register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 AM   #1

Circas313 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rough shifting & Slipping Transmission?

So, i just bought my 06' ms6, high mileage unfortunatly, its got 110k...but ive been living in alaska for a year now and it was only the second one id seen for sale up here. I luckily got it pretty cheap. Anyways, it shifts into second kinda rough...nothing horrible and nothing grinds, but its just not as smooth as the rest of the gears, also...every once in a blue moon when im giving it some gas in 5th or 6th gear, especially if im going up hill it seems like it will just lose all power to the wheels for a split second...im not sure what this is, so i was hoping someone could enlighten me. Thanks...
Circas313 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #2

spike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hey is this king and donate.

Corksport 3in catback resonator removed, Turbo XS catless downpipe, Cobb AP Stage 2 ots map, COBB SRI, RPMC inlet, Ported/ Rebuilt Ko4, ported exhaust manifold, ported and ects delete, JBR EGR delete, JBarone passenger, rear and tranny mount, JBarone SSP/ knob/ bushings,DDM HID low/high/fogs, Snow performance stage 2 MAF meth kit, Matt Damond OCC and check valve, Tenzo Concept-9 wheels, Turbosmart 50/50, Denso ITV-22, Tinted tailights-reflectors-corners, prosport boost gauge, DIY FMIC, Carbon hood wrap, NRG shorty antenna
spike589 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 AM   #3

speedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

welcome to msf. enjoy your stay.

oh and donate

^^^My fail boats^^^

2006 mazdaspeed 6: fujita CAI, PG TIP, Turbosmart dual BOV, ITV22, Corksprt TBE, Cobb AP, SURE front/rear diff mounts(FTW), whiteline RSB

1978 280z(s30): currently needs some love....and going turbo o.0

1990 300zx: 850cc injectors, 300degree fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, garrett gt 28's twin turbo upgrade(@19psi), stillen IC's, CZP's 3in dp and mid pipe, Selin dual intakes, GTR R32 brakes, Nismo clutch, HKS hi-power exhaust, megan coil-overs, SPL full titanium suspension parts, z1 boost tubes, 2 AEM AFR's, AEM boost guage
RWHP:???? RWTRQ: 475@4500 rpm. needs new clutch(blown).

2008 350z HR: Greddy dual Ti-C, Carbonetics LSD, Nismo diff, GTM TP's, Stillen CAI's
(waiting on full metal CSC and carbonetic clutch and light wieght flywheel, then it's TT time!) currently on hold due to needing new clutch and flywheel/metal csc and master. wanting skyline manifold.
speedtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #4

Circas313 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

shouldnt both you guys be working?
Circas313 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #5

Speed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

going uphill in 5or6th? at what rpms? u might wanna drop a gear, go into 4th and then go up your hill. dont wanna blow your engine. also think about changing transmission fluid, sometimes that makes a difference

2008 Mazdaspeed3 Black Mica GT~55k miles

NATOR PA IS NUMERO UNO
Speed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #6

speedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Circas313 View Post
shouldnt both you guys be working?
This is my job

^^^My fail boats^^^

2006 mazdaspeed 6: fujita CAI, PG TIP, Turbosmart dual BOV, ITV22, Corksprt TBE, Cobb AP, SURE front/rear diff mounts(FTW), whiteline RSB

1978 280z(s30): currently needs some love....and going turbo o.0

1990 300zx: 850cc injectors, 300degree fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, garrett gt 28's twin turbo upgrade(@19psi), stillen IC's, CZP's 3in dp and mid pipe, Selin dual intakes, GTR R32 brakes, Nismo clutch, HKS hi-power exhaust, megan coil-overs, SPL full titanium suspension parts, z1 boost tubes, 2 AEM AFR's, AEM boost guage
RWHP:???? RWTRQ: 475@4500 rpm. needs new clutch(blown).

2008 350z HR: Greddy dual Ti-C, Carbonetics LSD, Nismo diff, GTM TP's, Stillen CAI's
(waiting on full metal CSC and carbonetic clutch and light wieght flywheel, then it's TT time!) currently on hold due to needing new clutch and flywheel/metal csc and master. wanting skyline manifold.
speedtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #7

oh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 74 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed13 View Post
going uphill in 5or6th? at what rpms? u might wanna drop a gear, go into 4th and then go up your hill. dont wanna blow your engine. also think about changing transmission fluid, sometimes that makes a difference
This.

Drop a gear for sure. How cold is it in Alaska?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
 Old 01-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #8

spike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond reputespike589 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its about 22 degrees

Corksport 3in catback resonator removed, Turbo XS catless downpipe, Cobb AP Stage 2 ots map, COBB SRI, RPMC inlet, Ported/ Rebuilt Ko4, ported exhaust manifold, ported and ects delete, JBR EGR delete, JBarone passenger, rear and tranny mount, JBarone SSP/ knob/ bushings,DDM HID low/high/fogs, Snow performance stage 2 MAF meth kit, Matt Damond OCC and check valve, Tenzo Concept-9 wheels, Turbosmart 50/50, Denso ITV-22, Tinted tailights-reflectors-corners, prosport boost gauge, DIY FMIC, Carbon hood wrap, NRG shorty antenna
 Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,555 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The stumble in 5th and 6th is prolly fuel cut. You need an upgraded fuel pump.

The 2nd gear thing is prolly the syncro. Do a search for motorcraft trans fluid on here and order some and swap it in. It might make it better and it might make that syncro last longer. That trans fluid is made by Castrol in Germany for Ford for use in certain very difficult to shift Getrag transmissions, we dont have a Getrag transmission, but its fine. Also its pricy but it works very well and will likely last forever in a street driven car.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
I<3Groceries (01-25-2011), paveltol (01-28-2011)
 Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #10

I<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,281 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 26 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post

The 2nd gear thing is prolly the syncro. Do a search for motorcraft trans fluid on here and order some and swap it in. It might make it better and it might make that syncro last longer. That trans fluid is made by Castrol in Germany for Ford for use in certain very difficult to shift Getrag transmissions, we dont have a Getrag transmission, but its fine. Also its pricy but it works very well and will likely last forever in a street driven car.
[/THREAD] .

Meet a giant fish. Fuck his brains out.
I<3Groceries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I<3Groceries For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (01-25-2011)
 Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post

He doesnt have enough parts for fuel cut to be a issue the other as far as synchro might be on point. It might also be that. U need to adjust your ahifter cable or buy some shifter bushhings since the car does have some miles on it

Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #12

cesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the world
Groans: 106
Groaned at 53 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Circas313 View Post
So, i just bought my 06' ms6, high mileage unfortunatly, its got 110k...but ive been living in alaska for a year now and it was only the second one id seen for sale up here. I luckily got it pretty cheap. Anyways, it shifts into second kinda rough...nothing horrible and nothing grinds, but its just not as smooth as the rest of the gears, also...every once in a blue moon when im giving it some gas in 5th or 6th gear, especially if im going up hill it seems like it will just lose all power to the wheels for a split second...im not sure what this is, so i was hoping someone could enlighten me. Thanks...
my MS3 is pretty new and it shifts rough into 2nd...I wouldnt worry too much.

as for 5th and 6th...its most likely your clutch is slipping, at 110k, its about time to have it changed...it makes me think its clutch even more because you say it acts up when you go up hills (turbo spools...more torque on a tall gear...more slip)
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,555 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A stock ms6, with 29* air temps, can fuel cut.

I have 114k on my 06 and the clutch is just fine, when a clutch goes out it starts to slip and the rpms jump under load. He didnt describe anything like that.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
speedtoz (01-31-2011)