register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #1

dwh1262 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Key Card for Speed6

Anyone have an idea of how much it cost to buy or have a part number for the key card for Speed6?
dwh1262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwh1262 For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 09-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,009 Times in 5,263 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

its 300 something at the dealer. look on ebay and u can reprogram it yourself.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #3

HeatsoakFTW will become famous soon enoughHeatsoakFTW will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do the ebay ones work? Sometimes the reprogram codes are'nt legit.
HeatsoakFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HeatsoakFTW For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #4

Ntahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,643 Times in 279 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The key itself is $29.89 and the transmitter(card) is $236.95 plus tax. Thats for an 06 speed 6.
Ntahndagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ntahndagirl For This Useful Post:
FourthWand (04-17-2012), ICNSYDU (03-03-2010), jo.jacques (02-04-2011), nlgiebel (05-17-2014)
 Old 11-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #5

urbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
its 300 something at the dealer. look on ebay and u can reprogram it yourself.
300ish if you have 2 card keys already. Its an extra 70ish to completely re-program the card keys which you will need to do if you only have one.

The key programming process requires that you have 2 card keys.

Just a warning, there have been a couple sellers on ebay that have been banned for stolen goods.
urbansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urbansurfer For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010), RedRum (11-04-2012)
 Old 11-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #6

Ntahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the worldNtahndagirl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am interested in how you program these yourself? I work at a Mazda dealership and have no idea how you can program these without the proper programming? I am not a tech though, so.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ntahndagirl For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #7

urbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond reputeurbansurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ntahndagirl View Post
I am interested in how you program these yourself? I work at a Mazda dealership and have no idea how you can program these without the proper programming? I am not a tech though, so.....
PDF Document on how to do it

Original thread on 24/7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urbansurfer For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010), Ntahndagirl (11-25-2009)
 Old 11-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, I did not know that. I guess I should pay attention at work huh?!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ntahndagirl For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,685 Posts
Groans: 1,816
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Keep in mind that the procedure above only programs the key card and not the supplemental key. In order to get that programmed, you actually do have to go to a dealer and pay through the nose.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
davidomalley (09-21-2016), ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #10

sno328 is a name known to allsno328 is a name known to allsno328 is a name known to allsno328 is a name known to allsno328 is a name known to allsno328 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

when i bought my car (07ms6) about a month ago i only got the valet key. so i searched online and ebay as well and i think the ones on ebay arent the oem ones? i only found ones where the key flips out, but i think those might be for 06's or regular mazda 6s. somebody correct me there if im wrong.

anyway, if you are talking about the credit card style key. i went through the dealership to get it and it was around $285 but i was able to get an employee discount from the sales guys i bought the car from and it ended being like $240. they were also gonna initially gonna charge me the $105 labor rate (which i though was unfair), but after discussion with the manager they reprogrammed at no charge. hope this helps.
sno328 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sno328 For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #11

LoresonDE is a name known to allLoresonDE is a name known to allLoresonDE is a name known to allLoresonDE is a name known to allLoresonDE is a name known to allLoresonDE is a name known to all
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by urbansurfer View Post
humm....so what do i do if i have one working and the other isnt (not sure why it has a new battery). I cant program it?
LoresonDE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LoresonDE For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

You will need 2 working keys to do this... Try taking the broken key to the dealership if its not working maybe.

I had to take mine in because my car only came with 1 key. So i paid for the program and cut... ~80 bucks
The Following User Says Thank You to urbansurfer For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #13

Durrun250574 has a spectacular aura aboutDurrun250574 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey,

The pdf. file works great.

My cards wasn´t working after battery replacement.
I follow the steps and both keys works now.

many thanks.

great info.
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #14

mazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud ofmazdaspeed619sd has much to be proud of
Groans: 3
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude, i feel for you on the pain on getting another full key card. i think i spent like 290 myself for everything, including the key key.

AWD BROTHERS SHALL UNITE!

Boys love straight lines.— Men love curves.— =)— Canyon/Circuit FTW!—

mazdaspeed619sd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mazdaspeed619sd For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #15

camdensms6 is a glorious beacon of lightcamdensms6 is a glorious beacon of lightcamdensms6 is a glorious beacon of lightcamdensms6 is a glorious beacon of lightcamdensms6 is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 1
Groaned at 15 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have an 07 MS6 just the sport model. I want to know if i buy one or two of the ebay flip out keys will it work with mine. I only have a key that has been programed and i have to unlock the doors by actually using the key in the door, VERY ANNOYING when its raining.
camdensms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camdensms6 For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #16

kalonov will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought a Smart Key (credit card size) off ebay for $50 and dealer wants $100 to program it for me which takes them less than 15 minutes. Does that sounds fair?

