register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fitbikes07

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #1

soulefx will become famous soon enoughsoulefx will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What should i upgrade first?

I just bought an 07 Mazdaspeed6 GT. I want to start upgrading it. Nothing to crazy. its gonna be used for daily driving, not racing. ive read through a lot of the threads to see what upgrades people are getting and what brands. So far Ive decided to start with a CPE CAI and downpipe. I've thought about upgrading my catback exhaust, but i dont like big noise. I heard that the stock catback is the quietest. Is there much power loss from leaving my CBE stock? Is there a better CBE that is quieter than the stock one? also, whatelse should i upgrade next to increase power? What about ignition? what brands are good? how much hp gains could i expect? Any advice you guys can give me would be appreciated. Thanks!
soulefx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 AM   #2

spd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the worldspd6guy90 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Streetunit.com is a site where you can find alot of aftermarket parts for the MS6. As for the first upgrades, along with the CAI, a rear motor mount would also be recommended. You'd get pretty noticeable gains from the CAI, too. The CAI was my first mod along with the motor mount.

06' MS6
Fully bolted
Top Mount HTA3076
534awhp 574awtq (Corrected)
PERM Tuned
spd6guy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #3

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,659 Times in 1,398 Posts
Groans: 778
Groaned at 444 Times in 240 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

buy a gt3076

SpeedSixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedSixxx For This Useful Post:
Decepticon (11-29-2009)
 Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #4

all4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cobb accessport, cold air intake, turbo inlet, catback if you want sound. If you want to go really fast, i would suggest not going catless until you upgrade the turbo. Last time i checked, the PCV system fixes out there are still not working so if you get a downpipe, your turbo will backup with oil and start smoking. On an aftermarket unit, that is not a factor.

personally, if it were me, dont waste your money on intakes and all the bolt on stuff for the stock turbo, get the cobb and just upgrade your fuel pump internals, get the GT30 mentioned above in a turbo kit (custom dp, intake, etc) tune it, and your set.

Another thing you can do to help out the speed 6 (i had the speed 6 too) is to lighten it up. Lightweight rims/tires, a good clutch and a lighter flywheel and see if someone out there makes a carbon fiber drive shaft... anything you can do to lighten that heavy GT model
all4bspinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #5

RGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the worldRGV_MS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 31
Groaned at 12 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i say for DD, i would go with intake, MM, BOV, TIP, and a DH or AP to help monitor. you should be good with those mods for a DD.

2009 Rally Yellow Cobalt SS/TC
K&N Intake, Badmab Catless Downpipe, ZZP FMIC Kit, Forge BPV, Mpx Exhaust, Dual Aeroforce Gauges, R1 Concept Drilled and Slotted Rotors, E85 Tune

310 WHP 330 WTQ 93 Octane
347 WHP 386 WTQ E85
RGV_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #6

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

motor mount for sure. start with the dogbone from AWR.
AWR Racing, Inc. - ENGINE MOUNT, MAZDASPEED6 REAR LOWER

an upgraded TMIC makes a nice difference. ETS and street unit make one.

if your serious about puttin your car on a diet you could also consider a carbon fiber hood and light weight battery. that would take some weight off the front.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #7

roth4fun is a glorious beacon of lightroth4fun is a glorious beacon of lightroth4fun is a glorious beacon of lightroth4fun is a glorious beacon of lightroth4fun is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am still a noob here, but based on what I have gathered from the many posts and my previous car experiences the best starting points on this car is the Downpipe and cold air intake. Let it take in the air better and get it into the exhaust easily. Since these are the most restrictive parts on the car even with stock cat-back you will see a noticeable difference. These are also fairly inexpensive and bolt up simply. I think upgrading the top mount intercooler would be an good step as well - if you were going to be racing it should be a FMIC instead of TMIC upgrade. These are my plans as well only I plan on getting a boost gauge/controller as well so I know what I am pushing too.

If you have the tools, which I do, performing port work on the stock turbo and exhaust manifolds is where I was looking to do. Getting the sand casting lines out and especially opening up the wastegate hole is a welcome power addition and may help gas mileage as well.

This is the first I have heard of the motor mount upgrade. Interesting...
 Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #8

AmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the worldAmillieMS6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,391 Times in 367 Posts
Groans: 365
Groaned at 594 Times in 575 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SpeedSixxx View Post
buy a gt3076
thats a small turbo

gt6041 FTW

AmillieMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to AmillieMS6 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #9

speedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if your not looking to go crazy with your car, you might just want to go with the CAI and not the down pipe. It is a huge pain to install and if you go catless you will have to swap it for emissions inspections. The motor mount is a good idea, so would be an inlet pipe and a new bpv/bov. The stock one tends to leak under boost. I got the hks ssqv, it is awesome. For the exhaust you can put on a test pipe which will leave one cat or just go with the cat-back.
speedms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #10

jmhMS6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm suprised no one has mentioned a short shifter. I thought the stock throws were extremely long and a pain for quick starts between gears 1 and 2.
jmhMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
18psiWhiteMS3
Lurkers

Originally Posted by SpeedSixxx View Post
buy a gt3076
i knew you were in denial. you regret buying your 71 and your trying to make sure no one else makes the same mistake. DONT buy turbos when ur drunk. They might not be what u thought they were

Op. your first mod should be a Avatar

Last edited by 18psiWhiteMS3; 12-01-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #12

Blink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond reputeBlink has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If a reasonably fast daily driver is what your going for do the following:

1. intake (cobb or cpe)
2. cobb turbo inlet
3. catback
4. cobb AP
5. motor mount
6. short throw
7. denso plugs
8. turbosmart or forge BPV

Downpipe is more of a major upgrade. If your still under warranty stay away from the DP or any other major mods as mazda won't think twice about voiding your warranty.
Cobb AP Stage 1 + SF 93 octane map, Cobb SRI red SU Edition, Cobb turbo inlet, NGK iridium plugs +1 colder, CPE motor mount, red SU silicone boost tubes, Turbosmart BPV, Vent Pod w/ ProSport Boost Guage, Turbosmart Boost Controler @ 16psi, TWM stage 1 short throw shifter w/ bushings, TWN Shift Boot, Magnaflow CBE, AutoExe strut tower bar, Redline Tuning hood lift kit.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #13

Speed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant futureSpeed3D3MonDK has a brilliant future
Groaned at 19 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

... AAAND FMIC
Speed3D3MonDK is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #14

danesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,524 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 137
Groaned at 77 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

stay stock.
AP
danesti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danesti For This Useful Post:
2007speed3 (12-09-2009), Decepticon (12-18-2009), ms3077 (02-19-2010)
 Old 12-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #15

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,464 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MSF membership status
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronc7 For This Useful Post:
danesti (12-09-2009)
 Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #16

SCPAms6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

this is all great info for a new guy. thanks!
SCPAms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #17

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Blink View Post
If a reasonably fast daily driver is what your going for do the following:

1. intake (cobb or cpe) $200 - $325~
2. cobb turbo inlet $150-$200~
3. catback or test pipe CBE $500-800~ TP $100~
4. cobb AP $500 used - $700 new~
5. motor mount $100~
6. short throw $100-$160~
7. denso plugs $50~
8. turbosmart or forge BPV $200-$350~
9. ETS TMIC $500~
10. Spin On Oil Filter Conversion $100~
11. Dashhawk $250-$300~
12. Rear Diff Supports
depends

Downpipe is more of a major upgrade. If your still under warranty stay away from the DP or any other major mods as mazda won't think twice about voiding your warranty.
I agree completely and have added a few more things to the list that would also be nice.

Last edited by Alpha; 01-18-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #18

Steggamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

..removed..
Steggamo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #19

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Steggamo View Post
).
See my revised post #17.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #20

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What should i upgrade first?
The driver.

