register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Banned

steedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,335 Times in 301 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Intake manifolds??

Is there any interest in an intake manifold?

Is there one out there already?

Let me know eh!
steedspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #2

mdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the world
Groans: 86
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is definitely interest. One is in the works to be produced, but it is not ready quite yet. The more the merrier I say! And if you end up with a good turbo mani for this crowd, you will be able to win some more over on the intake mani if you produce one.

I say go for it!
 Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #3

AutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh hell yeah!!!! That MS3 intake manifold is crap!! I'd like to simplify that manifold and improve the PCV system and eliminate or at least have an option to eliminate the EGR system. The stock manifold gets caked with crap.

I nice polished (internally) manifold would be really sweet!!!

YES MAKE IT!!!!!!!!
 Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #4

ATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the world
Thanked 59,653 Times in 1,171 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+ MF 1 !!!
 Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,291 Times in 592 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

YES
xcoldricex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #6

SgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,355 Times in 343 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes!
CP-E Nano, CP-E Inlet, CP-E catless DP, CP-E Standback V2, CPE FullThrottle/No Cut Flash, CP-E FMIC, CP-E CDFP, CP-E HKS BPV, TRZ Poly MM, E4P Shifter, Denso Iridium ITV22 plugs, CP-E Towplate, PG V3 Manifold w/EGT bung, Saikou Michi OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/oil baffle, BC Coilovers w/front camber adjustment, SPC rear arms, 17x8 Anthracite O.Z. Alleggerita's wrapped in Nitto NT01's

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
damn josh u are pretty.... i swear if tina hadnt taken you id so rail u
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant - I can cure Skinny, Fat and Weak

http://jpnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com/

Sponsored By: CP-E
SgtP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #7

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

YES!!!!!!!!
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,009 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #9

Lymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,483 Times in 221 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

demand yes

but i cant afford one im sure
Lymerock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #10

ms3ftw has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not Ranked  0 score     

ummmm, YES
ms3ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #11

kingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the world
Thanked 15,318 Times in 601 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 48 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sure. But you need to finish the turbo manifold first.
mdogg (10-07-2008)
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
Haltech's Personal Bitch

PDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond reputePDXImportRacer has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

DO IT!
PDXImportRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #13

Death-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,074 Times in 347 Posts
Groans: 87
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

UUmmmmmmmm yea!
Death-From-A-Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #14

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

that would be sweet. make a nice intake mani with input from someone like whoosh on the design. You would have many sales as there are currently none people can buy I know of
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
LBV

LBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stop making more parts you aftermarket guys!! I said after the Cobb AP that I'd be done so don't make it ok?

J/K ...
 Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #16

redrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bykeryder4life View Post
that would be sweet. make a nice intake mani with input from someone like whoosh on the design. You would have many sales as there are currently none people can buy I know of
whoosh is already having one made.
redrocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #17

ms3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond reputems3guy22 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll try anything once....
 Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
Banned

steedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the worldsteedspeed is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool!

Turbo manifold is pretty much done except for the head flange which I need confirmation on from Street Unit before I finish it so I'm looking for the next thing to build. I just got the supplies to weld aluminum in and our crucible is almost ready for casting components too so I think an intake manifold would fit well with our capabilities.
 Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #19
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,009 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by steedspeed View Post
Cool!

Turbo manifold is pretty much done except for the head flange which I need confirmation on from Street Unit before I finish it so I'm looking for the next thing to build. I just got the supplies to weld aluminum in and our crucible is almost ready for casting components too so I think an intake manifold would fit well with our capabilities.
so r u looking at a cast or sheetmetal design? and will it be a log style plenum?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #20

ATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the worldATE BALLER is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

cnc
 Old 10-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
Alittle Faster

bioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the worldbioevolve is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,801 Times in 950 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MAke it with a big bowl.
bioevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I make one it will have a sheet metal plenum and the rest will either be CNC machined or cast.
 Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #23

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by redrocketz View Post
whoosh is already having one made.
yeah the guy is having or has had everything made. thats why he's the shit and I was suggesting to steedspeed to get input on the design from him.
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #24
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bykeryder4life View Post
yeah the guy is having or has had everything made. thats why he's the shit and I was suggesting to steedspeed to get input on the design from him.
Has anyone seen it? I don't want to go competing against someone who has put a lot of effort into something as I'd rather do something that isnt available yet. Perhaps he can contact me to confirm?
 Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #25

mexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the worldmexicant is the leader of the world
Groans: 147
Groaned at 34 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

make a cheap sheet metal large plenum short runner intake ftw please

NATOR PERFORMANCE
Nylon washer sponsered
mexicant is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #26

AutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by steedspeed View Post
Has anyone seen it? I don't want to go competing against someone who has put a lot of effort into something as I'd rather do something that isnt available yet. Perhaps he can contact me to confirm?
I don't think he is going to market his intake...I believe its a one off custom piece.
 Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM   #27

whoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,564 Times in 510 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 39 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AutoXRacer View Post
I don't think he is going to market his intake...I believe its a one off custom piece.
he's going to have the prototype on his car and Protege Garage will be selling them to anyone that wants one

but there's nothing wrong with having more than one option available....

2008 Caliber SRT4 / 11.8 @ 120
whoosh@Realtune is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 05:53 AM   #28

kingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the world
Thanked 15,318 Times in 601 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 48 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It would be better to have more than one option....
 Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 AM   #29
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok then.

I'll need to find a stock manifold now I guess.
 Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kingpin748 View Post
It would be better to have more than one option....
+1000

Last edited by AutoXRacer; 10-09-2008 at 08:19 AM.
AutoXRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 07:12 AM   #31

Lymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,483 Times in 221 Posts
Groans: 13
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1000

Like the exhaust manifold that might be cheaper than PG's manifold!!!
Defintely worth the try, especially for better cheaper ($$$) parts!!!!

not to hate, but you cant call something better before its released and compared to what your saying its better than

besides that, im interested to see what comes about and if I can afford one, all the better!
Lymerock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lymerock View Post
not to hate, but you cant call something better before its released and compared to what your saying its better than

besides that, im interested to see what comes about and if I can afford one, all the better!
Its better cause its billet (taking about the exhaust manifold currently being built), has external wastegate option, and more compact than whats out there. How can it not be better??

Last edited by AutoXRacer; 10-09-2008 at 08:19 AM.
AutoXRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #33

mdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the world
Groans: 86
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its better cause its billet (taking about the exhaust manifold currently being built), has external wastegate option, and more compact than whats out there. How can it not be better??

Steed did meantion how it might be cheaper than whats out there already!!!

Better and cheaper FTW!!
Steed's turbo manifold will not be cheaper than the PG manifold... I think Leen said that the turbo mani would be cheaper than his own protege turbo manifold.... big difference there... You won't be getting a coated, CNC turbo manifold for our car for less than $449 (IIRC that's the price of the PG uncoated, tubular turbo manifold without EWG provisions)

This thread is about the intake manifold that Steedspeed is thinking of making...
 Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #34
Banned

Buildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 576 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 274 Times in 187 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wanna be the only douche to say no!!! But in my head I'm saying yes sir make it pleeease. Since ima start modding the speed again. =)
Buildabong is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
Steed's turbo manifold will not be cheaper than the PG manifold... I think Leen said that the turbo mani would be cheaper than his own protege turbo manifold.... big difference there... You won't be getting a coated, CNC turbo manifold for our car for less than $449 (IIRC that's the price of the PG uncoated, tubular turbo manifold without EWG provisions)

This thread is about the intake manifold that Steedspeed is thinking of making...
Oops, read it too quickly and misunderstood...

Even if its cheaper than the Protege manifold, thats awesome news!!!! Makes it in the DNP manifold price range +/- $100.
 Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

I think he meant that his EWG, coated manifold will be cheaper than a PG EWG, coated manifold.
 Old 10-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #37

whoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the worldwhoosh@Realtune is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice try
the PG turbo manifold is $400 right now in the GB
add $150 for the EWG option
my calculator says $550

the SU website has the steed manifold listed for $750

take the $200 difference and put that toward your EWG and your fabrication needed to run a dump pipe or have the dump integrated into your downpipe

I'm not knocking the steed mani, only making sure that facts are straight
as an opinion, I think the steed parts are trick as can be and have their place in any market although for my needs, a tubular mani will flow better than a log style any day

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoosh@Realtune For This Useful Post:
Lymerock (10-09-2008), mdogg (10-09-2008)
 Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by whoosh View Post
a tubular mani will flow better than a log style any day
Are you sure...?
 Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you sure...?
are you serious...?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, but that is a GB price. To be fair, we'd have to see what the steed GB price would be if their was one, or compare MSRPs. Also, how much more is the coating w/o the GB on the PG mani? I thought that was another $100 on their site (before they took it down). And in the other thread, I beleive Leen stated that the price for the cnc manifold will be less than he originally thought ($750), so SU's price is wrong. And didn't he also say that this one is tubular on the interior? Not trying to knock PG at all. That manifold with the EWG is beautiful. But in all honesty, they'll both perform damn well and cost pretty close to the same.