register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #41

ms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the worldms3rick is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,348 Times in 986 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i need to do this!

E85(25%) - Stratified DynoJet - 307//357
PowerMods: AccessPort*STRATIFIED*; AutoTech FP internals;Corksport SRI//TIP; CorkSport Test Pipe
Suspension: H&R springs//Sensen Mazda5 struts; TB Performance TractionBar//Trunk Brace
Brakes: CorkSport Pads; Centric Blanks

Other: UltraGaugeEM; JBR 88D Rmm; JBR SSP//Bushings; EGR unplug;CF 3m vinal on trim in side car

Official 60-100mph Times
Official Video battles
Official Youtube Channels

Originally Posted by silvapain
[10:53 AM] silvapain: I grow facial hair faster than Haltech extorts your moniez.

:-( 2014 - Dodge Dart.. (Blue Turtle)
ms3rick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #42

JAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 20 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Finally did this and my headlights are crystal clear!! Thank you!
Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Forge V2, JBR RMM, AWR PMM, Cobb AP, CP-E downpipe, CP-E dual cat-back exhaust, CP-E TMIC, JBR EGR delete kit, JBR T.I.G., Sure shortcut and counterweight, Autotech internals, ACT 6-Puck clutch, Megan Racing springs, Enkei Imola rims 18x7.5, 235/40/18 Continental DWS Extreme Contact
JAGspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #43

jm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JAGspeed6 View Post
Finally did this and my headlights are crystal clear!! Thank you!
These guys fog up easy. I recommend waxing them.
Cobb AP | Stratified Tune Stage 1 OTS | JBR Stage II Intake | cp-e 3'' Straight Exhaust | JBR RMM | SURE AGS 600 Gram Shift Knob | SURE Anchors | SURE Return | SURE SSP/Weight | All Redline Fluids | Shell T6 | Forge V1

ms6db.com I'm Registered. Are You?
jm211 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jm211 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-23-2013), JAGspeed6 (09-25-2013)
 Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #44

ginger6ninja9 is a name known to allginger6ninja9 is a name known to allginger6ninja9 is a name known to allginger6ninja9 is a name known to allginger6ninja9 is a name known to allginger6ninja9 is a name known to all
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I used Ultimate Compound to buff mine out. It worked really well.
ginger6ninja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #45

ozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Used the same method on my car and Smoker6's car, looks like brand new!
 Old 11-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #46

aggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the worldaggierandy is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,091 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 18 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very happy with my recent results as well.

After wet sanding:

After polish:

Sent from my XT926

aggierandy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #47

ozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess I could post some results...
Before
1 Headlights before-5.JPG
After
STH71012.JPG

This was just before I applied the UV coating and then waxing them a few days later.
aggierandy (11-21-2013)
 Old 11-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #48

TrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud ofTrePaul86 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use the Meguiars Ultimate Compound on the headlights on my mk4 every couple of months to keep them polished and not hazed over…. Stuff works awesome!

Little brothers 06 MS6 GT BCM : H&R CO's, CS - Front Sway bar, Front and rear strut bars, power series 3" TBE exhaust with catted DP, Power series FMIC kit (TIP, Intake), Full LED interior and exterior with LED fogs JBR - SSP and weight with shift bushings, cylindrical shift knob SURE - RMM, Rear Diff mountCarLED tails AutoTech HPFP internalsTuned by StratifiedHKS SSQV4 VTA
TrePaul86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #49

BZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boosten Ya(josh) View Post
mine are messed up but I think it's mostly from my 55w hids. I heard they could melt the housing and i think they are. I could get a pic up later if anyone is interested.
I know this was a while ago but when I bought my car in 2012 the headlights were perfectly clear. Now looks like shit inside and out of the lens after the 55w HID. Did you have a conclusion to whether or not it was from the HIDs or what you did to fix the issue.

Seems like most people say to bake the headlight but I am going to try using a heat gun and putty knife tonight to remove the lens and hopefully clean and buff the inside.

Zig Built SOLD!!!!

Rebought back and continuing the mission to fully bolted top mount BT
BZiggy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #50

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BZiggy10 View Post
I know this was a while ago but when I bought my car in 2012 the headlights were perfectly clear. Now looks like shit inside and out of the lens after the 55w HID. Did you have a conclusion to whether or not it was from the HIDs or what you did to fix the issue.

Seems like most people say to bake the headlight but I am going to try using a heat gun and putty knife tonight to remove the lens and hopefully clean and buff the inside.
I haven't done anything as of yet because lazy. I want to take some compound to it and see if it makes better.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #51

BZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the worldBZiggy10 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boosten Ya(josh) View Post
I haven't done anything as of yet because lazy. I want to take some compound to it and see if it makes better.
Some of the local Nator guys had the drill kit with the spongy head and some type of compound and did their lights at my house. They did mine also and the outside looked great but the inside was still pretty hazy. After a week the outsides went right back to the way it was if not worse.

I am going to try wet sanding over the weekend and try something to cover the inside to protect from the heat.

Zig Built SOLD!!!!

Rebought back and continuing the mission to fully bolted top mount BT
BZiggy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #52

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Relentless customs told me to use this after I clean them. It's a uv protect.

Eastwood's 2K AeroSpray? High-Gloss Clear

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted Beluga For This Useful Post:
BZiggy10 (02-26-2014)
 Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #53

phil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant futurephil2045 has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 22 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just used the Meguiars kit, wet sand and drill polish. Worked pretty good. Will have to wait for my car to be done and they're back on to see how long it will last.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
'06 MS6 Pearl White - CP-E FMIC, CP-E CAI, CP-E Motor Mounts, Greddy Turbo Timer, DNP Mani, Turbo Smart BOV, Custom Cat-Back Exhaust, Sure ShortCut, Sure BSD, Wiesco Pistons, Pauter Rods, Main/Head Studs, Replaced VVT & Timing Chain @86k.
--FOR SALE, 93k miles, asking $8,000--

'09 BMW 535i M-Sport Auto - BMS Intake Cones, ECS Tuning Charge Pipe, JB4, A/M Muffler, ACS Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Inovit Speedy 19x8.5fr 19x9.5rr on Continental Extreme Contact DW.
--Future Parts: Speed De-Limiter, Slotted Rotors and EBC pads, VRSF Catless Downpipes, VRSF Intercooler, Carbon Fiber Rear bumper insert, and possibly some suspension.--
phil2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #54

@6italia0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Headlight restoration stuffz

Hey thanks for posting these instructions. I used a slightly different method, but overall followed your instructions as they seemed a bit more informative.

I also made a full step by step video of the process I used which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8emR4_3bH0

Comment, Rate, Subscribe
@6italia0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #55

gerdav7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Trunk Handle relacement

Thank you for the info on how to replace trunk handle on my Speed6
gerdav7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #56
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,027 Times in 2,821 Posts
Groans: 1,910
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by gerdav7 View Post
Thank you for the info on how to replace trunk handle on my Speed6
What in the hell are you talking about? This thread is about headlight restoration, and you're 4 years late to the party.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (07-08-2018)
 Old 07-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #57

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,063 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
What in the hell are you talking about? This thread is about headlight restoration, and you're 4 years late to the party.
While we can't fix stupid, it's good to call it out. Where do these guys come from?

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-08-2018)
 Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #58

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

IMO, delete that post and the 3 that follow it.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f111/headlight-restoration-how-125509/
Posted By For Type Date
Hazed headlights - Page 3 - DFW Mazdas This thread Refback 12-08-2012 09:07 PM