Read the huge volume of information in this forum, and decide for yourself.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
DSIT995 (01-18-2010)
 Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #21

caseygt2 is a jewel in the roughcaseygt2 is a jewel in the roughcaseygt2 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also was thinking about exhaust for my MS6 but wanted to keep it quiet. I have not pulled the trigger yet but found a good article. Magnaflow seems to be a good one and most importantly, to me, is it's quiet.
REVIEW - MagnaFlow Cat Back & Custom Test Pipe - Mazda6 / Atenza
caseygt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #22

ccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond reputeccspeedsix has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah theres lots of things you can do depends on your budget
ccspeedsix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #23

dixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the worlddixie789456 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 25 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmmm..... i think a good BPV?!?!?! oh yeah i have a nice silver forge gen.1 one for 90.00 bucks
 Old 02-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #24

gsober will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

good stuff. i pick mine up today
gsober is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #25

DeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to beholdDeeZ NuttZ is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Me too.
DeeZ NuttZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #26

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

a new car

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #27

Gatorsfan15 is just really niceGatorsfan15 is just really niceGatorsfan15 is just really niceGatorsfan15 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

If your on a budget i believe the Cobb Intake is the best bang for your buck i think they are only 185$ through their site..
Gatorsfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #28

mazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud of
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hahaha a new car? Why do you say that dizzin?

AWD BROTHERS SHALL UNITE!

Boys love straight lines.— Men love curves.— =)— Canyon/Circuit FTW!—

mazdaspeed619sd is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #29

06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just put the cobb intake on my car and it was by far the best noticeable mod i have installed so far. I Could easily feel the gains on the ass dyno. well worth the money.

Cobb CAI : Cobb AP Stage 2 91 : Denso ITV-22 : SU TMIC : SU Testpipe : TS Dualport Bov : SU Boost Tubes : H&R Lowering Springs : Riax 18x9 Wheels : Escta ASX 225/45/18 Still To Come : DevilsOwn Meth Kit : GS BCS
06spped6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #30

fitbikes07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

my first mod was the Corksport Turbo Inlet pipe/ Short ram intake combo. It is a breeze to install and remove and really lets you hear the turbo spooling up. Good HP increases as well. Plus, it's only like 240, so its a pretty cheap way to get some extra horsepower.

Also, the AWR motor mount is great too.. Tightens things up a lot and stops the engine thump. I'd recommend that as well.. the two parts together are less than $325 and make a big difference..

Also, going into the tranny and getting a lighter clutch setup might help reduce hp loss, but the cost is pretty big and it is a LOT of work to try to do yourself! Plan on spending upwards of 1500 to get a clutch plus install..
NickMS likes this.

Last edited by fitbikes07; 02-19-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
fitbikes07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #31

egbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

I will stick with the airflow bolt ons. I like my CAI so far! Next up an AP.
 Old 02-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #32
Banned

ms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,218 Times in 760 Posts
Groans: 974
Groaned at 738 Times in 373 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wouldn't even bother with an inlet, CBE or BOV/BPV. That's about 1,000.00 for almost ZERO horsepower. I’m not saying absolute don’t get these but they defiantly wouldn’t be at the top of my list.

At least a race pipe will net some gains and it's only 100-200 bucks.

- Short ram intake (CP-E or Cobb)
- Rear engine motor mounts (SU or CP-E)
- Test pipe (Corksport or SU)
- Cobb Accessport
- ATR/ Pro tune

Substantial gains over stock and easily switch back to stock for warranty issues. Later I’d get a coil over suspension kit (probably the MS). Then get the fenders rolled to accommodate a nice set of 245/40 tires.
ms3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #33

egbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3077 View Post
I wouldn't even bother with an inlet, CBE or BOV/BPV. That's about 1,000.00 for almost ZERO horsepower. I’m not saying absolute don’t get these but they defiantly wouldn’t be at the top of my list.

At least a race pipe will net some gains and it's only 100-200 bucks.

- Short ram intake (CP-E or Cobb)
- Rear engine motor mounts (SU or CP-E)
- Test pipe (Corksport or SU)
- Cobb Accessport
- ATR/ Pro tune

Substantial gains over stock and easily switch back to stock for warranty issues. Later I’d get a coil over suspension kit (probably the MS). Then get the fenders rolled to accommodate a nice set of 245/40 tires.

I like your thinking! Simple and best bang for the buck.
ms3077 (02-20-2010)