register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #1

Carlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Stock mazdaspeed BPV Flange for Custom FMIC Setup

I've done a ton of searching through most of the custom FMIC threads and I still cannot come up with a solid answer or solution. I'm attempting to throw together a DIY FMIC kit with a treadstone core. I want to keep the stock mazdaspeed flange. I'm assuming this is possible, I just can't find the correct answer.

A few threads pointed me to treadstones website where I failed miserably in finding what I need. People have mentioned that they make a mazda flanged pipe. I cannot find this anywhere. I'll even copy and paste the link to the flange page if you feel so inclined to make me feel like an idiot

Blow Off Valve: Blow Off Valve Adapters, Fittings, Pipes, Flanges, Etc..

I just want something that will work. I know there is a flange out there that looks like ours but is wider. I've seen people drill holes in closer and this seems to work well. My search has failed on that answer too. of course when I'm looking for something I cannot find it.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Let the flaming being.
Carlo1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #2

chuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,543 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

easy road is to get a flange for a different bov and a matching bov with recirc fitting. pipes with flanges built in are ~20 on ebay.

13.7@ 96 w/1.8 60ft (SRI, AP)
13.4@ 102 w/1.9 60ft (SRI,AP,WAIC,TIG, Internals, ITV22's)

chuckms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #3

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's what i did. Costly for what it is but it works.

Buy one of these:
2.5" Type RS/S BOV DV Blow Off Valve Intercooler Stainless Steel Charge Pipe | eBay

Then one of these:
ATP GReddy Blow Off Valve Adaptor Flange:2.3L MZR DISI

Drill out the threads in the BOV pipe and attach the flange to it and BAM! Two hundred and thirty dollars worth of chocolate pudding

Some things to note about this particular method. Notice the radiator hose needs rotated. You do not have to remove it to do so just be a man an muscle the damn thing. Also, running recirc with the stock hose is not possible. You will need to source a longer hose as the bpv is now 90* to the bpv inlet. Also, the flange is not threaded where you attach the stock valve to so you will need to do the ol' nut and bolt deal.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistersix For This Useful Post:
Carlo1170 (09-09-2012), Don06speed6 (09-09-2012)
 Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #4

Carlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the worldCarlo1170 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

THanks man! This seems like the way I might go.

I'm actually kind of aggrevated the PG piping kit is not available. It would make this process so much easier. I was planning a PG pipe kit with Tr-8 IC. That went down the drain pretty quickly.
 Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,301 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would you like a CAD drawn blueprint of the factory mazdaspeed BPV flange?

Can make that for you...with accurate dimensions.

Just some food for thought. Would give me something to do as well lol
 Old 09-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #6

Ms3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,692 Times in 1,645 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Carlo1170 View Post
THanks man! This seems like the way I might go.

I'm actually kind of aggrevated the PG piping kit is not available. It would make this process so much easier. I was planning a PG pipe kit with Tr-8 IC. That went down the drain pretty quickly.
why dont you just buy a cx racing piping kit??

NATOR FL
Ms3_Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ms3_Miami View Post
why dont you just buy a cx racing piping kit??
Because CX Racing doesn't make a bolt-on piping kit like PG does, at an affordable price anyways.. They want something like $400 bucks just for the piping! I will probably be ordering the CX racing Universal pipe kit when the time comes because I know the quality is decent. You never know what your going to get on ebay you know?

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
Would you like a CAD drawn blueprint of the factory mazdaspeed BPV flange?

Can make that for you...with accurate dimensions.

Just some food for thought. Would give me something to do as well lol
Haha no, thats okay man. Thanks though! I could do that myself, I'm an engineer with quite a bit of experience with cad/cam but I ddint really want to go through the trouble of trying to make one. I thought about having a buddy make it also. I no longer have access to CNC or manual machines. I did at school.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlo1170 For This Useful Post:
ms3blackmica (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #8

Ms3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,692 Times in 1,645 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Carlo1170 View Post
Because CX Racing doesn't make a bolt-on piping kit like PG does, at an affordable price anyways.. They want something like $400 bucks just for the piping! I will probably be ordering the CX racing Universal pipe kit when the time comes because I know the quality is decent. You never know what your going to get on ebay you know?

Haha no, thats okay man. Thanks though! I could do that myself, I'm an engineer with quite a bit of experience with cad/cam but I ddint really want to go through the trouble of trying to make one. I thought about having a buddy make it also. I no longer have access to CNC or manual machines. I did at school.
It is bolt on, If the the fmic kit is bolt on why wouldnt the piping be bolt on. Anyways yes its more expensive then the PG but I rather get that then to go through the hassel of trying to put a buch of universal pipes together.

NATOR FL
Ms3_Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #9

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its a hassle going with the universal but if you dont wanna pay for a ready made kit that somebody else took the time to figure out then you gotta yank up on those boot straps and get it done.

Once you see how much work is involved you'll be thinking the price for a bolt on kit is a bargain. At least i did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistersix For This Useful Post:
Ms3_Miami (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #10

easy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the worldeasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Not Ranked  0 score     

this is what im doing with my dual port. Remove the mazda/suby flange and use the ts 38mm to vband adapter to a v-band t-pipe.

since you have the bpv version, i would check with ts first though.

38mm to v-band adapter - $17+shipping
v-band t-pipe - $20

() Arias Pistons & Pauter Rods, P&P Head, Port match IM, DCR VVT, ARP Head Studs, Autotech CDFP internals, F2 BSD & Baffle, Cobb AP, Cobb SRI, PG TIP, CS Test Pipe, FMIC, Tial QR, JBR RMM/TMM, Oil spin-on Conversion, NGK iridiums IX

() Koni Yellows, Roadmagnet springs(6.5k Front, 6.4k Rear), Cobb RSB, TB trunk brace, AWR Rear Endlinks, SPC rear camber arms

() Centric Slotted Rotors/ Posi-Quiet pad

() Fidanza 11lbs. Flywheel, E4P STS, Cobb Shifter Weight, TWM Bushings, Redline MT-90
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #11

Cevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mistersix View Post
Here's what i did. Costly for what it is but it works.

Buy one of these:
2.5" Type RS/S BOV DV Blow Off Valve Intercooler Stainless Steel Charge Pipe | eBay

Then one of these:
ATP GReddy Blow Off Valve Adaptor Flange:2.3L MZR DISI

Drill out the threads in the BOV pipe and attach the flange to it and BAM! Two hundred and thirty dollars worth of chocolate pudding

Some things to note about this particular method. Notice the radiator hose needs rotated. You do not have to remove it to do so just be a man an muscle the damn thing. Also, running recirc with the stock hose is not possible. You will need to source a longer hose as the bpv is now 90* to the bpv inlet. Also, the flange is not threaded where you attach the stock valve to so you will need to do the ol' nut and bolt deal.

sorry to revive this thread, but is that a PG piping kit on that pictures?

Im going down this road right now too
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Cevaes_64; No sir. Its a universal CX racing 2.5" piping kit. PG does not make a kit for the MS6 as far as i know. And if they did i'm sure it would be more than the 99 bucks or so i spent on the kit i used.
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #13

Cevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the worldCevaes_64 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Cevaes_64; No sir. Its a universal CX racing 2.5" piping kit. PG does not make a kit for the MS6 as far as i know. And if they did i'm sure it would be more than the 99 bucks or so i spent on the kit i used.
Thanks im leaking at my BOV and i know ist the flange thats bent so I ordered this

Greddy RS s Type BOV Flange Adaptor 2 5" ID CNC Aluminum Turbo Pipe Piping | eBay

and this

Torque Solution Greddy Blow Off Valve Adapter mazdaspeed 3 6 CX7 | eBay

But i dont know what coupler to order to connect this flange to my existing pipe (not to the throttle but the other end)... a 90 or a 45.... i guess i will have to wait until it gets here because i will have to cut that piece of piping and make a little adapter =(

Thanks
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

It will depend on how the piping is routed. I would assume you can see it? Just look at it and you should be able to tell.
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

It will depend on how the piping is routed. I would assume you can see it? Just look at it and you should be able to tell.
I dont know yet because now this adapter will stick about 5" out more then were it is.. and i dont know it the piping will cease a bit to the right, CX is a imitation of the PG kit (so i hear) what do you have a 90 or a 45, and where did you get it?

I guess i will buy both and have them handy just in case
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

As you can see in the pic i didn't use a coupler there but rather a 60* pipe, iirc. But my piping runs up beside the radiator inside the frame. As shown in the pic below.
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

this is what mines look like But have in mind that now the pipe coming out of the throttle will be extended about 6"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-14 20.34.32.jpg (2.09 MB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-08-14 20.34.53.jpg (1.97 MB, 29 views)
 Old 08-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

You could do that a couple ways. My suggestions is use a 90 coupler to a straight pipe to that coupler down low. Gonna have to clock that coolant hose up and out the way.
Cevaes_64 (08-14-2013)
 Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

You sir are the best Thanks very much

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Mistersix (08-14-2013)
 Old 08-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Aluminum Pipe

I think that i would do this instead.. more ridgid and i could cut to fit... what do you think?
 Old 08-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Cevaes_64 View Post
Aluminum Pipe

I think that i would do this instead.. more ridgid and i could cut to fit... what do you think?
Indeed. Then you just need a straight coupler. Maybe you already got that lying around. Hell i think i've got some intercooler parts and couplers lying around.

You could either way. Straight coupler to a 90 pipe, or 90 coupler to a straight pipe. I'd add em up and see which way is cheaper and do that. Ebay is great for intercooler parts. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Oh, and don't forget clamps.
 Old 08-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Indeed. Then you just need a straight coupler. Maybe you already got that lying around. Hell i think i've got some intercooler parts and couplers lying around.

You could either way. Straight coupler to a 90 pipe, or 90 coupler to a straight pipe. I'd add em up and see which way is cheaper and do that. Ebay is great for intercooler parts. 2.5" intercooler pipe aluminum 90 | eBay
If i do it this way i have everything i need in my garage, already ordered everything and waiting for it to get here, i really appreciate your help, i will post pics when done. =)
 Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

You could either way. Straight coupler to a 90 pipe, or 90 coupler to a straight pipe. I'd add em up and see which way is cheaper and do that. Ebay is great for intercooler parts. 2.5" intercooler pipe aluminum 90 | eBay
I received my adapter yesterday and i still had to wait for the rest of my stuff to get here, I couldn't wait and went and got the adapter welded to my flange, no more leaks now!

Did not had to mess with no piping or nothing else, Just take this piece off, Weld and put it back on...

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-18 19.06.47.jpg (1.83 MB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-08-18 19.07.17.jpg (2.08 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-08-18 19.15.05.jpg (1.85 MB, 44 views)
06wwpms6 (07-02-2014)
 Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well good. Here we thought you were gonna have to change a bunch of stuff.
Cevaes_64 (08-20-2013)