register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ArmySpeed6

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #1

ArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 20 Times in 8 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +2 score     
Default How To: BCM Replacement/Swap

Alright guys, this is my attempt to try and write up a DIY, given that I am such a "great mechanic"...Mechanic level - Obama(lower than Brownie)

My reason for writing this up is cause, for some time I have been driving around not being able to use my blinkers/hazards due to the BCM(Body Control Module) has crapped out on me. This was determined after fuses were checked, and wirings were also checked.

Mods please feel free to edit anything that you feel as an error...thanks

Alright! So BCM(Body Control Module)
image-1373969453.jpg

You will need to disconnect the negative from your battery
image-579068959.jpg

Location: it is connected to the cabin fuse box as depicted here
image-1046220323.jpg

In order to remove the housing that contains BCM/Fusebox, you will need to remove the inner plastic lining that lays on the flooring of this "thingy". Doing so will unhinge the housing that contains the BCM.
image-782364960.jpg

As soon as housing is removed, you will see that the BCM is secured by a single 11mm bolt as shown below
image-3871372257.jpg

Once bolt has been removed, it is then all self explanatory where all that's left to do is simply unfasten the wiring through its "connector clips" and transfer wires/Fusebox to the new BCM
image-3461147594.jpg

There you have it! Pretty simple 15-20 min job or maybe less. Don't think I need to remind you folks to reconnect your battery =P

Stay Frosty

SSG P out
Mleff001 and walkerlw like this.

GT3076R//Custom FMIC with 13" Core with 3" piping//HTP 3.5 Intake/Inlet System with AEM Cone//CorkSport SS DownPipe//Custom 3inch Exhaust with Single Flowmaster Exit//Autotech Fuel Pump Internals//Prosport OCC//Devils Own Meth//GrimmSpeed EBCS//Bosch 3Bar//Cobb AccessPort V2//MSD DashHawk//TWM Stage 2 Short Throw Shifter//D2 Racing Coilovers//RotorPro Front and Rear Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors//EBC Green Stuff Front and Rear Pads//ACT 6 Puck Clutch and Flywheel//CorkSport Front Strut Bar//CorkSport Rear Brace Bar//CorksSport Rear Differential Mount//CorkSport Front Sway Bar//Whiteline Rear Sway Bar//CorkSport LED Kit//AWR 80 Duro TMM/RMM/PMM//GTSpec 4 Point Ladder Brace Bar//
////MADSCIENTISTTUNED////

ArmySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArmySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
:: Gusto :: (03-04-2015), ChrisMazda3Owner (10-25-2018), mczimer (05-07-2013), Mistersix (06-17-2013), Poohster (05-18-2013)
 Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Banned

mczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the worldmczimer is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Best how to EVER
mczimer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #3

ArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the worldArmySpeed6 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mczimer View Post
Best how to EVER
Lol...haha the sarcasm just slapped me so hard

GT3076R//Custom FMIC with 13" Core with 3" piping//HTP 3.5 Intake/Inlet System with AEM Cone//CorkSport SS DownPipe//Custom 3inch Exhaust with Single Flowmaster Exit//Autotech Fuel Pump Internals//Prosport OCC//Devils Own Meth//GrimmSpeed EBCS//Bosch 3Bar//Cobb AccessPort V2//MSD DashHawk//TWM Stage 2 Short Throw Shifter//D2 Racing Coilovers//RotorPro Front and Rear Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors//EBC Green Stuff Front and Rear Pads//ACT 6 Puck Clutch and Flywheel//CorkSport Front Strut Bar//CorkSport Rear Brace Bar//CorksSport Rear Differential Mount//CorkSport Front Sway Bar//Whiteline Rear Sway Bar//CorkSport LED Kit//AWR 80 Duro TMM/RMM/PMM//GTSpec 4 Point Ladder Brace Bar//

Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #4

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@ArmySpeed6; I have the same issue as you did. Horn blaring lights flashing. I'm wondering if this is my issue, that i zapped the bcm some how.

Questions:
1.Did you short something and fry the bcm?
2.How did you come to the conclusion this was your issue?
3.Did this solve your problem completely?
4.Does this require and software writing? As in, how does it know your key fob?
5.Did you get this part from the dealer? Was it expensive?

