register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #1

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Boost Gauge Flutter

Ok so I've tried 2 mechanical boost gauges now (prosport and stri) and both have needle flutter/vibrate/buzz, whatever you want to call it, when i hit peak boost which is about 19.5-20psi. some say that it could be a leak somewhere causing this or i just need to add a restrictor on the line. i am using 1/8" nylon tube that came with my stri x-line gauge and the problem is still there. anyone have this issue with the mechanical gauges?

looks like this

bova is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

mine flutters, but its like 10x worse than in that video.
 Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #3

clos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the worldclos561 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

mines flutters if i stay under vacuum for week or so only because the plastic tubing gets squished together. Try checking your lines for any kinks because the heat messes mine up. I dont have mechanical tho. And i also have a little filter installed on mine that came with the prosport premium, its to keep dust or anything out of the reciever for the psi
7-Inch Jensen Flip Out Touch Screen, HKS SSQ, MS CAI, Prosport Premium Amber/White Boost Gauge,2nd Cat Gutted, Delrin TRZ MM,16 inch FD rims,TWM shifter Bushings,COBB Turbo Inlet, 28psi, rebuilt stock block, custom rods and piston heads/gaskets, underdrive pulleys, big cams, big oil filter, stage4 clutch, stage4 DISI injectors, Fuel Pump, 4inch Catless TBE with screamer pipe, external wastegate spring modification,Methanol direct twin port duty cycle injection. Tuned by Nator Performance
clos561 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #4

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont think mine is that bad but it flutters.

as for the hose, mine is like hard nylon so it can't really kink or anything.
 Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #5

egbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have an autometer on my Focus and it flutters like mad, drives me nuts, i have looked time and time again for leaks and kinks but nothing. tempted to try another boost controller...
 Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have been looking on line and found this pressure gauge stabalizer. third product down only $3.95

DieselManor - Accessories

there is also this from http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?item=256

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?item=161
The Following User Says Thank You to bova For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-31-2009)
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #7

Docnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,402 Times in 435 Posts
Groans: 35
Not Ranked  0 score     

My autometer flutters quickly when I hit peak, but only for a second, then it is fine. Mine is nowhere near as bad as the video.
Mazdaspeed SRI, Medieval inlet, Eibach Springs, Magnaflow cbe,
3 ebay catless dp, SU rmm, HKS ssqv, JBR stage 2 ssp
Altered Customs fmic, Autotech fp internals
Cobb AP, Stage 2+ 93 tweaked
Centric blanks, EBC red pads
Lotek center gauge pod: AEM wideband, Autometer boost and volts
Tints, blacked emblems, spec-v front lip, Shark fin
Redline MT-90, ITV-22s, Matt Damond OCC

13.66@102 Lebanon Valley 4/10/11 (sri, tp, rmm, ap)

DO Meth kit waiting on install
Docnox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #8

Docnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the worldDocnox is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,402 Times in 435 Posts
Groans: 35
Not Ranked  0 score     

And I like your avator Bova. Nice wheels.
Mazdaspeed SRI, Medieval inlet, Eibach Springs, Magnaflow cbe,
3 ebay catless dp, SU rmm, HKS ssqv, JBR stage 2 ssp
Altered Customs fmic, Autotech fp internals
Cobb AP, Stage 2+ 93 tweaked
Centric blanks, EBC red pads
Lotek center gauge pod: AEM wideband, Autometer boost and volts
Tints, blacked emblems, spec-v front lip, Shark fin
Redline MT-90, ITV-22s, Matt Damond OCC

13.66@102 Lebanon Valley 4/10/11 (sri, tp, rmm, ap)

DO Meth kit waiting on install
Docnox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Alittle Faster

bioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,801 Times in 950 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a Prosport Mechanical boost gauge and it doesn't flutter like that. What's up with that?
bioevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Boost Whore

Unoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,902 Times in 484 Posts
Groans: 223
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wow thats why i didn't go with cheap gauges... madad ftw

"God created turbo lag to give v8's a chance"
Unoriginalusername is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

is your madad gauge mechanical?
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #12

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,014 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you need a restrictor pill going to the gauge.

my prosport works perfect...
sorry the vid is sideways, from my phone

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Boost Whore

Unoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,902 Times in 484 Posts
Groans: 223
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bova80 View Post
is your madad gauge mechanical?
you bet

"God created turbo lag to give v8's a chance"
Unoriginalusername is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well i fixed the problem. i just moved the filter i have on the hose for the hks ssqv to before the T so now it filters for both the ssqv and my boost gauge. no more flutter.
 Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 03-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #16

egbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to allegbertnr is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

you moved the filter...do you have a pic or something I would like to see that.
 Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

not til tomorrow but i'll explain

it goes from intake manifold to the filter to the t fitting then the t goes to hks ssqv and boost gauge.
 Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

filter...are we talking orifice here actual filter...I will wait for pics....a little cloudy here.
Thanks again for the explanation
 Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #19

skeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,345 Times in 817 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the hks comes with a little round fitler for the vac line

HKS MINI VACUUM FILTER: 6MM-Options Auto Salon

bad pic lol.

2008 Speed 3 GT- Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, AQ Motorsports DP (Turboxs Adapter Plate), TurboXS FMIC, GReddy CBE, GReddy BPV, 3P Flange, GReddy TT, GReddy Boost Gauge, Vent Pod, GReddy Shift Knob, SU Shifter Bushings, AWR RMM, Cobb RSB, Cobb AP, Cobb Shifter Weight, Autotech FP Internals, Corksport Exhaust Hangers. "parked hard"

1996 200sx SE-R- Injen CAI, GReddy SP CBE, Tein Basic Coilovers, Progress FSB, Clutch Masters Flywheel, Progress RSB, Cusco FSTB, Progress LCAB, Prothane MM, JWT POP Program, JWT S4 Cams, Mishimoto Radiator, GoodRidge SS Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Nismo CF Shift Knob. "back in action"
skeeter149 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter149 For This Useful Post:
egbertnr (04-01-2009)
 Old 04-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

exactly, its like a fuel line filter but its the one skeeter pictured. basically it helps keep pulse waves down, which creates that flutter in gauges. thats not it's main purpose obviously, but it helps.

Last edited by bova; 04-01-2009 at 06:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bova For This Useful Post:
egbertnr (04-01-2009)
 Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

I might have to try one of those, to see if it helps my car.
Thanks guys
 Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #22

2k6speed6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

As described above. Had a mechanical autometer boost gauge. Did the same thing.
2k6speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote