register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #1

jdhopper26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Cool Body Control Module

I have a Mazda 6, 2006 which needs a body control module. My blinkers no longer work nor does my AC. Could these 2 problems be related? Additionally my auto repair shop told me the cost of the module would be $600.00 for the part and $600.00 labor to replace for a total of $1200.00. I want to sell this car and can't afford to fix this plus the AC. He quoted me $750 for a new AC compressor plus labor. Im a single female and although no mechanic I am quite capable of looking up parts and their costs online. What he quoted seems out of line for what I saw. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve the BCM and AC problems without costing a fortune. I just want to sell the car!
Jeri
jdhopper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #2

hoodoo11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default hoodoo11

i'm in a hurry
hoodoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #3

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you can get a used module online for very cheap. It takes all of 30 minutes in install and is pretty straight forward. A/C compressor is most likely just the clutch and not the whole unit. That repair is much more involved, but the parts are around $60. Most likely the issues are not related.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-31-2018, 07:31 AM   #4

AlexJer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

, !
- - Binance
!
AlexJer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to AlexJer For This Un-useful Post:
SSinstaller (10-27-2018)
 Old 10-25-2018, 08:44 AM   #5

ChrisMazda3Owner is an unknown quantity at this point
Neutral  +1 score     
Question BCM swap guide for 2010 Mazda 3?

Originally Posted by jdhopper26 View Post
I have a Mazda 6, 2006 which needs a body control module. My blinkers no longer work nor does my AC. Could these 2 problems be related? Additionally my auto repair shop told me the cost of the module would be $600.00 for the part and $600.00 labor to replace for a total of $1200.00. I want to sell this car and can't afford to fix this plus the AC. He quoted me $750 for a new AC compressor plus labor. Im a single female and although no mechanic I am quite capable of looking up parts and their costs online. What he quoted seems out of line for what I saw. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve the BCM and AC problems without costing a fortune. I just want to sell the car!
Jeri
I took my 2010 Mazda3 with 81k miles to the local Mazda dealership for a recall fix and also to deal with an issue which the starting of the vehicle was kinda hard and I wanted the dealer to check for possibles (solenoid, starter getting older, etc).

The dealer fixed the recall, BUT they ran a "Stress test" on the vehicle and managed to ruin the BCM and now NONE of the headlights work at all. EVERYTHING else electrical works fine. No doubt they fried the BCM and returned the vehicle and were "nice enough" not to charge me for the diagnostic fee of $59. I did not realize until much later that the lights were not working, as it was light out until 9pm and it was not until a rainy day that I realized the lights were not working. -_-

I took vehicle back to Mazda to complain and they demand I pay the diagnostic fee and then quoted me (wait for it) $600 for the part + $810 for labor + tax..... :-o

I found a brand new BCM for my M3 for $305 with free shipping from a Mazda dealership in South Carolina.

My problem is the only BCM swap guide I have found on this forum is for a 2006 MazdaSpeed 6.... How To: BCM Replacement/Swap

Based on the guide above, it seems like a simple swap, which I am sutre I can handle.... if I can find the BCM in my vehicle.

Does anyone know if we have a BCM swap guide for a 2010 Mazda 3? :?:

Does anyone know if the BCM needs to be "flashed" (programed) before installing... or is that issue with the VIN being linked to the BCM is only for the Mazdas with keyless ignition?

Any guides with photos on how to swap out the BCM on a Mazda 3, post-2010??

Thanks!
Chris
ChrisMazda3Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #6
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,320 Times in 1,863 Posts
Groans: 546
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Chris, you stepped in shit up to your nostrils, get lost.
Pu Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #7

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bcm is above the drivers kickpanel in the dash. IIRC it will need to be programmed by the dealer after you replace it.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote