register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree28Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #1

ESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Blow through MAF

MOST CURRENT ENGINE BAY PIC....

UPDATED OP IN RED BELOW

So I was wondering and searching .....has anyone done a blow through on a stock k04 yet? I want to do this but i believe i have a few obstacles....
Yes they have ATE Baller did it pre BT and now me

1. no ap….I know I know WTF (but had been informed no new tune would be necessary if i stayed to close the current intake dia., which I could easily chop my fujita CAI to provide me with the maf. and pipe needed.) I do not have high hp goals just want to clean up and perfect the engine platform and efficiency so I would imagine a large maf pipe isn’t really necessary(unless this helps decrease pipe length see ?#2).
I used my CAI and cut it to use as my maf pipe meaning the dia stayed exactly the same and I did not need to tune, runs perfectly oh minus the backfires and hesitations i had before lol.

2. my new FMIC piping is going to be extremely short. The cold side will barely see 18 inches in length. In the length I have 3 x 45 degree bends and not much straight pipe. What is the absolute lowest length pre MAF can I get away with, and how much pipe do I need minimum post MAF to the TB.
I am currently running only about 5in maf to TB and 7 from maf to air straightener. I hope to extend both distances and do away with the air straighter or try out different less restrictive solutions. I the car is running perfect in its current state but want to test higher flowing setups even within the 2.75 in dia. im working with prior to a tune.

3. Once I go shorty intake on the turbo and have a blow through setup established do I then need a crankcase breather and occ system(which I know I should have any way) because oil would technically now be able to make its way to the maf now and make it yucky?
After seeing the nasty that had been going through the intake from the crankcase air line I know i need a OCC asap! But for right now i have the modified CAI and was able to use the current line fitting. Same goes for the BCS line on the TIp even though you can run without both with the blow through setup.

4. Besides the air straightener is there any other tricks to be able to obtain a shorter distance of short pipe pre maf and post maf?
Larger pipe dia and air straighteners are the only way to shorten the distance, but with larger pipe a tune is necessary. I found my air straightener honeycomb from a ls1

5. Other then better ecu read outs, crisper throttle response , eliminating rich dips due to fmic, ability to run vta, less restriction on the intake side are there any other benefits or any downsides? Running the BOV on the hot side i see to be another benefit, but other then the car running better then ever what more do you need to know logs to come soon!

Thank you. Im doing my best to learn. The next fmic I make is going to be epically short and I want to incorporate as many features as possible at the start of the project to help prevent future revisions. Plus right now im broke so im in mass build planning mode. I want to know what I want to do and how im going to do it so I can approach it in the most cost effective way.

IMPRESSIONS:
So far so good, really enjoy the lack of backfires and clean smooth running conditions and yet still having VTA, especially now that its on the hotside. The ecu seems to be happy no cels or issues as of yet. Ill keep everyone informed on changes to the system and any issues if any as i come across them. Honestly it was a very easy job, took a bit of forethought and time. It was also great having @weakdog85 there to help! Also big thanks to all the guys that helped with contributing info.
rfinkle2 likes this.
-2.75 Blow Through MAF/Custom CXracing FMIC&BOV/Fujita SRI/AEM dryflow/PG TIP/SLS TP/Exhaust Delete/NGK LTR7IX11 plugs/ TB Coolant BP/Bat->Trunk Relocation/JBR egr delete
-TWM Stage 2 Short Shifter/JBR Weighted Shift Knob/TWM 4in Shifter Extender
-Emil Drilled/Slotted rotors/Hawk HP Pads/Clutch Pedal Mod/Shift Counter Weight Mod
-Custom Vented Hood/Custom Front Bumper/Emblem delete/Prosport Mech. boost gauge

Last edited by ESB Jiu JItsu; 08-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.
ESB Jiu JItsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ESB Jiu JItsu For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (08-21-2012), Fail_6 (12-11-2013), Menace1 (05-05-2013), ms3blackmica (08-30-2012), rfinkle2 (08-15-2012), RichieRichness (08-17-2012), shadesofgray19 (08-13-2012), tddvrrn (08-27-2012), torquemaniac (08-02-2014)
 Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #2

chuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,543 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For one, your iat's won't be accurate anymore. Secondly, you can use a maf housing from spectre and a generic air straightener.

Tapatalking
ESB Jiu JItsu likes this.

