register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #1

badorder81 has a spectacular aura aboutbadorder81 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default CV Axle Help

I need to replace my front cv axles. I have looked for a quality replacement cv axle with not much luck. I have called raxles and the driveshaft shop and neither one carry them. My only luck has been with autozone, oreillys or rock auto. I also emailed axles unlimited and they carry one for $170 plus shipping but I have not been able to find anyone who has ever used them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by badorder81; 05-03-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: less bs
badorder81 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #2

Dawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had similar happen on my Nissan years ago. Basically I struck a curb too hard and fucked up the CV portion of the axle. The axle is designed to slide in and out as your ride height changes (bumps etc) to not put strain on the trans and hubs. If the CV gets out of whack, it will click like a bastard and eventually fail. It's not hard to replace (not sure on these cars as I have not changed one on my MS3). Chances are you will need to drain the gear oil out of the transmission so have that on hand.

Also, if you replace one, replace them both. I'm not incredibly sure why that's suggested, but something I've always heard.

Last edited by Dawgbizkitz; 05-03-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: More info
Dawgbizkitz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #3

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,176 Times in 7,219 Posts
Groans: 345
Groaned at 491 Times in 371 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

didnt he tell u to change the axle???

so what else is there to discuss???

i didnt really read the shit...but seems like u want someone to tell u to just fill up the tires with more air and it will be ok.
 Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #4

Dawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond reputeDawgbizkitz has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lenny127 View Post
didnt he tell u to change the axle???

so what else is there to discuss???

i didnt really read the shit...but seems like u want someone to tell u to just fill up the tires with more air and it will be ok.
I'd have flamed him too, but at least this one donated and it was something a little more in depth than what BPV should I buy.
 Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,176 Times in 7,219 Posts
Groans: 345
Groaned at 491 Times in 371 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dawgbizkitz View Post
I'd have flamed him too, but at least this one donated and it was something a little more in depth than what BPV should I buy.
i didnt read your post either asshole
Dawgbizkitz (05-03-2011)
 Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #6

badorder81 has a spectacular aura aboutbadorder81 has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shit, I was gonna try putting more air in the tires tonight in hopes that it would fix the problem. Guess that wont work. My question was geared more towards where I could find a quality replacement part versus the remanufactored shit they sell at autozone and oreillys
 Old 05-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by badorder81 View Post
Shit, I was gonna try putting more air in the tires tonight in hopes that it would fix the problem. Guess that wont work. My question was geared more towards where I could find a quality replacement part versus the remanufactored shit they sell at autozone and oreillys
Try rockauto.com...I've ordered shit from them in the past and was always oem quality at a better price and it's not hard to find a 5-10% discount code for them...
 Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
Banned

Tech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 28 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by badorder81 View Post
I need to replace my front cv axles. I have looked for a quality replacement cv axle with not much luck. I have called raxles and the driveshaft shop and neither one carry them. My only luck has been with autozone, oreillys or rock auto. I also emailed axles unlimited and they carry one for $170 plus shipping but I have not been able to find anyone who has ever used them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Call Marty and tell him your sending in your axles for repair. Tell him Stefan sent you to send them in. I will inform him a pair is on the way and to rebuild them unless you found a replacement already.
Tech/Sales@EM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #9

86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,366 Times in 1,712 Posts
Groans: 305
Groaned at 89 Times in 46 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rebuilt ones seem to be acceptable quality, did one 3 weeks agoish on my integra. What's the rate on the autozone crap.
Tial QR BPV, SURE TIG's, ITV24's,
CP-E 75d RMM, Medefail Tranny mount, 18x8 245/40's
390whp/400wtq
12.82@114
86AmishMs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
Banned

Tech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the worldTech/Sales@EM is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rebuilt can be different quality. I can assure you that. Autozone, NAPA, Advanced Auto use Chinese cvs. Their are better companies that will rebuild axles with high quality German parts for only slightly higher cost. Well worth it in my opinion.
 Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #11

AequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the worldAequitasVeritas is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

About how much does rebuilding cost normally?
2007 Mazdaspeed3 | MS CAI | Cobb AP | KW V1 | DBA Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads | Samco Boost Hoses | HKS Hi-Power | ATP Long Catless Downpipe | Ingall's Stiffy | ACT 6 Puck Sprung Kit | TRZ RMM | AutoTech HPFP | Cobb STS | Denso ITV-22 |
AequitasVeritas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #12
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

~160 with new joints, boots and grease.