register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcmurphy87

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #1

mrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 9
Groaned at 20 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default blow through maf help

So I'm looking at converting my ms6 to a blow-through maf. I have the altered customs fmic kit and am in the process of a gtx3076r build. I guess my main question is if the pipe I put my maf in will have to be the same size as the intercooler piping. The maf pipe I was going to plumb in is 3.5" and my intercooler piping is 2.5". Something tells me this just won't work lol. Figured I would ask some people on here that are a bit more knowledgeable first.
 Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #2

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Depending on the power levels u want that will determine the meter housing size . U will need at least a 3 " with a 3076.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
mrkdspd (07-22-2011)
 Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #3

mrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond reputemrkdspd has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats why I wanted to just go with the 3.5". I just don't know if its going to cause any issues going from 2.5" to 3.5" back down to 2.75" into the throttle body.
 Old 07-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #4

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nope , its fine on a push through ,It's done all the time. A 3" would prob be fine. I can't remember the site ,but there's a company that makes them for subbies and It's the same housing for our cars. I'll see if I can find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
mrkdspd (07-22-2011)
 Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Nope , its fine on a push through ,It's done all the time. A 3" would prob be fine. I can't remember the site ,but there's a company that makes them for subbies and It's the same housing for our cars. I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks alot man! I'll be getting the housing from treadstone. Any idea on what tuning needs to be done when I switch to this? I thought I saw a thread about maf calibration for a larger maf housing a while ago but can't find it.
 Old 07-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Found it kstech.biz if u call them they will point u to what u need.

U have to re-cal the maf everything else should be the same I would think. Never tuned a push thru.

Last edited by kmac; 07-22-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #7

ESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just curious if the op ever ended up doing this. Just been researching blow through setups and im intrigued.
-2.75 Blow Through MAF/Custom CXracing FMIC&BOV/Fujita SRI/AEM dryflow/PG TIP/SLS TP/Exhaust Delete/NGK LTR7IX11 plugs/ TB Coolant BP/Bat->Trunk Relocation/JBR egr delete
-TWM Stage 2 Short Shifter/JBR Weighted Shift Knob/TWM 4in Shifter Extender
-Emil Drilled/Slotted rotors/Hawk HP Pads/Clutch Pedal Mod/Shift Counter Weight Mod
-Custom Vented Hood/Custom Front Bumper/Emblem delete/Prosport Mech. boost gauge
ESB Jiu JItsu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Banned

dantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,891 Times in 3,580 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 52 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dont think its as easy as just cutting a peace of piping and putting on a maf pipe and calling it down. I think you need much longer 3.5" piping before the maf for it to be more stable. Dustin talks about this and thats where i read it. He actually made a whole ingercooler pipe or at least a good about of it, the size he wanted. Then i think it becomes a normal maf cal at this point.
dantes5823 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dantes5823 For This Useful Post:
ESB Jiu JItsu (08-09-2012)
 Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #9

bcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the worldbcmurphy87 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,412 Times in 532 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea its not very easy but if you take your time its very doable. I think that its alot easier on the 3 than the 6. The key to success is to have plenty of the larger blow-thru pipe before the maf to allow the air to properly expand and an air straightener before the maf. At least that's what it took for me on my 6.
ESB Jiu JItsu likes this.

06 Speed6 GT- Sold

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
just bang out the tight spots.
bcmurphy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcmurphy87 For This Useful Post:
dantes5823 (08-06-2012), ESB Jiu JItsu (08-06-2012)
 Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #10

ESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the worldESB Jiu JItsu is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

perfect information thank you! with my new extremely short FMIC pipe kit idea i dont think ill have enough length prior to the maf.
-2.75 Blow Through MAF/Custom CXracing FMIC&BOV/Fujita SRI/AEM dryflow/PG TIP/SLS TP/Exhaust Delete/NGK LTR7IX11 plugs/ TB Coolant BP/Bat->Trunk Relocation/JBR egr delete
-Emil Drilled/Slotted rotors/Hawk HP Pads/Clutch Pedal Mod/Shift Counter Weight Mod
-Custom Vented Hood/Custom Front Bumper/Emblem delete/Prosport Mech. boost gauge
 Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dantes5823 View Post
I dont think its as easy as just cutting a peace of piping and putting on a maf pipe and calling it down. I think you need much longer 3.5" piping before the maf for it to be more stable. Dustin talks about this and thats where i read it. He actually made a whole ingercooler pipe or at least a good about of it, the size he wanted. Then i think it becomes a normal maf cal at this point.
it actually is that easy well close to it

Blow through MAF