register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Banned

ghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really nice
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Make the blow off valve LOUDER?

So I've been doing a lot of reading of sorts and I ran into a website talking about how to make your BOV louder.

For the record, I'm a fan at the most efficient, not the best sounding (within reason) this is just for personal knowledge on the fact.

So on Blow Off Valve FAQ it states:

Q: How can I make my blow off valve LOUDER?

A: There are a few possibilities. The first thing to remember is that there is more boost located in the piping between the turbo and intercooler, yet most blow off valves are placed near the throttle. Now, you want it by the throttle for response, but you can place it closer to the turbo for a louder sound output. Another thing to consider is to amplify the sound. You will notice that blow off valves with basic air holes are not as loud as blow off valves with horns (blitz) or air splitters (HKS). If you have a greddy type S, the most common BOV out there, you can find something similar in style to the horn on a blitz BOV and that will make the sound output far greater. Finally, if you (or the people on the street) to hear your bov, then you need to place it in a location that would let the sound travel out. In most cars the sound is muffled by the hood lining. Placing them out side of the engine bay on intercooler piping or similar methods will make your BOV loud and scary!

Now what I was wondering is how would this be any different in throttle response and if there really would be a difference, would it be noticeable? Also could it cause any issue, such as compressor surge?
ghazituned is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,881 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

donate bitch

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
Vinnie (04-27-2010)
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #3

danesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,524 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 137
Groaned at 77 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

your a fag
AP
danesti is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #4

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

clean your ears

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #5

MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,559 Times in 4,052 Posts
Groans: 224
Groaned at 80 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Project 1G; 1991 Eagle Talon TSi.

63MM Borg Warner Powered, Corn-Fed, 2.4L Long Rod Monster Under Construction

Stock Turbo-Stock Engine Grand Champion of the World!

501WHP & 569WTQ (PERM Tuned, 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS K04 W/N2O!!)

NATOR PA
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Banned

ghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really niceghazituned is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3-asaurus rex View Post
now that is the true question
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #7

RayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,092 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 234
Groaned at 154 Times in 122 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just take it off. its really loud like that.

'08 MazdaSpeed3 - sold
RayRayBauder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #8

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,085 Times in 362 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but please tell me that link is not telling you to run a BOV OUTSIDE OF THE CAR.
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Aetherfury View Post
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but please tell me that link is not telling you to run a BOV OUTSIDE OF THE CAR.
I think you're reading it wrong

Btw, I'm not saying I want to run my BPV/BOV this way, I was just wondering really if anyone else has ever heard of this before? All turbo set ups I've played with and seen have all had the same basic setup/order.
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #10

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,085 Times in 362 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ghazituned View Post
I think you're reading it wrong

Btw, I'm not saying I want to run my BPV/BOV this way, I was just wondering really if anyone else has ever heard of this before? All turbo set ups I've played with and seen have all had the same basic setup/order.
"In most cars the sound is muffled by the hood lining. Placing them out side of the engine bay on intercooler piping or similar methods will make your BOV loud and scary!"

That's what I was reading that made me think that.

I know you are just reprinting something, I have never heard of moving the BOV except for FMIC applications on cars with TMICs. I used to have a stealth TT and I don't remember anything like that from the 3000GT crew, I had a DSM too and I don't think I've heard of it there either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aetherfury For This Useful Post:
ghazituned (04-27-2010)
 Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Aetherfury View Post
"In most cars the sound is muffled by the hood lining. Placing them out side of the engine bay on intercooler piping or similar methods will make your BOV loud and scary!"

That's what I was reading that made me think that.

I know you are just reprinting something, I have never heard of moving the BOV except for FMIC applications on cars with TMICs. I used to have a stealth TT and I don't remember anything like that from the 3000GT crew, I had a DSM too and I don't think I've heard of it there either.
Yeah, I think what they are getting at about placement is like you have a vented hood, if you could angle the BOV towards that opening that would help the sound be more audible.

I just didn't understand the placement, as it sounds like it would either make the car break/run like shit, or not be any different.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghazituned For This Useful Post:
Aetherfury (04-27-2010)
 Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #12

Fagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,217 Times in 543 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fucking stupid.
Fagwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fagwagon For This Useful Post:
danesti (04-27-2010), myzoomzoom3 (04-30-2010)
 Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #13

danesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the worlddanesti is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,524 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 137
Groaned at 77 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MODs please close this thread on the grounds that i am not logged onto mazda3forums
AP
danesti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danesti For This Useful Post:
Blackspeed (04-28-2010), DaleNixon (04-28-2010), MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (04-28-2010), myzoomzoom3 (04-30-2010), RayRayBauder (05-02-2010), rodrigo (04-28-2010), tbot (04-27-2010)
 Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #14

MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,559 Times in 4,052 Posts
Groans: 224
Groaned at 80 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Project 1G; 1991 Eagle Talon TSi.

63MM Borg Warner Powered, Corn-Fed, 2.4L Long Rod Monster Under Construction

Stock Turbo-Stock Engine Grand Champion of the World!

501WHP & 569WTQ (PERM Tuned, 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS K04 W/N2O!!)

NATOR PA
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #15

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I knew from the title of this thread that this was not going to be pretty.
 Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #16

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,927 Times in 1,062 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ Right about not pretty. I can fart louder if I stick a bugle up my ass. I guess any "horn" type extension on a VTA bov would make it sound louder, if that's what you are into.

I'd rather be quiet, keep my farts (body and car) to myself. I really think it is ricer to go around trying to announce to the world or impress people that "looky, looky, I've got a fucking turbo under my hood, listen to this . . " I'd rather not announce the presence of the turbo and have noise maker types looking at my tail lights getting smaller.

But that's just me. When I was an adolescent I used to enjoy making armpit farts, too. But I outgrew that. Girls did not like it and I found them to be way more fun.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.

Last edited by MSMS3; 04-28-2010 at 12:29 PM.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
Tony. (05-24-2012)
 Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #17

drudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

The best way for you to make your BOV louder is to install a SRI
drudedon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drudedon For This Useful Post:
myzoomzoom3 (04-30-2010)
 Old 04-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #18

myzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant futuremyzoomzoom3 has a brilliant future
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

here's an ideal ....get a loud bov i had turboxs vta at one time and it was insane loud!!! all my friends with nonturbo cars hated on me " its to loud sounds like garbage" lol
 Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #19

free_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond reputefree_refil has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by drudedon View Post
The best way for you to make your BOV louder is to install a SRI
+1
 Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's the thing, nobody is really even reading the question. I don't want a loud BOV, I was just baffled about what I had read. I'd be more than happy with the stocker if it didn't leak with anything more than stock boost. As far as I can see the best option for me would be a HKS SSQV recirculated or a Forge V2 BPV.

My question was more about BOV/BPV placement in a turbo setup.

Thank you everyone with tips on how to make a BOV louder, but that isn't my goal.
 Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #21

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You should order this BOV

Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
ToledoSpeed3 (05-01-2010)
 Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #22

drudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud ofdrudedon has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol....ah man that's hilarious
drudedon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #23

banditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't worry about the BOV/BPV. Also, our cars don't like venting to atmosphere. Stick with full recirc. If you're desparate to hear it in action, grab a SRI and TIP.
banditscout is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

... I give up, can a moderator please close this thread?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghazituned For This Useful Post:
Fagwagon (05-03-2010), GTISPEED3 (05-03-2010), mazdaspeed619sd (05-02-2010), Tony. (05-24-2012)
 Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #25

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,927 Times in 1,062 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Before you give up, the stock BPV holds boost at levels significantly higher than stock boost. How high do you want to go on this turbo anyway, or are you considering a turbo upgrade? Any safe tune pressure level on the stock turbo is well within the upper limits of the stock BPV.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
N|njutsu55 (05-03-2010)
 Old 05-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #26

Dark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the worldDark is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Loud BOV's are a cry for attention.

You'll get better results by painting your car any neon color.
 Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #27

yoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the worldyoichi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ghazituned View Post
My question was more about BOV/BPV placement in a turbo setup.
Look at your own title

2003 E39 ///M5
yoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #28

ReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the worldReD BoY is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 32 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My first upgrade was a CAI and that alone makes a whooshy sound. When I did the recirc bpv it made it louder. Neither time was sound what I was going for. CAI = performance, BPV because I increase my boost and hear about leaks in the stock one.

Any thread asking how to make your BOV/BPV louder is not going to be taken seriousely here
 Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #29

darth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the worlddarth vader is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Placing the bpv near the throttle makes it actually work like it's supposed to, namely quickly relieve the pressure wave bouncing off the closed throttle plate before it makes its way back to the turbo, potentially damaging it. Placing a BPV near the turbo slows this reaction, maybe to the point of being ineffectual.
darth vader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darth vader For This Useful Post:
ChidoriSpeed (07-01-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #30

volodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

someone please place the bowl of rice picture I saw earlier this morning into this thread.

"ban post whoring brownies"

Forge v1
volodya84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #31

batou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud ofbatou079 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

= ?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM #508 || Cobb AP (OTS Stage+1) || MS CAi || HTP TiP || Turbosmart BPV || Denso Iridium ITV20 || Spin-On Oil Conversion || Magnaflow Catback || Jbarone SSP & Bushings || Corksport Front Strut & Rear Brace || RPM Street Springs || MSR 045 +35offset || +random laundry list of other superficial mods
batou079 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #32

volodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ty

"ban post whoring brownies"

Forge v1
volodya84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #33

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool story bro.........?????
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote