register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #41

7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is a couple... but I have never been to ether one. I had an appointment to go to a place, then that shop closed down. I know that National Speed in Wilmington is supposed to be good.

That sucks about the PG headers. I need to order some headers i am thinking about going with the DNP?
7mileshome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #42

JimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well the PG manifold might be here by next weekend maybe. But I'll be out of state Saturday. Might do the install Sunday. But I have 5 mid-term essay's due the following week. So if not next weekend, maybe the next. Although I do have 3 days off of school. So maybe? I'll post up any results and how the GT28 responses to it. Tonight I spiked up to 24psi. I think that happens when I run up too high in the rpms to shift. I try to keep my shifts under 6000rpms to hit a sweet spot for the next gear. Usually the spikes are 22 psi.

Anyways, I'll look up that Wilmington shop. Thanks for the info.
 Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #43

JimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the worldJimmyMac is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Manifold finally arrived Friday. Installed it friday night. Here's the pic of the PG manifold with ceramic coating by Jet-Hot. (posted this pic in the PG threads) Now I can start to get down and dirty with some SB tuning. Then off to the dyno. Gotta wait for decent weather though...

RocketScientist (04-24-2010)
 Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #44

7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world7mileshome is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice... Looks good. How hard was it to get the stock manifold off?

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT Black Mica [sold]
Built motor, Etc.
383 hp 401 tq GTX2867R @ 25 psi
 Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #45

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well for me, getting the stock manifold off with the stock turbo was a piece of cake. However, with the GT turbo, it's kinda a pain in the ass because of the studs sticking out of the head and the big fat compressor housing on the GT turbo. I played dumb and didn't unbolt the dp from the turbo. So I had to man handle the manifold out of there. I didn't bother taking off the valve cover either. It may seem impossible. But I found a way to get the PG manifold in there. Kinda like the preschool ball with shaped holes in it, and you had to put the correct block into the correct hole to fit it in there.

I wish the weather would warm up so I can head out to tune the car some. I'll play with it this weekend. Wish I had the Standback V3 software. I hate the V2 software. PITA.

Hey, where do they cruise in Fay? What's the main strip?
 Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

the main places alot of people go are skibo rd. or raeford rd.

Have you noticed any other exhaust manifolds that are good? Besides PG?

Built motor, Etc.
 Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #47

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

DNP looks good. But I would wait for the Steedspeed. That looks to be a pretty good unit with an external wg port already machined into the unit for future upgrade possibilities.
 Old 03-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #48

ilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to beholdilusch is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did ATP fix the problem with the boost creep?

When not, how can we fix it without using a external westgate?
ilusch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #49

dlogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any update if ATP fix the problem with the boost creep?
dlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

No, they said it was not the turbo causing the issue. They suggested getting an external wastegate, or porting the internal wastegate (causing it to leak boost BTW.) Another option that they offer is a "surge protected compressor housing"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anti-surge-option.jpg (15.0 KB, 10 views)

Built motor, Etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7mileshome For This Useful Post:
dlogic (09-13-2009)
 Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #51
18psiWhiteMS3
Lurkers

anyone have pics of the restricter pills ?>
 Old 12-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #52
Banned

cageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the worldcageyvet is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,090 Times in 305 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 113 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whos using the 2871
cageyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #53
Approved MSF Vendor

www.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,675 Times in 997 Posts
Groaned at 115 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Use t3 flanged turbos. I would advise going with that over an ATP stock flanged turbo ANY day.
www.cp-e.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #54

phong3992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

gt turbo's ftw
phong3992 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to phong3992 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #55

silverspeed 3 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I took my turbo off my 2007 speed 3 today no blades left on compressor side of turbo and was making 5 to 9 psi.I spoke to B N R turbo has anyone used there stage two upgrade whch bolts up to my down pipe and exhaust manifold .Looking for feed back before i make a purchase,i would greatly appreciate ny members imput.My car has mazdaspeed cai,greedy exhaust,turbo xs dp,rp,bov,accessport.
silverspeed 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #56

DSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,168 Times in 674 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silverspeed 3 View Post
I took my turbo off my 2007 speed 3 today no blades left on compressor side of turbo and was making 5 to 9 psi.I spoke to B N R turbo has anyone used there stage two upgrade whch bolts up to my down pipe and exhaust manifold .Looking for feed back before i make a purchase,i would greatly appreciate ny members imput.My car has mazdaspeed cai,greedy exhaust,turbo xs dp,rp,bov,accessport.
Bryan is working on mine now. Probably goin to be a month or so b4 its done, but ill let u know how it all works out when I get it

99 Miata NB - Stock for now

Building a EFR 6258 Kit w/ Megasquirt 2 enhanced, COPs, Methanol, 750cc Injectors
DSIT995 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #57

mattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

im wanting to get the gt35r and i had a question about how the whole 2-1 hoses work and how it goes to stock soleniod...i kno u will say read the thread and go to link but the link isnt working for me and ive tried searching and thats not working so if u could paste it in here on how u could hook that up that would be great
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT...Fully Forged Block...Ported Heads...Wiseco Forged Pistons/Pauter Forged Rods...COBB SRI...COBB DP...COBB AP...PnP Fuel Pump Internals...Cometic Head Gasket...ARP Head Studs...Denso Iridium HR:8...StreetUnit Rear Motor Mount...ACT 6 Puck Sprung Clutch Kit...Aluminum Flywheel...
mattizle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #58

Not Ranked  0 score     

JimmyMac describes it best on the first post of this thread.

