register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

turbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need advice on suspension upgrades

I've been planning on upgrading, and now since my front right shock is going out and making noise now is the time. My original plan was to do bilstein HD's all around with H&R springs(which i hear good things about), but i was wondering if lower end coilovers would be just as good if not better(ISC, CXRacing, etc...). I would like coilovers because of their adjustability, but i know some will not perform as well or last as long.

Please only give advice if you have specific experience with lower end coilovers or the bilstein HD's.

The thing I want the most is reliability and performance, thanks!
turbskies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #2

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,934 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by turbskies View Post
I've been planning on upgrading, and now since my front right shock is going out and making noise now is the time. My original plan was to do bilstein HD's all around with H&R springs(which i hear good things about), but i was wondering if lower end coilovers would be just as good if not better(ISC, CXRacing, etc...). I would like coilovers because of their adjustability, but i know some will not perform as well or last as long.

Please only give advice if you have specific experience with lower end coilovers or the bilstein HD's.

The thing I want the most is reliability and performance, thanks!
Look into the ground control kit with koni yellows. I've got that on my car and they work great.

Crapatalk, it sucks for free!
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #3

turbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
Look into the ground control kit with koni yellows. I've got that on my car and they work great.

Where did you get your koni's from, most sets I see are around 600 and then another 400 for the ground control kit. Trying to stay around $800.
turbskies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #4

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,934 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by turbskies View Post
Where did you get your koni's from, most sets I see are around 600 and then another 400 for the ground control kit. Trying to stay around $800.
I got mine in a group buy on here. I think it was 8-900 bucks. I can't recall though. It's a good kit and you can swap the GC kit to other konis if you want to change it up. I'm not sure if GC is still doing the cutting of the spring perch though. You might contact them directly and ask if they've got any deals.

monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote