register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #1

Kiwipaulie is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Strange rattle

So i have some strange rattle coming from my engine, sounds like its coming from the top of the engine. When i turn the air con off, it doesnt make the noise.

I have had an air con guy look at it and he doesnt think its the bearing or the ac compressor.

His guess is possibly an alternator?

To me it sounds like the chain.

The strange thing is that it always does it when i start the car, then goes away and comes back. I never hear it when i drive off or am driving, only when stationary.

Any ideas???
Kiwipaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #2

Goodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the worldGoodrich27 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My guess is bearing I've worked ac and no Part of a commercial or residential ac uses a bearing so I wouldn't trust him to dismiss that it could be a bearing. Compressor yes but not a bearing.

Sent from my phone whilst bojanglen.
Go fasters:Manley H beams and Wiseco 87.5mm Forged pistons with stock compression, GTX3076 with Tial 38mm EWG, Full Race exhaust manifold w/2000* ceramic coating, MD meth injection TB spacer and Devils Own DC30 WMI with DO14 nozzle, Cobb 3 port ebcs, Ultimate Racing V2 Catless DP, Relentless Customs PNP IM with VTCS delete, TR11 core with HTP under route piping,ACT 6 puck, Corksport catless RP and CBE, CPE Stage II RMM,Cpe side mounts, perm plate with MD sealed and VTA OCC, HTP 4in Intake,ISC N1 coilovers, CS RSB, Tial BPV, Auto tech internals, Cobb ap v3, CPE injector seals,ngk step colder plugs, JBR throttle body TIG and coolant bypass, Corksport polyurethane exhaust hangers, Motorcraft unicorn juice, t6 rotella, Stoptech slotted and drilled front rotors with posi quiet pads.

Rice:corksport led fogs, Corksport eyelids, Corksport hood struts ,blacked out genpu rims, red evil M front and rear, red calipers, Corksport black mud flaps, Corksport shift knob, powder coat red valve cover, Intercooler pipes, and black gloss intake manifold A pillar gauge mount w/ AEM AFR, Oil temp, and Oil pressure gauges.

Goodrich27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #3

driver-wsh has a spectacular aura aboutdriver-wsh has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think my a/c compressor bearing may also be failing now. Sigh.

Last edited by driver-wsh; 10-11-2018 at 12:07 PM.
driver-wsh is offline   Reply With Quote