register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #1

needforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Automatic Climate Control Question

Hey Guys,

I just got my MS6 about a month ago. It is getting pretty cold here in MI (in the mornings it is upper 30's). Anyway, when I turn my auto climate control on and set it to 70 degrees, it still shows that the air conditioning is on. It is blowing warm air, but the a/c button is lit up. Does the A/C always run in auto mode?
needforspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #2

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you hit the auto mode button it will, once you turn the speed of the fan it should turn off the auto climate, i have a ms3
7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
clos561 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #3

needforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeneedforspeed6 has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Problem is, I would like to be able to use my auto climate control without having the ac running all the time (Especially in the winter)
 Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #4

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

use the right wheel to adjust temp and unpush the ac button
7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
clos561 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

N118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the worldN118GT is the leader of the world
Groans: 56
Groaned at 25 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm assuming the MS6 auto climate control works similar to the MS3. If that's the case, the auto CC works with varying degrees of automation.

IE. Set a vent location and it will still maintain the temperature without changing your vent settings. I believe it will continue to work with the a/c off, and will attempt to keep the cabin to what you have selected, without the a/c, which won't be a problem in the winter.

Another thing to consider is that because the a/c light is on doesn't mean the compressor is running, it just really indicates that the climate control has the discretion to run the compressor if it decides that it's necessary.

N118GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #6

fjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the worldfjames is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The way I look at it (ms3) it's always in auto, but pressing "auto" adds vent and fan control. I never use "auto." It works great for me maintaining temps, and I have full control over fan, vent and AC when needed.

Edit: I almost always have split vent in, but if you change to floor/defrost it cycles compressor without the light.
 Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #7

memin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 33 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #8

retrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by needforspeed6 View Post
Problem is, I would like to be able to use my auto climate control without having the ac running all the time (Especially in the winter)
It doesn't mean the A/C compressor is running. The light just means it is enabled. The A/C is used in cold climates to dehumidify the air. It will only come on when it needs to.

Hey, do my fingers smell like your mother?
retrobmx63 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the clarification guys!