register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 06Speed6

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #1

swollenmadman will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rear diff mount options

You know the story of these cars, front diif mount bolts sheered off. My buddy Nick is getting the bolts off the casing, I want this bolt sheering bull to stop so I am upgrading, by getting both mounts.

Here is my dilemma. I cant find a replacement front diff mount. And SURE don't count. Turbine Tech has one, but their website doesn't work. And guess the only ones that I have found that sells them. You Guessed it..... SURE. I don't want to buy it used, nothing against used parts, but I rather buy used locally, and new thru the internet.

I checked edge and rpm, no luck. Any suggestions would be nice.
swollenmadman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

SIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,950 Times in 867 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by swollenmadman View Post
You know the story of these cars, front diif mount bolts sheered off. My buddy Nick is getting the bolts off the casing, I want this bolt sheering bull to stop so I am upgrading, by getting both mounts.

Here is my dilemma. I cant find a replacement front diff mount. And SURE don't count. Turbine Tech has one, but their website doesn't work. And guess the only ones that I have found that sells them. You Guessed it..... SURE. I don't want to buy it used, nothing against used parts, but I rather buy used locally, and new thru the internet.

I checked edge and rpm, no luck. Any suggestions would be nice.
Call turbine tech directly and place an order. You don't HAVE to order from their website if it is down.
And cp-e has the other rear diff mount if you wanted to stay away from SURE.
Fully built, Ported everything, GTX3582r, Port Injection, Twin disk clutch, 2-piece Driveshaft.... still slow.

The Daily Bitch: 2003 Mazda Protege5 with infinity miles on it

SIXual Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SIXual Panda For This Useful Post:
Koenig (12-25-2013), swollenmadman (11-03-2013)
 Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah cpe or cs on the other one. I'll call them tomorrow, I just hope it comes this week since its coming from Canada.
 Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #4

SIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You could always just ask them about shipping options when you buy it. You will obviously have to pay more for express, but if you need it by a certain time, then you might have to go that route.

But they will be better to answer that question for you.
Fully built, Ported everything, GTX3582r, Port Injection, Twin disk clutch, 2-piece Driveshaft.... still slow.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #5

memin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 33 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

or if you are looking for the front CorkSport; has it.
 Old 11-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by memin View Post
or if you are looking for the front CorkSport; has it.
Corksport makes a front rear diff mount?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

They do???? Link plz.
The Following User Says Thank You to swollenmadman For This Useful Post:
SIXual Panda (11-03-2013)
 Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,562 Times in 2,807 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Corksport makes a rear diff mount, not the front. The turbine tech mount is nice, its what I have. If you cut off the bottom one or two bolt holes on the drivers side of the bracket, the diff can be dropped without removing the big pita bolt that holds the mount to the frame. That makes it ALOT easier to work on if you ever need to.
memin likes this.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

for issues that I wont mention (cough cough rust) we had to take out the diff. so the mounts are holding nothing. I am just wondering how long it would take them to deliver it. I ordered the cp-e rear diff mount mainly because I havent seen any complaint about it.
 Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on the cpe, its solid

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
swollenmadman (11-04-2013)
 Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #11

alphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,295 Posts
Groans: 235
Groaned at 60 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

for issues that I wont mention (cough cough rust) we had to take out the diff. so the mounts are holding nothing. I am just wondering how long it would take them to deliver it. I ordered the cp-e rear diff mount mainly because I havent seen any complaint about it.
took 2 months to get my cpe mount lol. Very solid compared to stock, the welds weren't pretty though but maybe I expected better after waiting 2 months.

/91 miata with basic suspension bits
/Turbo ep3 BWAAAAA PSH
/speed 3- bye
/possessed speed 6- dead ((((((

/lol nator.
alphasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #12

Mi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond reputeMi06Speed6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Really the rear one is the main problem. It should hold just fine unless you're throw a crap ton of power at it.
'06 Mazdaspeed 6|| Cobb SF & AP Stage 1 | RPM Street Springs | SPC Ball Joints | SU Rear MM | SURE Dread | Whiteline RSB |18x8 Enkei EKM3 w/ 225/40 | JBR SSP & SURE Anchors | Rotora Blanks w/ EBC Red Stuff | 6K HID lights/fogs | V2 Pre-amp |
Mi06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mi06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
 Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I seen some ppl being fine with just the rear one, but having a stock rear one causes the front one to fail?
 Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #14

alphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I seen some ppl being fine with just the rear one, but having a stock rear one causes the front one to fail?

yes, it places tons of extra stress on the front mount.

