register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #1

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,191 Times in 612 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default DIY Headliner

Alright so I'm just making this thread for the generosity for you speed6 owners. I used to own a 6i before I purchased my speed3. The headliner in the 6 was in a pretty bad condition due to normal wear and tear. Mazda did a pretty bad job with the headliner in the 6 and I saw a lot of other owners were having problems with the cloth coming loose/tearing on the two corners near the back of the headliner.

Here is a link to the removal process;
2003 Mazda 6 headliner replacement guide - a step by step tutorial on how to remove, recover and replace the headliner in the Mazda 6 car.

Below are attached pics of before and after if any of you are interested/curious on what the finished product looks like. The pictures in the link look almost close to the ones I have, and I chose to go with a darker grey cloth, couldn't find a cloth that matched the OEM.

I got a quote and some guy wanted to charge me $350. I said screw that and did everything for close to $50.

Items:
3M adhesive spray- $9
Headliner material- $40 (Can be bought a local fabric store)
Grill brush

From start to finish took me 3 days. I worked on it for about 4 hrs a day

TIP: If you some of you decide to do this, make sure to wrap the corners about a half inch to ensure the adhesive doesn't come off of the headliner. <--This was Mazda's mistake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0407.JPG (843.1 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0411.JPG (1.76 MB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0413.JPG (1.62 MB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0421.JPG (2.58 MB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0414.JPG (1.93 MB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0416.JPG (1.05 MB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0417.JPG (1.04 MB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0418.JPG (1.13 MB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0419.JPG (1.02 MB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0420.JPG (1.08 MB, 215 views)

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to manila For This Useful Post:
89T (09-16-2012), Boosted Beluga (02-01-2013), breakfstincluded (07-14-2012), caesura (07-14-2012), darkcherry (07-05-2012), Downmented (07-09-2013), helmetface (07-14-2012), tddvrrn (04-19-2012), TiGraySpeed6 (04-19-2012), uncorked11 (11-27-2012)
 Old 07-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #2

thommi7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good. Thanks for sharing
thommi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #3

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,188 Posts
Groans: 219
Groaned at 70 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Probably going to paint my 08's headliner black..I hate light colored ceilings..
 Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #4

Mattsy is a splendid one to beholdMattsy is a splendid one to beholdMattsy is a splendid one to beholdMattsy is a splendid one to beholdMattsy is a splendid one to beholdMattsy is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like it's time to wrap the pillars and head liner in alcantara.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattsy For This Useful Post:
Downmented (12-03-2012)
 Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #5

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,482 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed for win, I got my MS3 with scratches all over the headliner, definitly looks like the result of fucking

Thought my only option would be to get new headliner from someones zzb

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #6

caesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the worldcaesura is the leader of the world
Groans: 45
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn this would've been really helpful for my old mazda 6i...The headliner was falling to pieces in the back.
Cobb AP: JBR WP Intake: CX Racing Fmic: CPE Catted Dp: SU Rmm: Autotech Intenals: Turbosmart BPV: JBR TB tig: JBR rear swaybar: JBR Shifter: TB Performance Mid Chasis Brace: TB Peformance Traction Bar V2: H/R Springs: Privat Akzents 18x8.5+48: 10mm Spacers: Hella Horns:
caesura is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Banned

RussianTuner2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome, my gf was eating a fudge dipped cone and got some on my headliner looks like this is going on my to-do list. thanks!
RussianTuner2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #8

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how do you match the sunroof headliner seal? Thats why I never redid mine.
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #9

chuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,543 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
plastidip

13.7@ 96 w/1.8 60ft (SRI, AP)
13.4@ 102 w/1.9 60ft (SRI,AP,WAIC,TIG, Internals, ITV22's)

chuckms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #10

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
When you say match the headliner seal...what exactly do you mean by that?
If you look at the last picture are you referring to the seal (thin strip) that wraps around the entire sunroof?

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #11

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manilaMS12 View Post
When you say match the headliner seal...what exactly do you mean by that?
If you look at the last picture are you referring to the seal (thin strip) that wraps around the entire sunroof?
Oh, I see now. You didint match it. I would def want to match the color so it matched everything else.
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea at the time I couldn't find a color fabric that matched the OEM. On the flip side, I was selling my car at the time and wanted to fix the headliner issue to make the car more appealing.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #13

acidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond reputeacidego has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good.

08 Cosmic Blue GT-

Installed- Sure Anchors, Sure Countershift, JBR RMM, COBB TIP, COBB SRI, APv3, JBR Knob, JBR Camber Arms, JBR RSB, JBR OCC, Autotech Internals, Koni Yellows, H&R springs, Whiteline Endlinks, NGK Iridium, Forge V2, ETS Topmount

Not so Installed- Spin on conversion, Sammich plate, Block8head duely, Autometer Boost and Oil Temp, UR Test Pipe
acidego is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #14

Doberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the worldDoberman is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Keep an eye on it. Spray can glue is pretty weak stuff. We use trim tack (industrial grade). That will outlast the foam backing.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #15

yellow74cj5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Replacing Ecu

Hi guys, I don't know if I am right or not, but I need to replace my Ecu on my Speed6 2006 and i am afraid that if i do that, none of the control modules later on will work. Im sure the immobalizer needs to be replaced, but i dont know about the airbag controm module, or the body control module or any other ones which will give me problems. My car has a key card, basically if anyone has been through this process and knows anything on it, help me out if you can.
yellow74cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #16

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 128
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by yellow74cj5 View Post
Hi guys, I don't know if I am right or not, but I need to replace my Ecu on my Speed6 2006 and i am afraid that if i do that, none of the control modules later on will work. Im sure the immobalizer needs to be replaced, but i dont know about the airbag controm module, or the body control module or any other ones which will give me problems. My car has a key card, basically if anyone has been through this process and knows anything on it, help me out if you can.
Fucking retard

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Yousuf For This Un-useful Post:
Thor Hammer (09-28-2018)
 Old 09-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #17

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yousuf View Post
Fucking retard
Pot calling the kettle black...
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Un-useful Post:
Yousuf (09-29-2018)