Built motor, Etc.
 Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #59

mattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

but what about the boost prob?
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT...Fully Forged Block...Ported Heads...Wiseco Forged Pistons/Pauter Forged Rods...COBB SRI...COBB DP...COBB AP...PnP Fuel Pump Internals...Cometic Head Gasket...ARP Head Studs...Denso Iridium HR:8...StreetUnit Rear Motor Mount...ACT 6 Puck Sprung Clutch Kit...Aluminum Flywheel...
mattizle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Check my proir posts (about 8 ago) on this thread.

You can call ATP and ask them their opinion, but if your asking me, the only way
to manage your boost correctly on a non-oem turbo is to have an external
wastegate+manual/electronic boost controller.

Built motor, Etc.
 Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #61

rigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the worldrigor is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,141 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

supposedly their porting the housings now?? not sure if you have to ask for it, and if it is actually enough to effectively control lower boost lvls.
be curious to see results???
BT T3 .5557 @25 psi 10. 6:1 peformance3 pistons, manley rods arp 625+ rod bolts, arp L19 head studs, Ap, 4'' inlet rr mani 4'' custom inlet, ,2.5'' ic piping, treadstone intercooler tr10 , turbosmart bov , tail 44mm wg, cobb electronic boost control 1 3/4 screamer p, odyssey batt, cs racepipe, custom 3'' dp 80mm cat back 80mm, egr del, vcts del, and port matched,sure tig's, running 100% meth 2000 cc, ATC 6 puck sl fw

472 hp 461tq virtual dyno and ran out of fuel!

nishan said theirs a easy 550 in the setup if i had the fuel but meh...

54,000 miles big turbo! stock block

at 104000 2 bent rods

current miles 113000 and runs perfect! no hiccups!

tuned by nishan
rigor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #62
Banned

holeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the world
Groans: 37
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ATP FAIL FLANGE
holeinmypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

^^Explain Please^^

Built motor, Etc.
 Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #64

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

atp fail flange?

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #65

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,863 Times in 739 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 28 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the atp mazda specific turbine housing that is set up for iwg is restrictive - a regular t3 flange with out the internal blockage of a iwg setup flows better - you have to run an ewg t3 mani setup to make this work tho
here's a story about when socks changed turbine housings
Byebye ATP Fail

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)

Last edited by cpolly69; 03-26-2010 at 07:02 AM.
cpolly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cpolly69 For This Useful Post:
7mileshome (03-26-2010)
 Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #66

leo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 11
Groaned at 93 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

it might be a fail flange, i personally cant believe a turbo that works in IWG config on other cars magic/epic fails on ours, that is the only reason they would insist its not their turbos and not wind up with a civil suit up their anal crevass

dont worry, before you start typing ur flame, i am going to possibly eat dirt when my atp 3071 arrives this week(then the saving begins, since i am getting this B protuned again)

since the sad fact is, people upgrade their turbos and dont change the tune... how or why ppl think this is ok if you want your car to run... nm im not going any further

but well see if given all the love and care if this thing will in fact run... otherwise ATP needs to STFU and withdraw their product from the market

either way, i willr eport back my personal experiance(probable rape according to this forum)
Turbine Tech: Extra front motor mount, both diff mounts +bushings
EGR Delete, mini 0803 Dash cam, Prosport Boost guage. Dash Hawk,
AWR: Trans mount with 88 duro bushings, End links front/rear(removed due to them being total garbage and got some moog stock ones for all around on rockauto.
17x7 Kosei K1 TS 15lb rims, goodyear 225/50r17 all season performance tires and RPM springs
Waiting to install: SPC Ball Joints, SS clutch line, lower engine mount bracket local car shop damaged during clutch install and thermal TB gasket and coolant inline plumbing line that can be turned on and off on demand
leo766 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #67

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

holy fucking old thread genius!!! Look at post dates first
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
tbot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #68

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tbot View Post
holy fucking old thread genius!!! Look at post dates first
Haha this^^

Man ATP has redesigned their iwg setup for the 3071 since this old ass thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
 Old 09-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #69

focoms3 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So problem is fixed for the 2871 too i take it? Or is BNR the way to go...
focoms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #70

Kentozer is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys, I read this forum and was wondering when hooking up a mbc into the bpv hose, that's where i have my prosport booost gauge at. just curious i'm new to this site but it got me thinkin... would i just get a different T fitting to incorperate it?
Kentozer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #71

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Kentozer View Post
Hey guys, I read this forum and was wondering when hooking up a mbc into the bpv hose, that's where i have my prosport booost gauge at. just curious i'm new to this site but it got me thinkin... would i just get a different T fitting to incorperate it?
Advance auto or auto zone

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
 Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #72

M.Kyle has a spectacular aura aboutM.Kyle has a spectacular aura aboutM.Kyle has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Kentozer View Post
Yes you can, it's best to get the MBC boost source close as possible to the compressor outlet for quickest response

Kyle
M.Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f11/gt-series-turbo-questions-8572/
Posted By For Type Date
albuquerque nm mazda 6 owners - Mazda6 / Atenza This thread Refback 02-15-2009 10:36 AM