/Turbo ep3 BWAAAAA PSH
/speed 3- bye

/lol nator.
 Old 11-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well changed my mind from cpe and went with corksport. Called turbine tech and they told me to send info over mail now I am waiting to see if they have it. If it doesnt make I'll just use the cs mount and hope they make a front diff mount pending the results of this one.
 Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well changed my mind from cpe and went with corksport. Called turbine tech and they told me to send info over mail now I am waiting to see if they have it. If it doesnt make I'll just use the cs mount and hope they make a front diff mount pending the results of this one.

just run the rear for now, should take around an hour to change the front.

/Turbo ep3 BWAAAAA PSH
/speed 3- bye

/lol nator.
The Following User Says Thank You to alphasaur For This Useful Post:
 Old 12-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #17

Mattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the worldMattcinnc1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What'd you find out about the tt mount when you sent them the paper work. I'm in the same shape about wanting a front rear diff mount to go with the cpe mount I'll have
Mods: Cobb ap, Freektune ots+, rebuilt ko4(hhskinny), Autotechs, AEM CAI, ETS tmic, Sure sidewinder, JBR RMM, Cpe diff mount, sure charge tubes, Corksport strut tower, catless test pipe, Magnaflow CBE, Forge BPV(v1), JBR shift bushings, corksport rear sway bar, VTCS delete, Dba 4000 slotted rotors, ebc red stuff
Interior: Block Vent pod, Prosport boost gauge, Redline leather boots, Mazdaspeed E-brake, Ipod integration, Corksport LEDs
Looks: 15% tint all around, 40% entire windshield, Corksport LED fogs, Corksport stub
Fluids: Rotella T6, Motorcraft XT-M5-QS, Redline 75w90

waiting to install (in garage):
Cpe catted dp
Mattcinnc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #18

KevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 79 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The front mount is the weakest of the two. When the MS6 came out, almost all of the failures were of the front mount, some occuring on cars less than 2 months old. Contrary to popular belief, the bolts do NOT fail in SHEAR, but low cycle bending fatigue, due to the offset vertical load and poor bolt locations on the side .... needed at least 3 or 4 to avoid the prying load.

If you add just the rear mount, you do nothing to resist the moment put on the diff due to axle torque, which moves the pinion shaft end upward (loading the front mount) and the rear down (loading the rear mount). The drive shaft torque reaction also pushes the left side (short wing) of the rear mount down, but does not load the front mount.

So there is no logic to saying the stock rear one causes the front one to fail, to answer your question.

In industry, rubber mounts/bumpers are used to avoid shock loading, which at a minimum doubles the peak reaction forces. The bushings should give to reduce shock loading, like dumping the clutch. For that reason, I like the CPE rear mounts that have 60 duometer bushings, vs the stiffer 80-90 durometers the others use, which is more appropriate for suspension bushings.

Both the Sure and the TT front mounts have those extra bolt holes to better react to the moment loading.

Tracked Cars: 68 Triumph GT6 (~full race prep'd), 81 Porsche 924 Turbo, 93 Rx7 twin turbo
KevinK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK2 For This Useful Post:
jm211 (12-14-2013)
 Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #19

KevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the worldKevinK2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
Corksport makes a rear diff mount, not the front. The turbine tech mount is nice, its what I have. If you cut off the bottom one or two bolt holes on the drivers side of the bracket, the diff can be dropped without removing the big pita bolt that holds the mount to the frame. That makes it ALOT easier to work on if you ever need to.
Removing two of those 3 bolts would put too much load on the one remaining bolt on that side of the diff. TT made a big effort to add stiff structure on that side to make sure all 3 bolts were sharing forces. I had actually posted about this design before TT came out with a mount. I could only find another idea I had to stop busting side bolts:

Differential issue - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Tracked Cars: 68 Triumph GT6 (~full race prep'd), 81 Porsche 924 Turbo, 93 Rx7 twin turbo
 Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #20

scubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,034 Times in 437 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KevinK2 View Post
The front mount is the weakest of the two. When the MS6 came out, almost all of the failures were of the front mount, some occuring on cars less than 2 months old. Contrary to popular belief, the bolts do NOT fail in SHEAR, but low cycle bending fatigue, due to the offset vertical load and poor bolt locations on the side .... needed at least 3 or 4 to avoid the prying load.

If you add just the rear mount, you do nothing to resist the moment put on the diff due to axle torque, which moves the pinion shaft end upward (loading the front mount) and the rear down (loading the rear mount). The drive shaft torque reaction also pushes the left side (short wing) of the rear mount down, but does not load the front mount.

So there is no logic to saying the stock rear one causes the front one to fail, to answer your question.

In industry, rubber mounts/bumpers are used to avoid shock loading, which at a minimum doubles the peak reaction forces. The bushings should give to reduce shock loading, like dumping the clutch. For that reason, I like the CPE rear mounts that have 60 duometer bushings, vs the stiffer 80-90 durometers the others use, which is more appropriate for suspension bushings.

Both the Sure and the TT front mounts have those extra bolt holes to better react to the moment loading.

From what I have come to understand through reading various posts here, is that the rear mount is the more important one to replace because it allows the diff to twist, which leads to the bolts are shearing on the front mount. The rear mount is prone to breaking, and I'm not sure I have ever seen the front mount actually broken... Only bolts and the diff casting broken...

Go Faster: CorkSport SRI/TIP, SU Test Pipe, SU TMIC, Autotech Internals, ITV22's, Cobb AP
Anti break stuff: Upper Rear Diff Brace, RMM
Appearence: STRI DSD Boost Guage/Blockhead 60mm Guage Pod
scubasteve711 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Correct, the rear mount breaks along a rib on the bottom side, on the driver's side. The front mount does not brake It fails the bolts in bending fatigue, NOT shear.

The failure process starts because the central bushing load is offset a few inches from where the mount bolts to the side of the diff. Because it is just 2 bolts that are side by side, thats a POOR design, vs having 3-4 bolts spread out to take the bending load. So the mount rocks against the side of the casing ( just a few ten-thoundths ) when heavily loaded, causing high bending stress in the bolt. This cyclic loading initiates cracks which propagate from the top and bottom, under the bolt head, at the first thread.

Looking at a failed bolt, especially if it's loctited in, you see smooth surfaces at the top and bottom fracture surfaces, and a narrow band of rough surface where a brittle fracture finally occured.

The new front mounts support the bushing on both sides, so no rocking.

The very soft "spoked rubber" bushing at the front can see full diff rotation due to axle torque, with out developing any load since it is so flexible in twisting.

Pics of the diff mounts and some broken stuff:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mazd...GaHJsQSvrYL4BQ

Old 12-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
Speeeeeed

Not Ranked  0 score     

Cutting off the bottom two bolts on the TT mount isnt going to cause it to fail, its still overkill even without those bolts. That mount doesnt control twisting anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
scubasteve711 (12-15-2013)
 Old 12-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

In my prior post, I had explained the "twisting" moment that fatigues the 2 bolts on the oem bracket. The bolt busting moment is a reation to the torque applied to the rear wheels. I would not trust just 1 casing bolt to "balance" the pinion load support on both sides of the diff.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #24

scubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,034 Times in 437 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know why you are even getting defensive about it. tts been shown here that the front diff mount is only really needed unless the bushing is shot in the stock one, or the car is going to see some serious abuse...

Go Faster: CorkSport SRI/TIP, SU Test Pipe, SU TMIC, Autotech Internals, ITV22's, Cobb AP
Anti break stuff: Upper Rear Diff Brace, RMM
Appearence: STRI DSD Boost Guage/Blockhead 60mm Guage Pod
scubasteve711 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry if I came across defensive about this. If you were an owner around 2006, you would recall that the front mount bolt fatigue failures was by far the most frequent failure, vs the rear. In some cases, the bolts were loose on a showroom MS6. Hopefully one of those original owners will make a comment.

Yes, I was thinking about the many owners that are going to the drag strip, some with a bigger turbo, vs normal driving.

And, it's possible Mazda upgraded the front mount at the contact ears, and was more careful about preloading the bolts in the end.

Thanks for your helpful comment.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #26

Whitebullet has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone have the rear diff mount bushing dimensions or alternate manufacturer part no. to perhaps just swap them on the oem bracket? TT used to sell but no longer
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Whitebullet For This Un-useful Post:
Db09ms3 (01-13-2020)
 Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 AM   #27

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

reviving a 7 years old thread may not get you much answers but the support itself may break apart if you stiffen the bushings...some broke it on oem bushings....

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff23spl For This Useful Post:
Whitebullet (01-13-2020)
 Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #28

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,015 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy necro, and what a coincidence. I sheared my diff bolts for the first time the other day. My MS6 has been sitting, for the most part, for almost 7 years. I've been getting it ready for daily duty. Replaced PTO, super smokey K04 is gone (CTS4 installed) and some other nags.

Wtf happened to turbine tech? I guess I'm in for a corksport/sure jugg combo.
SOLD//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 AP // Corksport CTS4
// HKS Ignition // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //

Last edited by m4tic; 01-19-2020 at 08:06 PM.
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #29

Whitebullet has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don’t call it a comeback!
Save us both the money and measure those bushings if you have a micrometer and access to the bracket. I am trying to order a set from Russia with love.
 Old 01-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #30

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,015 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh I am not getting under there again.. pain in the ass. I'll ask my mechanic if he can take a few measurements. no promises
SOLD//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 AP // Corksport CTS4
// HKS Ignition // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2020, 04:00 AM   #31

blackmica6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why people seem to dislike the SURE diff mounts?

« AWD ISSUE | - »