Is there a procedure I can do it myself? I have my original Smart Key.
kalonov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kalonov For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #17

Hof740 is a jewel in the roughHof740 is a jewel in the roughHof740 is a jewel in the roughHof740 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the pdf, i will do the programming on my other keu card that dosent work
Hof740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hof740 For This Useful Post:
ICNSYDU (03-03-2010)
 Old 03-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #18

Gitzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

my key card stopped working one day, but if i take the battery out and put it back in it will work and then stop working again with a brand new battery. any ideas whats wrong?
Gitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #19

hoyter is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have been looking for a spare smart / advanced key for my MS6 and came across the following website. Looks like $50 + $3 for the smart key and the valet insert. There are two frequencies listed though. Anyone know if we need 315Mhz or 433Mhz?

First Post after lurking for a bit.

MAZDA keys
hoyter is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #20

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,452 Posts
Groans: 35
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have 2 extra key cards (without the actual keys) if someone wants to buy. One is from a miata and the other is from an rx8. PM me if your intersted. I'm pretty sure they will work for the Mazda6
RichieRichness is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #21

jsehlms will become famous soon enoughjsehlms will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RichieRichness View Post
I have 2 extra key cards (without the actual keys) if someone wants to buy. One is from a miata and the other is from an rx8. PM me if your intersted. I'm pretty sure they will work for the Mazda6
My wife decided to wash one of my key cards and didn't tell me. Found out this morning when my card (which has worked for 4 years) suddenly stopped working and wouldn't even light up with a new battery.

So If I get a smart card, can I reprogram since I have both 'keys' and one working smart card?

Also, RichieRichness, if you still have one, I can't PM you, but I'd be interested in getting one from you.
jsehlms is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #22

jaywo33 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wanted an extra smart key, so I bought a used 1 on ebay and brought it to the dealership and said my key wasn't working. They gave me a new key and programed it under warranty. cost me $22 off ebay. Just a thought...
jaywo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaywo33 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-08-2011)
 Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #23

MS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the worldMS666 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,647 Times in 241 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 212 Times in 65 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

When I bought my car, it came with four (yes four!) smart keys. I'm thinking of selling one of them since I find it completely unnecessary to own so many smart keys. Is $150 a fair price to ask?
MS666 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #24

rdplain is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought a brand new key card off eBay for $75, and it cost another $70 to get it programmed at the dealership. The key came with instructions on how to program it yourself, but you must have 2 already programmed keys to program the new key. My 06 speed only came with 1.
rdplain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #25

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Please post instuctions or give a link.

Thanks!
 Old 05-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #26

rdplain is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here are the instruction given to me by the eBay seller!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mazda - MX-5, RX-8 - Card - 2004-2007.pdf (2.87 MB, 522 views)
BlackcherryGT likes this.
rdplain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #27

Neutral  +1 score     

did you use the "How - with 'Smart entry System'" directions on page 552 or on page 554?
 Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #28

ms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the worldms6zoey is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

heres another question, how long do your batteries last in the card key? mine do not last long at all! its annoying

CP-e Cold Air Intake | Nitto NeoGens (235/40/R18) | VG Shark Fin Antenna | BC Coil overs | Street Unit Rear Bone Engine Mount | CP-e Turbo Inlet Pipe | ITV-22s | Street Unit Test Pipe | 6000k HID Headlights | 3000k HID Fog Lights | RX8 Wheels Powder Coated Gunmetal Gray |
ms6zoey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #29

Akito is a jewel in the roughAkito is a jewel in the roughAkito is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know that this is an old thread... but hopefully someone can help out. I bought a 3rd key from ebay, and want to get it programmed.... I am trying to avoid going to the st(d)ealer.

Following the instructions from the PDF in this post (which are the same from the seller of the key) but I can't get my car to go into programming mode. after step 3 it sounds like the locks should cycle... but no joy. Any ideas?
Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akito For This Useful Post:
Orimar (07-29-2018)
 Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #30

ozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Akito View Post
I know that this is an old thread... but hopefully someone can help out. I bought a 3rd key from ebay, and want to get it programmed.... I am trying to avoid going to the st(d)ealer.

Following the instructions from the PDF in this post (which are the same from the seller of the key) but I can't get my car to go into programming mode. after step 3 it sounds like the locks should cycle... but no joy. Any ideas?
I"m having the same issue. I just got a 3rd key. Hopefully someone knows.
 Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #31

Lama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 20
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ozzmannt View Post
Same here.....never able to program the third card. ??
Mazdaspeed 6 2007 GT : Cobb AccessPORT, Cobb Stage 2+SF TIH 91 BT map, Cobb SF SRI, Cobb Turbo Inlet, Cobb shifter weight, Cobb XLE BPV, Cp-e TMIC, SAMCO Xtraflex recirc hose, AutoEXE Boost tubes, CP-e Rear Motor Mount, Cp-e diff mount, SURE juggernaut, Magnaflow Catback , SU Test pipe, TWM Short Shifter Stage 2 & Bushings, DashHawk, Denso ITV-22, RPM sport springs, whiteline RSB, freins Rotora, TSW nurburgring wheels
Lama is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #32

ozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud ofozzmannt has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Now I have 3 key cards, and one that is a paper weight with a red light. fail
 Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #33
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,685 Posts
Groans: 1,816
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

I made the mistake of buying a keycard from an ebay seller as well about a year ago. I followed the instructions given to me with the keycard verbatim, and was unable to get the thing to work. Shortly thereafter, I took the car to the dealer and complained about the fact that my "second keycard wasn't working properly." They attempted to program it and failed.

The long and short of it is that if you've attempted to "pair" the keycard with a car three times, then it will be locked out of the system forever.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #34

MazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the worldMazdaASM is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kalonov View Post
I bought a Smart Key (credit card size) off ebay for $50 and dealer wants $100 to program it for me which takes them less than 15 minutes. Does that sounds fair?

Is there a procedure I can do it myself? I have my original Smart Key.
thats lame... i only charge my customers $50, it takes 20-30 minutes to program and you have to pay something(since techs are flat rate)
MazdaASM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 AM   #35

mrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also have the Sport trim (no keyless entry here). I bought the car used and it only came with the flipout key. I want a backup to have, how should I go about getting one?
mrQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #36

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,364 Times in 2,335 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Saw the dealer this week for something and asked about the keys because I'm down to one. Only buy speed6 keys as the others are NOT compatible despite looking alike. Service Manager told to make sure it's the right one when I buy online.

Here's the Part# GPYA 67-5RYC

Like others said, it's $80 to program.

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dougefresh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dougefresh_ For This Useful Post:
Micha (09-26-2014)
 Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a key fob from an rx8 and miata. I took them to the dealer and asked if they would work with the speed 6. They said they were not sure so I asked them to try programming them to my car while it was already there for service... Just to increase their knowledge base. They agreed and told me they were able to program them successfully. I don't know for sure if they actually did this or the guy was just blowing smoke however, I believe him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

BT - 395 awhp 345 awtq @ Moore Automotive 4/12/2014 on 93 octane
Stock Turbo - 331 awhp 397 awtq @ Moore Automotive 11/10/2012 on ~e48
12.263 @ 111.75 mph 1.669 60' 11/17/2012

Old 04-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #38

TallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant futureTallKyle has a brilliant future
Groaned at 17 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can we just get rid of the stupid smart key and just rock a flip key?

I don't mind using a key to start it every time. Having the smart key freaks me out because if i lose it.. i am SCREWED!!
TallKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #39

WWP6 will become famous soon enoughWWP6 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by urbansurfer View Post
Originally Posted by Akito View Post

Originally Posted by Lama View Post
Same here.....never able to program the third card. ??
Now I have 3 key cards, and one that is a paper weight with a red light. fail
Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
I made the mistake of buying a keycard from an ebay seller as well about a year ago. I followed the instructions given to me with the keycard verbatim, and was unable to get the thing to work. Shortly thereafter, I took the car to the dealer and complained about the fact that my "second keycard wasn't working properly." They attempted to program it and failed.

The long and short of it is that if you've attempted to "pair" the keycard with a car three times, then it will be locked out of the system forever.

I've been through this a few times. As of right now, i have two fully functional smart keys (credit card style) for my 06 speed6.

Originally, i had one physical key (valet?). I got friendly with the speed tech @ the dealer i went to and he actual showed me the whole key deal. You absolutely do need the computers they use. The process otherwise is just way too confusing. They have to tell the ignition computer how many keys to expect, then program the keys in order (primary, secondary) then close/lock the computer. Once it's locked, theres no way to add or change it without completely resetting the system first.

Then you'd go about the ridiculous process of press this, hold that, turn on/off blah blah blah. Yet you could never close/lock the computer. So it would work, but leaves you open to theft quite easily.

I have 2 keys for my current car, and 1 from my previous speed6. It's not worth it to pay the dealer or someone with the right computer to do it right to setup 3. 2 is fine.
WWP6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #40

Lama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond reputeLama has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 20
Not Ranked  0 score     

My dealer program my third smart key for 30$. Not to expensive. There is no other way to do it
Mazdaspeed 6 2007 GT : Cobb AccessPORT, Cobb Stage 2+SF TIH 91 BT map, Cobb SF SRI, Cobb Turbo Inlet, Cobb shifter weight, Cobb XLE BPV, Cp-e TMIC, SAMCO Xtraflex recirc hose, AutoEXE Boost tubes, CP-e Rear Motor Mount, Cp-e diff mount, SURE juggernaut, Magnaflow Catback , SU Test pipe, TWM Short Shifter Stage 2 & Bushings, DashHawk, Denso ITV-22, RPM sport springs, whiteline RSB, freins Rotora, TSW nurburgring wheels
Lama is offline   Reply With Quote