register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #1

nic464 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 5th-6th gear boost

Hello, i think i have a problem with my 5-6 gear. I can't get full boost in 5 gear when i floor it at 3500rpm.(Same with the 6th) I peak at 14psi and it goes to 12.5-13. Is it a protection from my ecu or is it anormal and what could be the cause ? I think 3rd and 4th gear are ok they peak at 18psi and go to 16psi.

Here's my mod : Cobb sf intake,cobb accesport and catback mazdaspeed

Thanks!
nic464 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #2

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had pretty much the same prob but only in 6th gear. I just copy and pasted my 5th gear boost load table into my 6thgear and now it works perfect! Hope that helps!
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

[Today 11:50 PM] aaronc7: i just measured mine, a little over 12
wakeboarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

In ATR i guess you're talking the Boost comp in boost tables ?
 Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #4

wakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the worldwakeboarddude is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

ya sorry i dont have it on this computer so i cant remember the exact words. Its were it has boost for normal BATs and High BATs!
09 CWP Speed3 GT- CP-e Nano, Speedie6 TIP, CP-e Catless Downpipe, ED FMIC w/ GodSpeed core, Devils Own Stage 2 Meth Injection Kit, KMD v2 fuel pump internals, HKS BPV, SU full motor mounts & shifter bushings, Cobb Springs, 1 res delete in cbe, HID Fogs, AutoMeter Cobalt boost gauge, Michi OCC, Denso 1 step colder plugs, MSD DH, COBB AccessPort V105 Stage 2+sf 93 fmic

Old 05-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok! please can you confirm when you will be on your computer. Just want to make sure i'm not messing with the bad things hehe.
 Old 05-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

alright! It'll be on monday cause im out of town this weekend!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 AM   #7

AFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Um...I wouldnt suggest going WOT in 5th or 6th gear at only 3,500...thats putting a HUGE amount of load on the engine in that high of a gear. I don't go WOT in 5th or 6th unless im at like 4500 or above. If your around 3,500-4,000 in 5th or 6th, just downshift so your not putting all that load on your engine.

And wakeboarddude is refering to the "Req. load Gear X" table...
 Old 06-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks AFcadet..it is the Throttle Req. Load Gear X..and make sure to adjust it in one of the Normal BAT table!

The Following User Says Thank You to wakeboarddude For This Useful Post:
nic464 (06-03-2009)
 Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright thank you guys 1!!
 Old 06-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,055 Posts
Groans: 166
Groaned at 56 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AFcadet View Post
Um...I wouldnt suggest going WOT in 5th or 6th gear at only 3,500...thats putting a HUGE amount of load on the engine in that high of a gear. I don't go WOT in 5th or 6th unless im at like 4500 or above. If your around 3,500-4,000 in 5th or 6th, just downshift so your not putting all that load on your engine.

And wakeboarddude is refering to the "Req. load Gear X" table...
um....at 3500rpm in 6th gear, youre going 80mph. The reason that you dont load the car in low rpm's is the fuel pump not keeping up with the boost that comes with that load. The next time im on the highway, i'll be sure to note what the fp is at 3500rpm. I bet its just fine.

There were plenty of other posts about people going WOT in 5th or 6th gear at VERY LOW speeds (40mph) which is not good, but at 3500rpms at 80mph is a different story.
Blackspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #11

phantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the worldphantom6294 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Blackspeed View Post
um....at 3500rpm in 6th gear, youre going 80mph.
Actually 6th gear @ 3,500 RPM should be 93 MPH. That's by the numbers. For me, there is a 200 RPM discrepancy between my tachometer and DashHawk reading; my tachometer reads 200 RPM high.

Last edited by phantom6294; 06-03-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
phantom6294 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #12

AFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the world
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Blackspeed View Post
um....at 3500rpm in 6th gear, youre going 80mph. The reason that you dont load the car in low rpm's is the fuel pump not keeping up with the boost that comes with that load. The next time im on the highway, i'll be sure to note what the fp is at 3500rpm. I bet its just fine.

There were plenty of other posts about people going WOT in 5th or 6th gear at VERY LOW speeds (40mph) which is not good, but at 3500rpms at 80mph is a different story.
No.

Fuel Pressure has nothing to do with putting excessive load on your engine. You really shouldnt go WOT on ANY car when you are in a high gear, low RPM...period. It puts a huge amount of uneeded load on your engine.

I mean if you want to think its all about fuel pressure...go for it. But this is a general rule for all cars, it puts a huge amount of uneeded load. WOT + Low RPM + High Speeds = No No