Trying to explore all options before i head to the dealership.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mistersix View Post
@ArmySpeed6; I have the same issue as you did. Horn blaring lights flashing. I'm wondering if this is my issue, that i zapped the bcm some how.

Questions:
1.Did you short something and fry the bcm?
2.How did you come to the conclusion this was your issue?
3.Did this solve your problem completely?
4.Does this require and software writing? As in, how does it know your key fob?
5.Did you get this part from the dealer? Was it expensive?

Trying to explore all options before i head to the dealership.
after i let my buddy back at my old station wire my lights, i noticed that shortly after that my blinkers had failed along with hazards(duh).

1. I assume that whatever my buddy did, fried my bcm.

2. I did a few trouble shoots. tested fuse box inside the engine bay, checked for current and fuse life. Checked in cabin fuse box, but I checked what else were affected.

3. Once concluded/pinpointed the issue, it was all in the matter of finding someone who has one laying around.

4. My vehicle is the GT model but I lost my credit card key fob, so I am not sure whether or not any type of wiring was necessary, it was pretty much plug in play.

5. Dealership quoted me for $430 just for the part, time and labor is ridiculous, that alone would cost $185 per hour.

also, make sure if you decide to lurk on here, make sure it corresponds to your vehicles model, ie. GT to GT, sport to sport.

installation was very simple...but if you are like me, patience is NOT my best skill...nearly destroyed all the clips

Cheers bud...

The Following User Says Thank You to ArmySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Mistersix (06-17-2013)
 Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #6

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks so much. I intend to pull it and make sure the numbers match. I just hope i don't need key codes written in or anything. This stuff is kinda new to me so i'm unsure of that.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistersix For This Useful Post:
ArmySpeed6 (06-17-2013)
 Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mistersix View Post
Thanks so much. I intend to pull it and make sure the numbers match. I just hope i don't need key codes written in or anything. This stuff is kinda new to me so i'm unsure of that.
Yup, good luck brother...

I know there are a few dudes on here that, unfortunately totaled their six's...they should have it laying around.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #8

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Where did you buy your bcm from??
 Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #9

sporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the worldsporkbomb is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by :: Gusto :: View Post
Where did you buy your bcm from??
If your question was for the OP, @ArmySpeed6;, he hasn't been active since 04-14-2014 04:00 PM. Seeing as his last post on this thread was on 06-17-2013 04:17 PM ... it's probably safe to say he will not be answering.

Just a wild guess ...
Autotech CDFP Internals || Cobb AP, SRI, TIH, DP, CB, BPV, EBCS, FSB & RSB || cp-e Injector Seals, EGR Delete|| JBR OCC, Shifter Plate, PMM & TMM, TB & Intake TIG, Coolant Bypass|| Mazdaspeed Coilovers || TRZ RMM|| TWM Bushings || MOOG Front & Rear Endlinks

2006 MS6 GT (ZZB Rebirth)
Autotech CDFP Internals || BNR Stage 3 || Bosch 3 Bar || Cobb AP || cp-e Injector Seals, CBE, DP || ETS TMIC || Full Race EM || H&R Coilovers || JBR Mounts, 3.5" WP Aluminum Intake || Matt Damond OCC, Shifter Plate, EGR Delete || Racing Beat Rear Endlinks || Relentless PnP IM || SPC Balljoints || Whiteline RSB || The Company of Which I Will Not Name Front & Rear Diff Mounts

1990 Miata
I like it raw
sporkbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sporkbomb For This Useful Post:
:: Gusto :: (03-05-2015), ASHMS3 (03-04-2015)
 Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #10

Mazdaphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Computer Flash

My BCM went bad as well, taillights/dashlights go off intermittently when headlights are on. I have a replacement, but was told I need to get the computer flashed after I install it. Did you need to do this after your swap?
Mazdaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #11
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,820 Posts
Groans: 1,909
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazdaphil View Post
My BCM went bad as well, taillights/dashlights go off intermittently when headlights are on. I have a replacement, but was told I need to get the computer flashed after I install it. Did you need to do this after your swap?
In answer to your question . . .

Originally Posted by sporkbomb View Post
If your question was for the OP, @ArmySpeed6;, he hasn't been active since 04-14-2014 04:00 PM. Seeing as his last post on this thread was on 06-17-2013 04:17 PM ... it's probably safe to say he will not be answering.

Just a wild guess ...
This ^^^

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
sporkbomb (09-06-2016)
 Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #12

Tactown98499 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ArmySpeed6 View Post
Alright guys, this is my attempt to try and write up a DIY, given that I am such a "great mechanic"...Mechanic level - Obama(lower than Brownie)

My reason for writing this up is cause, for some time I have been driving around not being able to use my blinkers/hazards due to the BCM(Body Control Module) has crapped out on me. This was determined after fuses were checked, and wirings were also checked.

Mods please feel free to edit anything that you feel as an error...thanks

Alright! So BCM(Body Control Module)
Attachment 106143

You will need to disconnect the negative from your battery
Attachment 106145

Location: it is connected to the cabin fuse box as depicted here
Attachment 106144

In order to remove the housing that contains BCM/Fusebox, you will need to remove the inner plastic lining that lays on the flooring of this "thingy". Doing so will unhinge the housing that contains the BCM.
Attachment 106147

As soon as housing is removed, you will see that the BCM is secured by a single 11mm bolt as shown below
Attachment 106148

Once bolt has been removed, it is then all self explanatory where all that's left to do is simply unfasten the wiring through its "connector clips" and transfer wires/Fusebox to the new BCM
Attachment 106149

There you have it! Pretty simple 15-20 min job or maybe less. Don't think I need to remind you folks to reconnect your battery =P

Stay Frosty

SSG P out
Hey the yellow clip on top of the BCM i have it off and was wondering how to get actual BCM out because it seems like its wedged in there. Help..
Tactown98499 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Tactown98499 For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (02-16-2017)
 Old 02-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #13

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy shit, how many times can stupid happen in the same thread

Originally Posted by Tactown98499 View Post
Hey the yellow clip on top of the BCM i have it off and was wondering how to get actual BCM out because it seems like its wedged in there. Help..
Because reading is hard...

Originally Posted by sporkbomb View Post

Just a wild guess ...

Last edited by g00s3y; 02-16-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
g00s3y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #14

dishman316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Dishman316

Hello fellow Mazdaspeed Forum users,
I own a 2012 Mazda 6 which I have had for 3+ years now. I look forward to receiving useful tips from this forum!
dishman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #15

ChrisMazda3Owner is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question Awesome... but do we have a hot-to on BCM for 2010 Mazda 3?

Originally Posted by ArmySpeed6 View Post
Alright guys, this is my attempt to try and write up a DIY, given that I am such a "great mechanic"...Mechanic level.

Stay Frosty

SSG P out
+1 Rep.

Absolutely awesome how-to guide with pics..... But does anyone know if we have a BCM replacement for a 2010 Mazda 3?

I have searched and searched and cannot find one....

Thanks!
Chris
ChrisMazda3Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #16

Bertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dishman316 View Post
Hello fellow Mazdaspeed Forum users,
I own a 2012 Mazda 6 which I have had for 3+ years now. I look forward to receiving useful tips from this forum!
Hello and welcome but I honestly dont think this forums gonna help you much with that '12 Mazda 6
Cobb SF Intake & TIH w. Blitz Filter
CP-e TMIC
Corksport Dual VTA BPV
JBR 88 Duro RMM
Bertospeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #17

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bertospeed3 View Post
Hello and welcome but I honestly dont think this forums gonna help you much with that '12 Mazda 6
I hope he get that since January

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #18

Bertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
I hope he get that since January
Yeah he probably got that quick lol. I didnt even notice, i thought that was the post that bumped the thread. I gotta put the crackpipe down smh
Cobb SF Intake & TIH w. Blitz Filter
CP-e TMIC
Corksport Dual VTA BPV
JBR 88 Duro RMM
Bertospeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bertospeed3 For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (10-25-2018)
 Old 10-25-2018, 11:31 PM   #19
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,320 Times in 1,863 Posts
Groans: 546
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bert is fat.
Pu Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #20

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bertospeed3 View Post
Yeah he probably got that quick lol. I didnt even notice, i thought that was the post that bumped the thread. I gotta put the crackpipe down smh
hum that bumping post isn't even better....a guy not finding used parts for a 2010 mz3 won't be lucky here. And... you should find parts very easily in any local junkyard for a common 2010 car unless you live somewhere you are the only one with that car lol

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote