register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dash08

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #1

squale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default How to remove a very small door ding/dent?

I just got hit by a little rock on the rear right side door on my 2006 MS6... my car is white in color. It's hard to see this small little dent because it's only about half the size of a dime but still it annoys me on a car that is in otherwise mint shape. Anyway to get it out? the dent is NOT on a crease or line on the car, just in the center of the door panel and there is NO scratches, just the dent impression.
 Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,270 Times in 4,347 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Remove the interior door panel and find the dent from the inside of the door. Very carefully try to pop out the dent.

It's japanese sheet metal, you might be able to pop it out with your fucking finger. LOL!
ItalianSA likes this.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #3

squale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to allsquale is a name known to all
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how hard is it to remove the rear door panel on the MS6? I have leather and all in there
 Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,184 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ding king? you know the proceeds aren't fueling billy mays' coke habit anymore.

Ding King - Ding King Car Automobile Dent Puller Removal Remover
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,270 Times in 4,347 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by squale View Post
how hard is it to remove the rear door panel on the MS6? I have leather and all in there
Not sure on the MS6, but it can't be too difficult. Usually, it's just plastic clips and maybe a few phillips head screws. Just be careful and use common sense.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #6

sharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant futuresharky has a brilliant future
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had really good luck going to a place that offered Paintless Dent Repair. They took care of a ding that sounds about like what you were describing.

It was a little more spendy than DIY, but flawless in the end. It was well worth it for somebody who is OCD about their car.
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #7

FridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the worldFridayGt is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pat bateman View Post

I've used the ding king before. It works wonders with slightly larger dents w/out creases. Great bang for the buck. I dont recall if I ever used it on a dent that small, but I do remember it taking a while longer on the smaller dents.

Originally Posted by Dre View Post
if you get an sri, kiss your mpg goodbye cuz you're gonna be balls deep in that throttle whenever you get the chance..
FridayGt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #8

laxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the worldlaxplayermjd is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 24 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

pay your paintless dent repair guy that works at your dealer 20 bucks to do it on the side
 Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #9

mike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond reputemike000g has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ding king sucks all it leaves is glue marks looking like nipples
mike000g is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 AM   #10

Bang is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dents suck. And so does the cost to repair them. My wife's car has a ding in the door that's really been bugging me, and as a frugal shopper I wondered if smarter folks than myself have ever figured out a cheap way to repair dents. Good news...they have.

After doing a lot of web browsing I found many ways. But I don't have the cash for my own electromagnet, or the skills to do paintless dent repair (look either of these up, they take time and money...and a lot of skill). No, I wanted a quick, cheap "10 minutes or less" solution. And I found two. Ladies and gentlemen...welcome to the two minute body-shop. The tips below are for dents. I have another post if you want to repair scratches.
1. Remove a dent with dry ice

You can find dry ice in many places these days, even your local grocery store. It's cheap too, around $2 or less for a pound (you can buy it in bulk online for even cheaper). All you do is touch the dry ice to the dent for a few seconds and repeat the process until the dent is gone. Wear dry ice gloves though.
Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2010, 05:08 AM   #11

soccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the worldsoccerballz is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Dents suck. And so does the cost to repair them. My wife's car has a ding in the door that's really been bugging me, and as a frugal shopper I wondered if smarter folks than myself have ever figured out a cheap way to repair dents. Good news...they have.

After doing a lot of web browsing I found many ways. But I don't have the cash for my own electromagnet, or the skills to do paintless dent repair (look either of these up, they take time and money...and a lot of skill). No, I wanted a quick, cheap "10 minutes or less" solution. And I found two. Ladies and gentlemen...welcome to the two minute body-shop. The tips below are for dents. I have another post if you want to repair scratches.
1. Remove a dent with dry ice

You can find dry ice in many places these days, even your local grocery store. It's cheap too, around $2 or less for a pound (you can buy it in bulk online for even cheaper). All you do is touch the dry ice to the dent for a few seconds and repeat the process until the dent is gone. Wear dry ice gloves though.
cool, and the second......lol

Mods: Vibrant 3" SRI, CP-E 3" TIP, GT3071 IWG, Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco Pistons, BSD, PG Exhaust Mani V3, CP-E Catted Downpipe, Borla CBE, CP-E FMIC, Cobb AP, CP-E HPFP, Turbosmart DP BOV, Cobb SS + Bushings, Cobb Shifter Weight.

Sponsored by NATOR VA
soccerballz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #12

vbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've heard you can spray it with compressed air, then use a heat gun/hair dryer. The alternating heat causes the metal to expand and hopefully help your cause. check youtube.

if you pull the door panel, be really careful not to let the window actuator cable come undone from the pulley. that happened to me when i was sound deadening. what a pita to get back together. i would just take out the speaker and try to access it from that hole if possible.
vbt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #13

Liquidplatspeed6 will become famous soon enoughLiquidplatspeed6 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone actually had this work?
Liquidplatspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

nope, didn't work for me
 Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,736 Times in 5,164 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

throw rocks at the car to make it look uniform all around
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (01-14-2011)
 Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #16

gin80tonic will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

This little tool is awesome!
gin80tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
CPA

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,205 Times in 2,280 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pat failman View Post
ding king? you know the proceeds aren't fueling billy mays' coke habit anymore
That is some funny shit! Haha. I think that spikey haired dude slanging the "Slap Chop" smokes some serious crystal meth.

T3 Twinscroll GT 3076 w/ .78 3" V-Band Hotside, Steed Speed Top Mount Twinscroll Mani w/ Single Tial 38mm EWG Vta'd, Custom 3" Catless DP, Custom SRI/TIP, Dump Tube, & Oil Lines. Cobb AP~FreshTune @23psi, Dash Hawk, CPE HPFP, CPE FMIC+HKS BOV, CPE Rear Diff Mount, 3" GHL CBE w/ Resonator, BSD w/ Gpwerks Baffle, Hallman Pro MBC, H&R Sport Springs, Labonte Stage 2 W/M Kit w/ BCS FS & D07 Nozzle (50/50 Boost Juice), Perrin Pro EBCS in Interrupt Mode (Disconnected), Silver Demon Injector Seals, SU RMM, SPC BJs, TWM Stage 2 STS. Badgeless Grill, Sharkfin, Wheels, & 30% Tint. Rod Swap=2nd Life, Thanks to Nator NE!! 385/370 Uncorrected, 369/357 SAE on a Dyno Jet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYIt0rqzL30
dougefresh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #18

Chrisw0505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have heard get a heat gun get the dent hot and rub with ice. I have not tried this which I don't have any dents. If someone tries this please let me know.
Chrisw0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #19
Fear The Banhammer!

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 42,827 Times in 10,943 Posts
Groans: 686
Groaned at 147 Times in 123 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I get paintless dent removal all the time it seems. No less than 40 of them on out CX-7 in the 4 years of ownership, and 20 in my Speed 3. Usually $20 or so per panel to get professionally fixed. I just meet the guy up at a dealership he is working at that day, and done in 5 minutes.

Just make sure you get experienced techs to do it. We had to repaint the hatch on our CX-7 because of a rookie messing it up taking out a softball sized dent. However, the pro got the 4 basketball sized dents, and a crease along a roof support from kids climbing up on the roof without a repaint needed.
Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (01-14-2011)
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #20

Jamhour has a spectacular aura aboutJamhour has a spectacular aura aboutJamhour has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
throw rocks at the car to make it look uniform all around
hahaha. . im not sure he wants to try thatttt
 Old 07-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #21

chorne1787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

good info
chorne1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #22
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,286 Times in 588 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

please stop posting "good info" in every thread
xcoldricex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #23

jrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the worldjrlms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have 2 quarter size dents on my driver side rear quarter panel (there when I bought them) just above the gas cap area.

What's the best way to go about taking these out?

Also, there's a pretty bad scuff mark on the back passenger door. Any suggestions?
jrlms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #24

cduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud ofcduhh has much to be proud of
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i usually just remove the panels on my cars and push them out. but ive only had my speed 6 for 3 days. and this door ding is really bugging me.
cduhh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #25

theschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cduhh View Post
i usually just remove the panels on my cars and push them out. but ive only had my speed 6 for 3 days. and this door ding is really bugging me.
I never finished removing my door panels. Every time I try, it feels like somethings gonna break. I've done it on my other cars, but very cautious w/ my 6. Let us know how to properly remove them w/o breaking anything.
 Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #26

skeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the worldskeeter149 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,341 Times in 815 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pat failman View Post

i have ding king its crap... and it was free... still crap

2008 Speed 3 GT- Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, AQ Motorsports DP (Turboxs Adapter Plate), TurboXS FMIC, GReddy CBE, GReddy BPV, 3P Flange, GReddy TT, GReddy Boost Gauge, Vent Pod, GReddy Shift Knob, SU Shifter Bushings, AWR RMM, Cobb RSB, Cobb AP, Cobb Shifter Weight, Autotech FP Internals, Corksport Exhaust Hangers. "rolling on"

1996 200sx SE-R- Injen CAI, GReddy SP2 CBE, Progress FSB, Progress RSB, Cusco FSTB, Progress LCAB, Prothane MM, JWT POP Program, JWT S4 Cams, Mishimoto Radiator, GoodRidge SS Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Nismo CF Shift Knob. "tranny woes"
skeeter149 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #27

mdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 14 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Someone try this.

mdl3v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdl3v8 For This Useful Post:
kgb (12-25-2010)
 Old 12-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
kgb

kgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the world
Groans: 82
Not Ranked  0 score     

I will tomorrow....and will post pics of before and after if successful...

WHEEL HOP...........Cp-e RMM (75) - Cobb SS - TMW Shifter Brushings - Cobb Shifter Weight - H&R Springs - Hawk HPS Pads (Front) - CS Pads (Rear) - JBR Rear Cambers - JBR 5mm Wheel Spacers - JBR Rear Sway Bar - NATOR Clutch By-Pass - NT05s

AL GORE...............EGR Delete - JBR TB Coolant Bypass - NATOR Air Reroute to SRI
MMMM BRAINS.....Dashhawk (Mounted) - Hypertech Tune - SWAStika Oppression Defeated - DSC LED Reroute

JAM SESSION........US Amps (in Series w/ Stock Amp) - Bazooka 8" Amplified (Got my trunk back) - OEM Speakers Mids & Highs Only

RICE.................. NATOR Interior Red LEDs - NATOR Engine Blue LEDs - Advanced Film Solutions Tint - NATOR Gun Metal Stock Wheels - Ventshade Deflectors -
V-limited STI Lip Mod
kgb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #29
Banned

WWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the worldWWPearlMS6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 188 Times in 55 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hate dingssssss
WWPearlMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to WWPearlMS6 For This Un-useful Post:
Docnox (01-16-2011)
 Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #30

crbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond reputecrbalch has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

whatever became of your dent? being the dumbass that i am, i leaned on my rear quarter panel and now have a small dent, nothing major but its really going to piss me off if i dont fix it
crbalch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #31

ItalianSA has a spectacular aura aboutItalianSA has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mdl3v8 View Post
I've tried it on a Cadillac Catera... didn't work. Even if it did magically repair dents, it probably won't work with a small ding. Honestly, the best thing to do is to get a PDR guy to do it for you. They are usually pricey, but they've always done an excellent job with door dings on my speed 6. Also, if you're not experienced with removing dents, you can actually push they dent out too far, and that still looks like shit! Trust me, I've tried it haha.
ItalianSA is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #32
kgb

kgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the worldkgb is the leader of the world
Groans: 82
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kgb View Post
I will tomorrow....and will post pics of before and after if successful...
Crap...forgot to post but no luck with the hot then cold technique for me...

WHEEL HOP...........Cp-e RMM (75) - Cobb SS - TMW Shifter Brushings - Cobb Shifter Weight - H&R Springs - Hawk HPS Pads (Front) - CS Pads (Rear) - JBR Rear Cambers - JBR 5mm Wheel Spacers - JBR Rear Sway Bar - NATOR Clutch By-Pass - NT05s

AL GORE...............EGR Delete - JBR TB Coolant Bypass - NATOR Air Reroute to SRI
MMMM BRAINS.....Dashhawk (Mounted) - Hypertech Tune - SWAStika Oppression Defeated - DSC LED Reroute

JAM SESSION........US Amps (in Series w/ Stock Amp) - Bazooka 8" Amplified (Got my trunk back) - OEM Speakers Mids & Highs Only

RICE.................. NATOR Interior Red LEDs - NATOR Engine Blue LEDs - Advanced Film Solutions Tint - NATOR Gun Metal Stock Wheels - Ventshade Deflectors -
V-limited STI Lip Mod
kgb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #33
Fear The Banhammer!

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 42,827 Times in 10,943 Posts
Groans: 686
Groaned at 147 Times in 123 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

DentPro, Dent Wizard, or any other paintless dent removal tech can do wonders for $50 or so. You can really fuck shit up if you do not know what you are doing. Well worth it to see the shit gone. That said, ,I have a pile of dents I need fixed again. Meh.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...fl-9-a-168707/

1) Looking to Buy a used Mazdaspeed? Read this!
2) New member? Read this before posting (UPDATED 10/2012!!) as well as the welcome PM and email. Details are here.
3) Wanna buy and sell here? DONATE for VIP
4) For Sale Section Rules UPDATED 3-31-14! Please read before posting, especially if you have less than 150 posts!
5) Help MSF grow with FAQ threads!?
Raider is online now   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f111/how-remove-very-small-door-ding-dent-56156/
Posted By For Type Date
Free PSP ISO Downloads EUR PSP ISO & CSO Downloads This thread Refback 05-02-2012 06:56 AM