register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #1

spool is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question ATP FMIC

Does anyone have the ATP FMIC or any hard info on it (dyno #'s, AIT's)....Does it fit without problems? And how does it stack up against other FMIC's (Cobb,CP-E,Corksport,Exhaust Depot)? Any info will be appreciated.
spool is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #2

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone ?

Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #3

aaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the worldaaronC5Z is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,836 Times in 2,377 Posts
Groans: 364
Groaned at 156 Times in 130 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

its core is tiny. i would personally not get it. nothing special or great about it really
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 - Sold
aaronC5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronC5Z For This Useful Post:
spool (05-12-2009)
 Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went ahead and got the TXS it was on sale and I've heard no complaints so far.

Thanks aaronc7

Old 05-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #5

ElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have sold a few ATP FMICs and get complaints about fitment, apparently there is a good amount of 'making it work' involved. The biggest issue seems to be shift weight clearance. The core is also one of the smaller cores on the market however it does use a genuine Garrett core which looks a lot nicer than some of the chinese cores I have seen on bigger name kits. I know that the ATP does not let you reinstall the belly pan without serious modification and the ATP is also not available with a stock bpv flange so you have to get a Greddy or HKS or Tial valve or get your own flange welded.

the ATP also puts the bpv flange on the hot pipe as opposed to the cold pipe like most other brands. This makes it almost impossible to install w/ a cold air intake without relocating the flange. At the ATP price point I usually recommend the TurboXS instead, but if you are getting a good deal on it, go for it.
 Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #6

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,672 Times in 706 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did hear the TXS core is to big and cuases pressure loss.
 Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #7

wisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gsrtype1 View Post
I did hear the TXS core is to big and cuases pressure loss.
Im lwas like wtf when I first saw my boost gauge going from steady 20 to 16 psi....from 5 to 6 k rpms .... the turbo is just out of breath
wisniaPl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #8

ElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the worldElBartoRex is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wisniaPl View Post
Im lwas like wtf when I first saw my boost gauge going from steady 20 to 16 psi....from 5 to 6 k rpms .... the turbo is just out of breath
what you are describing is the boost taper at redline-- a pressure loss from an intercooler is throughout the entire curve, it has to do with the core efficiency.
 Old 05-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #9

wisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
what you are describing is the boost taper at redline-- a pressure loss from an intercooler is throughout the entire curve, it has to do with the core efficiency.
so i gues pressure los is not that bad
 Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wisniaPl View Post
so i gues pressure los is not that bad
for most FMIC cores the pressure loss will be .5-1.5 psi
 Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I talked to TXS today and Mark said the pressure drop is a little bit higher than most, it's at about 2-2.5 but I don't think that's super bad....I think it could be overcome with proper tuning.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spool View Post
Yeah, I talked to TXS today and Mark said the pressure drop is a little bit higher than most, it's at about 2-2.5 but I don't think that's super bad....I think it could be overcome with proper tuning.
can overcome it with biger turbo
The Following User Says Thank You to wisniaPl For This Useful Post:
Darksun280 (05-12-2009)
 Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

wisniaPl, you are correct and since Mazda gave me a gigantic middle finger about my Warranty...trust me it is in the works. Just gotta figure out the set-up and the cash.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #14

thanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud ofthanotosq has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spool View Post
I went ahead and got the TXS it was on sale and I've heard no complaints so far.

Thanks aaronc7
where did you get it?
 Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #15

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,672 Times in 706 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats one thing the ets tmic u lose less pressure than stock and i'm sure with some fmic you lose less than stock too i'm just sayen.
 Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
Banned

Buildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,136 Times in 576 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 274 Times in 187 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ftw!! Get a home made one with 1.5" pipes and a super duper small core like 10x3x1.5 yayaya k04 for the win!! Ftmfw!!
Buildabong is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #17

tomsnatchez has a spectacular aura abouttomsnatchez has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

sub'd
tomsnatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got the TXS from Oakos.com and since I'm in Illinois and they're in Michigan it got here next day with ground shipping... HAHA