register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By GroceryGtr
  • 1 Post By GroceryGtr
  • 1 Post By OverBoosted
  • 2 Post By torquemaniac
  • 1 Post By Code Monkey
  • 1 Post By myarbro1

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #1

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default BNR Has solved our Oil Drain Line Fiasco!

First off thanks to CodeMonkey for finding this. Just spoke with Brian at BNR and he says he has no issues with selling the drain kits separately from the s4 kits. For the time being it looks like you'll need to order directly from BNR, but I'm guessing Edge/etc will start offering the kit as well. I have mine on the way, so I just need to cry a little and put my big boy pants on to go pull the stocker off for no reason other than community love... Code Monkey should also have some fit/function feedback as well.

I think the kits are around $90 and well worth the money for those of us who have had emotional breakdowns over the stock line. Should make turbo swaps a dream. The big thing that makes these special is A. the block adapter and B. the flared ends that will prevent leaking like you get with just cutting the stock pipe in half.

Code Monkey likes this.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (04-24-2018), Db09ms3 (04-23-2018), kTaLgsTo (04-23-2018), speed23 (04-23-2018)
 Old 04-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #2

LenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If this will work on MS6, I'm all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake...
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump, vented oil cap with baffle, Speed Solutions PTO bearing caps, All Damond mounts

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far
'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
'79 AMC Spirit AMX, 4.6L stroker I6
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #3

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I never understood why so many have issues with the drain line.

I'm glad there is finally an off the shelf solution, but it's really cheap to have a -10 fitting welded to a cut off stock drain line.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2018, 06:53 AM   #4

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

len - yes it fits the ms6, check codemonkey's race car thread last post he has pics of it installed.

'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
The Following User Says Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Useful Post:
LenSpeed6 (04-29-2018)
 Old 04-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #5

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Link to the said pictures.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
LenSpeed6 (04-29-2018)
 Old 05-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #6

LenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud ofLenSpeed6 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any update on a part number for this kit?
Can someone easily email BNR and just ask for an oil return line kit?

It would be cool if there was a separate link on the website to buy stuff that comes in one of their kits, but I do understand the logic that they would rather sell you a whole turbo kit instead of just certain parts for it.
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump, vented oil cap with baffle, Speed Solutions PTO bearing caps, All Damond mounts

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far
'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
'79 AMC Spirit AMX, 4.6L stroker I6
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yep, just send bryan an email and he will get you squared away. they are not listed on the site.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #8

mikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

For pretty much the same price, why wouldn't you just get one of the nice ones that Eric makes?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
2007 ms6, BNR S3, JBR 3" silcone intake, streetunit tmic, ATP 3" dp, WW 3" dp back, Autotech hpfp, denso itv22 plugs, synapse synchronic bpv, Cobb ebcs, egr block off, cobb ap v3, Damond pmm, AWR tmm, jbr rmm, cpe rear diff mount, AEM trunk mount meth, 3bar map, cpe safeseals, SP63 4032 88mm pistons, Manley H beam rods, bsd w/baffle, mild head and im porting, vtcs delete, balanced bottom end, cm850 w/ steel fw, Innovate failsafe, guardian angel v3
mikey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikey27 For This Useful Post:
impossible (06-24-2018), myarbro1 (05-29-2018)
 Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #9

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 211
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mikey27 View Post
For pretty much the same price, why wouldn't you just get one of the nice ones that Eric makes?

Who is Eric and how much? Is this helpful for any turbo install or specific ones? I have a BNR S3 to install soon.

What caused that block to vent?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

because I doubt that one would fit the speed6 xfercase clearance, and the bnr is the only one I am aware of that is confirmed to work with the speed 6. There are tons of solutions for the speed 3 guys, bnr is the only one to date verified to fit a 6.

The Following User Says Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Useful Post:
Thor Hammer (05-23-2018)
 Old 05-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #11

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
because I doubt that one would fit the speed6 xfercase clearance, and the bnr is the only one I am aware of that is confirmed to work with the speed 6. There are tons of solutions for the speed 3 guys, bnr is the only one to date verified to fit a 6.
Erik's fit the speed6, and he's got versions for most (all? I'm not sure) of the major turbos.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
myarbro1 (05-29-2018)
 Old 05-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

good, then he should post it up and share it with the rest of the community.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #13

SpeedyTurd has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedyTurd has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedyTurd has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not sure if he is on the forums or not otherwise I would tag him....

As far as the oil drain line goes Eric has quite a few options for speed3 and 6 for different turbos. Not sure if the kit that he makes comes pre assembled ready to go or if you have to assemble it which I think you can make what ever length you need for your liking.

You can reach Eric on his Facebook page.. he's also the one that makes the best tucked wire harness for the entire speed community. Many options for those as well.

