register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree8Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #1

RhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,476 Times in 403 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default MS6 Exhaust Thread

The Genpu guys have an awesome thread so I figured we need this too. Plus it should help nix the newb "which exhaust" thread. I'll have someone make one for the Gen1 MS3 too.

This thread is meant to be the go to thread for MS6 exhaust systems. I've listed all available options. I won't post any sound clips in the OP but you are more than welcome to post one if you like. Please be sure to state your mods in your post as well. And before you request a sound clip...please SEARCH YouTube first on your own!! There's endless vids already posted there and have been for years. Simply search "MS6 (insert brand)" and I'm certain you'll find several clips that will help you.

Feel free to discuss your impressions of the exhaust you have installed. Too loud? Perfect growl? Does it drone?

There is already a Downpipe thread, so this thread is only for catback/axleback systems. I'm also not listing any mufflers (short of the axleback kit from AE). Everyone has their own favorite muffler that they can have any exhaust shop weld in. This thread is listing full CBE systems. The prices listed are approximate retail. You may find them cheaper thru any of our vendors, or used. And of course you can always find great deals in our F/S Section.

Note: Prices listed are ball park. You may be able to find better deals from various websites. It's up to you to find the best price.

Here is a helpful diagram from StreetUnit explaining all the parts of the MS6 exhaust section:

AutoExe Axleback Mufflers - $1,880

Corksport 80mm Dual CBE - $700

CP-E 3" Single CBE - $690

CP-E 3" Dual CBE - $1020 (+$100 for resonator)

ETS 3" Dual CBE - $1100

GHL 3" Dual CBE - $940

Magnaflow 2.5/2.25" Dual CBE - $800
- Taken from magnaflow.com:
- L4 2.3L; Mazdaspeed 6
- 5 x 8 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5/2.25in. Tubing; 4.0in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

SURE has a CBE in the works for us too. I'll update with price/pic of it once it's released.
rhoadblock- the ms6 that will never run again

Last edited by RhoadBlock; 02-29-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
RhoadBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RhoadBlock For This Useful Post:
Alpha (12-29-2011), DISIindahead (12-29-2011), Ingle (02-09-2012), mayer (02-24-2012), Micha (01-31-2014), MS6FL (12-29-2011), Muzzybud (05-14-2016), Poohster (12-31-2011), psychophyr (12-29-2011), Raider (12-29-2011), TheSchimann (04-19-2012), TiGraySpeed6 (12-29-2011), xfeejayx (04-03-2012)
 Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #2

psychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the worldpsychophyr is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,055 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for this! It's very helpful for new people looking for options. I have a clip to contribute for magnaflow.

And link to my thread if you want pics and stuff.

Magnaflow CBE with Catless ATP DP
SpeedPerf6rmanc3 10.6:1 Pistons, PI Fuel Kit, PnP Head, 75mm TB, Pinned Cams/Keyed Crank, 11mm H11 Head Studs \\ PT&E PT6266 CEA BB S-Comp. \\ Manley H+ Rods \\ JMF V2 PI Intake Mani w/ Bosch 1000cc Injectors
Squash Performance Top Hat w/ Dual DW300 Pumps \\ AEM FPR \\ Split Second AIC1 \\ CP-e LRT Ex. Mani, SAFEseals, RDM, EGRD \\ SURE TMM, PMM, Juggernaut, Anchors \\ TiAL MVR, Q \\ Bosch 4 Bar MAP
HTP 4" Intake \\ Autotech HPFP Internals \\ ATP Catless DP \\ ACT HD 6-Puck w/ Streetlite FW \\ Cobb AP \\ Treadstone TR10 \\ Magnaflow CBE \\ MSD Dashhawk \\ JBR SSP, BSD, RMM
Stratified EBCS \\ Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line \\ H&R Coilovers \\ SPC BJs \\ Rotora Drilled/Slotted Rotors \\ H2 Ceramic Pads \\ Enkei EKM3 7.5+45 \\ VG Sharkfin \\ RHO-Plate

Most powerful MS6 720/584 @42psi E42 9Oct13 Tuned by NISHAN
psychophyr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,110 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no video (yet), but im running no cats, no muffler 3". fuck yea its loud.

i love it. people notice all around. car is low to the ground, theres shitty drivers here, so id like to be noticed to the soccer mom on her phone in the SUV with her side mirrors pointed to the sky.
yawdms6 likes this.

NASA Time Trials/Time Attack, Global Time Attack

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Speed3Pedro (10-06-2016)
 Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #4

RhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ran a single exit CP-E with the 14" resonator and no mufflers, and an old school SU test pipe. We don't need a dual exit on a 4 banger imo & it's the lightest CBE available. Loved it. Awesome growl at idle, loud & great tone at WOT. Not bad at all for daily driving imo.

Then I installed a catless CPE DP & DNP turbo mani. Holy shit that was loud. Idle wasn't too bad, but start-up & WOT were fucking bananas. Neighbors hated me, especially coming home after 3 in the morning. Droned like a motherfucker on the interstate. My system had to be cranked so loud to not hear the exhaust lol.

No vids of it, but there's probably some you can find on youtube of others with similar setups.
 Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #5

smokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

old set up was a corksport downpipe, corksport catted mid pipe and magnaflow exhaust. dynoed on a mustang dyno and got 250whp and 275 tq. EFI Logics said the reason why it was so low in numbers may be because of the restriction from the magnaflow exhaust. he couldn't figure it out. that and maybe my 50/50 bov.

so i recently switched from a bov to a greddy bpv ( love the sound) and picked up a ghl exhaust ( had a guy who wanted to trade to a quieter exhaust due to issues with cops)

so current setup is corksport downpipe, corksport catted mid pipe and ghl 3inch exhaust and i love the sound. very similar to any sti in my opinion.

i also want to point out what magnaflow says about their exhaust system

L4 2.3L; Mazdaspeed 6
5 x 8 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5/2.25in. Tubing; 4.0in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

showing its not a full 2.5 in exhaust. another reason why the tuner felt my car was so restricted
smokeys36shop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #6

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Question on the AUtoExe axleback- holy crap, please let that price be a typo??????

AutoExe Axleback Mufflers - $1,880

I'm running M2 catless down pipe (aka: the ebay dp) connected to OEM exhaust. Performs well enough, and has nice snarl to it which has been improving as the dp has mellowed (or developed it's coating of soot/black shit inside)

will be adding a magnaflow system when I get around to it....
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Duly noted. I'll add the full Magnaflow dimensional description along with it.

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
Question on the AUtoExe axleback- holy crap, please let that price be a typo??????
Nope. Everything AE is unimaginably expensive. But all their stuff is "real JDM" and comes straight from Japan.
The Following User Says Thank You to RhoadBlock For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (12-29-2011)
 Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #8

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

geez, could fly to japan, including room & board once there, source my own raw materials, manufacture it myself, fly back and still save monies

damn.
We Are Ninja likes this.
340hp / 371tq
 Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #9

smokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond reputesmokeys36shop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

geez, could fly to japan, including room & board once there, source my own raw materials, manufacture it myself, fly back and still save monies

damn.
honest opinion here. if your looking for an exhaust look for a 3inch one and skip the magnaflow. for the price all your really paying for are the larger mufflers and better quality piping. the size of the pipe remains almost the same as stock ( i think after the Y pipe might be a little larger...stock is 1.75" and magnaflow is 2.25" correct me if i am wrong ). i kicked myself after i bought magnaflow.. while doing alot of research on it and hearing other peoples 3 inch exhaust cars these past few years of owning the magnaflow exhaust made me want something better....and i am very happy i switched to a 3inch exhaust.

idk tigrayspeed6....based on your mods i think your looking for something thats better...not almost the same as stock. you have a downpipe and such...sounds like it would be a waste not to go 3". just my opinion tho so don't take it personal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokeys36shop For This Useful Post:
KusteLokal (01-30-2013), TiGraySpeed6 (12-29-2011)
 Old 12-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also, there is always the option of hitting up a local muffler shop, having them fab you up something (usually between $300-$400, sometimes even cheaper) and support one of your local businesses. Granted the stuff usually isn't mandrel bent, but local muffler shops are badass imho. I'm all for supporting local businesses and shit.

Just throwing that $.02 out there.

and for staying quiet, if you're just looking for a bit of a bump and nicer exhaust note, Magnaflow is cool. I'd still pick up a 3" with a good muffler and weld in a good resonator. My other $.02.

Great, now I'm completely penniless.
 Old 12-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

You'd think, huh? I've certainly asked myself the same question a number of times!

Nope, no desire for the volume, drone or tenth of a percent performance increase. I is an old man and this is my daily, often running the family around too.

catless dp & mf gives me a majority of the performance, and will be deep & quieter than average when wanted, and volume control by right toe when playing.

Here's a good reference point- if I had the cash to replace my turbo, lets say up to the level that dougiefresh has gone, that's not what I'd do. I'd get a BNR stage 1 and bank the remainder. Add to that the fact that I've managed to go this long without diff mounts and you get a good sense of my driving style and goals
340hp / 371tq
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
RhoadBlock (12-29-2011)
 Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

You'd think, huh? I've certainly asked myself the same question a number of times!

Nope, no desire for the volume, drone or tenth of a percent performance increase. I is an old man and this is my daily, often running the family around too.

catless dp & mf gives me a majority of the performance, and will be deep & quieter than average when wanted, and volume control by right toe when playing.

Here's a good reference point- if I had the cash to replace my turbo, lets say up to the level that dougiefresh has gone, that's not what I'd do. I'd get a BNR stage 1 and bank the remainder. Add to that the fact that I've managed to go this long without diff mounts and you get a good sense of my driving style and goals
well from personal experience driving with downpipe,midpipe and magnaflow exhaust its a nice growl. in low rpms around 40mph in 5th gear it sounds very much like stock. only until you get on it will it give a nice tone in my opinion. compared to what i have now. the only time you won't get noise is 40 mph in 6th gear lol...

the magnaflow setup can be compared to the stock gen2 exhaust on a cold start in my opinion. my daily driver isn't the speed6. my 2011 speed 3 so i don't mind the louder exhaust on the 6
TiGraySpeed6 likes this.
 Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,648 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

3 inch straight pipes one resonator no cats, header wrapped till y bend 2.5 dual exits

[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

rhoadblock add this also
ETS Dual Exit Cat-Back Exhaust System
Application: Mazdaspeed 6
Material: Stainless Steel
Piping Diameter: 3" catback to 2.5" dual outlets

notice how its not a full 3 inch exhaust

also corksports exhaust specs are more than 3"
80mm = 3.15" exhaust
 Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll note the ETS 2.5" outlets. I already had CS's listed as 80mm. 80mm just sounds less gay than 3.15"
The Following User Says Thank You to RhoadBlock For This Useful Post:
Jh8909 (12-30-2011)
 Old 12-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

also change the price on the magnaflow to $455.95

per this site - Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System for Mazdaspeed 6 #16609 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

i am sure there are cheaper places

also if there are fans of streetunit here looking to buy from them and get free shipping they will price match the rpm site. i ordered my old magnaflow from streetunit for $455 shipped

Originally Posted by RhoadBlock View Post
I'll note the ETS 2.5" outlets. I already had CS's listed as 80mm. 80mm just sounds less gay than 3.15"
lol good point

Last edited by smokeys36shop; 12-29-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #17

jrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by smokeys36shop View Post
old set up was a corksport downpipe, corksport catted mid pipe and magnaflow exhaust. dynoed on a mustang dyno and got 250whp and 275 tq. EFI Logics said the reason why it was so low in numbers may be because of the restriction from the magnaflow exhaust. he couldn't figure it out. that and maybe my 50/50 bov.

so i recently switched from a bov to a greddy bpv ( love the sound) and picked up a ghl exhaust ( had a guy who wanted to trade to a quieter exhaust due to issues with cops)

so current setup is corksport downpipe, corksport catted mid pipe and ghl 3inch exhaust and i love the sound. very similar to any sti in my opinion.

i also want to point out what magnaflow says about their exhaust system

L4 2.3L; Mazdaspeed 6
5 x 8 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5/2.25in. Tubing; 4.0in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

showing its not a full 2.5 in exhaust. another reason why the tuner felt my car was so restricted

Reviving this thread a bit...

That's the setup I'm going to be going with, purchasing DP this week.

Will be CS DP, TXS RP, Magnaflow CBE. But will be getting the CS catted RP next month or sooner, and hopefully by summer CS CBE. (Or working with someone on a GHL)

My question is...How was the fitment of the 3" CS to the smaller 2.5" Magnaflow? What did you do to make it work?
Forge V1 | CPE TMIC
Magnaflow CBE | Corksport DP | TXS RP
COBB AP | Autotech Internals
JBR SSP | JBR Shift Weight | JBR Knob
Denso ITV22

2012 MS3 w/Tech - Hit and traded
Velocity Red Mica
COBB SRI | COBB TIP

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT - Totaled
Liquid Platinum Metallic

CS Stage 2 | COBB AP | CPE HPFP

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Black Mica

CS Stage 2 | CS BPV | CS TBE
COBB AP | CPE HPFP | CPE TMIC
DM RMM
jrlms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jrlms6 View Post
Reviving this thread a bit...

That's the setup I'm going to be going with, purchasing DP this week.

Will be CS DP, TXS RP, Magnaflow CBE. But will be getting the CS catted RP next month or sooner, and hopefully by summer CS CBE. (Or working with someone on a GHL)

My question is...How was the fitment of the 3" CS to the smaller 2.5" Magnaflow? What did you do to make it work?
exhaust flanges were the same..but i used a donut gasket to make sure i didn't get any leaks. i don't remember the size tho. Just took the test pipe to autozone
 Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #19

jrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

exhaust flanges were the same..but i used a donut gasket to make sure i didn't get any leaks. i don't remember the size tho. Just took the test pipe to autozone
Alright good to hear. Did you do the install yourself?

I'll probably purchase the CS donut gasket with the points from the DP.

Before reading your posts I was going to wait it out and see if I liked the DP/Magnaflow combo...but after I think I'm just going to do 3" regardless

Plus, it's so quiet...want a little more bang to it.
Forge V1 | CPE TMIC
Denso ITV22

Velocity Red Mica
COBB SRI | COBB TIP

Liquid Platinum Metallic

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Black Mica

DM RMM
 Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jrlms6 View Post
Alright good to hear. Did you do the install yourself?

I'll probably purchase the CS donut gasket with the points from the DP.

Before reading your posts I was going to wait it out and see if I liked the DP/Magnaflow combo...but after I think I'm just going to do 3" regardless

Plus, it's so quiet...want a little more bang to it.
i would recommend the 3" over the magnaflow in all honesty. for the power and the sound. i am very happy with it. your some what local.. i will be going to the OCC meet this year. if your going and want to hear my set up feel free to stop and chat.
 Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

i would recommend the 3" over the magnaflow in all honesty. for the power and the sound. i am very happy with it. your some what local.. i will be going to the OCC meet this year. if your going and want to hear my set up feel free to stop and chat.
Sometimes I kick myself for getting the Magnaflow and not going for 3" (over a year ago now).

Unfortunately, I'm not going to the OCC meet, but man I would love to hear the setup. Doesn't seem like many GHL's out there.

I've been tossing around the idea of pairing the CS DP/RP with Cp-e single with resonator AND muffler to tone it down a bit. But really just wanting dual for aesthetic purposes.
Forge V1 | CPE TMIC
Denso ITV22

Velocity Red Mica
COBB SRI | COBB TIP

Liquid Platinum Metallic

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Black Mica

DM RMM
 Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #22

Lost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the worldLost hawaiian is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Go 3 inch.. I have the corksport and it was louder than I liked. I added a resonator and love it now. I like the sound but the wife hated it. So I had to tone it down a little.. Got to keep the woman happy right.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
 Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #23

Fillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud ofFillups66 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 17 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So is there really any point with going witg a dual exhaust setup, or is it just personal preference?
Fillups66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

no benefit
 Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #25

rainking is just really nicerainking is just really nicerainking is just really nicerainking is just really nicerainking is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Remus Mazda 6 MPS Limousine Typ CG ab 05

Mazda 6 MPS Limousine Typ CG ab 05 $1500

Auto Tuning Store

Easy install. Subtle sound. Recommended.

Pics will show restrictions at "Y" for dual exhaust. No drone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MPS_Remus_2.jpg (130.5 KB, 193 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4570050700.pdf (151.2 KB, 204 views)
Mazdaspeed 6 | 2006 | GT | Liquid Platinum Metallic | AutoExe TMIC | Corksport LED Kit, Fog Light Kit (in the box), Urethane Exhaust Hangers, Transmission Mount Insert (in the box) | Remus CBE | Forge BPV v2 | Mazdaspeed Forged Wheels by Ray's Engineering | Mazdaspeed CAI | AutoExe Low Down Springs | Bilstein HD Series Shocks | Whiteline RSB | cp-e xFlex Rear Differential Mount | Turbine Tech Forward Rear Differential Mount | DSS Rear Axles | Roof Rack | Hitch Rack | Daily Driver

Last edited by rainking; 06-16-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added picture
rainking is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #26
2zz mr-s

Not Ranked  0 score     

someone buy my apocalypse pipe
 Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #27

ahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to beholdahilldru is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm a total n00b to tuning. Never had any money or a car worth putting money into. For the 3" CBE systems, would I need an adapter of some kind to join the stock cat to the new parts? Also, do these systems pass state inspections or have issues with warranties?
ahilldru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,232 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Depends on the upgraded exhaust system. Our exhaust for example will connect to the stock second cat or a larger diameter racepipe but it is 80mm (3 inch) at the cat connection. Some exhausts neck down to 2.25 at the catalyst connection.

-Derrick

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorkSport For This Useful Post:
ahilldru (08-17-2012), mexicutioner (09-30-2014)
 Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #29

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,116 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ill definatley check my local shop but this thread is awesome!
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #30

Weston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to beholdWeston is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

How is the CP-E full non-catted DP with single exit exhaust? (resonated with muffler)

Not worried about numbers, but would that be obnoxiously loud and drone?
 Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #31

fivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Weston View Post
How is the CP-E full non-catted DP with single exit exhaust? (resonated with muffler)

Not worried about numbers, but would that be obnoxiously loud and drone?
3" so it will probably drone a bit. mine does but i got used to it or just avoid it as much as possible. dont really hear it much cruising on the highway because i listen to my music loud. the cpe single is loud but the obnoxious part is subjective. the resonator and muffler should help quite a bit though. cpe single sounds like sex btw. sometimes i wish i got that. i say you get it
2006 White Water Pearl Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring #5430

HTA3076 Tial .82 Turbine Housing, CPE tial Mani, Tial MVR 44mm 20psi spring VTA

DO Stage 2 Meth w/ D07 & 100% - NJSPEED3 PnPed IM - HTP 3" TIP - SSP BigMAF SRI w/ AEM Dryflow and filter wrap - GS EBCS - Fabbed M2 Catless DP - Autotech HPFP Internals - Cobb AP - Custom 2.5" w/ TR8 FMIC - GHL Resonated Dual Catback Exhaust - TS/SU DP BOV - SP63 Aux Fan

Old: BNR S3 370/380 VD 91 + Meth
BNR S3 400/410 VD E21 + Meth - Dyno confirmed: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f338/mazdaspeed6-bnr-s3-dyno-400-410-a-180820/
fivefingerdeathpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fivefingerdeathpunch For This Useful Post:
Weston (09-24-2012)
 Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #32

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,116 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

has anyone heard if the SURE CBE came out?
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #33

fivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rymanmazda View Post
has anyone heard if the SURE CBE came out?
hasnt yet. they are releasing the speed3 one first and that hasnt come out yet. i thought they said it would be soon though so maybe within a couple months. you can ask one of the sure guys though... they are generally cool about giving that information out.

DO Stage 2 Meth w/ D07 & 100% - NJSPEED3 PnPed IM - HTP 3" TIP - SSP BigMAF SRI w/ AEM Dryflow and filter wrap - GS EBCS - Fabbed M2 Catless DP - Autotech HPFP Internals - Cobb AP - Custom 2.5" w/ TR8 FMIC - GHL Resonated Dual Catback Exhaust - TS/SU DP BOV - SP63 Aux Fan

BNR S3 400/410 VD E21 + Meth - Dyno confirmed: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f338/mazdaspeed6-bnr-s3-dyno-400-410-a-180820/
The Following User Says Thank You to fivefingerdeathpunch For This Useful Post:
rymanmazda (10-01-2012)
 Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #34

Nathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the worldNathan 6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have they given any info on pricing and design? Sure makes high quality shit.. wouldn't mind picking one up and selling the magna flow.

Sent from my HTC EVO V 4G using Tapatalk 2

2006 LPM MS6 @ 112k
COBB AP/SRI || CS TIP || AT Internals || M2 DP || MF CBE
CXR FMIC || JBR SSP || JBR weighted knob || Centric Blank Rotors
Hawk HPS Pads || PS Boost in Block8Head pod || Kenwood 12
Alpine M500 || XCarLink || CarLED Tails || VG Sharkfin
Nathan 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

545$ for gen1 speed3. guess thats the only one thats about to be released. i assume because its single outlet. dunno what they are doing for us and the genpus though

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...xhaust-121208/

Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #36

IamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone have any thoughts on CP-E's 3" single outlet exhaust with a muffler, no resonator, and a catless m2 DP? I am thinking it is going to be too loud/drone for a DD or even highway cruising. Thoughts?
 Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #37

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,779 Times in 3,854 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am on stock DP, gutted TP, and am about to have the cp-e single-exit CBE installed, the off-road version. Can post some clips if you are interested.

I will be adding the cp-e hi-flow DP in a few weeks too.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #38

KevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the worldKevMS6 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

My exhaust drones like mad, really does my head in some days but sounds great when put the foot down... has anyone else installed resonator on the 6?
really considering one... its a custom built exhaust i have and the back boxes are a bit small.
is fitting resonator a suitable solution to drone?
Cpe tmic&sri, 3" HTP tip, 3" ebay downpipe, BNR stage1, Autotech internals, Snow stage 2 meth with Aqaumist jet/parts, GoFastBits Respons BOV, Grimmspeed ebcs 3-port, Turbinetech diff mount, Cpe diff brace, Whiteline rarb, Bilstein B8's, Eibach springs, NGK iridium IX plugs, Corksport Mods, JBR mods... 324whp 361lb/ft
Tuned with by
KevMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #39

IamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the worldIamJamen is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
I am on stock DP, gutted TP, and am about to have the cp-e single-exit CBE installed, the off-road version. Can post some clips if you are interested.

I will be adding the cp-e hi-flow DP in a few weeks too.
I'm really interested in noise levels with CP-E's 12" muffler installed. There is a potential group buy in the making and I would love to get in on it if the noise/drone isn't too loud for a DD.
 Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #40

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's mine. The secret is the resonated race pipe. Stock DP, Corksport Power Series Race Pipe, 3" exhaust to 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers made by local exhaust shop. As a side bonus, the shop uses the stock exhaust bezels which look great instead of replacing them with tips.

This is one of my favorite exhausts I have ever had on a car. Quiet inside besides a nice low tone, zero drone and I can hear it when I want to.

dustinarden likes this.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
xfeejayx (06-16-2013)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f106/mazdaspeed-6-exhaust-thread-100795/
Posted By For Type Date
MS6 Exhaust Thread - Mazdaspeed Forums This thread Refback 01-15-2012 08:40 PM