register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #1

MSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 3071 HOW TO:

I've had this up for a while on 6 club, everyone should have access to it though.

Okay let's explain as we go along here, OEM turbo out, I bought a used 3071 for a MS3.

Let me preface this. Installing this turbo IS difficult, but as long as you TAKE your time (I probably spent 12 hours over the course of a week) just doing things slowly making sure I didnt miss a step. You can't get frustrated because it WILL work and everything DOES fit. That was the only way I made it through this install. It just takes time is all. I didn't mean for this to be a how to, but it's pretty close.

Here's your oil in and coolant out. You'll need the COOLANT OUT banjo bolt and the OIL IN banjo bolt while reusing the banjos already under the hood

Here's your coolant IN which takes some fabbing up. From my understanding if you order your turbo from ATP it comes with this connection already seen on my coolant in port.

You need to use this HOSE in conjunction with this BARB and a 3/8" silicone hose to go to your coolant source.

The small flange that will face towards the ground from your turbo is the oil return line. You'll need these STEP DOWN STUDS because the OEM ones are too small for the BT.

Thanks to whoosh, he came up with a simple way to hook this up without breaking your back or getting too frustrated. JMHINKLE came over today and we cut the oil return line making it super simple to hook up when you're ready. I wish I wold have taken a picture of the whole oil return line, but here's what was left. I put the other end back on the block already and this part goes to your turbo. The tubing is 5/8" tubing I believe.

Here's the OEM banjo bolts just so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Here's all your connections in the engine bay behind your block. You can see where the flex hose for the coolant in has to hook up and the purpose of not using the OEM coolant in connection.

I'll try and take more pictures as the turbo goes back in sometime next week. I'm sure this will help some people. Maybe whoosh will give Joel and I some more tips!

Okay, picking up where I left off.

Here's the fabbed up oil return line and the coolant line connected to the turbo

Here's you can see why the cut, fabbed up oil line was a good idea. Saves SO much hassle gettingthe return line bolts on.

Turbo bolted up to all oil/coolant lines

Gotta explain this as detailed as I can just as MY experience. The OEM turbo is bolted to TWO brackets which hold it in place. The 3071 is held in place by the manifold and DP. Getting it all lined up was a hassle lemme tell you. I put all the studs on the down pipe then bolted it up to the turbo. You gotta push the turbo toward the firewall to get the manifold on it's studs. Once the manifold is on there comes the real drama. It wasn't THAT big of deal but it wasn't a walk in the park. I had to undo my downpipe at my CBE so I could get some play on the turbo. Once I got the play in the turbo it STILL wasn't all that easy to get the turbo studs to line up with the maifold. It eventually happened and everything is GOOD now.

Now the inlet side is where I pulled a bunch of shit out of my ass, I didn't know I was so creative.

So I throw my Auto Exe TMIC on and what do you know, a PROBLEM, who woulda thought. So I'm thinking, well, I just need a longer hose (it's 2" wide BTW) and I'll be good. Well in albuquerque we don't have stores around here where we can just get shit like that...that I know of at least.

So I go to auto zone and get this. That coolant IN line that came with my turbo was like an inch too short so I just got a longer one. Anyway, moving on to my crazy hot pipe TMIC idea. They sell little exhaust pieces at auto zone and I looked forever and found this 2" wide one and have an idea. It was like $2 or something too.

Words cannot explain how happy I was that this worked. I made it in like 15 minutes and it was perfect. Don' forget your boost tap!!!! The 3071 isn't tapped like the OEM so I opted to get this one that was super simple to install in the silicone hose. YOU CAN FIND IT HERE. I'm sure I could have ordered the PROPER silicone hose, but this install was getting done TODAY and this worked just fine.

AMAZING

***UPDATED 04/25/09***

I updated my hot side coupler. I wasn't happy with the way the air flow looked so I got another 07 hot pipe coupler from djuosnteisn and cut the metal coupler above in half, then just added 2" silicone from the turbo, to the coupler, to the OEM boost tube, to the intercooler which came out a lot cleaner than my other frankenstein design. Here's an installed picture.

So TMIC is good to go at this point. I test fit my turbo inlet which happens to be Speedie6's custom TIP and it is WAAAAY too long for this huge ass turbo. What to do? FUCK IT, I mean...CUT IT!!

