register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #1

sheltbh has a spectacular aura aboutsheltbh has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Turbosmart Dual Port

So first let me say this thing was well needed on my car. I received it on Saturday so I changed my oil, put on new tires and replaced the BPV! After installation the car runs so smooth, actually so smooth I'm worried it might explode or turn into a giant robot. Before the BPV upgrade when letting the engine slow the car it was very jumpy and the exhaust gargled very loudly, now it has now jumpiness and you can't here any backfiring going on

Should I be Worried?! or is it just that much needed? I was also wondering on how to tune this thing to achieve the best performance? I have reduced the spring tension down to a turn before you see the red line... I know people say that it is good out of the box but I kept loosening it because I hear the fluttering on recirc only and it only was reduced by lowering the spring tension. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated
sheltbh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Always Blasted

DCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the worldDCLXVI is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,146 Times in 168 Posts
Groans: 34
Groaned at 274 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you're supposed to let the spring settle for 2 weeks as stock. 1/4th inch away from the base. from there, you need to tighten it to weed out backfires as well as flutter. if you want to get rid of all of your problems, put it to full recirculation and tighten it little by little until no more popping.
07 Speed 6 GT Cobb AP Stage 2+TIHSF+TMIC 93 Octane, ETS 3.5'' TMIC, Cobb Short Ram Intake, Cobb Turbo Inlet Pipe, Turbosmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve, SU Test Pipe, Custom CPE/Magnaflow Exhaust, Corksport Strut Brace, TWM Stage 2 Short Shifter, TWM Weighted Desert Eagle Shift Knob, AWR Transmission Mount, SU Base Bushings, SU Rear Motor Mount, Optima Yellowtop Battery, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs, EBC Red Brakes, Denso ITV22s .28 Gap, Prosport Boost Gauge, RPM Sport Springs, Bilstein Shocks, SPC Balljoints, Continental Extreme Contact DWS AAA XL, Pirelli Sottozero snow tires, 5zigen ProRacer GN+ 18x8.5.
DCLXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #3

sheltbh has a spectacular aura aboutsheltbh has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I have no popping no matter where I put the spring, and the flutter got worse the more I tightened it, I guess my main concern is if there are any performance degradation by lowering the spring rate? I know from past experience that you should use the lowest rate possible to allow the vacuum to reset the quickest possible. The flutter is barely noticeable under light recirculation, but I don't want that to have adverse side effects later on
sheltbh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #4

Jogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really nice
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

I spoke to a Tech guy at turbosmart in Cali and if you are still fluttering, he recommended to turn the valve to the hard settings half a turn, keep adjusting it until the fluttering sound is gone. But he had pointed out that when you first install this bpv/bov before driving is to have it turned all the way to soft and keep reving your motor and adjusting the settings until the idle is smooth.
2007 Pearl White MS3 | 18x8.5 Work Schwerts SC4 | H&R Sport Springs | Autoexe Emblemless grill painted black | GV Copy Front Lip | RE-Amemiya Rear Lip | Black Roof | Magnaflow CBE | Cobb SRI | Cobb FMIC | Cobb AP | Turbosmart BOV | Defi Red Racer Gauges
Jogadoggz is offline   Reply With Quote