register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree8Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #41

JgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,236 Times in 1,437 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BigjohnB20 View Post
God damn that thing is buried in there huh? Ive been fighting for like an hour and still haven't even got that yellow clip off. The "clips" on mine are facing the block and impossible to get to.

Noob questions... If I detach one of the coolant lines from the throttle body is coolant going to spill everywhere? Do I need something to clamp the line? Then once I put it back together do I need to do anything to purge the air from the system?
I had almost zero drip from the TB coolant lines when doing my bypass. That yellow clip facing the block would be a slut - I'd imagine you've already tried two small flat head screwdrivers to push the little claws back? It may help to pull that 8mm bolt out of the hardline and the two 10mm bolts out of the end of the fuel rail - be ready for a few ounces of gas to come out - but it should give you a little flexibility to maybe get on that clip. It gives you enough clearance to easily use a regular 17mm wrench instead of the HDMF adapter outlined in the thread.

If you pull that rail out of your way (gently!) you should be able to get that half a rotation you need on the PRV to expose the correct side of the yellow clip.

13.10@117.1 full weight DD no prep 1/4 (BNR S3 / E85)
JgamB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JgamB For This Useful Post:
BigjohnB20 (08-09-2014)
 Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #42

BigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the worldBigjohnB20 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks @JgamB; I finally managed to get the clip off last night. What a pain in my ass. I ended up using two pieces of metal clothes hanger that I cut and bent a hook on the end. I was like a damn arthroscopic surgeon blindly fishing the hooks around the back of the clip. Some how by the grace of god I hooked them both at the same time and was able to pop the clip off. The 7 beers I had before/during this process really helped things along...

I had to call it a night after that though. just got back from harbor freight with the tools from OP. Hopefully these will work for me. I guess plan B will be what you outlined and taking that hardline off to use a regular wrench. Thanks again
cp-e RMM, TMIC, Stiff Diff
AP
KMD V2.whatever
Ebay Catless DP
Grom Ipod
BigjohnB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigjohnB20 For This Useful Post:
JgamB (08-09-2014)
 Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #43

diepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the roughdiepanthony is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice write up thanks gonna do this soon
diepanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2014, 12:12 AM   #44

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,335 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Superskates loves wops

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dougefresh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #45
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,820 Posts
Groans: 1,909
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

In case anyone's interested, I just had my RV fail, and I'm in the process of installing a new one. When I called to order one, it turns out that there are only 11 in stock, in the country!

Anyway, so far, I've stripped everything out except the valve (I'm trying to decide if buying the adapter is a worthwhile proposition.).

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #46

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
In case anyone's interested, I just had my RV fail, and I'm in the process of installing a new one. When I called to order one, it turns out that there are only 11 in stock, in the country!

Anyway, so far, I've stripped everything out except the valve (I'm trying to decide if buying the adapter is a worthwhile proposition.).
I managed to change mine with a box wrench.
 Old 10-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #47

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,250 Times in 820 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm going to swap one of these out on a friends speed 6 tonight. I don't have the adapter in OP but I do have a ton of tools that should work. I'll post my findings.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #48
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
I managed to change mine with a box wrench.
I decided to quit being a pussy and pull the hard line off the rail so that I could fit a box wrench in there. Once I did, it came out, easy-peasy.

In any case, I hope someone starts carrying more of these things for a lower price.

Also, you're supposed to be able to blow through either end of the valve and have air pass through...right...?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #49

swd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond reputeswd120 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Also, you're supposed to be able to blow through either end of the valve and have air pass through...right...?
You're joking right? When that happens its definitely dead
Vansquish likes this.
swd120 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swd120 For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (10-02-2014), JgamB (10-02-2014), Vansquish (10-02-2014), white beast (10-02-2014), Xenios (05-21-2016)
 Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #50

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vansquish likes this.
Vansquish (10-02-2014)
 Old 10-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #51
Police - Grammarhead

OF COURSE I WAS JOKING!!!! Jeeez guys.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #52

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Total pain in the ass but I did this last night on a Speed6 without removing the fuel rail guard, egr line, or coolant lines. I used a Craftsman Max Axess 17mm socket and ratchet. The socket fit perfectly over the relief valve but it was a tad too short to grab the ratchet. I used a flat head screw driver to push the socket just enough to grab the ratchet while remaining on the relief valve nut. After that I was able to fully loosen and tighten.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1003140928.jpg (5.40 MB, 78 views)
JgamB likes this.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