I've opted to run with a MBC FOR NOW and here's how it's hooked up.

Here's a good diagram I found like a year ago for how your turbo is hooked up.

Dustin was trying to take a picture of all the coolant burning off my engine after I finally got it running.

After it was all said and done we pressure tested it from the intake (Dustin's method) and found NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO leaks. Turns out I hooked my DP fucked up and had an exhaust leak there but that's no biggie. What concerned me was the fact that I lost a shit load of coolant. Well, I poured some of the MAZDA FL22 COOLANT that I bought for $24 (1 gallon) and thought we'd be okay. Go cruise down the road a mile and hit engine temps of 240 degrees. Turn around, go back to my house and use almost the entire gallon into the engine WHILE IT'S running which worked out great. engine temps back down to 190 and below. I haven't played with the boost too much and have no idea if I'll be having creep issues at this point. We shall see.

I'm running the AP and will probably just get impatient and have COBB make me a map. We'll what I can do with the MBC for now though.

Here's the ATP shopping list:

[quote]It's a very tricky install on the MS6 and it has to be very specific:

This is the bolt required for using the stock oil feed line with the banjo on it: Make sure you get the washers too.

Banjo Bolt for Low Profile oil inlet - GT BB Turbos

One one coolant port, we supply the banjo bolt and washers for you to use one of the stock hoses with the banjo already on it:

COOLANT IN: Banjo Bolt, 14mm x 1.5 pitch w/ 2 crush washers

On the other coolant port you have to use these to make a new braided coolant line:

COOLANT OUT: Banjo Fitting Kit for coolant lines - 14mm Machined Alum to 1/4" NPT

1/4" NPT to 6AN Flare, Male to Male, 90 deg Adapter

Steel braided Hose, -6 AN, for coolant or oil use, 12 inches long

3/8" pushlock barb to 6AN Flare, Male to Male, Straight Adapter

Stepdown studs to allow the GT3071R to accep the stock oil drain flange on the stock oil drain hose:

Step Down Studs

Okay, so for those that don't know I've upgraded to a 3071 and have been driving around with it for quite a while now. Since the install I've changed a few things. Those being that I've installed the perrin EBCS and am using the ECU to control my boost using a .042 pill at the moment. I get 16.5-17 psi very steadily with little to no boost creep. Since the install the one thing bugging the shit out of me was the turbo lag. Car runs great but the 3071 LAG was just driving me nuts. I used the SPEEDIE6 TIP mated with a 4" coupler and have been running the COBB SF setup since mid march. The SPEEDIE6 TIP (and the much worse stock TIP) is only 2 1/4" wide which mates with the COBB SF which is a 2 1/4" to 3" piece of silicone to the MAF housing which is 3" wide. So I figured the easiest way to ditch SOME turbo lag and ultimately get more air to that BT was to make my own 3" INTAKE.

First off I addressed all the road blocks I'd hit on the way, the main concern was how to get the crank case valve cover recirc to the intake pipe I intended to create. Well I remembered a long time ago when I first came on to the forums I looked up whoosh's ride through the registry and saw this little filter. Low and behold I looked him up and found that I just needed a filter and that breather was something related to emissions or whatever, no big deal. I got me a filter, ordered a 3" 45 degree bend elbow, then proceeded to order the CP-E TIP. I know DANE145 made a thread about the CPE TIP, but there's some things I didn't realise until I got it in the mail. First off it has a 4" flange for big turbos and has a REMOVABLE metal coupler on the intake side. Now the coupler was 3" to stock 2 1/4", but once removed I was able to fit my elbow in NO PROBLEM making the install even easier. The CPE piece really is great, the whole thing is silicone and it fits tight, but not uncomfortable.

Once I got the CP-E TIP installed I just trial and errored cutting my 45 degree 3" eblow until I got a good fit in the engine bay and that's pretty much it. For some reason I was under the impression that the COBB MAF housing was 2 1/4" ish wide so I have a coupler sitting here, but it ended up being 3" which was awesome news seeing that I would now me 3 full inches from my filter to my turbo. AWESOME

Driving impressions for me were phoenomenal. I didn't ditch ALL the turbo lag but nearly all of it. It was a world of difference driving it. I could slam the gas at 3500 RPM and my boost hit hard and the car DROVE GREAT! I know someone is gonna ask how my LTFTs are, they started out at around 8% and got up to 15%, just keep in mind I didn't wait to reset those bad boys before getting all crazy, I do intend to do so once I get a manifold on my car (hopefully soon).

Here are some pics:

Speedie6 TIP next to CP-E TIP

CPE TIP installed

My EBAY elbow painted and cut (it was only $20 BTW)

Without crank case breather filter

Everything installed and ready to go

Here's a before engine bay picture.

I'll post a couple logs in a second if they're significant.

Last edited by MSP6COP; 10-22-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Intake added to write up
MSP6COP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to MSP6COP For This Useful Post:
-cj- (03-18-2010), 802MS3 (10-23-2009), atenza_freak (10-26-2009), banditscout (03-18-2010), bioevolve (10-23-2009), Blink (10-23-2009), D-Rick21 (10-22-2009), DaleNixon (03-18-2010), danesti (12-18-2010), Darksun280 (10-23-2009), Dash08 (10-22-2009), djuosnteisn (10-23-2009), Docnox (02-21-2010), Domino81 (01-01-2012), EwMPS (12-18-2010), forcedinduktion (12-18-2010), FreeFlyFreak (10-23-2009), glocK23 (10-22-2009), gsrtype1 (10-22-2009), H3R3TIC (12-18-2010), helmetface (08-21-2011), I Love Brownies (01-18-2011), i8urgti (02-27-2011), jracer (01-27-2011), jwdp54 (10-23-2009), karl-hungus (10-22-2009), kunfu (08-16-2011), Lama (02-20-2010), madvillain (10-30-2009), Micha (02-11-2014), Miltron (06-17-2014), Mistersix (07-12-2014), MS6 Alan (08-15-2011), NJSPEED3 (12-18-2010), nycMS3 (01-12-2011), obijack (01-12-2011), p057 (03-10-2012), phillyb (03-18-2010), Qwik6 (05-30-2010), seanmiller09 (01-13-2011), SIXual Panda (03-05-2011), SpeedSixxx (03-18-2010), spnkr21 (03-18-2010), Sport6 (10-22-2009), Superstretch18 (03-18-2010), taf0422 (12-18-2010), thehead (02-20-2012), theschrum (11-26-2010), Zeya (03-18-2010), zpele (06-03-2011)
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #2

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,659 Times in 1,398 Posts
Groans: 778
Groaned at 443 Times in 239 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ty ty
SpeedSixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #3

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,824 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats a great write up! Thanks!

I took the coolant banjo off at the rubber hose, i dont know if this made things easier or harder, just another option.
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #4

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,677 Times in 711 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

very nice dude!
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #5

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,824 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did something similar with my Turbo outlet pipe too. ATP said it would fit FMIC's but it didnt. It came with a longer hose for the TMIC.. i cut it and my cobb fmic pipe and used a piece of exhaust pipe to couple them.
 Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #6

jimblkmazda has a spectacular aura aboutjimblkmazda has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice writeup! Impressions compared to the stock turbo? Are you pinned against the seat now in every gear?
jimblkmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #7

ZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the world
Groans: 36
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

props...
wasnt talking to you; i was talking to GSRTYPE1, you ignorant douche bag, go back to your nissan 350 ass buddies and wear your cool kanye west shades you fucking retarded looking cunt face homosexual.
ZoomZoomPSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #8

papajohn026 is a name known to allpapajohn026 is a name known to allpapajohn026 is a name known to allpapajohn026 is a name known to allpapajohn026 is a name known to allpapajohn026 is a name known to all
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks a bunch. good for the guys that want to upgrade.
papajohn026 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #9

mazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to beholdmazdarati is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 8
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very nice write up.
mazdarati is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #10

silversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 52
Groaned at 26 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

great write up
Rota wheel whore #1
MOdS list
shaved with a razor moldings (EDGE cream)~de-BaGEd FTW~
painted StoCk wheels secret color ~ rattl;e caned RooF~ jdm painted brake conversion~ clear tint ~ light weight black hood and trunk with wing option ~ japanese amber side markers/ running lights ~ tw0 light weight car seats ~ shifter weight reduction ~ stock recaros with red stitching ~ mp3 mazda stereo

for sale: ms3 transmission second gear is worn out. Perfect if you want to Upgrade it or if you don't want to have any down time if you're trans is messed up!
PM me with offers
silversurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #11

MSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the worldMSP6COP is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice writeup! Impressions compared to the stock turbo? Are you pinned against the seat now in every gear?
I've had it on since march now. After everything is said and done, I'm happy with my current setup finally. A lot went into it all. The turbo was the beginning of a lot of changes in my engine bay. I'll be heading to the dyno soon after I get my ported manifold on. Last dyno was 343hp/352tq with 16-17 psi. We've (Dustin and I) tuned my car (20psi) and the intake manifold will be the only changes. Last dyno I found a HUGE boost leak, should account for a few horsies. We shall see.

Updated with my intake I made

Last edited by MSP6COP; 10-22-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,304 Times in 4,352 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice work and great write-up!

I'm sure this will help quite a few people.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #13

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hows my old manifold and wastegate working out for you?
 Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

hows my old manifold and wastegate working out for you?
It's great bud. Absolutely perfect setup for me. I love the EWG scream. The 38mm worked out perfect, granted I never got a chance to try the 44, I've got absolutely nothing to complain about. Definitely no drama with the PG mani and the "fiery death" of the EWG is hands down the MOST awesome scare tactic haha.

Here's a couple auto x vids to show you what I mean.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSP6COP For This Useful Post:
Broxer (10-02-2011), Grim (10-22-2009), jwdp54 (10-23-2009)
 Old 10-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #15

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

DAMN that sounds nice!glad everything worked out for you.
 Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 AM   #16

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

you have a built motor or stock?

if stock...how is it driving>?
 Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #17
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice dude. do you have a front-mount now? it looks like it in the vids.

and I've never seen an autox at night, thats pretty cool.
 Old 10-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Fux Wit It

Darksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,103 Times in 4,061 Posts
Groans: 175
Groaned at 498 Times in 278 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You deserve an award for making that walk through.
10.7 @ 133 auto 1G DSM
2013 C6 GS (Retirement vehicle)

TwitchTV: CooperSheepsTTV

Darksun280 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,914 Times in 7,770 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Only things i did differently than matt are clamp my coolant lines so i didn't lose more than an oz of coolant.

And I didn't cut my oil return, and honestly, didn't have too much trouble getting everything lined up properly.

And since matt posted a vid, i want to post one of my car, lol:

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
jwdp54 (10-23-2009)
 Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #20
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

very nice write up and vids.

so who had the faster time?

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #21
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Normally matt does, cause he has all that cop training, but on the night of my vid, i think i had the faster time between us. I think this was the first and only night i've gotten a faster time than him

(little does matt know, i've been working on my criminal skillz, which involves fast driving too ).

Honestly though, both our cars are way over built for these small lil events. Often the fastest times of the night are put down by some SCCA guy in a stock saturn (with gobs of suspension work). I just enjoy going wild occasionally and doing 4 wheel burn outs, hahaha.

Here's an in-car shot from the vid posted above:

And another one of mine from that night, scaring my fiance's brother, lol:
YouTube - bigexhaust's Channel

Here's adam putting down a better time than matt or me (stock i believe):
YouTube - bigexhaust's Channel

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.

www.permtuning.com
 Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hahaha Dustin^^^

you have a built motor or stock?

if stock...how is it driving>?
It's driving great, my car IS my weekend warrior. It's only got 55xx miles on it right now. I've had it since Nov. 07. I plan to get some forged rods/pistons eventually, but I'm in no hurry really. My chicks Dad works at Mazda and hooks it up, so when the time comes it shouldn't be too hard to get everything I need.

There is a frount mount on it now even though the AUTO EXE was great to me. I just posted my custom FMIC in the TURBO INDUCTION section.

Us and our MS6s always have the best times which is impressive given that there are always a handful of nice cars (LIGHT CARS at that). Dustin got a faster time, but also hit a curb...which resulted in some nice new tires hahahahaha.
 Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSP6COP View Post
Dustin got a faster time, but also hit a curb...which resulted in some nice new tires hahahahaha.
I don't know if i would say hit the curb. More like, ever so softly caressed the curb, lol. But yeah, it did end with some nice hankook v12 evo's. I think it was the month before the vids above though.

We need to setup a big boy's track.

www.permtuning.com
 Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #24

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,993 Times in 1,709 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome write up man! thanks for this, i may put it to use pretty soon!
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #25

MPS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice write up
MPS83 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #26
Banned

piotrekkb will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice
piotrekkb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #27

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sorry for reviving this thread but this shit is what holding me back:

that pain in the ass banjo won't go in for some reason. the manifold is in the way so there's barely any room. i already bent the oil in line some but i'll try bending it further tomorrow. u guys have an easier way of doing this? TIA

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #28
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

What turbo / manifold do you have?

www.permtuning.com
 Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #29

Smoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,988 Times in 299 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah it's a stupid as fuck bolt to get back on. I did it without having the mani in the way, but basically after bending the oil line a bit I just sat on the engine block and lined it up while sitting directly above it to get it to thread in No secret way of getting it lined up that I know of. Don't drop the washer while trying to get it on, you'll hate yourself (unless you have spares).
CPE CAI, SU MM, Synapse BPV, Magnaflow 2.5" CBE, MDS DashHawk, TWM SS Stage 1, TT Front MM, TT Rear Diff Mount, SU StiffDiff, Whiteline RSB, BC Coilovers, mrlilguy CDFP, CPE Catted DP, HKS Twin Power Ignition System, RAYS Gram Lights 57 Maximum Time Attack, CPE TIP, Denso 2Step Colder Spark Plugs, COBB Shifter Weight, SPC Ball Joints, VTCS, BS, & EGR Delete, VentPod w/VEI Boost Guage, Saikou Michi CC, Labonte ISG-S3 (not installed), GT2871r, DNP manifold, Tial 44mm EWG, Cobb AP, TT Liquid to Air Intercooler, DMH 3" exhaust cutout.
Smoker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoker6 For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-18-2010)
 Old 03-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #30
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i wish i could help with any info for dizzin, but i can't.
this write up is amazing though.
thanks cop
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #31

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
What turbo / manifold do you have?
atp 3071 / pg v2 ewg

Originally Posted by Smoker6 View Post
Yeah it's a stupid as fuck bolt to get back on. I did it without having the mani in the way, but basically after bending the oil line a bit I just sat on the engine block and lined it up while sitting directly above it to get it to thread in No secret way of getting it lined up that I know of. Don't drop the washer while trying to get it on, you'll hate yourself (unless you have spares).
cool. good to know that it's not really me and it's the right bolt. thought i misplaced it and got mixed up with the other bolts. i dropped the washers a couple of times but it's on a lift so i just picked it up on the floor.

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Eeeeee I would have waited to bolt that manifold on and done that oil feed line first. That is the hardest one. I put some dielectric grease around the opening to keep the washer on somewhat. You gotta get that thing at the PERFECT angle.

Hope you got it finally.
 Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

in order for me to put the manifold, i have to loosen the dp -> tp bolts and lower the dp. once lowered i bolted the mani, then the turbo, then the dp, and finally the dp -> tp bolts. i was working alone that time but imma try playing with the oil line and see what happens.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #34

Cwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to beholdCwhite is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good Info!
Cwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to Cwhite For This Un-useful Post:
FreeFlyFreak (12-18-2010), jack_hammer (12-20-2010)
 Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Cwhite View Post
Good Info!
don't you dare go around making two word sentences.

you will be hated and banned.

donate.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #36
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome write up
forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #37

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSP6COP View Post
It's great bud. Absolutely perfect setup for me. I love the EWG scream. The 38mm worked out perfect, granted I never got a chance to try the 44, I've got absolutely nothing to complain about. Definitely no drama with the PG mani and the "fiery death" of the EWG is hands down the MOST awesome scare tactic haha.

Here's a couple auto x vids to show you what I mean.

YouTube - Sagebrush 9-18-09

YouTube - Mazdaspeed 6 AUTO X (08/21/09)
Dude, what BPV/BOV are you running in the second video? Sounds sick. Is that due to the added volume of the FMIC or did it sound like that with the TMIC too?

Awesome!
 Old 12-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #38
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,879 Times in 7,893 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1 yr revivals ftl

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #39
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol.

Matt's car was fucking awesome.

www.permtuning.com
 Old 12-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #40

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Aaaaaasshos lol