register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #1

njdurkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Can't hit more than 10psi

I can't get more than 10psi peak boost. It doesn't sound like I have an air leak but I am thinking that might be the problem. What do you guys think? I attached some logs from a couple short pulls. I went around and tightened up everything I could find but still can't get much boost.

2007 MS6
SRI - CorkSport with K&N filter
TIP - CorkSport
FMIC - unknown brand, probably ebay special
Cobb AP V3 - Stage 1+IC map
BPV - CorkSport
RMM - CorkSport
HPFP - Upgraded internals from Autotech
Power Steering Cooler Upgrade - DamondMotorsport
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (10.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv datalog5.csv (14.6 KB, 2 views)
njdurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #2

Solarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since you registered 5.66 g/s air flow at 5466 RPM, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's your MAF sensor lol
Solarsurge is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsurge For This Useful Post:
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #3

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,206 Posts
Groans: 108
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, your primary O2 sensor is shot. 14.85AFR across the board. Change it and try again. I recommend either OEM or NGK.

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
Since you registered 5.66 g/s air flow at 5466 RPM, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's your MAF sensor lol
Well, he shifter to next gear at that point.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, GTX2867R gen2, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
Versatuned

Last edited by mituc; 07-13-2018 at 12:34 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 12:43 AM   #4

Solarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
Well, he shifter to next gear at that point.
Good catch. I'm so used to seeing single gear pulls I didn't even see that lol. Those air flows are really low for WOT at 5500 RPM though, so I wasn't even looking at the shifts. I was just seeing really low flow rates dropping to even lower flow rates. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a dirty MAF too. But yea, now that I see the shift...O2 sensor.
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 AM   #5

necrophrenic is a jewel in the roughnecrophrenic is a jewel in the roughnecrophrenic is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just had to replace primary O2 sensor for same reason months ago - constant 14.85 AFR. That sensor is definitely dead. For my '08 MS3 I replaced it with the NGK NTK 24357 Oxygen Sensor ($120 on Amazon/$115 on Rockauto). It has been working great.
Freektuned 2008 MS3 GT with stock k04 turbo, K&N Typhoon, HKS SSQV 4 Recirc, Cobb TIP, Grimspeed 3 Port BCS, Cobb AP V3, JBR TMM/RMM/PMM, JBR Short Shift Plate, UR TP, CNT CBE, EGR delete, Bilstein B8 struts, Eibach Springs, Autotech Internals, 93 octane.
necrophrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to necrophrenic For This Useful Post:
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Strange that it doesn't show an engine code. I'm afraid to order the wrong one. Are you sure that one will work for me?

This is what I found as same part number but I don't want to pay 300...

http://www.sparespro.com.au/ngk-oxygen-sensor-lza07-md1
 Old 07-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

They sell a NGK O2 sensor on Edge Autosport for about the same price, maybe a little more. I would trust NGK before NTK any day the week If you don’t want to go with OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is Denso oem? Because this is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
 Old 07-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #9

necrophrenic is a jewel in the roughnecrophrenic is a jewel in the roughnecrophrenic is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Isn't NTK an NGK brand? The part always comes up as NGK NTK 24357. Interesting though that Edge sells it as NGK 24357 for $40-45 more and show retail price as like $330... seems like the same part to me despite the disparities. Am I wrong?
Freektuned 2008 MS3 GT with stock k04 turbo, K&N Typhoon, HKS SSQV 4 Recirc, Cobb TIP, Grimspeed 3 Port BCS, Cobb AP V3, JBR TMM/RMM/PMM, JBR Short Shift Plate, UR TP, CNT CBE, EGR delete, Bilstein B8 struts, Eibach Springs, Autotech Internals, 93 octane.
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Can't hit more than 10psi

I’ll be damned. Learn something new every day. I had no idea they were the same company. Carry on. Nothing to see here lol

Edit: For the record, I ONLY buy OEM sensors, so I’ve never actually bought anything from NGK/NTK other than spark plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-14-2018, 04:56 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by njdurkin View Post
Is Denso oem? Because this is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
See above post.
 Old 07-14-2018, 06:25 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

I see no mention of that Denso part anywhere for an MS6 - definitely not the part I would try. Looks like the NGK part number for 2006/2007 MS6 primary O2 sensor is ngk 24354. Looks like it's about $140 on Amazon.
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-14-2018, 07:04 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is OEM then?
 Old 07-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Edge lists L3M6188G1F as OEM parts for your MS6, Rock Auto does show that Denso as a part for your MS6. Hopefully an MS6 owner can weigh in and confirm...
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #15

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is OEM then?
The OEM is like $30 more than an aftermarket, why do you like complicating your life for 30 bucks?! This is the price of an average meal or 3 fancy ice creams... while that O2 sensor will stay in the car for a lot longer than you'd enjoy that meal or icecreams...
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.

SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, GTX2867R gen2, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
Versatuned
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
njdurkin (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I was trying to get OEM but I couldn't find what OEM was. I ordered the denso one but the part actually says NTK on it with the same maching number as the one I pulled off.

UPDATE:
New o2 sensor installed. Thank you for helping me identify my false AFRs. Now, I noticed a difference. The numbers obviously change now, but I did experience a tiny bit more power and I even hit over 11 psi on one of the 2 3rd gear pulls I have attached. I still think I have a boost leak or something. I should be hitting 15psi peak with the tune I am running. I'm on the 91 tune right now but I still think it peaks at 15psi. Can you see anything in my data logs?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog7.csv (10.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv datalog8.csv (6.2 KB, 6 views)
 Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like a leak to me although I'd probably start with reflashing your map now that you have that O2 sensor replaced. If you don't have a boost leak tester I'd physically tighten/check all connections on air intake and turbo inlet pipe. Those connections might look OK when you're just looking at them but allowing air to leak once the systems are pressurized to 10 PSI, a boost leak tester would help isolate this since you would see pressure drop once pressurizing to 10 PSI. I'd also check the CS BPV, I've never used that one personally but I believe you're supposed to be disassembling and lubricating/servicing 1-2 times a year.

Sorry not the most helpful post but hopefully the post bump will get someone to look at this thread with better advice.
 Old 07-16-2018, 08:50 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you see anything in my data logs?
Reflash and see where that gets you. As far as I can tell there is no boost leak judging by the actual AFRs and the BPV is not leaking either. The WGDCs tell that your ECU simply doesn't want to get more air that it pulls in now, so this may be a result of some kind of semi-limp mode.

Versatuned
 Old 07-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I reflashed, tightened everything up AGAIN it is super tight and still same exact problem. I uploaded the stage1+IC with 93 and also took apart the bpv and it looks very good. Like brand new. I cleaned it and put the grease they recommended in it. Test drove it again, still cannot get over 11.25lbs. I don't know, maybe 11.25 is normal for boos pressure starting out at 3k rpms. Maybe the 15, 16 lbs they are talking about are when building from 2k rpms? Anybody have any experience with a stage 1 or 2 cobb setup? The only 2 things I know to do right now is find someone with a boost leak tester and contact cobb and hope they can shed some light on the situation.

Things to note: I do have a slight exhaust leak somewhere (not sure where) and I also think it needs a valve cover gasket because I have oil all round the valve cover. Could these two items affect my boost pressure?
 Old 07-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Borrow an EBCS from someone else and see how things will look like.

Versatuned