register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #1

dynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Post 4wd light blinking on and off

I was driving home from my morning classes and when i get off the highway, my 4wd light start to blink on and off. It didn't stop even after i got home and parked. This is the first time i have experienced this problem before. Once i turned the car off and then back on again, the light was off. Should i be concerned about this or no?
dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #2

speedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do you have different rims or tires on or is everything the same at all 4 corners? also rear diff or transfer case fluid been changed recently or at all?
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 - Ptp SST, Cobb AP, SSP 3.5" Intake, SURE Sidewinder, Autotech HPFP Internals, PTP 2150 psi HPRV, Cp-e Injector Seals, PTP Injector Studs, Jbarone TIG's, VTCS Delete, ETS 3.25" TMIC, M2 Catless Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, MD OCC, Denso ITV 22, H & R springs, Energy Suspension Rear Sway Bar Bushings, Dashhawk, Hawk HPs Pads, Centric Rotors, Street Unit Rear Motor Mount, TWM Stage II Shifter with Solid Bushings and Weighted Shift Knob, Autometer Mechanical Boost Gauge
speedms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #3

dynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of lightdynamix is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

wheels and tires are stock and i am scheduled with the dealer this saturday to have my diff fluid changed?

** I just checked my tires and i found that i have a lump in my passenger rear tire.
 Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #4

Sid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,403 Times in 3,993 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Place elecrical tape over the blinking light n it wont bother u any more.
As for the lump seriously be careful, lumps lead to blowouts wich equals very bad. Change that tire out pronto

Sid3wayS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sid3wayS For This Useful Post:
xfeejayx (01-04-2012)
 Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah the tape could work if it bothers me alot lol.

I bought a spare rim and tire a few weeks back in case i ever get a flat somewhere or something. I plan on changing that out in the morning.
 Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #6

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,692 Times in 979 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is the lump on the tread or on the wall of the tire? i'd be surprised if a sidewall lump threw a light, and i'd be surprised if you didnt feel a tread lump while driving.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

it was on the tread and i actually never noticed it until i drove on the hughway. I usually drive on small streets majority of the time.
 Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #8

Matx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the worldMatx is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 18 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how old is the tire? what kind/brand of tire is it
14 Wrangler

Originally Posted by backward_0 View Post
.... I will be more than happy to fuck your world off....
Matx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #9

quad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputequad4svtspeed6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely check the tread depth of the front tires vs the rear....doesnt take much difference to cause the rear diff to engage unnecessarily....before getting new tires i would get the blinking 4wd light, but it was only on long drives of 100 miles or so never got the light in normal city stop and go traffic...
 Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The tires are proxes 4s and they were on the car when i bought it. They are half worn but i plan on changing them out this week, there noisy especially when i go on the highway.

it hasnt come on during stop and go traffic just this one time when i drove on the highway. I was on the highway most of the day today and it didnt come on at all.

Last edited by dynamix; 01-06-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i checked the tread depths and there was a noticable difference between the front and rears. I ended up putting new tires on all corners. I ended up getting some Federal 595s really cheap. Light has come back on since.
 Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #12

671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world671 grains of reason is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

check/change out the rear end fluid yet?

formerly pursuit_special
671 grains of reason is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #13

scubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,034 Times in 437 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dynamix View Post
i checked the tread depths and there was a noticable difference between the front and rears. I ended up putting new tires on all corners. I ended up getting some Federal 595s really cheap. Light has come back on since.

Has or Hasn't??
scubasteve711 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

my bad hasn't come back on.
 Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #15

Karmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,158 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It was due to the lump as it increased the rolling circumference of the wheel. It overheated the rear diff which caused the light to flash.

I had it happen to me when I had 2 different sets of 245/40 tires and the circumferences differed.
Karmat is offline   Reply With Quote