register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

bfowler is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default i come before you, a broken man. need help on a rich at idle CEL

i have no idea what to do next.
i have had a "p2188 rich at idle " CEL for over a year now. car runs generally fine. backfires from 1st to 2nd shift after being at a stop which makes a little sense from the code. no other complaints. car is running a purple drank "safety tune" currently so boost is at spring pressure ~ 15 lbs is the highest i ever see it go.

i have checked and rechecked for boost leaks. taken off everything and reinstalled from the intake manifold down. replaced the MAF, O2's, purge valve, PCV valve. no dice.

one thing that i noticed this week is that at idle, i seem to be making a lot of vacuum pressure. i have a OCC with lines between my pcv and intake manifold nipple. i bought pretty beefy hose for this, and the pressure collapses the hose. im thinking this is related.

anyone think this could be related? what would cause extra pressure in the vacuum system?

i will be buying the OEM hose this week to delete the OCC from this equation (hopefully temporary)
bfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,692 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What are the actual fuel trims?
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

is that the short term FT? it sort of jumps around. i do have a recent data log taken at idle:
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog6.csv (30.5 KB, 1 views)
 Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,027 Times in 2,821 Posts
Groans: 1,910
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

If the hose is collapsing under vacuum, then you're going to be running rich.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
If the hose is collapsing under vacuum, then you're going to be running rich.
that makes sense. what could be causing this extra pressure?
 Old 10-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

The hose is too damn weak (the walls are not rigid enough to support the shape of the hose under vacuum).

Old 10-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

this is the hose i'm running: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its pretty beefy. is there a better recommended hose for this application?

is there anything that could fail to cause excess pressure?
 Old 10-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #8
Police - Grammarhead

You keep saying "excess pressure", or "extra pressure", but that's precisely the opposite of what you've got. You appear to have an occ setup that has incorrectly sized/oriented/or bent hoses, or that you occ is somehow clogged or preventing airflow to the intake.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok. i will install the OEM pcv hose to remove this from the equation