register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

SpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 22 Times in 11 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default How-To: Install Guardian Angel on MS6

How to install the Guardian Angel in the MS6 engine bay, with many detailed pictures

The reason i made this write down is that there really isnt any detailed How-To of how people install this device in their MS6's. There is one big difference from the MS3 install, where the LED wire goes

Note: This is the way i did it, there are several other locations that the GA and wire/tubes can be installed at. But this worked very well for me and im extremely satisfied with it!

Parts used:
* Guardian Angel
* Add-A-Fuse (a.k.a Add-A-Circuit)
* 40" of 5/32" vacuum hose
* 12" of 3/16" vacuum hose
* 2 5/32" clamps and 2 3/16" clamps
* Some zip ties

Tools needed:
* Lights
* Pliers
* 10mm socket and matching ratchet
* Drill with 3/16" and 8/32" drills

Preparation:
Remove the red crimp seal from the GA wire and connect it with the blue crimp seal on the "Add-a-fuse". Make sure the wire is secure

Everything testfitted and ready to be installed

Now lets get things installed!!

Remove the battery and battery tray
Remove vacuum from BPV (pic was taken before i cleaned things up)

And from the maifold. This might be a bit tight to get to if you have a TMIC and haven't removed it. But it does work

Connect the new vacuum hose to manifold

Routing using the supplied fasteners and zip ties

I installed GA on the fuse lid. Just drill two holes and use screws and nuts to make it real tight. On this picture everything is connected

Connect the Add-A-Fuse to ENG BAR and route the wiring through the opening on the backside of the fusebox. Make sure the lid doesnt jam down on the wire.
You can also see that i zip tied the big black GA wires on the right side of the fusebox.
On the top of the picture is where i mounted the GA ground wire (stock location), just to the right of the big black OEM ground cable. This is also where you should tape the blue External Trigger Wire together with the rest of the wires, unless you'r actually going to use it

Black LED wire zip tied to some solid pipe

This part could be a bit tricky. I used a long screwdriver to push some wire through this rubber thingy where the cars electrical cables are gathered (picture shows LED wire already pulled through)

Tied it to the LED wire and just pulled it through the hole i made in the rubber with the screwdriver

"Button" removed. There are two ways of doing this:
1) Insert two tiny screwdrivers on top and bottom and pry it out
2) From under the dashboard you could reach up and press on the clips that hold this button (i didnt make it, was too tight)

Now use a 8/32" drill to make a hole on the back of the button

And a 3/16" drill on the front side. This size is pretty much perfect and makes the LED sit really tight

LED installed. You may use glue on the inside of the LED wire to really make sure it stays there (test the system first so you know that it actually works)

Backside of the buttons, wire is installed and ready to go

Final result!! Though button is not pushed in until system has been checked at the 10 PSI setting (lowest)

Now set it to 10 PSI and get some logs to make sure it works the way it should

For now i will not cover how it is operated and adjusted, i think there are plenty of how to's on that. And @Lex; is here to support you if you need any info

Buy your Guardian angel here: Stratified Automotive Controls
One tip to you all, BUY the Boost Dial as well! Amazing product!

CP-E Atmosphere Kit GTX3076 Tial 0.82AR / EWG / 3,25" MAF / Catless DP
Simons 3" Catback CP-E Diff Mount HDI FMIC HTP Battery Relocation
Corksport: Rear Brace Bar - Front Strut Bar - Stubby Antenna - Interior + Underhood LED Kit
JBR: TMM+PMM+RMM - Short Shift Kit /w Bushings - TIG Throttle - Coolant Bypass - EGR Delete - JBR OCC Stage 2
Whiteline Rear Swaybar SPC Camber Joints Turbosmart BPV Autotech Internals SURE Juggernaught Stratified Guardian Angel & Boost Dial NGK IX @ 0.025
Bosch 3 bar MAP w/ PNP Harness Block8Head Dual Gauge Pod Defi Racer Boost & Oil Pressure & Oil Temp
Techna-Fit Clutch Line + Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Racing ProSport Oil Filter Adapter Mazda Spin-On Conversion + NPT/BSPT adapter

Not installed yet: SP63 longblock, FreekTune 4" Intake, JBR TIG IM, DM Meth Spacer

290 AWHP / K04
370 AWHP / GTX3076 @ 23 psi
SpeedRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SpeedRebirth For This Useful Post:
bigspender (07-02-2014), Caligula (04-01-2013), Code Monkey (03-08-2013), dsmguy (10-22-2013), dynamix (03-09-2013), Jh8909 (03-08-2013), Lex (05-06-2013), LilGator (06-01-2013)
 Old 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #2

Taheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am looking at your dashboard and I notice some serious differences from mine(US Market). I don't have that little pocket next to the airbag switch. nor the airbag switch. In fact my dash is molded different to seem like those weren't even supposed to be there. but I do have a dial to adjust headlight angle... no blank socket to drill either.

/3.5" CUSTOM SRI/ /3.5" MAF HOUSING/ /COBB AP/ /AUTOTECHS/ /CUSTOM DOWNPIPE/ /JBR TRILOGY 80 DURO/ /JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS/ /TR8 FMIC W. CUSTOM PIPES/ /CS FRONT & REAR TOWER BARS/ /GROM USB/ /DIY SUB EQ/ /VG SHARK FIN/ /CS LED KIT/ /SMOKED LENSES/ /CUSTOM FX-R PROJECTOR UPGRADE/
Taheny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #3

SpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 22 Times in 11 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

There are a couple differences yes, and we don't have any GT or Sport packages here. No sunroof either.
If i did this install again i would put the LED light in a better spot, higher up. Because now i can't really see it when having my hands on the steeringwheel. I would probably put it somewhere around the left vent

CP-E Atmosphere Kit GTX3076 Tial 0.82AR / EWG / 3,25" MAF / Catless DP
Simons 3" Catback CP-E Diff Mount HDI FMIC HTP Battery Relocation
Corksport: Rear Brace Bar - Front Strut Bar - Stubby Antenna - Interior + Underhood LED Kit
JBR: TMM+PMM+RMM - Short Shift Kit /w Bushings - TIG Throttle - Coolant Bypass - EGR Delete - JBR OCC Stage 2
Whiteline Rear Swaybar SPC Camber Joints Turbosmart BPV Autotech Internals SURE Juggernaught Stratified Guardian Angel & Boost Dial NGK IX @ 0.025
Bosch 3 bar MAP w/ PNP Harness Block8Head Dual Gauge Pod Defi Racer Boost & Oil Pressure & Oil Temp
Techna-Fit Clutch Line + Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Racing ProSport Oil Filter Adapter Mazda Spin-On Conversion + NPT/BSPT adapter

Not installed yet: SP63 longblock, FreekTune 4" Intake, JBR TIG IM, DM Meth Spacer

290 AWHP / K04
370 AWHP / GTX3076 @ 23 psi
SpeedRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #4

Taheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to beholdTaheny is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have the nav so i was going to put it in the blank to the right of the dash cubby. i'll probably have to extend the wires though.

/3.5" CUSTOM SRI/ /3.5" MAF HOUSING/ /COBB AP/ /AUTOTECHS/ /CUSTOM DOWNPIPE/ /JBR TRILOGY 80 DURO/ /JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS/ /TR8 FMIC W. CUSTOM PIPES/ /CS FRONT & REAR TOWER BARS/ /GROM USB/ /DIY SUB EQ/ /VG SHARK FIN/ /CS LED KIT/ /SMOKED LENSES/ /CUSTOM FX-R PROJECTOR UPGRADE/
Taheny is offline   Reply With Quote