(Mazdaspeedwiretuck)

https://m.facebook.com/mazdaspeedwiretuck/
SpeedyTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpeedyTurd For This Useful Post:
 Old 05-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #14

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have an s4 and didn’t have any issues with the drain line?
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #15

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I believe the S4 works with the OEM drain line; S5 does not.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Djohns (05-27-2018), Thor Hammer (05-29-2018)
 Old 05-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #16

mikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to allmikey27 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
Who is Eric and how much? Is this helpful for any turbo install or specific ones? I have a BNR S3 to install soon.

What caused that block to vent?
http://m.facebook.com/groups/5397232...57452284299016

His pictures, idk. He just uses it for mock-up's.
He made it specifically for the ms6, it fits the ms3 by default. He's been doing it for quite some time....
Originally Posted by nindoja View Post
Erik's fit the speed6, and he's got versions for most (all? I'm not sure) of the major turbos.
This.

2007 ms6, BNR S3, JBR 3" silcone intake, streetunit tmic, ATP 3" dp, WW 3" dp back, Autotech hpfp, denso itv22 plugs, synapse synchronic bpv, Cobb ebcs, egr block off, cobb ap v3, Damond pmm, AWR tmm, jbr rmm, cpe rear diff mount, AEM trunk mount meth, 3bar map, cpe safeseals, SP63 4032 88mm pistons, Manley H beam rods, bsd w/baffle, mild head and im porting, vtcs delete, balanced bottom end, cm850 w/ steel fw, Innovate failsafe, guardian angel v3
mikey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikey27 For This Useful Post:
 Old 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #17

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 126
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

good, then he should post it up and share it with the rest of the community.
He's all over the fb groups; a ton of people are running his drain lines and wire tucks.
 Old 05-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #18

myarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yawn
Mica Black '06 Speed6 GT #02871: E85 tune by Purple Drank - AT internals - Damond RMM - WW FMM - MF CBE - eBay DP - RamFab 4" intake - Custom FMIC - GS EBCS - TS BOV - CS stress bars - CD rotors - EBC Redstuffs - H&R Sports w/ Koni Yellows - Redline hood struts - PnP IM - MS OCC's - Full Race exhaust mani - GTX2867r - CP-e rear diff mount - SURE Juggernaught - Diff caps - DSS axles - EVO 8 Brembos - lots fucking more
myarbro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myarbro1 For This Useful Post:
mikey27 (05-29-2018)
 Old 05-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #19

myarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond reputemyarbro1 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 14FF3887-825E-4EBE-854B-D72FA979DD3E.jpeg (582.8 KB, 39 views)
Mica Black '06 Speed6 GT #02871: E85 tune by Purple Drank - AT internals - Damond RMM - WW FMM - MF CBE - eBay DP - RamFab 4" intake - Custom FMIC - GS EBCS - TS BOV - CS stress bars - CD rotors - EBC Redstuffs - H&R Sports w/ Koni Yellows - Redline hood struts - PnP IM - MS OCC's - Full Race exhaust mani - GTX2867r - CP-e rear diff mount - SURE Juggernaught - Diff caps - DSS axles - EVO 8 Brembos - lots fucking more
 Old 05-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

I spy tc’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 22BB28D5-3275-41B7-93D5-911C60BB2FBF.jpeg (403.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg 46E97D44-736F-4780-989D-6EED978B0A22.jpeg (326.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpeg 3974CB1D-9FAB-4851-B516-CBE6E631A021.jpeg (491.9 KB, 26 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to myarbro1 For This Useful Post:
mikey27 (05-29-2018)
 Old 06-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #21

OverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,277 Times in 746 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone used the bnr drain line kit yet? I trried installing my S5 into my 6 yesterday and it was a huge failure.

Bottom bracket's spout rests on the transfer case. Upper brackets spout rests against the ewg of the hotside.

Not sure how they mocked this kit up but I found no way to get it on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OverBoosted is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #22

impossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 58 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought a line from Eric along with one of his wiretucked harnesses with the PI dongle for the Split Second controller. I have a Precision 6466 but he still makes them for K04, BNR CS turbo, Garrett and PTE turbos, and his lines are better quality that I'd trust over this setup
2009 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Manley bottom end, keyed and lightened crank, CNC ported head, 2018 JMF v2 port injection fueled, CM twin disk clutch and Precision 6466 turbo, Kozmic built gen2 transmission with final drive swap. Tuning by PD Tuning
impossible is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to impossible For This Useful Post:
myarbro1 (08-01-2018)
 Old 06-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by impossible View Post
I bought a line from Eric along with one of his wiretucked harnesses with the PI dongle for the Split Second controller. I have a Precision 6466 but he still makes them for K04, BNR CS turbo, Garrett and PTE turbos, and his lines are better quality that I'd trust over this setup
You should be very careful alluding to a lack of quality of a vendor that is not only well known on this forum but builds product for indy car teams...

OverBoosted - Are you saying the S5 physically wouldn't fit or the included drain kit would not fit? Code Monkey has links to his install above with the drain kit. I have also fitted the drain kit without issue, granted mine was not with a S5.

The Following User Says NO Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Un-useful Post:
sharksinspace (07-02-2018)
 Old 06-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #24

OverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the worldOverBoosted is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OverBoosted - Are you saying the S5 physically wouldn't fit or the included drain kit would not fit? Code Monkey has links to his install above with the drain kit. I have also fitted the drain kit without issue, granted mine was not with a S5.
The S5 fit in the car fine. The bottom piece of the drain kit rested against the transfer case so I couldn't get the hose on the fitting.

I was trying to install it all in the car and with the transfer case installed etc. I dropped the turbo in, bolted the cpe mani in. Then bolted the turbo up to the manifold. tried installing the hose from the two fittings and had no luck. I had to try and bend the lower fitting to get it off the transfer case and it fucked the flat flange up.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

So looking at Code Monkeys pictures I see my issues.

Red circle on my car was sitting against the transfer case. so no way to get hose on it.

Yellow circle is the fitting that I needed to allow the angles to be right. The BNR fitting goes straight down and when you try to make the line connect it kinks the hose there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5604.JPG (556.3 KB, 28 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to OverBoosted For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-25-2018)
 Old 06-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #26

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by OverBoosted View Post
So looking at Code Monkeys pictures I see my issues.

Red circle on my car was sitting against the transfer case. so no way to get hose on it.

Yellow circle is the fitting that I needed to allow the angles to be right. The BNR fitting goes straight down and when you try to make the line connect it kinks the hose there.
I would contact Bryan, he'll for sure make it right.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nindoja View Post
I would contact Bryan, he'll for sure make it right.
At this point I'm just going to get some AN fittings and make a line. Even if the lower fitting didn't hit the transfer case the upper one won't work.

Here is how I ended the night at 2am. I used the upper BNR fitting and a cut stock drain for the block side. Hose is kinked closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180625_121852.jpg (4.24 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180625_122655.jpg (4.55 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180625_122534.jpg (2.19 MB, 18 views)

Old 06-26-2018, 06:14 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea I'd definitely reach out to Bryan that kit was specifically designed for the S5 so something has to be up. Do you have the slack to clock the turbo a bit towards the block so the fitting clears the ewg, its a straight fitting uptop so it should allow you to snake around the pipe. On the block side fitting I have no clue. I don't remember Code Monkey having any issues he mentioned and I had room when I test fitted everything. Mine is the exact same thickness as the stocker and the actual part you slide the hose on sits above the lip of the xfer case.
Vegas_cs likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-26-2018), OverBoosted (06-26-2018)
 Old 06-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

Little Update: Got all the parts in to make the line. The Turbo and Block fittings are top notch for sure. Going to be installing this afternoon so I will update how it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180629_184403.jpg (4.83 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180629_184414.jpg (3.56 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180629_214335.jpg (4.19 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 00000IMG_00000_BURST20180629214446_COVER.jpg (2.20 MB, 14 views)
myarbro1 likes this.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #30

torquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

What you guy's need is not a special oil drain line, but a top-mount manifold
Code Monkey and OverBoosted like this.
Ported Holset HY35 // Custom top mount EM // Tial MV-S 38mm // Custom DP and catback // L2A intercooler with AMG CWA-100 pump// Perrin MBC // 3.25 Blow-thru MAF // Aquamist HFS-4 v.2 direct port injection // Eagle rods // Supertech 4032 pistons // Forge BPV v.2 // Perrin air/oil separator // Autotech HPFP // Custom RMM insert // TB coolant bypass // Full EGR delete // 3.5 bar MAP // Launch control with anti-lag // Derale remote transmission cooler // Upgraded transmission boost valve // Shimmed transmission accumulators // Adjusted transmission clutch control valve // Digital overboost protection system // Custom firewall heatshield // JKS rear spoiler // Painted VC and IM // BSD // Custom vent pod with boost and meth gauge // Tuned with Versatuner

"When the turbo spins the bull$hit ends" BOOST the replacement for displacement
torquemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep, a top mount would make it easy to run a drain line on MS6's.
OverBoosted likes this.

2017 Subaru BRZ
 Old 08-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thankfully you guys won't have to wait much longer. I already fabbed a -10AN line for the S5 and S6. Bryan was good enough to loan me a hotside for both so I could do so.
OverBoosted likes this.