13.7@ 96 w/1.8 60ft (SRI, AP)
13.4@ 102 w/1.9 60ft (SRI,AP,WAIC,TIG, Internals, ITV22's)

chuckms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chuckms6 For This Useful Post:
ESB Jiu JItsu (08-08-2012)
 Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #3

ESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

2 amazing bits of information! that will allow me to not have to hack up my fujita CAI and sell for a profit to go to later projects! along with the TIP once I go blow through. thank you! any help on any of the other questions? I have seen a few posts on other boards of people going with stock 2.75 size and not needing a tune. The big questions are my distances.
-2.75 Blow Through MAF/Custom CXracing FMIC&BOV/Fujita SRI/AEM dryflow/PG TIP/SLS TP/Exhaust Delete/NGK LTR7IX11 plugs/ TB Coolant BP/Bat->Trunk Relocation/JBR egr delete
-Emil Drilled/Slotted rotors/Hawk HP Pads/Clutch Pedal Mod/Shift Counter Weight Mod
-Custom Vented Hood/Custom Front Bumper/Emblem delete/Prosport Mech. boost gauge
 Old 08-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

chuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ESB Jiu JItsu View Post
2 amazing bits of information! that will allow me to not have to hack up my fujita CAI and sell for a profit to go to later projects! along with the TIP once I go blow through. thank you! any help on any of the other questions? I have seen a few posts on other boards of people going with stock 2.75 size and not needing a tune. The big questions are my distances.
The air straightener takes care of 2 and 4, and you do need an AP if you want to do this, just because the temp measurements will need to be adjusted for, I don't think the stock tune will be up to part at this point. You actually needed one for a while...

Tapatalking

ESB Jiu JItsu (08-09-2012)
 Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #5

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,746 Times in 2,277 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Seriously ESB, all that hard work on the custom FMIC, all that detail work, and no AP to really take the most benefit from it??? da fuq man?

I'm gonna sound like a fanboi, but cease & desist until you have an AP.

Think of an AP as a force multiplier. Everything you do, you can make better, and you can log for real world results and real world comparisons.

I spotted one used for just $450 earlier today.....
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Black Metal (08-14-2012), chuckms6 (08-08-2012), ESB Jiu JItsu (08-09-2012), rfinkle2 (11-13-2012)
 Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #6

Sid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,402 Times in 3,992 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why?

Edit: vvv thank you my point exactly.

Last edited by Sid3wayS; 08-08-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Sid3wayS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #7

kritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,792 Times in 4,852 Posts
Groans: 95
Groaned at 48 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reinventing disc like device to mount rubber doughnut like mass to roll on.
Sid3wayS (08-08-2012)
 Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol thanks guys..... I know im such a cheap ass and 450 is sooooooooooooo much money in my world. Nearly impossible to get to right now and I have all this pipe and time and if i can physically do it i can afford it. make sense? I know its not the best way but i figured if it didnt harm anything then I would be fine but if the gurus say no.... then i may be at a stand still. Just looking for round about ways to mod things without needing to buy a $450 ap. May not be much to some but right now thats seriously many months of no mods to save for 1. And im the type of guy that needs to have car time. I would rather 100 1hp mods then one 100 hp mod because of my financial situation. So im just trying to do things here and there i see that may be possible holding off for maybe a bonus or me finding money on the street lol so i can afford an AP. I understand im not getting all the hp out of my mods but once i do get an ap shit is going to flyyyyyyy! lol. Until then im fine with not having a perfect tune so long as the car is happy and so far so good. I also dont want to mess that up but i was hoping blow through would be something I could do and then actually sell my intake and inlet for AP $ so I have a plan but maybe not a good one.

If everyone on the board donated .25 cents I could afford an AP! lol I need to start a fund Raising thread "Get Cheapass an Ap fund" lol Sooooooooo much shame...... ha
 Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #9

kritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Or you can do more suspension mods, I don't see a RSB.
 Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #10

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have any means of monitoring at this point? Any idea what your fuel trims or fuel pressure are doing?

-> not bitchy! Just curious...
340hp / 371tq
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (12-05-2012)
 Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
Do you have any means of monitoring at this point? Any idea what your fuel trims or fuel pressure are doing?

-> not bitchy! Just curious...
Yes using dash command and Torque, also have a friend on the board that has a cobb AP to help check those programs as well. Fuel trims look amazing and fuel pressure is responsive and strong. So far she looks to be holding well Im happily surprised. Only thing i do suffer from is rich dips due to the fmic i believe which is another reason to go blow through. And im also VTA so yet another reason to go blow through.

Im currently reading this...
Operation Relocated MAF: Underway - Page 7 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

not done yet though.... looks as if stock maf housing size = no new cal needed..... but.... i want to be sure...and also need to plan the rest of the build like an OCC? breather? intake setup. AIT sensor? etc

And im here on the forums for help insight and knowledge not to bicker or get offended. I have always appreciated the advice i get here. So i wouldn't think your being bitchy just looking out for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to ESB Jiu JItsu For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (08-09-2012)
 Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #12

speedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

word from the wise, you have to pay to play, i dont mean buy a lot of mods to play, i mean you mess with little things, maybe of not the best quality or just seeing if things work, especially without monitoring, you will end up paying much more in the end for broken parts, new engine, etc...so if money is very tight, i would take it easy with the modding, dont want to end up with a blown engine and no car and no money..
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 - Ptp SST, Cobb AP, SSP 3.5" Intake, SURE Sidewinder, Autotech HPFP Internals, PTP 2150 psi HPRV, Cp-e Injector Seals, PTP Injector Studs, Jbarone TIG's, VTCS Delete, ETS 3.25" TMIC, M2 Catless Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, MD OCC, Denso ITV 22, H & R springs, Energy Suspension Rear Sway Bar Bushings, Dashhawk, Hawk HPs Pads, Centric Rotors, Street Unit Rear Motor Mount, TWM Stage II Shifter with Solid Bushings and Weighted Shift Knob, Autometer Mechanical Boost Gauge
speedms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedms6 For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thank you as stated i am monitoring i just cannot tune. So im not blind, def and dumb..... just dumb
tddvrrn (08-27-2012)
 Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also one more question.... im assuming the boost control vacuum line thats on the TIP is not required once going blow through... so just remove it?

Im thinking that i could test the setup very easily so long as no one thinks it will harm my system.

Step 1- Cut down fujita CAI so that im left with a straight MAF pipe @ 2.75 thick

Step 2-insert air straightener at end of new maf pipe

Step 3- Put my new Maf pipe in place of where my bov flage pipe is currently(in front of TB)

Step 4- Move the BOV pipe to the top side of the hot side pipes

Step 5- Then just put my CAI filter at the end of the now shortened CAI pipe w/o the maf just for testing leaving the TIP in place and hooked up for simplicity sake.

Step 6- Reset ecu and monitor EVERYTHING

Step 7- Be easy on her for a few

Obviously it wouldnt be that much harder to take off the TIP and add filter right to the turbo but im worried i need a breather system for the crankcase then at that point..... trying to test this with limited investment obviously.
 Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #15

uncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,059 Times in 521 Posts
Groans: 165
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also one more question.... im assuming the boost control vacuum line thats on the TIP is not required once going blow through... so just remove it?

Im thinking that i could test the setup very easily so long as no one thinks it will harm my system.

Step 1- Cut down fujita CAI so that im left with a straight MAF pipe @ 2.75 thick

Step 2-insert air straightener at end of new maf pipe

Step 3- Put my new Maf pipe in place of where my bov flage pipe is currently(in front of TB)

Step 4- Move the BOV pipe to the top side of the hot side pipes

Step 5- Then just put my CAI filter at the end of the now shortened CAI pipe w/o the maf just for testing leaving the TIP in place and hooked up for simplicity sake.

Step 6- Reset ecu and monitor EVERYTHING

Step 7- Be easy on her for a few

Obviously it wouldnt be that much harder to take off the TIP and add filter right to the turbo but im worried i need a breather system for the crankcase then at that point..... trying to test this with limited investment obviously.
I'm looking at building one as well, I will be mocking it up using 10 ft of PVC that costs 16 dollars at lowes, before I buy the pipe from treadstone. I would suggest that route for you as well.

Stocked out selling parts.

2011 Black MS3
-GTX3071R , 38mm Tial Wastegate, CPE Exhaust Manifold, Cobb AP, HKS SSQV 4, Autotech Internals, JBR SSP & Bushings, JBR Fully mounted 88 duro, JBR OCC, JBR EGR delete, TWM M1Knob, H&R springs, Ultimate Racing Turbo back, NKG plugs, CP-E FMIC, big MAF, big TIP, Grimmspeed MBC, SPC Rear Camber Arms, JBR Sway bar.

2006 Jeep Wrangler
-20 grand of Shit
uncorked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I appreciate the advice but i already have all the piping needed just making sure my ecu wont freak because I do not have an AP to tune Also if your gonig to do an FMIC build check out my build post! it may help! http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-setup-117232/
 Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

MAF cal is the first step kiddo and get a HPFP! Save your pennies and get with the program.
 Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #18

uncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,059 Times in 521 Posts
Groans: 165
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I appreciate the advice but i already have all the piping needed just making sure my ecu wont freak because I do not have an AP to tune Also if your gonig to do an FMIC build check out my build post! it may help! http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-setup-117232/
Ok I have a FMIC I just need to redo my cold pipe, please get the AP, $500 now is better then $5000 later man

Stocked out selling parts.

2011 Black MS3
-GTX3071R , 38mm Tial Wastegate, CPE Exhaust Manifold, Cobb AP, HKS SSQV 4, Autotech Internals, JBR SSP & Bushings, JBR Fully mounted 88 duro, JBR OCC, JBR EGR delete, TWM M1Knob, H&R springs, Ultimate Racing Turbo back, NKG plugs, CP-E FMIC, big MAF, big TIP, Grimmspeed MBC, SPC Rear Camber Arms, JBR Sway bar.

2006 Jeep Wrangler
-20 grand of Shit
uncorked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uncorked11 For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a picture of the CAI MAF pipe i can use for the relocation

Also happened to find a nice guy locally with one of these for free SCORE!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So i figured fuck it i might never have an AP lol so who cares!

BLOW THROUGH MAF FIRST START UP AND MORE IMPORTANTLY RUN!!!!!

DIY thread to follow but wow does she run amazing now!!!! And the bov is so much more reactive i feel on the hot side, much louder too now with the shortened Fujita. Need to make it a CAB now.

@djuosnteisn thanks for the vote of confidence man!
weakdog85 likes this.
 Old 08-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

UPDATED THE OP WITH PICS, INFO, AND IMPRESSIONS!!!!
 Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@weakdog85 came over last night and stole my battery!!!!

Never mind i found it!!! He just bolted it into my trunk for me!

Time to work on some funky intake solutions!!! Hope i still remember how to work with fiberglass its been so long since i molded Z3 fenders into my camry 13 years ago bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Also just an update, i decided to try and run without my straightener and no issues. I was worried my current straightener was too much of a resistance in the system. I plan on getting a maf screen with a larger dia. honeycombs vs the one i have now. Logs to come soon both pre and post blow through maf
 Old 08-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

you could probably do a 2"-3" coupler off the turbo to a 3" 45° pipe and a 3" 90° silicone hose to the filter, and have the filter sit where the battery was.

ESB Jiu JItsu (08-22-2012)
 Old 08-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

basically what i intend to do, but then encase the filter in a fiberglass tunnel that will connect with my hood vent to help pull in cold air and will be wrapped to reflect ambient under hood heat.
 Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #25

deadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the world
Groans: 82
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just go all out and have some piping split off the cold air from your A/C. :what:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
2010 Mazdaspeed3- Installed Mods:- GT 3071 (Ported,polished, and coated by Grimmspeed) Polished and coated throttle body (Grimmspeed)TWM Performance Full Replacement Short Shifter Kit, Corksport FMIC (Upgraded size and coated by Calico Coatings), HTP 4" SRI, Forge V2 BPV, Corksport coolant hoses, NGK Iridum, COBB AP, Full Race DP (ceramic coated), Corksport hangers,JBR EGR block off, Autotech HPFP internals. Glowshift triple gauge pod, Aeroforce Interceptor dual gauges, STRI Imperial boost gauge.Stratified EBCS.RSB and Rear Camber Arms ( JBR ). Tein EDFC kit - Tein Super Street Coilovers . Enkei Racing RPF1 .GTSPEC bracing (front to rear)Corksport FSB..StopTech SS Brake Lines-SportStop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors-StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads.. Stratified Boost dial and Guardian Angel. JMF Intake manifold. Full Race Exhaust Manifold (ceramic coated). Damond Motorsports CC. SSP CC. PERM PCV Plate. 3bar MAP. , CP-E Triton full exhaust(Tuning provided by Stratified Tuning)
deadlandxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #26

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,821 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

technically, no that Wastegate Solenoid line going to the intake is not necessary if you are going blow thru.

that line is just the bleeded air that the wastegate solenoid is taking away from the source to the wastegate, so the wastegate sees less than actual boost level, giving you more boost. its just a dump line.
deadlandxtreme (08-14-2012), ESB Jiu JItsu (08-14-2012)
 Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome converting to a shorty intake off the turbo tonight and then this weekend ill get to work on my tunnel concept. No to be confused with ram air this will simply draw in cold air from the top of my hood vent but not force air. Just simply trying to get a cold air source but leave the pipe bends out of it
deadlandxtreme likes this.
deadlandxtreme (08-15-2012)
 Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Some pictures from last nights shorty intake proceedings!!!

Not bad for 110,000 miles

I cleared away a few useless brackets and had the perfect amount of space for an even shorter version of my shortened Fujita

Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #29

Sid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,402 Times in 3,992 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do u have any way of momitoring what your car is doing besides "it feels good". Just because everything seems ok does not mean it is. You should realy try and invest in some sort of monitoring device if you havnt already.

Sid3wayS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Really curious to see what your fuel trims look like now
340hp / 371tq
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
chuckms6 (08-15-2012)
 Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sid3wayS View Post
Do u have any way of momitoring what your car is doing besides "it feels good". Just because everything seems ok does not mean it is. You should realy try and invest in some sort of monitoring device if you havnt already.
Yes 3 different forms..... 2 ways on my android devices Torque and Dash command and Im also using an AP to just monitor, no tuning. (because its not mine ) Should have some postable logs tonight Been sorting out a boost leak on my FMIC setup since i had to fuss with it a bit once setting up the blow through. Been driving it very cautiously letting everything settle, but honestly never felt smoother, surprises me everytime i start her up.
 Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #32

Chriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the world
Groans: 137
Groaned at 17 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hood is meh closeup.... give me another angle of the hood bumper work
Chriscote is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Chriscote View Post
hood is meh closeup.... give me another angle of the hood bumper work
your shit looks ugly from this angle....but show me some more pics so i can tell you how ugly it looks....

thats kinda what that sounds like fyi.....but its all good I dont think it will look any different from any angle so I think its just a preference thing. I thought the stock hood looked boring and served no purpose in cooling so i cut that sucker up. To each their own, but the function is unbeatable.
 Old 08-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #34

Chriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the worldChriscote is the leader of the world
Groans: 137
Groaned at 17 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats just how YOU took it. I ment that it had potential to look good did not mean to get ya all butthurt sorry
Chriscote is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chriscote For This Useful Post:
ESB Jiu JItsu (08-15-2012)
 Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wasnt butt hurt but it sure read that way in my 8am brain lol
Im getting too use to the MSF negativity lol i tend to expect it from my posts hahahahaha!
My apologies!

Here is the front view.... photobucket is being weird so ill post more later...

Old 08-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #36

Downmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,970 Posts
Groans: 493
Groaned at 92 Times in 63 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

WTF HAVE YOU DONE TO THAT POOR POOR CAR???????????????????????/

700HP CLUB
Former World Record Mazdaspeed 60' 1.603
11.479@124mph

10second car with an 11second driver
#DIX

-Builds 700hp MS6, buys miata, sells said MS6!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Downmented For This Useful Post:
Colin1337 (08-16-2012), ESB Jiu JItsu (08-16-2012), speedms6 (08-16-2012), thehead (08-21-2012)
 Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #37

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

a misunderstanding between me and a lady a long time ago.... just used the repair check for other things at the time and money doesn't grow on trees so i make blow through setups vs getting front end damage repaired lol. All in good time
 Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #38

Downmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,970 Posts
Groans: 493
Groaned at 92 Times in 63 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your lack of both of your front grills and your make shift hood grill scoop thing did not occur from a collision with another vehicle.

700HP CLUB
Former World Record Mazdaspeed 60' 1.603
11.479@124mph

10second car with an 11second driver
#DIX

-Builds 700hp MS6, buys miata, sells said MS6!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #39

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Downmented View Post
Your lack of both of your front grills and your make shift hood grill scoop thing did not occur from a collision with another vehicle.
oh no....lol that was me Some of it was compensating for the damage but the hood that was all me. I love it. Works and looks amazing! And now that my intake is adjacently mounted under the hood, im seeing same bats even after switching from CAI to shorty intake right off turbo after the blow through. Without the battery there and the TIP the engine really has some room to breathe and all that hot air just goes right out the top. I highly recommend it.
 Old 08-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

I am curious about the hood vent in regards to the elements- rain, snow & such?
340hp / 371tq
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Downmented (08-17-2012), RichieRichness (08-20-2012)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f11/blow-through-maf-121189/
Posted By For Type Date
blow through maf - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 02-19-2014 04:44 AM
• View topic - Blow Through MAF This thread Refback 10-31-2012 03:17 AM