires, you'll see a space that's cut out, that's where you can put the jackstands.

Dash08: I don't see the whole pedophile thing, But Predapio is a dirty old bastard. So, I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
That's also why he fits in here. We're all a bunch of filthy, perverted, arrogant, pessimistic, self-righteous assholes who find entertainment at other peoples expense.
What a lovable bunch we are!!
predapio is online now   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/where-front-jack-point-these-pictures-5109/
Posted By For Type Date
2012 Mazda 3/Mazdaspeed 3 Forums - View Single Post - Floor Jack points on a 2010 MS3 This thread Refback 01-06-2013 07:02 PM
Floor Jack points on a 2010 MS3 - 2012 Mazda 3/Mazdaspeed 3 Forums This thread Refback 11-01-2012 03:33 AM
MS3 Jack points This thread Refback 11-15-2008 02:01 PM