register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Solarsurge

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #1

RWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Ticking noise

I find examples of ticking noises through the search. Sounds just like mine but I find issues causing it like the A/C or chain tensioner. The problem is i've had the chain tensioner replaced and this issues doesn't need the A/C on to be present. Sure it gets slighly louder with the A/C on but that's because it drops the RPM's a bit lower before idle compensation. So i'm stumped.

Video:
mazdad.mp4 video by RWDaddict - Photobucket
 Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #2

RWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the worldRWDAddict is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump
 Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #3

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

it's normal is the fuel pump and injectors. thats all i can hear.
bova is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The only problem I have with the noise is that two months ago it wasn't nearly as loud. My car sounds like an 80's diesel now.
 Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #5

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats how direct injection is, very noisy. only difference in this video is my upgraded cdfp rattles at tip in which several others have and haven't found to be a problem.

http://youtu.be/LsRmSA0YWXU
 Old 04-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also only happens when it's warmed up. Does that make a difference?
 Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

it is fine, unless there i something i'm not hearing in your video. if you don't believe me take it to the dealer.
 Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just changed the oil and the noise went down a bit, not as loud. (i'm using Rotella t6 5w-40) I just can't believe the injectors make that much racket. Why didn't they make that much noise when i bought the car with 56k on it? Why did it show up around 70k?
 Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

why why why, i don't know, get over it. parts wear over time shit gets louder, maybe you are just now listening in for it.
 Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #10

zer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

long shot and dont know if this will help but some have said that when they changed there plugs they got quieter (denso plugs) I have not done this my self so I cant testify to how true this is but your coming up on 75k so its worth a shot.
Autotech Internals | ETS TMIC | Cobb AP | JBR Tru-3.5" Wide Path Aluminum | JBR RMM | JBR TMM | JBR PMM | JBR Short Shift Plate | Fidanza Flywheel | TWM Weighted Shift Knob | Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads | Techna-Fit Brake Lines | RedLine Fluids and Unicorn Blood | NGK 1 Step Colder | Damond OCC | TurboSmart Duel Port | CP-e SafeSeals | JBR TIG | JBR TBG | Damond EGR Delete
Miltuned!!!

Ready to Install
ATP Downpipe

zer010gic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #11

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Without seeing it in person It's hard to diagnose a noise through a speaker and locating and exact point of origin, bit that noise is to loud to be normal. I'd rather not give a diagnosis on it without seeing it , but I'd get it checked.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #12

Post pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Get comfortable with strange noises,
This car makes more sounds than a whore getting pounded in a haunted house.

It only gets Worse in the winter....
 Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Riddle me this children.

The noise goes away when i push down the clutch pedal!!!!!!!!
 Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Post pwned (05-05-2011)
 Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #15

Post pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Could be your valves.
The trans always amps the sounds in the motor.
...Well that's what I've noticed with my car.
 Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #16

slvrMPS6 is a splendid one to beholdslvrMPS6 is a splendid one to beholdslvrMPS6 is a splendid one to beholdslvrMPS6 is a splendid one to beholdslvrMPS6 is a splendid one to beholdslvrMPS6 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah if you turn my car off without touching the clutch it sounds pretty clunky, otherwise its silent. i have that same noise you're talking about but the clutch makes no difference. best fix IMHO is turn up the radio and keep driving.
2006 Speed6 - Liquid Platinum Metallic - Cobb SRI, SU TMIC+boost tubes, CP-E dogbone mount, Cobb AP on stage 1 93 w/LC+FFS, Denso ITV22's, JBarone Short Shift Plate, metal shifter bushings, Prosport Boost gauge in vent pod, Apexi TT, Yokohama S-Drive rubbers, DDM 35w 4500k HID fogs, various LEDs, JDM Mazda window visors, Shark fin antenna, Xcarlink IPhone 4 connection
slvrMPS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #17

Absolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old thread I know... But mine is making the same exact sound. I'm at 74k miles. I think it's just normal.
Absolut1l is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Absolut1l View Post
Old thread I know... But mine is making the same exact sound. I'm at 74k miles. I think it's just normal.
This thread is more up to date

Grinding noise relating to clutch
Absolut1l (03-10-2013)
 Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #19

Absolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolut1l has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RWDAddict View Post
This thread is more up to date

Grinding noise relating to clutch
oooh thanks!
Absolut1l is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2018, 02:11 AM   #20

Bmatthews352 can only hope to improve
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default rude

Originally Posted by bova View Post
why why why, i don't know, get over it. parts wear over time shit gets louder, maybe you are just now listening in for it.
man you are being rude as hell to someone who is asking legitimate questions. Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing intelligent to say.

Did you ever think his microphone is not great and you are not able to hear the noise hes hearing VIA the video?

"why why why..." stop mocking people and use your brain, if you have one....
Bmatthews352 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to Bmatthews352 For This Un-useful Post:
djern (07-28-2018), Thor Hammer (08-06-2018), Vansquish (07-27-2018)
 Old 07-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #21

Db09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 94
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shits old scrub
Vansquish (07-27-2018)
 Old 07-27-2018, 09:37 AM   #22
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,977 Times in 2,780 Posts
Groans: 1,901
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmatthews352 View Post
man you are being rude as hell to someone who is asking legitimate questions. Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing intelligent to say.

Did you ever think his microphone is not great and you are not able to hear the noise hes hearing VIA the video?

"why why why..." stop mocking people and use your brain, if you have one....
Check yourself. You're being butthurt on someone else's behalf almost 8, and you're more than 7 years late to the party.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #23
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,345 Posts
Groaned at 35 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am undoubtedly convinced Bova will come here any minute now and beg forgiveness for his uncouth behavior back in the good ol 11 given that B Matthew with 2 posts under his belt has taken offense to it. Jesus is my witness.
 Old 07-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #24

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did not originally notice the offensiveness of bova's response, and it seems no one else was offended by it, either. But now that the offensiveness has been pointed out to me, I am offended that I didn't notice the offensiveness before. Now that someone has been offended, I am offended that it took this long for that offensiveness to be pointed out. I am also offended I should have been offended this whole time, but it took this long for someone to be offended enough to point out how offended I should have been and that no one else was offended enough to realize how offensive this post was. I'm WAY more offended now than I ever would have been which, frankly, I find highly offensive.
Db09ms3 likes this.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #25

Db09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 94
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Off ended
 Old 08-06-2018, 05:57 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

aw what the fuck, haven't had my speed6 in 6 years (may she RIP) and I get notified I'm being quoted by some asshat who says I was rude 7 years ago. There I go again being rude.
 Old 08-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #27

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 211
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bova View Post
aw what the fuck, haven't had my speed6 in 6 years (may she RIP) and I get notified I'm being quoted by some asshat who says I was rude 7 years ago. There I go again being rude.
I dunno, given the circumstances I thought asshat was pretty nice.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (08-10-2018)