register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Turbo Induction - Have a turbo, intercooler, downpipe question? Anything turbo related belongs here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By platinum07

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #1

platinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  -1 score     
Default Turbosmart dual port HELPPPPP

Any advantages or disadvantages with with running it harder or softer? I love the fact that it is 50:50 but I'm not sure how I should adjust it, I bought it used and the seller didn't tape the box shut so the little CD that is comes with broke. I have played around with it quite a bit making it both harder and softer and it doesn't make the car run funny either way really. Sooo does it maybe mean it only adjusts noise because that's what I'm getting form it? btw it seems to run a little bit better when its turned a bit harder but like I said there is barley any difference either way. I would love any help I can get thanks guys!
sp33dfr3ak likes this.
platinum07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #2

Night Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,830 Times in 351 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you'll run it 50:50 make sure you clean it up and lubricate it once in a while cause if dirt gets to the piston it might seize up. And that would suck big time (bye bye turbo).

Wiseco pistons || K1 rods || GT3076 at 21 PSI (for now) || Built by Pablo and tuned by Dustin || Steedspeed exhaust mani || TIAL 38mm EWG || Custom dump tube || Grimmspeed EBCS
CP-e safe seals || CP-e 4" TIP || CP-e big maf || CP-e catless DP || CP-e HPFP || CP-e gauge pod with Prosport gauges || COBB FMIC || COBB XLE BPV || COBB STS || COBB AP
Matt Damond OCC || CNT exhaust || BSD || EGR del || DENSO ITV22 || TRZ RMM || TRZ TMM || JBR PMM || JBR shift knob || Stoptech slotted rotors || KONI FSD || ROTA GRID 18 x 8.5

NATOR NJ FTW
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #3

forever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

TURBOSMART: INSTRUCTIONS & DOWNLOADS
here you can find the installation instructions
forever_skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forever_skyline For This Useful Post:
Doucems6 (11-10-2010)
 Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #4

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,085 Times in 362 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Harder and softer will make a drivability difference (and is the same as changing shims on the Forge) but when you adjust it you have to leave it alone for 25-30 miles to break in each setting. So don't adjust it a bunch.

As a matter of fact, I remember seeing a thread telling people to turn it all the way hard, then back it off like two full revolutions for the speeds. I can't remember if it was two or three actually.
 Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #5

platinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud ofplatinum07 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by forever_skyline View Post
TURBOSMART: INSTRUCTIONS & DOWNLOADS
here you can find the installation instructions
thank you sir! that helped a lot looks like need to turn it a bit more to the harder side, I am getting one small back fire shifting from 3rd to 4th it says that should clear it up! thanks guys!
platinum07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #6

forever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to beholdforever_skyline is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by platinum07 View Post
thank you sir! that helped a lot looks like need to turn it a bit more to the harder side, I am getting one small back fire shifting from 3rd to 4th it says that should clear it up! thanks guys!
Hope you sort it out
forever_skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #7

Marty Staggs has a spectacular aura aboutMarty Staggs has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

This may also be of some help to folks -

Marty Staggs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #8

avillamarin is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

clean the dual port? how is that done?
avillamarin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #9

Night Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the worldNight Wolf is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by avillamarin View Post
clean the dual port? how is that done?
Unscrew the cap, but be careful because it may shoot away because of the tension on spring inside. Then remove spring and piston out of the cylinder. Clean all part from old lubricant residue and apply new one. Then reverse procedure to put it back together. Be careful not to break rubber gasket because then your dual port might leak.

Wiseco pistons || K1 rods || GT3076 at 21 PSI (for now) || Built by Pablo and tuned by Dustin || Steedspeed exhaust mani || TIAL 38mm EWG || Custom dump tube || Grimmspeed EBCS
CP-e safe seals || CP-e 4" TIP || CP-e big maf || CP-e catless DP || CP-e HPFP || CP-e gauge pod with Prosport gauges || COBB FMIC || COBB XLE BPV || COBB STS || COBB AP
Matt Damond OCC || CNT exhaust || BSD || EGR del || DENSO ITV22 || TRZ RMM || TRZ TMM || JBR PMM || JBR shift knob || Stoptech slotted rotors || KONI FSD || ROTA GRID 18 x 8.5

NATOR NJ FTW
 Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #10

avillamarin is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

got it. i read a bunch of lubes for cleaning, which one is the best as you know?
avillamarin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by avillamarin View Post
got it. i read a bunch of lubes for cleaning, which one is the best as you know?
I have no clue. I used gun lubricant. =)))

NATOR NJ FTW
 Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #12

pearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the worldpearl_ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 32
Groaned at 27 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i like http://www.streetunit.com/TurboSmart...g-pa-ms050.htm
CP-E INTAKE W/ AMSOIL FILTER, CP-E INLET, TURBOSMART BOV, DENSO ITV22, AWR RMM, STREET-UNIT TMM & PMM, STEEDSPEED MANI CERAMIC COATED, T3 GT3076, TIAL EWG, CUSTOM V-BAND DOWNPIPE, UR CATTED TESTPIPE, TURBO XS CATBACK EXHAUST, COBB FMIC, CP-E FUEL PUMP, DASHHAWK+CP-E MOUNT, JBARONE SSP, COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 SF 91 FMIC. SELF TUNED WITH 400HP/375TQ @ 21 PSI ON 100 OCTANE.
pearl_ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #13

Boostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the roughBoostedspeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome time to chime in as i haven't had time to introduce myself on the forums, but you can also use sewing machine lubricant that you can pick up at walmart or target. it's the same petro based lubricant as in the one on streetunit's website
Boostedspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote