register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #1

meelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     
Default How-to: Remove Rear Deck on Mazda6/MS6

I couldn't find a how-to for this so I figure i'll try to benefit others that may be interested.

Procedure:

1. Take off the neg terminal of the battery (esp if you have airbags there)

2. Fold down the seats. (I installed the fold down seat levers for my MS6, but there is a way to do it with out it. On a MS6 you will have to remove the trunk liner and look under near the support braces and you should see two slots show below. Use a flathead screwdriver to move them and they should come out.

3. Remove the two side seat cushions from the rear seat that didn't fold down. By reaching behind the cushion to push in a tab to release the latch for the top. Using a 10mm socket to remove the lower bolt holding it in. Pull up on the rear seat cushion edge (it will come up) to gain access to the bolt easier). Do this for both sides.

4. Move on to taking off the clips along the front of the rear deck that usually covered by the rear seats and cushions. There are 7 total. Two may be covered by the seat belts.

5. Next is the C-Pillars (apparently this varies on whether you have an airbag on not there). If there is an airbag you have an extra 10mm bolt to remove that is hidden behind the SRS panel. To remove that panel you have to slide a small flathead screwdriver under there to get it to pop out.

6. After you take off the bolt start to pull slowly from the bottom closer to the door as possible and pull towards in the inside of the car listen for the clips to pop off. Once it starts to get loose you should be able to complete get it off.

7. Once you’ve got all that done you should have something that looks like this.

8. Make sure you move all the seat belts behind the rear deck so that they don’t get in the way when you try to remove it. (I had pics but i decided against putting them up)

9. Take the rear deck and lift up. There are two clips on the left and right sides that need to pop out so keep lifting up until they pop and you can pull the rear deck towards you to get it to come out.

10. Once in there you can do whatever you needed to do in there. In my case I wanted to add dynamat to my rear deck to get some sound deadening for my new pre-amp that I bought for the bose sub.

11. To put everything back just reverse the procedure. I hope people can use this. Have fun!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey

TUNED BY NISHAN

POWER
SpeedPerformanc3 Wiseco Pistons (88mm)::Manley Forged H-Beams::BNR S3::Bosch 3Bar Map Sensor::CP-E Ex Mani::SBC Stg 2 Clutch::JBR RMM 80a::JBR STG II SRI::JBR Boost Tubes::JBR BPV Return::JBR SSP::CS TMIC::CS DP::Stratified 3 Port EBCS::Stratified Guardian Angel::TurboXS RP::Custom 3" Catback Exhaust::KMD 2.1::Flex Innovations Ground Kit::Turbosmart BPV::MD OCC::TWM Stage 1::BC Coilovers::Hawks HPS::EGR Delete::SURE Dreadnaught::SURE Juggernaut::SURE TIG

COSMETIC AND AUDIO
Mori H1 Proj Retrofit::DDM 3k HID Fogs::RPM Rear LED Reflectors::RPM Side LED Reflectors::Morel Elate 6 2W 6.5" Components::Morel Maximo 5C 5.25" Coaxial::Arc Audio KS300.4::Arc Audio KS1000.1::Audison BitOne.1::Zapco ST4

Last edited by meelo88; 06-22-2009 at 11:19 PM.
meelo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meelo88 For This Useful Post:
crbalch (04-26-2010), MATT DAMOND (08-07-2009), MazdaMOFO84 (01-05-2013), miguelbates (07-28-2011), Mistersix (08-08-2009), p057 (09-27-2012)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f111/how-remove-rear-deck-mazda6-mazdaspeed-6-a-30608/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda 6, 2004, subwooferi+võimu paigaldus : Audio This thread Refback 09-01-2011 02:11 AM
Mazda6 woofri kinnitus? : 626/MX-6/Xedos-6/6 This thread Refback 05-19-2011 12:39 AM