register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vbt101

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #1

vbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Oxygen sensor replacement

I need to replace the primary O2 sensor on my MS3. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get this part?
vbt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vbt101 For This Useful Post:
LoganSF (09-22-2016)
 Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,690 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your local dealer will probably match any online price you find.. You just have to ask them too..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #3

vbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. I didn't realize there were aftermarket alternatives for our wideband O2s.

Looks like it'll cost around $150 new.
Bosch Front Oxygen Sensor

Does this seem right? I thought these sensors were in the $300 range.
Emp_ms6 likes this.
 Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #4

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,690 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

They were, for the first year or two. I ordered a replacement when I did my first downpipe in 06 and it was about $390..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay, I'm confused...

Check out the following image:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...25/zacscar.jpg

The one with the 2 connectors, that's primary O2 sensor, correct? I hope so, because that's how I have mine hooked up. But, now, I bought a replacement one, and it looks like the one with one connector.

After-cat O2 sensor (secondary): Bosch Oxygen Sensor

Pre-cat O2 sensor (the one I bought, primary):
Bosch Front Oxygen Sensor

I think I switched my primary and secondary when I installed my DP. Can someone confirm?
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #6

OMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What kind of CELs do you have?

Originally Posted by Andrew85 View Post
Wow kid... how about LOL @ you for being a piece of garbage without a purpose in life. For one thing, im not really bragging, just sharing an experience. Another thing is that you like men and your opinions dont count cause you take it up the poop shute.
OMGWTFHAX is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lean at idle. I forget the code #. (which I think is caused by my SB.)

The CEL wasn't the reason that I picked up the new sensor. It's because I stripped the threads, and after rethreading the sensor enough times, it keeps popping out with any real spirited driving.
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #8

OMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well the secondary 02 has one connector, and I believe the primary has two connectors. You might want to double check your part numbers.

Wow kid... how about LOL @ you for being a piece of garbage without a purpose in life. For one thing, im not really bragging, just sharing an experience. Another thing is that you like men and your opinions dont count cause you take it up the poop shute.
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can anyone verify? All the primary sensor pics I'm finding on the web are indicating the primary has 2 connectors.

edit: 1 connector*
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

I just replaced the secondary last week and there was only one connector. I 99% sure the primary has two connectors.

The Following User Says Thank You to OMGWTFHAX For This Useful Post:
vbt101 (01-21-2010)
 Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet. So, now I just need to figure out which of those sensors I actually need. The Bosch that I got says wideband a/f sensor on the box, too. So, now I don't know how to get the right sensor, short of spending 2x at the stealership

Proof of what you're saying about the second O2 sensor.

How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler - Mazda Forums

Last edited by vbt101; 01-21-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #12

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,825 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its probably just generic pictures. the primary has 2, the secondary has one.

heres an OEM one for $145:

Online Mazda Parts --- part number search: L33X188G1C
OMGWTFHAX (01-22-2010)
 Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn socks with the save. Im definitely remembering this thread in case my primary goes out.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So, the O2 sensor that that company has listed as primary is in fact the wrong one. I ended up taking the suggestion of calling my local dealership and getting them to beat the online price. It ended up being $148 w/ tax...and I didn't have to wait for shipping.
 Old 03-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #15

TheBunk will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry to bump a super old thread, but if this works, it could save a lot if people $$
BOSCH O2 Oxygen Sensor Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed 2.3L w/ UNIVERSAL WIRING to 1-4-wire sensor:Amazon:AutomotiveBOSCH O2 Oxygen Sensor Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed 2.3L w/ UNIVERSAL WIRING to 1-4-wire sensor:Amazon:Automotive

It's $60 shipped...
HPS CAI | SURE Turbo Inlet | CX Racing FMIC | Borla Catback | Cobb AP V3 | M2 DP | CP-E HPFP | Greddy Type RS BPV | SURE RMM | CS Springs/Struts | H&R Springs | TSW Donington 18s | NGK IX Iridium | JBR SSP and Bushings | SURE AGS 621g Knob | Yellow Lamin-X fog covers | MPT Dyno Tune with E85 | SURE OCC | AEM Meth Kit | Painted Roof, Grill, Front/Rear Bumpers, Scrape Pads, Side Mirrors, Calipers |
TheBunk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #16

YEAHRIGHTXXX has a spectacular aura aboutYEAHRIGHTXXX has a spectacular aura aboutYEAHRIGHTXXX has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Sorry to bump a super old thread, but if this works, it could save a lot if people $$
BOSCH O2 Oxygen Sensor Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed 2.3L w/ UNIVERSAL WIRING to 1-4-wire sensor:Amazon:Automotive

It's $60 shipped...
That's gonna work for the second o2 but for the primary o2 it seems theres no aftermarket way to go with can someone correct me if im wrong?Cauze I will do my dp this week end and im probably gonna end up buying a new o2. thx
Mazdaspeed 3 2013 BM (AP v2,Sure SRI/TIH,Autotech HPFP,Corksport TMIC,corksport dp,corksport cbe,Forge v2 BPV,Corksport SSP/Bushing,CP-E RMM,UR strut tower bar,Tanabe Under brace,corksport rear sway bar,XXR 527 8.75 +35,swift spring,corksport mud flap,jdm goodies rain guard,JBR heavy shift knob,redline hood strut,Yellow del DRL 6000k.)
YEAHRIGHTXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #17

SJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the worldSJP0tato is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by YEAHRIGHTXXX View Post
That's gonna work for the second o2 but for the primary o2 it seems theres no aftermarket way to go with can someone correct me if im wrong?
You're wrong: NTK 24354

Previous post:
aftermarket o2 sensors

Part:
Amazon.com: NTK (24354) Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor: AutomotiveAmazon.com: NTK (24354) Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor: Automotive
SJP0tato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SJP0tato For This Useful Post:
YEAHRIGHTXXX (04-01-2014)
 Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #18

Worbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,119 Times in 1,101 Posts
Groans: 142
Groaned at 58 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

*bump*

Has anyone bought the sensors that SJP0tato and TheBunk posted? How were the results after install?

Zoom-Zoom-Coons on 05/10/16
2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
BUILT BY CORKSPORT
CP-e Catted Downpipe || CP-e HPFP || Corksport Turbo || Corksport 3-bar Map Sensor || Corksport EBCS|| Corksport SRI || Corksport TIP || Corksport CBE || Corksport Boost Cut Killer || Corksport FMIC || Corksport SSP || Corksport MM Inserts || Corksport Blue Shift Knob || Corksport Injector Seals || DM Full EGR Delete Kit || Corksport License Plate Relocation Kit || Snyapse Engineering Synchronic BOV || Cobb V3 Accessport (PD Tune in progress)
Worbit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #19

rob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the worldrob ms6gt is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 11 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Worbit View Post
*bump*

Has anyone bought the sensors that SJP0tato and TheBunk posted? How were the results after install?
I used the NTK 24354. It fits and works perfectly.

2006 Liquid Platinum Metallic Mazdaspeed 6
Stratified Tune, Stratified GA V2, Cobb AP V2, GTX3071R, HTP 4" Intake, Synchronic Diverter Valve, 3 bar MAP, Stratified Boost Dial, Corksport Injector Seals, Autotech Internals, Ebay DP, Custom TR8 FMIC, DevilsOwn Meth, Damond Catch Can, JBR 70 Duro Trilogy, TT front diff mount, Penis Eater top diff mount, Cut OEM Springs, Koni Yellows
rob ms6gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #20

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone know that size the threads and diameter on the upstream O2 sensor is?

Reason I ask is because I had to remove mine and the O2 sensor threads got totally destroyed in the process and left some metal inside the cast iron downpipe threads. I wanted to chase the threads with a tap. I know they are 1.5 thread pitch or count (?) but I dont know what the diameter is. According to my micrometer the diameter is ~17.5mm around the O2 sensor threads. I have an 18mm 1.5 pitch tap but it seems too big. 16mm tap is way small. 17mm tap is not common size.
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2016, 11:03 PM   #21

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,381 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex2007 View Post
Anyone know that size the threads and diameter on the upstream O2 sensor is?
M18 x 1.5mm, it's pretty much a set standard.
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-28-2016, 10:36 PM   #22

Allaboutthesnail3 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default The upstream O2 sensor

I wanna know if this O2 sensor has ever fixed the P2187 Lean at idle code... currently having trouble with this code and I've checked all other things like vacuum, ignition, fuel delivery..
Allaboutthesnail3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #23

Varomnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah if you have bad sensors it might. I had to get a etune to get my code to go away.