Old 10-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #53

JgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,236 Times in 1,437 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by [R]usty View Post
Total pain in the ass but I did this last night on a Speed6 without removing the fuel rail guard, egr line, or coolant lines. I used a Craftsman Max Axess 17mm socket and ratchet. The socket fit perfectly over the relief valve but it was a tad too short to grab the ratchet. I used a flat head screw driver to push the socket just enough to grab the ratchet while remaining on the relief valve nut. After that I was able to fully loosen and tighten.
I knew there had to be a good use for those. I rarely ever reach for the max access stuff but this is definitely a smart place to save some time. Good tip, sir Rusty.

13.10@117.1 full weight DD no prep 1/4 (BNR S3 / E85)
JgamB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JgamB For This Useful Post:
[R]usty (10-06-2014)
 Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JgamB View Post
I knew there had to be a good use for those. I rarely ever reach for the max access stuff but this is definitely a smart place to save some time. Good tip, sir Rusty.
haha funny you say that, I never use these either. They've been sitting in my tool box pretty much untouched since I bought them. I'm finally realizing how useful they can be. I used them to swap my suspension this weekend, made things a lot easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to [R]usty For This Useful Post:
JgamB (10-06-2014)
 Old 08-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #55

jmen73 is a glorious beacon of lightjmen73 is a glorious beacon of lightjmen73 is a glorious beacon of lightjmen73 is a glorious beacon of lightjmen73 is a glorious beacon of lightjmen73 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

What size crush washer fits on the RV? And, where did you source it?

Thanks in advance.
2007 Red MS3: 4" ported PTE 5858, HTP intake, HTP undermount, Treadstone TR8, HKS BOV (VTA), Custom exhaust mani, V-band dp, CNT exhaust, ACT clutch, ACT 6-puck PP, Damond PMM, RMM & TMM, Koni yellows, Eibach prokit springs, Damond OCCs (vented & not).
jmen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #56

Atticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Necro, to add how I did it:

Pull FMIC (cold pipe) coupler off the throttle body
Remove air filter
Removed hard line guard
Pull fuel line off (yellow clip... not hard line.)
Used 17mm offset wrench

Accessed the PRV by moving the SSP's position and went under the radiator hose. It's super easy. No special tools. It's all about the angle of the dangle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17mm offset.jpg (24.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (834.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Atticaz; 03-30-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Atticaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-03-2017, 04:48 AM   #57

Bryce99 is a jewel in the roughBryce99 is a jewel in the roughBryce99 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
you cant buy the RV by itself, you have to buy a whole new rail.
Why did you replace this? What symptoms did you have? Sorry to bring back old thread

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bryce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #58

Atticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bryce99 View Post
Why did you replace this? What symptoms did you have? Sorry to bring back old thread

My HPFP started making a rattling noise, fuel pressure was very low are idle and got a P0303 code.

https://youtu.be/Gc_QfQxqBzM
The Following User Says Thank You to Atticaz For This Useful Post:
Bryce99 (08-03-2017)
 Old 08-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #59

Bryce99 is a jewel in the roughBryce99 is a jewel in the roughBryce99 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Atticaz View Post
My HPFP started making a rattling noise, fuel pressure was very low are idle and got a P0303 code.

Dude mine is doing the exact same thing... I replaced the hpfp and it didn't fix so now o bought a relief valve hope it does it

Atticaz likes this.
 Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Atticaz View Post

Why the misfire code though? I have a code for multiple cylinder misfires

Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bryce99 View Post
Why the misfire code though? I have a code for multiple cylinder misfires

That I am not sure of. Maybe since there is an issue with the fuel delivery there is either too much or too little being delivered? *Shrug*
 Old 08-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #62
PHB

PHB is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jmen73 View Post
What size crush washer fits on the RV? And, where did you source it?

Thanks in advance.
I've installed a new RV and it leaks between the RV and the fuel rail, apparently I've lost the crush washer, any info available on finding a replacement?
PHB is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f111/how-replace-relief-valve-rv-95418/
Posted By For Type Date
• View topic - Mazda 3 MPS relief valve This thread Refback 04-19-2012 07:30 AM